Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IQD Fact sheet

rockfl9

43 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

Rockfish & LOPsters Everywhere - If someone had knowledge that something terrible was about to happen to someone and did nothing to prevent it....what would you call that person?

CAZ,  I dont know what more I can do ... I have been warning people here that they stand a good chance at loosing ALL that they have "invested " in IQD  and should get out ASAP.  The IQD they have will never be worth more than it is today.  IF they LOP and  we should all know by now that it is possible , the prospect of an RV goes out the window.  The dealers will no longer buy IQD because they know no one would buy "old dinar".   

The only other alternative is that the CBI cant pull it off and simply more AND larger notes. and this goes on for another 15 years .  But  hopefully before then the hype winds down and Dinarians figure out what happened.

• Downvote 2

LOL..I would think great humanitarians like ur self would do anything/everything in their power to ENLIGHTEN/WARN  people before they purchased. But of course those that know better (people with IQ's higher than 1) know this NOT to be the reason LOPsters hang around for YEARS.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 12/4/2018 at 3:02 PM, rockfl9 said:

CAZ,  I dont know what more I can do ... I have been warning people here that they stand a good chance at loosing ALL that they have "invested " in IQD  and should get out ASAP.  The IQD they have will never be worth more than it is today.  IF they LOP and  we should all know by now that it is possible , the prospect of an RV goes out the window.  The dealers will no longer buy IQD because they know no one would buy "old dinar".   

The only other alternative is that the CBI cant pull it off and simply more AND larger notes. and this goes on for another 15 years .  But  hopefully before then the hype winds down and Dinarians figure out what happened.

Hello Rock ! It is true that some of us have entered into this for religious beliefs which is not of your concern because you have never acknowledged God. It is also true that some of us have had the funds and could afford it,  to enter into this debenture for the love of our family and the hope of providing for them in the future. It is also true that this may never go anywhere ! I admit that to you. We are all going to win big time ! Or not  ! However none of us are ever going to loose big time or not ! Fact ! The IQD probably will never go any lower than it is now... And if it does we are talking dollars and cents.  WTF that ain't going to break 90 % of most of us here. I've already lost $ from the first day I purchased , like it seems a hundred years ago now....but we are not all at a  total loss should the IQD never rise. My 401 lost me more money than the IQD ever cost me.... just think about that for a second. I really think that you are not a happy person to tell everyone here about a situation that none of us , including you are not in control ! What is your catalyst to come here and attack people of good nature ? I just spoke my complete heart.... show us yours ! Thanks / Mark Hamilton

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Texstorm said:

Hello Rock ! It is true that some of us have entered into this for religious beliefs which is not of your concern because you have never acknowledged God. It is also true that some of us have had the funds and could afford it,  to enter into this debenture for the love of our family and the hope of providing for them in the future. It is also true that this may never go anywhere ! I admit that to you. We are all going to win big time ! Or not  ! However none of us are ever going to loose big time or not ! Fact ! The IQD probably will never go any lower than it is now... And if it does we are talking dollars and cents.  WTF that ain't going to break 90 % of most of us here. I've already lost $ from the first day I purchased , like it seems a hundred years ago now....but we are not all at a  total loss should the IQD never rise. My 401 lost me more money than the IQD ever cost me.... just think about that for a second. I really think that you are not a happy person to tell everyone here about a situation that none of us , including you are not in control ! What is your catalyst to come here and attack people of good nature ? I just spoke my complete heart.... show us yours ! Thanks / Mark Hamilton

Well said!  Summed up this investment nicely.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Also I ask that DV shut down the lop tank , it is no longer needed because either you are here or not ! We are not stupid and we don't need someone who can one sidedy bring annoyances with to this site without consequences. Shut it down ! Top side and if you get voted out it because it's not what we want to hear. It's time to be accountable for what we say. The tank is now outdated ! Pull the plug and send the Lopster's to Davy Jones locker ! There is not a soul here now that doesn't know what is going on. Good bye negs !

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Let's just go to 15 negs everyweek and they are mummy dust ! I'm tired of the negatives , don't need them in my life ! This SOB has been dissected into a zygote " a single cell organism " and now worse trying to break it down to DNA " Deoxiribonuclicacid ". Shut the tank down please ! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Texstorm said:

Let's just go to 15 negs everyweek and they are mummy dust ! I'm tired of the negatives , don't need them in my life ! This SOB has been dissected into a zygote " a single cell organism " and now worse trying to break it down to DNA " Deoxiribonuclicacid ". Shut the tank down please ! 

Good morning Texstorm,

I personally dont think this forum is a bad thing. People can take what they want from it and make a decision.  Took me years to come down to the tank and hear what some had to say about the dinar. Yes some are over zealous in their rhetoric regarding this venture. No reason to ever belittle people about this.And thats what many if not most Lobsters have done. I had many personal conversation with " Keep" years ago. Just helped me to dig deeper and make my own decision.  I personally just found the numbers to not make sense to me. I've always said that I'm not an economic expert by any means. So my opinion is worthless.  But I can say that my money i cashed out a while ago  has well over tripled since selling my dinar.  Heck it was found money because i bought a little at a time with money i did not care about.  I amassed over 12 million dinar at one point.  I was actually able to make a few bucks at it because i had bought lower denoms early on in the game. When i sold people were paying premium for these.  I kept some dinar just for fun.  Not even hoping to make money of my dinar anymore.  If i do great but does not matter. Like you said you have done i have learned alot.  But i do own quite a bit of tangible new assets now because of this.   And found a great hobby also.   I personally dont need more than i have.  My kids are doing well on their own, My health is good and also have a great women that i come home to every day.

But i do believe its none of my business with what people do with their money. Hope they make a boatload off of this. But also hope people take the time to look at the numbers and not just listen to the Gurus and pumpers like I once did. Make up your own mind and learn as much as you can. 

Have a great day 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 12/6/2018 at 9:43 AM, SocalDinar said:

Good morning Texstorm,

I personally dont think this forum is a bad thing. People can TAKE what they want from it and make a decision.  Took me years to come down to the tank and hear what some had to say about the dinar. Yes some are over zealous in their rhetoric regarding this venture.

But i do believe its none of my business with what people do with their money. Hope they make a boatload off of this. But also hope people take the time to LOOK at the numbers and NOT JUST LISTEN TO THE GURUS and pumpers like I once did. Make up your own mind and LEARN as much as you can. 

Have a great day 

SD,   Thanks for the good points!   

• Downvote 1

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:43 AM, SocalDinar said:

Good morning Texstorm,

I personally dont think this forum is a bad thing. People can take what they want from it and make a decision.  Took me years to come down to the tank and hear what some had to say about the dinar. Yes some are over zealous in their rhetoric regarding this venture. No reason to ever belittle people about this.And thats what many if not most Lobsters have done. I had many personal conversation with " Keep" years ago. Just helped me to dig deeper and make my own decision.  I personally just found the numbers to not make sense to me. I've always said that I'm not an economic expert by any means. So my opinion is worthless.  But I can say that my money i cashed out a while ago  has well over tripled since selling my dinar.  Heck it was found money because i bought a little at a time with money i did not care about.  I amassed over 12 million dinar at one point.  I was actually able to make a few bucks at it because i had bought lower denoms early on in the game. When i sold people were paying premium for these.  I kept some dinar just for fun.  Not even hoping to make money of my dinar anymore.  If i do great but does not matter. Like you said you have done i have learned alot.  But i do own quite a bit of tangible new assets now because of this.   And found a great hobby also.   I personally dont need more than i have.  My kids are doing well on their own, My health is good and also have a great women that i come home to every day.

But i do believe its none of my business with what people do with their money. Hope they make a boatload off of this. But also hope people take the time to look at the numbers and not just listen to the Gurus and pumpers like I once did. Make up your own mind and learn as much as you can. 

Have a great day 

SD,

I  believe one's portfolio is theirs and should not be ridiculed or preached to about. I'm sure you would agree that the vast majority of folks that have speculated/invested in multiple ventures over time have lost in at least one of them.  To have LOPsters preach they're opinions (which I believe they have the right to do) as FACT is ok but not necessarily true. Especially under the guise of helping is:bs:

P.S. I'm glad you've done well & found a hobby you enjoy

• Upvote 1

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:26 PM, Texstorm said:

:twothumbs:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Redenominaion 101..   That crazy idea is back .. When a redenomination  happens All of a counties currency is reduced by the SAME factor, no exceptions .. I this case the factor is 1000,  1000 IQD becomes 1,  500 becomes 0.5 , 250 becomes 0.25  etc   If you paid more for the small notes as LOP insurance, you  wasted your money.    

In fact, if there is any kind of recovery after an RD it is less likely these piles  of TP   will be accepted .

• Downvote 2

Just messing with you.  I don't have any small notes. This may happen, this may not.  To say I'm an expert on currency reform, redenomination, revaluation, etc.... would be a lie at best.  I just think that there is a possibility this may happen as the people and countries involved have a tendency to make things happen. I bought my Dinar 14 years ago and considered it money gone that very day. It makes the waiting bearable. But it's definitely not my retirement plan. I buy lotto tickets for that.  JK. 

I can respect your outlook and comments on this speculative investment.   I respectfully hope your wrong though. 

Edited by cranman

Cranman :???  To make an "investment  " ,  then immediately write off as a loss without doing something about it is poor logic.  Way back I have made a few stock buys without enough research (bad tip )  But always got out with only a small loss. Since then I have learned the lesson.  Sometimes even with good research  risk levels rise and it was best to get out of the trade.

The lotto is not a sound retirement plan and I hope you are just "messing" with me again.

While I have your attention ,  HOW did you learn about the dinar "investment  in the first place ??  Where would the dollars come from?  Did you expect to go to a bank and walk away with a bundle !!!

• Downvote 1

Haha.  Yes, just messing with you about the lotto.  I heard about the possible revaluation of the Iraqi Dinar back in 2004 when I first got back from Iraq.  Others I was deployed with heard about it before we left Iraq and had bought currency in country.  I'm not sure where they got it or if it was even the new currency.   When  I said "I considered it money gone"  I meant that it was money I could live without should it not revalue.  If I really thought I was going to lose it all I would never have invested as much as I did.  At worst I'll break even if nothing happens as I bought it at $650 per million. That money I spent 14 years ago wouldn't have changed my life one way or the other.  I have been very fortunate to have had a good work ethic instilled in me, and people in my life to educate me, so that I always had a good paying job.  Which is a surprise since I barely graduated high school.  Girls, fishing and working damned near ruined me.  Haha

As far as what I expect, yeah, I expect to walk into a bank and convert my money.  Will it work that way?  I can't say.  I  suppose I look at it as that this may be one of the events that will go a direction that no one saw coming.  It will zig when it should have zagged.  I just think that there is just too much interest in this country and important people want to succeed.  What success is I don't know.  Could be just to be terrorist free and everyone getting along personally and economically.  Could just be cheaper oil and/ or the revaluation of the Dinar. 

Where will the dollars come from?  If I was smart enough to answer that correctly then this wouldn't be so speculative.  The 40 trillion dinar in circulation is a concern. BUT (that's a big but), I like to think there is a plan that economist have ready to put in place.  Something this big is not done quickly, haphazardly or  will be forecast in advance.   Sometimes the rich get rich by being lucky.  Sometimes it's being in the right place at the right time.

For now I will just keep working for myself.  No one will work harder for me than me.  I will make my own success and the dinar will be the icing on the cake.  Or not. Sometimes icing is over rated anyway.  LOL

Don't let this irritate you.  You sound like someone who plans, researches and thinks about their investments before taking the plunge.    I do invest in other items with planning and forethought.  Some of us just took a chance on this one.

• Upvote 1

Cranman.... TKS for the honest reply.  You are sitting on a small profit but as you say it is $ you didnt need and can take the risk.

There are many twists to come but in the end I do not think any US bank will ever take in IQD. IF they RD (loose 3 zeros) it will be a new currency code and that may be convertible  but the conversion will be neutral. The problem will be to convert from IQD to the new currency, somehow it will have to be thru Iraq !   

Iraq is a poor country in spite of the oil. Internal friction will continue to suppress any advancement to a modern democracy.  

BTW thank you for your service.

Rock 

• Downvote 1

It may happen that way.  Government formed and HCL implemented and nothing happens. The dinar stays the same or a LOP happens. Then at least I never have to think about it again.  I'll just continue to wonder what GWB meant when he said the war wouldn't cost us anything.  Lol

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, cranman said:

I'll just continue to wonder what GWB meant when he said the war wouldn't cost us anything.  Lol

Did he every actually say that?  Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz certainly said that Iraq would pay for its own reconstruction.  But, given that these guys also said the cost of the war was way less than it turned out to be why would one put any credence in their statements?.  I recall Rumsfeld in a news conference of some sort saying that he could not imagine that  the war would cost more than $50 Billion.    

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

On the subject of "fact checks", though a bit off topic since I can't post anywhere else.

I really took exception to Trump lying to our troops, to their faces.  (sorry about the formatting, I don't seem to have point size control..)

Here is an excerpt from his speech https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-troops-al-asad-air-base-al-anbar-province-iraq/  (bold mine)

We are always going to protect you.  And you just saw that because you just got one of the biggest pay raises you’ve ever received — unless you don’t want it.  (Applause.)  Does anybody here — is anybody here willing to give up the big pay raise you just got?  Raise your hands, please.  Ah, I don’t see too many hands.  Okay, don’t give it up.

It’s great.  You know what?  Nobody deserves it more.  You haven’t gotten one in more than 10 years — more than 10 yearsAnd we got you a big one.  I got you a big one.  I got you a big one.  (Applause.)

They had plenty of people that came up.  They said, “You know, we could make it smaller.  We could make it 3 percent.  We could make it 2 percent.  We could make it 4 percent.”  I said, “No.  Make it 10 percent.  Make it more than 10 percent.”  Because it’s been a long time.  It’s been more than 10 years.  It’s been more than 10 years.  That’s a long time.  And, you know, you really put yourselves out there, and you put your lives out there.  So congratulations.

The military get a pay raise every year.  Here is the list since 2007 from the pentagon https://militarypay.defense.gov/Pay/Basic-Pay/AnnualPayRaise/

1 January 2007: 2.2%
1 April 2007: 0.5%
1 January 2008: 3.5%
1 January 2009: 3.9%
1 January 2010: 3.4%
1 January 2011: 1.4%
1 January 2012: 1.6%
1 January 2013: 1.7%
1 January 2014: 1.0%
1 January 2015: 1.0%
1 January 2016: 1.3%
1 January 2017: 2.1%
1 January 2018: 2.4%

The 2019 pay increase is expected to be 2.6%, but since the budget is not yet approved that is not yet certain. 

Edited by EverCurious452
  • Downvote 2