Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump Warned Of Impeachment And Jail Time

41 minutes ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

***///

MULE-er... king of collusion.  Few in the Swamp have colluded more than he has....

and with the most deep-rooted evil-doers in the place, no less !

HE needs to be locked up !!!!   :angry:

Yes he does!! I couldn’t agree more. There needs to be a whole lot of them locked up. In fact, I think there is room for them all at Gitmo.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, yota691 said:

Your candidate lost, so you say some votes doesn't count..Well I cast my vote an Donald Trump won, so my Vote did count...and when  the next election comes around an I cast my vote again for Trump an He will Win again. You will be saying the same thing...an Trump not going to get impeach or spend any time jail....You folks are salivating at the mouth like a rabid dog..the Hate has you delusional...

You are wrong... Well maybe not. Although I didn't vote for Clinton as some may think you are implying, my candidate a Libertarian did lose. Unlike the masses I couldn't find it in my heart to vote for a Democrat or Republican for president. They were both too dirty for me.

B/A

4 hours ago, Heavyduty053 said:

There are two things that can set this country into a Civil War.....trying to take our guns away and trying to Impeach a sitting president that we the people elected with no proof that he has done anything wrong while all the other criminals in Congress and govt run free.....They better think again before they commit such an act or the streets will be filled with rage directed at them

I think you forget... The majority did not vote him in... So it might not be a good idea to take on the majority if you are in the minority... I'm just saying.

B/A

• Downvote 1

7 hours ago, yota691 said:

Add this...

IMG_20180220_154124.jpg

There you go. It is right there for all to read... Line 7. Clinton won the popular vote. In laymen terms that means majority. And yet, our president was appointed by a select few.  Even Donald didn't like the system, that is until it worked for him. So next time when it doesn't work for him, what do you think he'll say? He will bash it like he bashes the people he hires when he promises to only hire the best... Hmmm

B/A

• Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

There you go. It is right there for all to read... Line 7. Clinton won the popular vote. In laymen terms that means majority. And yet, our president was appointed by a select few.  Even Donald didn't like the system, that is until it worked for him. So next time when it doesn't work for him, what do you think he'll say? He will bash it like he bashes the people he hires when he promises to only hire the best... Hmmm

B/A

You need to read and apply the whole thing. I am suppose to let a few counties in New York decide what is best for me in a state that feels nothing like New York??

There was voter fraud. They do let illegals vote. I don't trust a voting system that does not enforce voter ID or uses a computer system.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

5 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

True enough, Kevin.....and with Russia, Wikileaks, Stone and Corsi all amped up and in Trump's corner......Hils may very well find herself behind bars.  Trey Gowdy might just be the Special Counsel guy they're looking for.  He'll be out of a job and I'm quite sure he's still miffed how he was never able to pin anything on her.....so his motivation would be high.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

Gowdy would make an excelent Spec.ial Counsel to investigate all of this. Or the next AG

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 12/10/2018 at 8:21 PM, Synopsis said:

Well, OK, The Saul Alinksy "Useful Idiots" Ankle Biter AND Peanut Gallery Members Of The Snowflake AND Buttercup Idiot Brigade Volunteer Forces STILL DO NOT Understand the Constitutional NECESSITY for the Electoral College THAT SERVES ALL True The United States Of America Patriots:

22 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Question:

Why IS the "Cognition" of the Saul Alinsky "Useful Idiots" Ankle Biter Peanut Gallery Members of the Snowflake and Buttercup Idiot Brigade Volunteer Forces INEXTRICABLY "Connected" to THEIR "Safe Space"???!!!

Answer:

Because once the "Cognition" passes through the "Event Horizon" (heaven forbid) of the "Black Hole", irreversible gravitation forces ENTIRELY PREVENT return to the desired and necessary state of Reason AND Common Sense where REALITY, AND acting in accordance thereof, are APPLIED for ACTUAL Life, Liberty, AND The Pursuit Of Happiness lived, fought, AND died for by True The United States Of America Patriots - NONE of whom have EVER passed through ANY "Event Horizon" OR EVER WILL!!!

21 hours ago, Synopsis said:

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,  Saul Alinsky "Useful Idiot" Ankle Biter Peanut Gallery Member of the Snowflake and Buttercup Idiot Brigade Volunteer Forces for ALL The Red Ruby Citations to acknowledge MY ACTUALLY BEING a True The United States Of America Patriot!!!

:bravo:       :bravo:       :bravo:

:backflip:               :backflip:               :backflip:

Enjoy Displaying AND Demonstrating YOUR "Connection"!!!

WOWZERS!!!

The Saul Alinsky "Useful Idiots" Ankle Biter Peanut Gallery Members of the Snowflake and Buttercup Idiot Brigade Volunteer Forces JUST CAN NOT STOP Displaying AND Demonstrating THEIR "Connection" by issuing ME Red Ruby Citations As Badges Of Honor For ME For "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power" noting THEIR "Intellectual Envy"!!!

The Reason AND Common Sense disavowed by THEM regarding the Electoral College as a BEDROCK NECESSITY of THIS GREAT NATION IS:

• The Electoral College PREVENTS a Tyrant AND/OR Dictator from being inaugurated as The President Of The United States Of America.
  • The Electoral College PROVIDES greater weight for the less populated States Of The United States Of America in electing The President Of The United States Of America.
  • The Electoral College PREVENTS penalizing States Of The United States Of America who exercise voting LAWS to include positive voter identification.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Saul Alinsky "Useful Idiots" Ankle Biter Peanut Gallery Members of the Snowflake and Buttercup Idiot Brigade Volunteer Forces for CONTINUALLY Displaying AND Demonstrating YOUR "Connections"!!!

REMEMBER The Steps (:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:)

1. Play Chess with a Liberal AND/OR Progressive.
  2. "Comense" "Active Cleaning".
  3. Allow "Sufficient Time" For "Liberal Self" AND/OR "Progressive Self" "Deep Preening".
  4. Repeat (Go To Step 1).

Wait For IT.......................................................................

Wait For IT.......................................................................

The Saul Alinsky "Useful Idiots" Ankle Biter Peanut Gallery Members of the Snowflake and Buttercup Idiot Brigade Volunteer Forces will be along shortly to issue ME EVEN MORE Red Ruby Citations As Badges Of Honor For "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power" to Display THEIR "Intellectual Envy" being DEVOID of Reason AND Common Sense AND to acknowledge MY Display of Reason AND Common Sense for ACTUALLY BEING a True The United States Of America Patriot!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, In Advance To ALL The Saul Alinsky "Useful Idiots" Ankle Biter Peanut Gallery Members of the Snowflake and Buttercup Idiot Brigade Volunteer Forces for ALL The Red Ruby Citations to acknowledge MY ACTUALLY BEING a True The United States Of America Patriot ALL the while Displaying AND Demonstrating YOUR "Connections"!!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bostonangler said:

So far the only voter fraud proven to exist has been a small amount in North Carolina committed by a Republican volunteer. I think was something like 800 votes he threw away... Lock him up!

***///

So you heard / saw none of what went down here in Florida....?

Completely ignore what went down in Kalifornia...?

The ONLY way the left can win is by LIE - DENY - DEFLECT.

They've gone to great lengths to manipulate our Voting Systems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, new york kevin said:

Gowdy would make an excelent Spec.ial Counsel to investigate all of this. Or the next AG

***///

Sealed Indictments are pending.

The collusion betwixt MUELLER, ROSENSTEIN, COMEY, WESIMAN & LYNCH has been established

and they ALL are in great legal peril as we write this.

Wait for it.... wait for it....

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

Wait for it.... wait for it....

:salute:   :salute: !!!SgtFuryUSCZ!!! :salute:   :salute:

:twothumbs:   :twothumbs: !!!Not ME, SgtFuryUSCZ, AND The Very Best Of Your Weeks To You BOTH!!! :tiphat:   :tiphat:

:lmao:       :lmao:       :lmao:

I ONLY give YOU BOTH copious amounts of Purple Trophies AND Emeralds BECAUSE YOU BOTH ARE True The United States Of America Patriots AND are Master Chess Players WITHOUT EQUAL!!!

REMEMBER The Steps (:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:) ...............................................

The "Connection" Displayed AND Demonstrated by YOUR "Opponents" HAS GOT TO HURT with THAT pigeon head bob!!!

WOWZERS!!!

Wait For IT...........................................................................

Wait For IT...........................................................................

:lmao:       :lmao:       :lmao:

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

***///

Don't worry, KARSTEN - ho'bummer is on the list of kommie colluders, too.

HIS FBI... HIS DOJ.... HIS "transparency"... HIS knowledge of it ALL.

HE gave order to unmask everyone...

HE gave his fellow leftists the permission to lay US to waste on his way out the door...

something he didn't think he'd have to do on accounta KILLary being APPOINTED to his seat in The Oval Office.

Edited by SgtFuryUSCZ
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

The Electoral College Is Brilliant, And We Would Be Insane To Abolish It

Oct. 3, 2012, 1:33 PM

Karl Rove Electoral MapRove.com No matter who is running, each presidential election comes with a de facto bogeyman already picked — the election process itself.

The electoral college is loathed, depending on the election, by Democrats (2000), Republicans (2012), Third Party candidates (1804-2012) and other activist groups.

Still, this is one of the best systems out there without a doubt.

Sure, other nations have other electoral systems, but few are as geographically massive or demographically diverse as the United States, and those are two of the major reasons why a system like the electoral college is so crucial.

The original point of the Electoral College was to establish the role of the president. Congress is the voice of the people and so is directly elected by people. The President is the leader of a federation of independent states, and should be elected by those states. That's the philosophical grounding of the notion.

But still, there are several practical reasons why the electoral college remains crucial.

Rural voters grow your food

First of all, without it, rural voters would not matter in any way, shape, or form. Why would a candidate go out to the middle of nowhere to court rural voters when he could stroll through a single Manhattan apartment complex and meet ten times the people for one tenth of the airfare?

Iowa would go from political necessity to regrettable layover without the Electoral College, and angering the people who grow our food is notoriously bad form for a President.

Election season is long enough already

Next, nobody wants to make the Presidential election season any longer or more expensive.

If you make it so a president has to travel to 50 states to court voters, That's going to take time, and that's going to take money. People are already furious that this presidential election could cost a billion dollars.

Dragging it out more months, jet setting from California to New York on weekends, that would make an already annoying election period into a downright intolerable one.

It's the perfect test for a wannabe President

Even more, the current electoral system serves as an exceptional test in judgement for a future world leader — the Electoral College forces a candidate to make serious decisions in resource allocation and to coordinate large groups of geographically dispersed people.

Resource allocation is essentially the main task of the top government administrator. Removing that challenge would make it so the best candidate would be the one with either the most frequent flier miles or the strongest immune system.

Keeps errors local

The electoral college also localizes mistakes and problems. If it rains on election day, turnout is low. If there's no Senate race, turnout is low. Why should a state with precipitation have less say than a perpetually sunny locale?

With the electoral system, If Ohio is rainy, it doesn't mean it gets fewer electoral votes. Also: Recounts. The 2000 election was awful because it dragged on for weeks with recounts in a single state. How long would a national recount take?

Forces a majority

Still, here's the most important part. Without the electoral college system, a President could be elected with a plurality rather than an outright majority.

The Electoral college forces a winner who has a majority of the electoral votes. Without it — and with a compelling third party — someone could become president with only 34 percent of the vote. When 66 percent of the country voted against the president, that doesn't scream stability. How many governments has Italy had in the past fifty years?

Either way, it comes down to this. Americans live in a geographically immense, wildly diverse nation where people who live in highly depopulated regions grow most of the food. Without the electoral college forcing candidates to focus on these areas, the American president would fail to represent a group of united states, but would instead represent whichever city-based candidate could generate a mere plurality.

• Upvote 3

Don’t Abolish The Electoral College, Abolish The Popular Vote

The popular vote doesn't matter, so why continue pretending that it does? It only causes confusion and frustration. There's better ways.

Eric Boehm|Dec. 29, 2016 2:40 pm

•  

MOLLY RILEY/UPI/NewscomMOLLY RILEY/UPI/NewscomIt was the perfect ending to the strangest election in modern American history. Donald Trump was officially elected as the next president of these United States on December 19, winning by a wide margin in the Electoral College despite having lost the national popular vote six weeks earlier.

Trump's unexpected victory and loss in the popular vote unleashed a torrent of hot takes from Democrats and liberals calling for the abolition of the Electoral College. Their frustration is somewhat understandable, even if their motivations are purely political—after all, Democratic candidates have now won the popular vote in four of the five presidential contests held this century, but have lost three times in the Electoral College.

The basic argument goes something like this: the Electoral College is a relic of an age when democracy was still developing—an age when senators weren't even elected by popular vote—and that Article II, Clause II of the U.S. Constitution should be dumped into the rubbish bin of history. "Yes, Mr. Trump won under the rules, but the rules should change so that a presidential election reflects the will of Americans and promotes a more participatory democracy," opined the New York Times editorial board.

In response, there's been nearly as many Republicans and conservatives leaping to defend a system that has worked in their favor. The Electoral College was designed to prevent coastal elites from large states from getting to pick the president, they argue, and it is thus working perfectly well.

The Founding Fathers who designed the Electoral College were certainly skeptical of direct democracy and the mob-like factions that it could create. "The people, stimulated by some irregular passion, or some illicit advantage, or misled by the artful misrepresentations of interested men, may call for measures which they themselves will afterwards be the most ready to lament and condemn," warned James Madison in Federalist #63. I think they were right to be concerned. That's not to say that they would look at the current state of affairs and conclude that everything is working exactly as it should.

Because, let's be honest here, it's not. This election—for reasons that go far beyond the Electoral College—brought out the worst of America. That's at least in part because of the illusion of electoral agency. People cried over Clinton's loss because they believed she should win, yes, but also because they believed they had helped her win—millions of people in California, New York, and other deep blue states wrongly believed their support would affect the outcome of the presidential race. It didn't, and learning that fact is painful.

In response, many of those same people want more agency in the process—more "participatory democracy," as the Times put it. That's why there are calls for the popular vote to be the only thing that matters.

More democracy isn't the cure for these problems. From Plato to John Stuart Mill to Bryan Caplan, there's no shortage of political thinkers who have exposed the deep cracks in the idea. In a new book, "Against Democracy," Georgetown University political philosopher Jason Brennan adds to the list. Voters are irrational, ignorant, and incompetent, he argues, and placing limits on democracy makes just as much sense as letting attorneys sort through a pool of jurors to dismiss those who are disqualified. Brennan envisions a system where only coolly rational and educated individuals, those least likely to be affected by the emotional and partisan elements of politics, vote—though he's not clear on whether others would be excluded or whether he wishes they would just stay home.

I'm not sure it is possible to implement Brennan's epistocracy in the United States in any broad way, but the existence of the Electoral College gives us an opportunity to see what less democracy in presidential races might look like. It's hardly a bad thing.

With the prospect of Campaign 2020 kicking off before the headaches of Campaign 2016 have faded, allow me to suggest a better way forward. Keep the Electoral College, with some minor tweaks, and abolish the popular vote.

Yes, get rid of the popular vote. For all the money, time, and attention paid to the presidential race, the actual votes cast on Election Day are basically meaningless. In non-swing states, votes are literally meaningless. Even in states where a small number of votes could change the outcome of the election, your vote and mine are still so insignificant as to be practically worthless, as Reason editor in chief Katherine Mangu-Ward explained in detail in 2012.

The only reason to hold popular votes for president, as the system functions now, is to select the "electors" from each state who will participate in the Electoral College.

Here's a better way. Hold a national lottery to determine the 538 electors (drawing an appropriate number from the voter rolls of each state) and then let those people choose the president.

"Undemocratic!" you might be tempted to cry out.

Well, yes, but not really much less democratic than the system we currently use and, arguably, more democratic than the original design of the Electoral College, in which Electors were not bound in any way to the results of the popular vote in their states. The Founders envisioned a system in which well-read elites would be responsible for choosing the president, in theory as a check against the masses. With a lottery-based system, we'd be returning to that original idea, but with a populist twist.

The benefits of such a model, I'd argue, far outweigh the miniscule loss of casting a meaningless vote for president.

Consider: Almost everyone would get to ignore the election, if they want, because they don't have to pretend to care about it as a form of signaling. The Electors would be the only ones whose votes matters—the lottery to pick them would have to be held a few months before Election Day, I suppose—and everyone else could get on with their lives (or try to influence the Electors, if they are so inclined).

For starters, there would be unmeasurable benefits in the form of freeing people of the mental and emotional anguish created by presidential campaigns like the one we just experienced.

This model would seriously alter presidential campaigning as we know it, but mostly in a positive direction. There would be no need for broad appeals to races or classes, no more vapid identity politics, no more absurdly expensive (and months-long) campaigns, no more endless dissection of polls and un-skewing of cross-tabs.

In return for getting rid of all that cable news talking head fodder, we'd get something better. Each candidate would know exactly who they had to convince to win—a single mother from Toledo, a retiree from Albuquerque, a CEO from Seattle, and so on—and the 538 Electors would have tremendous power to force a discussion on the issues they cared about. It would be a months-long town hall debate—a real one, not one made for television—with the Electors standing in for all Americans.

There are other benefits too. With the presidential race truly out of the average voter's hands, those who want to be engaged in politics could (and would) focus on other races. More scrutiny of congressional, gubernatorial, and state legislative races would be welcome and would be possible only if we restore the presidential circus to its proper place.

Weighed against the questionable, miniscule, and illusory benefits of the presidential popular vote, the better choice seems clear. Let the Electoral College, with some tweaks, rule.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

On 12/10/2018 at 6:11 PM, 8th ID said:

This is where you are wrong BA. President Trump was duly elected by the people. The people voted in their representatives and senators for their districts and states, who in turn cast their vote according to the district or state they represent. Oh, which by the way, is how it is supposed to work according to OUR US CONSTITUTION! Want to change it? Then change the Constitution. Change the Constitution right now and we will lose it all.

Tired of hearing libs bemoan the electoral college.  Look up the reason why our founders set up the electoral college in the first place!!!  It was known that if straight popular vote was used, then the voices of rural voters would never count.  The masses who lived in NY and Philly etc. would always dictate how things went.  The founders created a system where ALL voices can be heard!  If straight popular vote was true today, then the east coast and the west coast would control all decisions and the voices from the middle would never be heard!!!!!  

By the way, I was 8th ID as well.  5/68 Armor out of Mannheim from 85-87

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 12/12/2018 at 6:28 AM, bostonangler said:

So far the only voter fraud proven to exist has been a small amount in North Carolina committed by a Republican volunteer. I think was something like 800 votes he threw away... Lock him up!

B/A

Please do your research before you post something that so obviously shows your lack of knowledge.   There have been 1,018 criminal convictions nationwide in the past 10 years for persons committing voter fraud.  Throw in the Project Veritas project that just wrapped up following this election and that number is going to rise dramatically.  By the way, 95% of those convictions.......

Wait for it.........

Wait for it..........

DEMORCRATS!!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1