Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq new 500-dinar note (B359a) confirmed Iraq new 250-dinar note (B358a) confirmed

6ly410

2 minutes ago, 3n1 said:

correctomundo jg1 , years past ive seen the decimal point show from time to time ... and here we sit 

Are you talking about 2 decimal points like this, like they show on XE.com. 

1USD =
1,193.63IQD
1 IQD = 0.000837782 USD1 USD = 1,193.63 IQD

OR are you talking about 5 decimal points, like this:

USD IQD   1190.37772 Dollars to Iraqi Dinar
  • Thanks 2

Thanks everyone for your comments. I could use the extra money right now as my wifes work permit and adjustment of status got denied. She went into mexico to renew her passport and returned with the wrong crossing card. There is going to be a lot less money heading south to my girls in mexico. 

2 hours ago, Floridian said:

Sat, 8th December 2018

Live Iraqi Dinar (IQD) Exchange Rates

Welcome to the Iraqi Dinar exchange rate & live currency converter page. The Iraqi Dinar (IQD) exchange rates represented on this page are live, updated every minute within the forex market's trading hours of 22:00 Sunday through 21:00 Friday GMT. Use links provided below to drill down to your preferred currency pair; Here you can view the latest news, top 5 best UK travel money rates, historical exchange rates and historical charts.

USD IQD

Dollars to Iraqi Dinar

Sun, 9th December 2018

USD IQD

Dollars to Iraqi Dinar

https://www.exchangerates.org.uk/Iraqi-Dinar-IQD-currency-table.html

Years ago I learned not to pay attention to exchange rate sites and to only go by the cbi. The cbi states 1190.000

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Botzwana said:

In a recent article it was stated that the CBI was getting ISO 9000 certified... this is a international certification... just saying...

Why would Private Banks need international recognition?

This is my opinion but I think the banking system is ready but the Iraqi government is screwing things up.

I believe very ,very, slowly and against the will of the Opposition  . Everyone is being forced to come along.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, blueskyline said:

I believe very ,very, slowly and against the will of the Opposition  . Everyone is being forced to come along.....

You are so very correct. I recall joking with my friends I worked with in Kuwait, because Iraq is what it is, they’d have to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st Century. . . Reckon we weren’t far from the truth of it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

Floridian- thanks for your comments and inquiry regarding my post. I haven't read delta's comments, and am not sure if his statement is correct - I will try to locate, read  and verify it-

Jg1- I know you've been involved in this speculation a long time, and I don't disageee with your comment regarding the decimal points not going anywhere in past years

same for you 3in1-

(thanks to both of you for all of your contributions to this site by the way - much appreciated)

The  question I have is: do either of you recall when the previous time period of the appearance of the decimal point was?  I can't recall specifically but I wouldn't be surprised if it was pre-isis (if that's the case, then it's hypothetically possible to to assume, perhaps - just perhaps -that  the  cbi was going to do something...and then Maliki...(fill in the blanks))

- again, the latter scenario is only a possible hypothesis...

let's check facts-  I'd like to know if the last time the 3 digits appeared after the decimal point appeared was pre-IBAN and pre-SWIFT codes; if that's the case then the appearance of the decimals may now carry more potential functionality - especially since they are showing up very close to the year-end accounting period.

This current period of time reminds me of when I was in the fourth grade, ...while going to elementary school in a  small New England town...we were assigned the task of learning about the value of stocks by reading the newspaper daily...,

in any event, I can recall with absolute clarity that a few of us spent more time reading the sports pages - in early spring- and for several days straight we saw that the Red Sox were ahead of the Yankees (which was great if you were a Sox fan recovering from the two back to back seasons in which the Yankees won the World Series by beating the LA Sodgers ('77 and '78 I believe)....thanks to Bucky Dent and Reggie Jackson.

After a few days of seeing that the Sox had the same division lead over the Yankees, excitement was lost - as all of us simultaneously realized that the season hadn't even started,  and the Sox were ahead of the Yankees  in the division standings for purely alphabetical reasons, since everyone in the division had a record of 0-0 (it's one of those learning experiences in life).., 

I share the latter sxenario because it's possible that despite the fact that the CBI shows 1190.000 dinar to the dollar, there's a chance an any moment that we may see that the 'the season has started' which would obviously be reflected in a rate change-

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...