Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Goose/Gander

What goes around.......comes around........good for the goose.....good for the gander.......

Seems Avanati is going to get some of his own back.......by this I only reference his client who claimed Cavanaugh was part of a drugging gang rape group in HS with nothing to back any of it up......

Wonder how CNN is feeling now about all the air time they have given him in the past.......

And for consistency........innocent until proven guilty..........but Cops don't take someone in without cause in my experience.........CL

Michael Avenatti, Stormy Daniels' Lawyer, Charged With Domestic Violence

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Flipboard
  • Email
November 15, 20181:35 AM ET
gettyimages-1005914320-815e18a40e402908b

Michael Avenatti was booked Wednesday on a felony domestic violence charge a day after police took a report of the alleged incident.

David McNew/Getty Images

Michael Avenatti, the attorney for adult film star Stormy Daniels in her legal battles with President Trump, was arrested Wednesday following allegations of domestic violence, according to the Los Angeles Police Department.

Avenatti, who has denied the allegations, was booked Wednesday afternoon on a felony domestic violence charge after police took a report on Tuesday of the alleged incident. He was released on $50,000 bail.

Police say the incident occurred at a residence on Santa Monica Boulevard near Beverly Hills, according to BuzzFeed News.

The identity of the victim of the alleged abuse was not immediately clear. The celebrity gossip website TMZ initially said that Avenatti's estranged wife, Lisa Storie-Avenatti, was involved, but it backed off its reporting after her attorneys issued a denial.

"Ms. Storie-Avenatti was not subject to any such incident on Tuesday night," her attorneys said in a statement to BuzzFeed.

Avenatti has represented Daniels, whose legal name is Stephanie Clifford, in a high-profile lawsuit in which she is asking to be released from a 2016 agreement in which she received $130,000 in what she has described as "hush money" in exchange for her silence about an alleged sexual relationship with Trump.

In the past, Trump has singled out Avenatti for harsh criticism.

"I wish to thank ... the LAPD for their professionalism," Avenatti said a statement. "They were only doing their jobs in light of the completely bogus allegations against me."

"I have never been physically abusive in my life nor was I last night. Any accusations to the contrary are fabricated and meant to do harm to my reputation. I look forward to being fully exonerated," he said.

Avenatti also has represented Julie Swetnick, who accused Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct.

"I am not going to be intimidated from stopping what I am doing," he told reporters outside of an LAPD station.

Avenatti has suggested he might make a run for the White House in 2020 as a Democrat. He launched his own political action committee (PAC), named the Fight PAC, in August.

Avenatti's court date is reportedly scheduled for Dec. 5.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Stormy Daniels lawyer Michael Avenatti arrested over domestic violence claim

Lawyer who targeted Trump over hush money allegations was taken into custody Wednesday

Julia Carrie Wong and agencies

Thu 15 Nov 2018 02.43 GMT

4891.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=ce5bf8bb988fce544b5c73fab51f01fc
Michael Avenatti has said he is considering a presidential run
Photograph: Mario Tama/Getty Images