Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq new 500-dinar note (B359a) confirmed Iraq new 250-dinar note (B358a) confirmed

6ly410

29 minutes ago, Laid Back said:

If this article is true, and a new 500 & 250 IQD notes are coming out to the local market, it means the RV will take longer.

Why 500 & 250 IQD notes instead of 1-5-10-20-50-100 IQD notes?

Just my humble opinion.

If they drop the 3 zeros on the 5,000 & up notes, all they need to do is come out with a 1 and a 100 note.

Maybe they're coming out with these notes (1 and 100) after they drop the zeros.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

My opinion only, with the current 250, 500, AND 1,000 notes worn out, they will need to be replaced in sufficient quantities to wind out the 5,000, 10,000, 25,000, AND 50,000 notes while winding down to the 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 5, 10, 25, 50, AND 100 notes (the first three or four may be coins) to be introduced in the future. When THAT is or HOW remains to be seen. So, ANY considerations inside AND outside Iraq remain to be revealed. I suspect some of the last notes to be removed from circulation will be the 250, 500, AND 1,000 notes so THEY will have to last awhile and longer than the current 2003 AND 2013 (issued in 2014) series can last in sufficient quantities.

Overall, I think THIS IS a VERY Good Sign of changes to come.

Just my conjecture, thoughts, opinion, and :twocents: for whatever THAT is worth!!! Hey, I might be a nut job or somethin'!!! CAVEAT EMPTOR, Reader!!! :o

In The Mean Time.....................................................................

The "necessary" AND "standard" DISCLAIMER Applies.........

AND (of course).......................................................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Floridian said:

If they drop the 3 zeros on the 5,000 & up notes, all they need to do is come out with a 1 and a 100 note.

Maybe they're coming out with these notes (1 and 100) after they drop the zeros.

I respect your theory but I don’t see it happening. It will bring a lot of confusion in the local market.  thanks for your input.

I just noticed this information is NOT from the CBI website is from banknotes.com.

Edited by Laid Back
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Laid Back said:

If this article is true, and a new 500 & 250 IQD notes are coming out to the local market, it means the RV will take longer.

Why 500 & 250 IQD notes instead of 1-5-10-20-50-100 IQD notes?

Just my humble opinion.

Agreed Laid Back, all their doing is replacing the worn out notes on the street. As previous articles has stated there are none of these notes on the streets an they need them. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dinarham said:

Once upon a time ,they had a $50 note , but withdrew them a couple of years ago . Why? because they were virtually worthless , and the CBI planned on reprinting them in vast numbers ?

I use my 50 dinar notes as coasters.

I'm only seeing updated artwork and perhaps security features on the new notes.

Seeing Iraq spend the time and money to issue updated notes with no change in the zeros

doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy.

The best things in life RV

yak

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2