Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IQD Fact sheet

rockfl9

I hope this would be a counter thread to the RUMORS topic. FACTS ONLY.

!. The IQD is a FIXED EXchange  rate currency . That is Its value is backed by Hard currency reserves at a stated rate, Thus to increase the value the reserves must increase at the same ratio. SO to double the value the reserves MUST double.  There are currently 45T IQD issued ( the CBI says so ). 88 Ttrillion  IQD value in M2.  The CBI claims 60 billion USD is the value of the reserves.. 

2.  The IQD is classified as a NON-convertible currency , Its value is within Iraq only . Intended for use only within Iraq .

3. The MOF has a Stand-by Agreement with the IMF. ITs operation (including the CBI) is monitored by the IMF and reviewed every 6 months.  Thus the accounting at the MOF level is transparent and accurate.

4. OIL sales are revenue to the MOF and are not connected to the CBI reserves  The MOF thru the GOI budgets spend nearly ALL of the oil income. Currently oil and gas

revenues are aprox. 80  billion USD.,..

5. When the current dinar (IQD) was issued in 2003 ALL reference to previous dinar was severed . There is no connection to the mythical 3:1 dinar.

That's it for now , I am sure there is more.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Starrider said:

Awesome I agree + for this

Starr

I agree that we need to get away from the rumor section and show facts only. I myself have found that the news section is slanted at times. So again a FACT SECTION would be nice and Luigi can keep posting his reposts Plagiarism over there.

I also believe that a Fact Section will build more confidence in the weak IQD holder. 

Starr

Edited by Starrider
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, Starrider said:

I agree that we need to get away from the rumor section and show facts only. I myself have found that the news section is slanted at times. So again a FACT SECTION would be nice and Luigi can keep posting his reposts Plagiarism over there.

I also believe that a Fact Section will build more confidence in the weak IQD holder. 

Starr

Hi Star,

I never come in the tank but just happened to wander in today and saw you here also. Just curious.....do you think it will RV or lop? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, climber7 said:

Hi Star,

I never come in the tank but just happened to wander in today and saw you here also. Just curious.....do you think it will RV or lop? 

• Image result for hmmmm images
    I'll go with RV for 200 please
    There has to be a value if they want to attract investors nobody wants to be paid in wall or toilet paper.

Starr
Edited by Starrider
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

We will all learn from this ! I know what I've learned is already priceless. I know there are so many good people and smart people and loving people and religious people here that it's a great place to be ! I know I'm not always politically correct but I don't give a damn at 61. I know I'm not a republican anymore but yet I stand with Trump. I know that the old Washington swamp Democrats and Republicans have both duped us for years ! I know that if it were not for Trump I would have never known how really crooked these SOB's are at the top level of government ! I know I ain't going to take their Shiite anymore ! I know that this debenture may never go anywhere but when I bought in I had my family's future in mind over greed ! I know that I could afford it ! I know that it's not in my hands or anyone else's hands other than GOD ! Maybe that's why we are all here , even if y'all don't know him. God bless DV ! Take care.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Texstorm said:

We will all learn from this ! I know what I've learned is already priceless. I know there are so many good people and smart people and loving people and religious people here that it's a great place to be ! I know I'm not always politically correct but I don't give a damn at 61. I know I'm not a republican anymore but yet I stand with Trump. I know that the old Washington swamp Democrats and Republicans have both duped us for years ! I know that if it were not for Trump I would have never known how really crooked these SOB's are at the top level of government ! I know I ain't going to take their Shiite anymore ! I know that this debenture may never go anywhere but when I bought in I had my family's future in mind over greed ! I know that I could afford it ! I know that it's not in my hands or anyone else's hands other than GOD ! Maybe that's why we are all here , even if y'all don't know him. God bless DV ! Take care.

Priceless well said.+

Starr

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 11/12/2018 at 12:11 PM, Texstorm said:

Fact# 1.....The IQD we hold is grossly undervalued. Fact #2 .....The IQD was once fixed to the U.S. dollar at rate of $2.8   Fact # 3  There is currently no currency in the world pegged to the IQD  Fact# 4    I am not buying anymore IQD in this lifetime. Thanks

Certainly one thing folks might learn from this is to get "real" facts.

#1 The IQD is not undervalued.  The value of a pegged currency is limited by (i.e. can not go higher than) the ratio of the total currency that could come in for exchange at this rate (that roughly M2) to the total amount of foreign reserves available to satisfy that exchange.  Given that and the data from the CBI the IQD is valued right where it should be.

#2 Yes the IQD was once worth around $3 USD, but that was when here were at least 1,000 if not 10,000 times less IQD in M2.  Saddam went on a mad printing spree when he could not sell oil (due to sanctions) and hyper-inflated the currency.

#3 Correct, why would you peg your currency to a pegged currency, that makes no sense. 

#4 good for you!

• Downvote 1

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:42 PM, Texstorm said:

I know I'm not a republican anymore but yet I stand with Trump. I know that the old Washington swamp Democrats and Republicans have both duped us for years ! I know that if it were not for Trump I would have never known how really crooked these SOB's are at the top level of government !

Well said. Total agreement. MAGA

Edited by Rockymtnhi
  • Like 1

On 11/12/2018 at 3:11 PM, Texstorm said:

Fact# 1.....The IQD we hold is grossly undervalued. Fact #2 .....The IQD was once fixed to the U.S. dollar at rate of $2.8   Fact # 3  There is currently no currency in the world pegged to the IQD  Fact# 4    I am not buying anymore IQD in this lifetime. Thanks

Undervalued ??? WHY dont they fix that ???  USING CURRENT numbers the REAL conversion rate should be .000726.  They need to put another 6 B usd  in reserves to bring it up to .000860  !  The CBI is allowed to do this to keep inflation low and give the appearance of monetary stability. Definitely  the IMF would not allow an RV unless supported by sufficient reserves.

The $2.6 rate was 3 wars ago and we dont know that it ever traded at that rate outside of Iraq.  In 2003 the IQD was released as a totally new currency and refunded, all ties to any previous Iraqi dinar were broken.  The gurus wont tell you that.

The IQD does not have any true value outside of Iraq thus it is impossible to use as a peg!

AGREE that it is unwise ( I am being kind here ) to put ANY more into the IQD.  The CBI has only two choices  , keep printing the same series of notes OR LOP . In either case there is no profit.  In fact, IF they lop you may loose everything. The dealers will not buy back the old dinar and there would not be any incentive to sell the new dinar. Can you imagine the cost of shipping tons of old dinar back to Iraq where it is likely to be impounded at the border ? 

There is a talk about the need to increase the value to attract  investors,  not so ,  investment will be done in dollars.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

No one has attempted to answer the key question of WHERE the RV money will come from....  If RV were to happen today the money must come from some supply that already exists   There are 88 T dinar , a one cent RV would value that as equivalent to 880 BILLION US DOLLARS. That would be a lot of money sitting around just waiting ! 

This thing is the classic TOO GOOD to be true!!!!

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A 1% up or down change in the exchange rate would be a DEstabilizing effect on the Irqai economy and create a lack of confidence on the CBI.  A 10% change  would be catastrophic !  A one cent RV would be a 1000% increase which is preposterous ...It cant be ! 

Dinarians want to think that such a move would be welcome in Iraq,  They want stability.  Dropping 3 zeros Is a value neutral change that results in a modern looking currency that would give the IQD  nearly equal standing with the dollar ( 1 dinar : $0.83 ) which is the only way for it to trade in the market .

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

THINK ! At 10 cents per dinar , one mil would cost $100,000.  No one would buy at that price .. If no one would buy then no one can sell ! It does not matter what price the CBI may set for Iraq , in the international market , if it were to exist , would set its own price based on demand. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, rockfl9 said:

THINK ! At 10 cents per dinar , one mil would cost $100,000.  No one would buy at that price .. If no one would buy then no one can sell ! It does not matter what price the CBI may set for Iraq , in the international market , if it were to exist , would set its own price based on demand. 

Hello Rock ! I guess your and expert on Fiat currency as well as cripto. So in your infinite knowledge I really need some insight on cripto. I've studied it for a year now , I've got just enough left in savings to invest. I would greatly appreciate your input. Thanks

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Texstorm said:

Hello Rock ! I guess your and expert on Fiat currency as well as cripto. So in your infinite knowledge I really need some insight on cripto. I've studied it for a year now , I've got just enough left in savings to invest. I would greatly appreciate your input. Thanks

It is among the most common of replies by believers to state 'well what makes you an expert?". But it takes no expertise to understand that the CBI can only set a rate that they can actually offer and that is dependent on the money supply in IQD and heir reserves in USD.  

As long as the CBI pegs the IQD, there will not be much trading since it will not fluctuate very much.  Iraq is extremely unlikely to let their currency float (i.e. stop the peg) because as a single resource economy that would make the value of the IQD go up and down with oil prices (this is why the other OPEC members also peg).  The key desirable attribute for a currency is stability (note that this is enshrined in the CBI's docs you can find on their site).  If Iraq did let the IQD float chances are that it would go down for exactly the reasons Rock states, who would buy?

The lack of stability is also one of the key blockages for wider adoption of any of the 3,000 or so crypto currencies.  They are really more like speculative commodity investments than currencies.  Their volatility allows the possiility to make money or lose it, but it isn't a good thing for a currency.  The other big problem is that the key to making a crypto currency work is that it must be extremely difficult to compute a block in the blockchain, but that same issue means it takes a lot of electricity to do so and that also is a major problem for any wide spread adoption as a currency.

• Downvote 3

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 3:11 PM, Texstorm said:

I bought what I could afford to lose almost 11 years ago.....nothing has changed. I did not plan then nor now to purchase more

• Like 1

I wish I had a crystal ball like EVERY LOPster who has ever sat at the bottom of the tank. I surprised with knowing all like they do how is it this is the ONLY thing they are experts at. Please provide me winning lotto numbers, the secret getting the HOTTEST Victoria Secret model, & knowing what teams are going to win ALL the World Championships WORLDWIDE. I'm sure this isn't a problem for those like yourselves that know EVERYTHING. Oh but wait they're not even experts on DINAR.......for ZIP, NADA, Absolutley nothing has happened like they have predicted.............hmmmmm exactly like the Arse wipe Guru's. Twins Brothers from different Mothers is what they are.

Edited by caz1104
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

I wish I had a crystal ball like EVERY LOPster who has ever sat at the bottom of the tank. I surprised with knowing all like they do how is it this is the ONLY thing they are experts at. Please provide me winning lotto numbers, the secret getting the HOTTEST Victoria Secret model, & knowing what teams are going to win ALL the World Championships WORLDWIDE. I'm sure this isn't a problem for those like yourselves that know EVERYTHING. Oh but wait they're not even experts on DINAR.......for ZIP, NADA, Absolutley nothing has happened like they have predicted.............hmmmmm exactly like the Arse wipe Guru's. Twins Brothers from different Mothers is what they are.

Hey caz ! My hot button was the VSM can I be a guru for just one day ? Please .... just kidding... Not ! I'm probably better off going there in person with my lady .....when I get a couple hundred extra dollars. LOL 🤗

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, caz1104 said:

Come on Caz you know this is not true.  Gurus make predictions on what Iraq WILL DO.  All I (or any "lobster" that I have read, though I to do not claim to have read every post) do is point out the limits of what Iraq COULD DO.  The first is based on some sort of crystal ball, the second is based only on a basic understanding of currency.  Those are very different.  I also pointed out a couple of things that while possible, are in my view very unlikely and gave my reasoning.

If you disagree with any of that you could have pointed that out with support for your claim.  But instead you just hurl the same old slur.  Aren't you tired of that?

As for the loto numbers and winning teams I'm afraid the Temporal Prime Directive prohibits me from divulging these things.   As for "the secret to getting the hottest Victoria's Secret model", not even time travel will reveal that.

16 hours ago, EverCurious452 said:

Come on Caz you know this is not true.  Gurus make predictions on what Iraq WILL DO.  All I (or any "lobster" that I have read, though I to do not claim to have read every post) do is point out the limits of what Iraq COULD DO.  The first is based on some sort of crystal ball, the second is based only on a basic understanding of currency.  Those are very different.  I also pointed out a couple of things that while possible, are in my view very unlikely and gave my reasoning.

If you disagree with any of that you could have pointed that out with support system">support for your claim.  But instead you just hurl the same old slur.  Aren't you tired of that?

As for the loto numbers and winning teams I'm afraid the Temporal Prime Directive prohibits me from divulging these things.   As for "the secret to getting the hottest Victoria's Secret model", not even time travel will reveal that.

"hurl" ? the same could be said of you and your brethren. I use the "Eeyore" complex..."it'll never work...we're doomed" It's the same ol Shiite day in- day out. You don't believe based on your "research & expertise".....cool....no problem. But just like "GURU's" ( and yes LOPsters & Guru's are one in the same - "egotistical look at me" folks)......we heard you the 1st time. So what is the game plan for continuously stating the same thing? It's like the definition of "insanity" only on yourselves

Edited by caz1104
update
  • Like 1

On 11/30/2018 at 7:49 PM, Texstorm said:

I'm no expert Tex. But it doesnt take an expert to learn the rules , get the numbers and do the math. EC is correct , if the CBI raised the rate  to a full 1/10th of a cent the result will be a drain on the reserves. The CBI will gradually slip into bankruptcy.  It wont do that, it is financial suicide .

Cryptos are IQD on STEROIDS, both are money loosing bets , but with cryptos you will loose much faster. BTC has lost 50% of its value in the last 3 months to buy now expecting a recovery is a sucker bet.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

"hurl" ? the same could be said of you and your brethren. I use the "Eeyore" complex..."it'll never work...we're doomed" It's the same ol Shiite day in- day out. You don't believe based on your "research & expertise".....cool....no problem. But just like "GURU's" ( and yes LOPsters & Guru's are one in the same - "egotistical look at me" folks)......we heard you the 1st time. So what is the game plan for continuously stating the same thing? It's like the definition of "insanity" only on yourselves

I risk being accused of repeating the same ole shite but here goes "Where will the money (dollars) come from ????  The gurus want you to believe that when the CBI simply ups the rate the BANKS will jump in and offer to buy dinar at that rate with a little discount of course. THEN WHAT will the banks do with if the CBI isn't/can't buy it back? ??  Will they just trade it among themselves !!  Every swap would be a money looser.   The problem with that is that US banks cannot carry foreign currency as an asset !  It would be a drain on the balance sheet .Buying and getting stuck with IQD even for a few days would  present a problem.

• Downvote 1