Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana 14 November 2018

Adam Montana

Thank you Adam for you updates they are always looked forward as are the comments that follow thereafter.. Tough call to speculate on a date , float or flat rate? .. My opinion is sometime in 2019 and a very low value float under 10 cents. Having said that it would be great if it were before the end of the year but like most  will await your message of confirmation. Thanks 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Rafiki1 said:

As more articles are published about the CBI, it appears that this entity is positioning itself to be recognized in more independent terms. I’ve heard nothing to dispute the CBI can act independent of the Parliment. To that end, I believe the CBI will indeed make it’s own reveal separate from waiting on the HCL. More and more we hear that the Kurds and Baghdad agree more than in the past on the specifics of Article 140. So I have a strong belief that the CBI will not wait “for permission “ to quickly implement the right to revalue. Investors must be putting a great deal of pressure on the banking system and it seems the banks are more than ever at the ready to revalue. In short, any time now and before December 15, 2018.

Agreed 

• Like 1

I think for bookkeeping, the hcl could be done cleaner at new year. I wanna believe the oil prices have more to do with Iran. It’ll work itself out. I think crypto is the future... but no one knows how to monitor it. Much less how to keep people from manipulating it’s value. Jmho

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1) Dinar:   Expect 2019 but wish for 2018 ( they are close to getting over the line)

2) US Economy: Tough times ahead for you guys as national debt and petroyuan bite. You guys need to get back on the front foot and reinstate the gold standard.

3) Oil: OPEC will get their way for a time. This benefits Iraq.

4) Tech Coys: Note to self ...Avoid stock market. Too dangerous and crazy unsustainable. Too few coys doninate the stock market... pure manipulation 

5) Crypto: Yes dip for now (whales manipulating especially feud over BCH fork but Blockchain is here to stay.

The space is slowly being legitimised and will eventually allow exchange to/From crypto/fiat etc. Eventually US citizens will be able to participate in all crypto once regulated.  This will be huge.

Edited by FlyHi
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ChuckFinley said:

My SWAG would be 2019. I feel this new GOI really wants to get things done. They will need the remaining time to get the budget and laws in place. This is addition to getting started on corruption. 

Hey Chuck!! My feelings are too, 2019, BUT hope for this year!! HCL, Art 140, getting to Chap 8, ridding the corruption, etc. Rate IDK, I know very little about how currency and economics technically work, BUT, I think you allow possible corruption (sales of counterfeit dinar) and a run on purchasing dinar and more people trying to get in on the get rich quick bandwagon as the rest of us have speculated for years, if it comes out too low, like .10 or something. I think more of a 1:1 makes more sense to me logically, but again, what do I know? Hoping for 3+, but aren't we all! Hope to meet you, and Adam, et al, soon! Some RV PARTY somewhere to celebrate would be a blast!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

I would just like to say, either we have a lot of new guru's on this site or we are getting close and its getting obvious. The rate, anywhere's from $15.00-$.10 depending who's stuff you are reading. I think for the people to stop using the dollar'$, they need to stop the auctions, HCL and go international and bring the rate up a quite a bit stronger than the dollar so the people of Iraq can see some type of long term future in it, like say a rate of $3.33 to the dollar. Oh, and set some examples, like stone or hang maliki to death in a public square. I will be there selling the stones and sharp objects at a slightly inflated price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

Excellent conversation so far! Lots of great arguments for both this year and early 2019... I'll be happy with either, but root for a Christmas RV.

( :lol: sorry, couldn't help myself!)  

23 hours ago, ddl said:

Thank you again Adam for all you are doing.  You pose some interesting questions.

As to the timing of an RV I think it depends a lot on tax status.  If we ...

Quick interjection - Iraq won't be paying taxes to anyone, so their decision to RV before or after year end doesn't take that into consideration.

23 hours ago, watchmedude said:

Adam you said we don't have a comp;eted HCL ,do we have a partial HCL?Thanks Adam.

Yes :twothumbs:

23 hours ago, jimbarnhardt said:

Many folks talk about needing to educate the people before this will happen, but I would hope that that has been going on for the last couple/few years. Slowly letting the citizens know what is to come, how it's going to change their lives, and how they will be competing in the world, and doing commerce as the world does. Why would they wait til they're ready to pull the trigger? Crash courses wouldn't be prudent.

I hope they are ready to go, just finish up the HCL so everybody in Iraq can benefit, like the Kuwaitis do, and so on, get GOI in place, aaaaaaand GO!! I have a feeling they will wait for the new year? Who knows?

Crypto has been around for a long time, App pays, Frequent Flier Miles and such are all cryptos so it's really not just finances, it's also technologies, so I don't see it going away. I see it growing and being more and more widely used. Probably one or 2 main 'currencies' will be BTC or Etherium or whatever, but I feel there will be many other 'crypto's' for emerging technologies that will continue being developed with blockchain and others. There will DEFINITELY be a shake out of smaller and more useless cryptos, as in anything, but it's not going anywhere, IMO.

Let's get this RV/RI whatever, going!!!! I've got some investing to do!!! :rodeo:

Thanks Adam!! Looking forward to meeting everyone soon - hopefully! I mean we GOTTA throw a BIG OL DV BASH somewhere in the world once this happens!! Would love to meet my fellow DV'ers!!!

Good post, cheers!

23 hours ago, Mammaw said:

... Tesla is in a game all its own....

Amen to that :lmao: 

22 hours ago, steveh12 said:

I thought there was going to be FREE BEER!!

Anyhoo, Dinar rv in 2019 😎

I'll keep that in mind for my next email, can't wait to see the responses on THAT subject line! :D 

22 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Hi Adam!

As ALWAYS, many Thanks for Your down to earth and tempered posts, Adam, AND The Very Best Of The Rest Of Your Week AND Your Up Coming Weekend!!! :tiphat:

I am SO Thankful for Your Rock Solid AND Bullet Proof poo poo guru poo poo filter!!! :twothumbs:

I, for one, wish I had such a useful "filter". Hey, I would purchase a poo poo guru poo poo filter like the one You have AND use if available through the Store here at DinarVets!!! :D

I REALLY appreciate Your focus on and acumen (as well as nous) for the ACTUAL relevant aspects to this Speculative Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Investment so have no problem seeking relevant input. :eat:

So, my take (hopefully at least somewhat relevant).

I lump in now to nominally the end of January 2019 for significant changes in the international Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar exchange rate with up to end of day Monday, January 7, 2019 being the MOST prime.

PROS

• Massive Volume of funds to be exchanged internationally for the needed Reconstruction, Construction, Economic Development, AND Foreign Investment. The "closed economy" weekday CBI daily currency auctions of nominally 200 million USD per day won't cut it and needs to be a real time "open economy" transacted based.
  • The Bicraqi Iraqi weekday CBI daily currency auctions are corrupt and the Bicraqi Iraqi are UPSET about that so they need to stop and go to a real time "open economy" to eliminate THAT corruption with the current program for Anti Money Laundering AND Corrupt Foreign Terrorism (or something like that) (AML/CFT) in place.
  • The stiff Insanian sanctions are in place AND the specific Insanian entities (banks included) have been cut off from SWIFT. The ability to FREELY purchase Insanian crude oil is "tanking" and cutting off a significant source of income so a priori prioritizing the cutting off the Insanian Terrorist Machine Funding via the corrupt weekday CBI daily currency auctions would make sense for terminating another significant source of income from the Insanians.
  • The Bicraqi Iraqi were told to wean off the Insanian electricity and other sanction related items in 45 days nominally ending on December 23, 2018.
  • The internationally exchanged Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar rate likely needs to be stabilized BEFORE the implementation of the Bicraqi Iraqi 2019 budget (hence first full week day of Monday, January 7, 2019).
  • Due to the apparent shortage of 250, 500, and 1,000 dinar notes in Iraq, the demand could skyrocket with more Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar notes being pulled out of circulation due to damage, etc.
  • The Parliament is looking to boot Ali al-Alaaq from acting as Bicraqi Iraqi CBI Governor.
  • It was announced NOW is the time to fill the remaining 2018 budgetary items that seems to be out of place for ANY sort of urgency with the Bicraqi Iraqi. NOTHING else seems to get done ON TIME so why NOW???!!! If the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar international exchange rate were to change SUDDENLY, the cash flow in Iraq could be problematic if the numerical values of the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar were apportioned according to the 2018 budget.

CONS:

• Nouri al-Maliki is still breathing and reeking havoc behind the scenes. I suspect this is why the remaining 8 Cabinet Members were NOT voted on this past Monday as advertised last week. As well as other problems to include the Insanians in Iraq meddling in a host of Bicraqi Iraqi affiars.
  • The Nouri al-Maliki appointed temporarily acting CBI Governor Goof Ball Ali al-Allaaq is still doing stupid stuff as acting CBI Governor and looks like HE can't do much of anything since, when he does, Parliament is all over him. I suspect Ali al-Alaaq CAN NOT legally modify the international Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar exchange rate so is conveniently placed to facilitate the financial corruption through the Bicraqi Iraqi CBI.
  • The Bicraqi Iraqi Cab'net is not fully seated. This could be a sticking issue for International Confidence for Bicraqi Iraqi Stability, Safety, Security, AND Stability.
  • There APPEAR to be some pesky pieces of legislation that APPEAR to need to be approved and implemented such as the remaining portions of the HCL, Federal Court Law, Article 140, etc.
  • International Credit Agencies have NOT given Iraq an international investment worthy credit rating.
  • Not all the UN Resolutions have been satisfied.
  • There is a Stand By Agreement in place that has yet to be fully satisfied.

All in all, I think there is more going on BEHIND the scenes to make the most of the remaining 2018. I favor more of a quicker change in the international exchange rate of the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar for a more stable transition to the advertised 2019 Reconstruction Phase as well as getting things set for the 2019 Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Budget to be implemented smoothly.

I believe sooner rather than later to prevent wild speculation that could drive the international Bicraqi Iraqi exchange rate down. My opinion is Nouri al-Maliki and Ali al-Alaaq will need to be fully removed as a couple key indicators of significant progress being made to kick off the Reconstruction Phase so I anticipate (I may be wrong here) Good News about the "disposition" of at least THOSE Two Miscreants.

So, my "prime time" (hopefully before) is December 23, 2018 - January 7, 2019 (nominally two week "window") with going beyond January 31 could be problematic especially if the 2019 Bicraqi Iraqi Budget is "opened".

Just my conjecture, thoughts, opinion, and :twocents: for whatever THAT is worth!!! Hey, I might be a nut job or somethin'!!! CAVEAT EMPTOR, Reader!!! :o

In The Mean Time....................................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

As always, Synopsis... eloquent and thorough.

:tiphat: 

22 hours ago, starfire said:

Iraq has operated for years without a full cabinet, so I doubt that they actually need to have all before the RV.  Besides, the GOI and the CBI are independent so the CBI can RV whenever Trump tells them to.

Agree on the cabinet, :lol: @ waiting for Trump to tell them.

20 hours ago, Scoopster said:

The walls are closing in on Maliki with the reduction in upper level government staff and hopefully he won't be able to negotiate a new place in the government to seek protection from prosecution. The Maliki appointed CBI Govenor looks really bad with the last minute bombshell of the sewer soaked 7 Billion Dinar. We need a seated government followed by a big ROUND UP of corrupt officials. This should go a long way to proving to the people of Iraq that their government is working on their behalf.  Approval of the HCL and a currency with newly issued lower denominations  plus an associated rate change.

I have been hanging on the edge of my seat for many years but this country does not move fast on anything. At this point I'm thinking 2019 although the pressures of sanctions on Iran along with the dollar and oil squeeze may force it into this year which I truly hope so because I'm tired! A few years ago during one of our election cycles there was some middle east crisis in the news and a congressman from some east coast state made a comment something like.... "You can't trust anybody with a Dairy Queen tablecloth and a fan belt on their head". He conveniently disappeared from the scene never to be heard from again. At this stage of the game with so many things I have read and the corruption that is rampant in Iraq I am truly ready for this ride to be over not to mention that I sorta share that politicians sentiment.

The FAANG Stocks are two rich for my blood. They are fun to watch! I rode in a Tesla Model 3 the other day and I was quite impressed by it's features and benefits along with the ride and quiet cabin. The stereo was high end home audio and you could even play video games. All in all.. Tesla was super neat technology that I would consider owning at some point. I am an avid fan and customer of Amazon. It's convenient , fast, easy if you need to return something ( on that note I don't know how ebay stays in business) and Amazon is competitive on many items.

Oil is really a risky sector to say the least. I've been watching some potential oils stocks for months and I have seen them take big hits just in the last few weeks. Don't know if I will play even at the low prices I'm seeing today.

CRYPTO - Well that is equally as confusing as oil. I dabble in several coins now and some alt coins but I am down at least on the alt coins as much as 50%. I am hopeful that they will return and soar way beyond my expectations but who knows. Markets are jittery and I think people are anxious to see what happens with the change in congress. Hopefully we can continue moving forward and hopefully our current state of political misery will subside and people can just agree to disagree like we always have and still continue to move forward. I am glad Texas stayed RED and hope that all our elected officials work together to keep this country great.

GO DINAR!

Yet another great post.

This is why I love these "conversation" threads... it's always good to see members come out and share their ideas.

:pirateship:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, Adam Montana said:

This is why I love these "conversation" threads... it's always good to see members come out and share their ideas.

Especially Your ideas, Adam, AND All The Very Best!!! :tiphat:

I REALLY appreciate ALL the news articles and diverse inputs members have made here so THANK YOU for all Your efforts, Adam, as well as Your Affiliates, Moderators, AND Administrators to include those behind the scenes to make and keep DinarVets the PREMIER Speculative Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Investment Site BAR NONE!!!

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 1

DATE

Clearly I am an Optimist (or I wouldn't be here). I believe (and have seen demonstrated) that "Energy Follows Thought, and Thought Follows Energy". To that end I keep my thoughts on RI/RV this year [2018].

Back this up with:

1. New government in Iraq

2. New government establishes positive changes (RI/RV)

3. Iraq emerges post-RI/RV stronger than neighboring Iran (which is under extreme internal issues and may be vulnerable

4. WORLD is generally supportive of Iraq (over Iran) at this time.

5. Iraq currently enjoys OPEC exemptions (for pricing and production).

6. Investors worldwide are supportive of RI/RV - snowballing to even greater investment.

RATE:???

1. History, pride, bravado and reputation are HUGE in the Middle East. The "Strong Horse". Psychology. To that end, an RI back to a range of $3.25-$3.75 may be warranted? (former value and on par with some neighboring countries in the Middle East). [my preference]

2. Familiarity/ease of conversion/use - $1:1 (I think this is a dream promoted by people who use USD, and even though USD may be used regularly in Iraq, I doubt it will be a simple 1:1 USD with so many other currencies to consider).

3. I remain in the conservative camp of $<0.10, followed by a continued float upwards (to perhaps a $3+/-).

WILDCARDS

I believe (and observe) that the founding fathers of the USA created a country/environment/mind-set that promoted success and freedoms never known on such a large and lasting scale.They built upon thousands of years of successful cultures, AND sought to eliminate the aspects that caused them to fail. Of course there are those who would prefer to control the resources (and citizens) of the USA. These groups are both domestic and external. Fortunately in spite of their efforts, the US has Patriots, visionaries, real-world experts and EDUCATED and informed Citizens who work diligently to preserve the USA, and her unique position in the world.

One of the great strengths of the US is her ability and willingness to adapt and respond to threats. So far those that would do the US harm, typically continue to have a "static' world view. It was demonstrated in 2016 with the election in the US. Citizens found their voice in a perhaps unlikely leader, and then as a result of record growth and satisfaction (and in spite of negative media coverage) individuals and leaders world-wide have been elected, defeated, or forced to follow the will of the people. I have no doubt leaders and professionals of the highest caliber have been meeting and coordinating with the government of Iraq (as well as neighboring countries) to address and usher in change.

With access to global information (even as limited as it may be) the word gets out, and leaders perform or are eliminated (as with Egypt and the Muslim brotherhood). In the case if Iraq (even Iran) an RI/RV may be all but essential to remain in power.

CRYPTO CURRENCY

With growing global acceptance of crypto currency (BTC, etc.) people are learning they can earn/create value, store it, share it, pay bills and sell items all with just a cell phone. This has already happened! Who needs a local currency? Iraq had better RI/RV while anyone still cares? All it will take is an enterprising shop keeper to start selling groceries and accepting crypto via cell phone to create a new market and loyal customers. As this happens, there goes the governments' ability to track and tax individuals and purchases. (don't think everyone from the CBI to the US Federal Reserve isn't concerned about this!)

So I have said nothing, but have shared my thoughts. :twocents:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

Dinar, No idea. 09 thought it would be 2-4 yrs. Lol

TSLA, cars no way, Battery Technology and Rocketry is going to make tons of dollars in the next 5 yrs. BUY.

AMZN, BUY BUY BUY, No stock splits (Refrence BRKa)

Crpto, scary short term BTC with only 21 million coin will payoff. How long and when is the question.

I called a killer gain with silver a couple yrs ago.

GO RV

FWD

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Adam Montana said:
On 11/14/2018 at 10:07 AM, ddl said:

As to the timing of an RV I think it depends a lot on tax status.  If we ...

Quick interjection - Iraq won't be paying taxes to anyone, so their decision to RV before or after year end doesn't take that into consideration.

Thanks Adam.  On re-reading your question I see you were referring to Iraq's timing of the RV.  My tax response was intended to be on the question of us investors taking profits this year or next.   I really appreciate your spending time reading our posts!

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, jimbarnhardt said:

Hey Chuck!! My feelings are too, 2019, BUT hope for this year!! HCL, Art 140, getting to Chap 8, ridding the corruption, etc. Rate IDK, I know very little about how currency and economics technically work, BUT, I think you allow possible corruption (sales of counterfeit dinar) and a run on purchasing dinar and more people trying to get in on the get rich quick bandwagon as the rest of us have speculated for years, if it comes out too low, like .10 or something. I think more of a 1:1 makes more sense to me logically, but again, what do I know? Hoping for 3+, but aren't we all! Hope to meet you, and Adam, et al, soon! Some RV PARTY somewhere to celebrate would be a blast!!

Good points there jimbarnhadt. I am a firm believer of 1 to 1.  

• Upvote 4

20 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

Good points there jimbarnhadt. I am a firm believer of 1 to 1.  

Me too. I am also a FIRM BELIEVER THAT THE IQD HAS TO BE ABOVE A 1:1, BUT I checked on a couple diff sites to compare and contrast, and saw this yesterday. Here's an analysis from some "Guru" whom I don't believe I've heard of before, (I love these guys coming out of the woodwork to inject their :twocents: worth who we have no, or little track record of credibility, credible sources or anything else), whom I saw wrote this on another site (I'm sure many people here have seen it too since they also follow everything Dinar, to confirm info from as many sources as they can - although I feel we have the best here - but I digress).

To paraphrase, since I don't want to give any credit of linked info to another site, here's the gist: "Sam....." responded to a question: "Do you think we'll ever make any money from the Dinar?" In which he responded: "Nobody will get rich from owning Dinar. It's possible to make a profit if the CBI decides to raise the value like In Nov. 2006-2009, but it's unlikely they will. But if they do, it doesn't justify the risks, IMO." (I disagree) He then goes on to say most dinar investors don't understand currency speculation or what a revaluation is. (Me) Well I do know that Iraq has a TON of oil, AND Nat. Gas, AND precious metals, and so on, more so than most of all other Mid East countries, and most incl the Saudis, UAE, Qatar, and others which are around .27 to the dollar. Kuwait is $3.29, Jordan is $1.41, Libyan Dinar is .71, Oman is $2.60, Tunisian Dinar .34, and many others worth around the current IQD, and many are less. I understand that Iraq wants to conduct business with oil sales in dinar, not the dollar, so the dinar HAS to have a value to it, not 1/100 or even 1/10 to the dollar. Anyway, (he continues) that the IQD is pegged so it only goes up if the CBI raises the value, and de-pegs only if it is diversified and not reliant on petroleum. Really? Then explain to me how Kuwaitis Dinar is worth $3.29 to $1 as of right now, and all they have is petroleum, and Jordan is $1.41, Oman is $2.60? Iraq has much more to offer than these other countries in Nat. Gas, and precious metals beyond just oil. I don't know how Saudi Arabia and UAE are so wealthy with only .27 to the dollar either? I'm no economist so I don't understand exactly how this works. I also just don't see how Kuwait, Oman and Jordan can be above 1:1 and IQD not? (Anyway, he goes on....)

He says a de-pegging would destroy Iraq, and the dinar is floating, but not 'free-floating' like the dollar and euro. he goes on to say that the IMF has stated the IQD is valued where it should be based on foreign curr. reserves of $50B and M1 money supply of $70T and that it rightly valued at 1/10 of a penny. Goes on to say they will float it, managed, and flex policies will lead to an increase, but in exch rate not value and the CBI can adjust that rate.

Can you, or anyone, tell me why he's right or wrong, and why, or what I'm missing, since I am NOT an economist, accountant or anything of the like? I've pointed out a couple things that are confusing to me (bolded), but I could easily be wrong since I don't understand the nuances of how currency value works. All I know is based on a couple things he said, it is counter to logic to me, or what Adam and many 'Guru's' have said. Again, I am still a firm believer that the IQD will go above 1:1.

Thanks for any insight and thoughts on this! Have a good one, Chuck, and let's hope for a major increase soon!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, jimbarnhardt said:

Me too. I am also a FIRM BELIEVER THAT THE IQD HAS TO BE ABOVE A 1:1, BUT I checked on a couple diff sites to compare and contrast, and saw this yesterday. Here's an analysis from some "Guru" whom I don't believe I've heard of before, (I love these guys coming out of the woodwork to inject their :twocents: worth who we have no, or little track record of credibility, credible sources or anything else), whom I saw wrote this on another site (I'm sure many people here have seen it too since they also follow everything Dinar, to confirm info from as many sources as they can - although I feel we have the best here - but I digress).

To paraphrase, since I don't want to give any credit of linked info to another site, here's the gist: "Sam....." responded to a question: "Do you think we'll ever make any money from the Dinar?" In which he responded: "Nobody will get rich from owning Dinar. It's possible to make a profit if the CBI decides to raise the value like In Nov. 2006-2009, but it's unlikely they will. But if they do, it doesn't justify the risks, IMO." (I disagree) He then goes on to say most dinar investors don't understand currency speculation or what a revaluation is. (Me) Well I do know that Iraq has a TON of oil, AND Nat. Gas, AND precious metals, and so on, more so than most of all other Mid East countries, and most incl the Saudis, UAE, Qatar, and others which are around .27 to the dollar. Kuwait is $3.29, Jordan is $1.41, Libyan Dinar is .71, Oman is $2.60, Tunisian Dinar .34, and many others worth around the current IQD, and many are less. I understand that Iraq wants to conduct business with oil sales in dinar, not the dollar, so the dinar HAS to have a value to it, not 1/100 or even 1/10 to the dollar. Anyway, (he continues) that the IQD is pegged so it only goes up if the CBI raises the value, and de-pegs only if it is diversified and not reliant on petroleum. Really? Then explain to me how Kuwaitis Dinar is worth $3.29 to $1 as of right now, and all they have is petroleum, and Jordan is $1.41, Oman is $2.60? Iraq has much more to offer than these other countries in Nat. Gas, and precious metals beyond just oil. I don't know how Saudi Arabia and UAE are so wealthy with only .27 to the dollar either? I'm no economist so I don't understand exactly how this works. I also just don't see how Kuwait, Oman and Jordan can be above 1:1 and IQD not? (Anyway, he goes on....)

He says a de-pegging would destroy Iraq, and the dinar is floating, but not 'free-floating' like the dollar and euro. he goes on to say that the IMF has stated the IQD is valued where it should be based on foreign curr. reserves of $50B and M1 money supply of $70T and that it rightly valued at 1/10 of a penny. Goes on to say they will float it, managed, and flex policies will lead to an increase, but in exch rate not value and the CBI can adjust that rate.

Can you, or anyone, tell me why he's right or wrong, and why, or what I'm missing, since I am NOT an economist, accountant or anything of the like? I've pointed out a couple things that are confusing to me (bolded), but I could easily be wrong since I don't understand the nuances of how currency value works. All I know is based on a couple things he said, it is counter to logic to me, or what Adam and many 'Guru's' have said. Again, I am still a firm believer that the IQD will go above 1:1.

Thanks for any insight and thoughts on this! Have a good one, Chuck, and let's hope for a major increase soon!

jimbarnhardt, wish I could find this study. There was a study conduct by, I believe, the CBI which put the value of the currency at about $1.18 to the USD. Every county's exchange rate is based on many factors. Looking at Iraq and what they offer i cannot believe their value is less than 1/10 of a cent. Yes, they have issues but at some point they are going to have to leave the dollar. People lost wealth over night as the dinar crashed. The country is flooded with USD. Say it comes out at .10 and floats. The world demand would drive the price up and even spectators would be crashing the party. At some point the dinar will flatten out and when that happens we should see a trading range. Or since the CBI has been pulling in many of the larger notes we could see a peg. Iraqis are not going to trade in their dinar in at .10 when they know it is going to go higher. At 1 to 1 dinar can easily get exchanged at the banks and in the markets.  -----Be right back - dog sitting and they are ring the bell to go out.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

Ok back - I may be way off base here but i just do not see anyone exchange USD to Dinar if the USD is worth more. The Dinar has to be on pair or better. Even close, say .85 I could see some trade in but people will still be holding on. I have no solid info or secret contacts. I just have been looking at the facts as I see them. Corruption as been the major problem to this point. I feel this new GOI will give us our best shot at an RV. I am not really concerned about meeting all these requirements. If you have spent anytime in the Federal System you know that for every rule there are two to brake it. There is always a waiver for everything. When I am taking about the Federal System, I am not talking about the kind where everyone wants to sign on the be your new BFF either. :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2