Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Thursday Guru Opinions - 15 Nov 2018

11-15-2018   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   [It’s getting hard for me even seeing when or if they are ever going to float. The corruption, the stalling, the bickering/infighting, the incompetence...it is getting really difficult to see them ever getting past it.]   Yes it can be frustrating.  Keep in mind the IMF, World Bank and others are pushing this reform forward.

11-15-2018   Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat   Article: "ALMOST DAILY REPORTS OF THE ARREST OR ELIMINATION OF THE MILITANT GROUP’S TERRORISTS, THEIR LEADERS, SLEEPER CELLS AND HIDEOUTS" ...the SECURITY situation in Iraq is stable but they are still having problems with the ISIS group infiltrating back into Iraq from Syria. But we know we have heard many articles about how SECURE and STABLE Iraq now is so these issues should not be a prohibiting factor in the reinstatement of the dinar.

11-15-2018   Guest Guru Sam I Am   [Do you think we will ever make any money from the Dinar?]  Nobody will get rich from owning dinar. It's possible to make a profit if the CBI decides to raise the value like they did from Nov. 2006 to Jan. 2009...  about 25%...but it's very unlikely that they will.  But even if that happens the profits won't justify the risk IMO.  ...the problem is that most dinar investors have no experience with currency speculation (including me when I got in) and they don't understand how what a revaluation is...By the way, I owned over 8 million...so I've been on both sides...the average dinarian only owns a million or two...so my point is that I owned a lot more than the average guy... the IQD is pegged so it only goes up in value if the CBI decides that it will...they can't de-peg until their economy is diversified to the point that most of their revenues are non-petroleum based...((post 1 of 3)....

11-15-2018   Guest Guru Sam I Am    so our main point of disagreement seems to be the feasibility of the IQD floating freely.  I maintain that de-pegging would destroy iraq.  Kap [Guru Kaperoni] has been saying that [the dinar would float?] since 2012 but he doesn't understand that all of those articles are talking about the managed float that Iraq is currently using...they maintain the peg by manipulating the money supply.  [correct and the auctions yes.  so it's already floating ... just not "free floating" like the dollar or the euro.   The IMF has already stated that the IQD is rightly valued where it is...bottom line is they back their currency with their foreign currency reserves which is about $50 billion.   Divide that by their M1 money supply of 70 trillion and you have a currency that is rightly valued at less than 1/10 of a penny.   The low level and the relative stability of inflation do not suggest any significant over- or undervaluation of the Iraqi dinar...the "program rate" isn't an artificially imposed rate but simply the rate used by the IMF for monitoring purposes...(post 2 of 3)....

11-15-2018   Guest Guru Sam I Am      I didn't sell my dinar because it didn't happen on my time line. I sold because my research led me to the conclusions I'm sharing with you.  If I believed it would happen I would hang on for another ten years or more.   My research involves economics, IMF docs, history, law etc.  Yes they're going to float the dinar in the future just like they're floating it now, via a managed float.   ...those articles Kap [Guru Kapaeroni] quotes say that a more flexible policy will lead to an increase.  But they mean an increase in the exchange rate not an increase in value.  The CBI can adjust the rate any time they deem necessary.  Trust me, a year or two from now you'll still be wondering what the hold up is. ..(post 3 of 3)...

11-15-2018   Newshound Guru Phillyman   Article quote:  "...the Prime Minister Adel Abdul Mahdi, told President Barham Saleh that he would resign if the auction continues to sell ministries between the political blocs in his government."   Is the article true, accurate?  Madhi certainly has his hands full.  Who knows by the time you read this maybe all the positions will be filled with moderate, honest politicians.  Of course the biq question everyone wants answered is when will the IQD move from its current level.  Can we finally agree that no one knows or will know?  Does the state of politics even impact that decision?  The only person I listen to that makes sense to me is [Guru] Breitling.  You won't find an answer to the date question...but you may feel a little better about your investment in Iraq.  As insane as this country looks for investment to many I still believe.

11-15-2018   Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat
   Article:  "PARLIAMENT MEETING HELD ON MONDAY, MONETARY POLICY IN THE PRESENCE OF THE GOVERNOR OF THE CENTRAL BANK OF IRAQ ALI ALAK So we can see the seeds have been sown and many of the newer members of parliament do want the CBI to move ahead with the currency reform. Will the CBI now do it after this meeting with parliament? All the financial news is the best it has been since 2012-2013.

:tiphat:

• Thanks 1

In Response to "Sam I Am" above:

I've been in this since 2009, and still believe in a value adjustment.  Amount unknown but upwards.

Look at the IQD value against all the other GCC and OPEC oil producers.

The IQD is way undervalued. The lowest of all is mid twenty cents to Kuwait at $3.29 ..!

Then consider Iraq's wealth in oil, natural gas, gold, and minerals. Far greater than most.

Some points to consider...it's artificially devalued, and pegged to the USD for a reason.

Re-read the "Future of Iraq Project", otherwise called the Bush-Cheny Plan.

Then ask Adam to comment on these points, to get his opinion on them.

RON :salute:

Edited by ronscarpa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1