Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Go Iraq

6ly410

7 minutes ago, navira said:

I'll be drinking champagne this independence day bro haha...cheers

Symposium
Type of conference

The words, 
symposium and raise the value of the Iraq dinar does sound good together.
In ancient Greece, the symposium (Greek: συμπόσιον symposion or symposio, from συμπίνειν sympinein, "to drink together") was a part of a banquet that took place after the meal, when drinking for pleasure was accompanied by music, dancing, recitals, or conversation.

Too many symposiums and not enough action.
Edited by jg1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I don’t know what to think of the story, other than to stay it was a dream. He readily admits to that. There was something he said in that video that he tipped his hand of who he is! So with that being said he has some credibility with me. I know we have like minded others on this forum that understands, our obligation is not to lie. If this was all made up and he knows it’s a lie why would he tie his self to that obligation, I must admit I seen people do stranger things though. Basically, I’m saying you only have one thing in your life and that is integrity. To me, mine is NOT FOR SALE, PERIOD! Hopefully his anit either. I don’t know who walkingstick is. He does and has vouched for his truthfulness. Bottom line is I’m giving him the benefit of doubt at this point! JMHO! Happy 4th Of July! Be careful if you are shooting fireworks! I m hopefully my grandkids don’t start a stampede out here on the ole Chisholm Trail!🤠

• Upvote 4

Kurdistan Region marks uptick in foreign business registration

By Rawa Abdulla 1 hour ago 
109Views
Kurdistan Region marks uptick in foreign business registration
People tour an Iranian trade exhibition in Erbil, Kurdistan Region, on June 15, 2019. Photo: Mohammed Shwani | Rudaw

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region – The number of foreign businesses registering in Erbil for 2019 has already surpassed the number that registered all of last year as the economic, political and security situation improves in the Kurdistan Region.

Better security following the Islamic State's defeat and less regulation caused the increase, according to one Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) official.

"Improvement of security and economic conditions in the Kurdistan Region, its stability and the reduction of bureaucratic measures in registering companies were the reasons why foreign companies turned to the Kurdistan Region again," KRG Department for Company Registration head Pishtiwan Warti told Rudaw this week.

Some 28 foreign companies registered in 2018 to conduct business in Erbil. In the first six months of 2019, 33 companies have already registered, Warti revealed. 

This brings the total of foreign companies registered in the entire Kurdistan Region 3,252, according to Department for Company Registration figures. A majority 2,371 of these companies are in the Kurdistan Region capital of Erbil. 

The Kurdistan Region is making a push to improve business ties with the outside world

On June 30, Turkish business delegates arrived in Erbil for a summit aimed at attracting new investors. Some business people in Kurdistan are optimistic that Turkish companies, which have long exported goods to Kurdistan, will instead consider opening factories in the Region.

"We will be encouraging traders who have been exporting their goods to Kurdistan to bring their factories to Kurdistan and invest from here," the president of the Kurdistan Association of Importation and Exportation, Gailan Haji Sahid, told Rudaw at the summit.

In April, Iranian, Saudi, Turkish and other companies came to Erbil for a KRG-sponsored oil and natural gas fair.

The largest number of companies hails from Turkey, which has 1,421 companies in the Kurdistan Region. Iran followed with 362. The rest of the companies come from Middle Eastern and Western countries with 181 from the United Arab Emirates, 178 from Lebanon, 156 from the UK, 141 from the US, 109 from Jordan, 87 from Germany, 63 from Italy and 42 from Romania. 

The Kurdistan Region faced a financial crisis that dragged on for years starting in 2014 amid a budget dispute with Baghdad and subsequent cuts, falling oil prices, and the war with the Islamic State (ISIS) and the influx of 1.8 million displaced Iraqis and Syrian refugees.

More than 60 percent of investment projects in education, health, roads and public services have resumed since stopping amid the crisis, however, according to the Kurdistan Investors' Union. 

The Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) is seeking better business ties abroad due to the improved security situation post the Islamic State (ISIS)'s defeat in Iraq and better relations with Baghdad. 

In late 2017, the federal government imposed an air and diplomatic embargo on the Kurdistan Region due to the Kurdistan independence referendum. Federal forces also retook the disputed territories from the Peshmerga at this time. 

Relations have improved under Iraqi Prime Minister Adil Abdul-Mahdi, however, who took office last year. In January, the Iraqi parliament passed budget measures to pay public sector employees in the Kurdistan Region. 

US business delegates believe now is an opportune time for American companies to invest in the Kurdistan Region and Iraq, even as the US maintains a security warning for its citizens looking to travel to Iraq amid tensions between with Iran.

"We think it is an opportune time for American companies to be looking to come in to invest and do business," VP of Middle East Affairs at the US Chamber of Commerce Steve Lutes told Rudaw in an interview this week.

Both Kurdish and foreign officials say there is room for improvement in the business sector in the Kurdistan Region and Iraq, however. Lutes expressed the banking sector needs to be updated. 

"Modernizing the banking system in Iraq is one of the most important things that we as the business community, as a business advocacy organization, should be focusing on," he said.

Aras Sheikh Raouf, from the KRG Ministry of Trade and Industry, also said the country needs a better banking system to attract investment across multiple sectors.

"In order to draw the attention of foreign companies to invest more in tourism, industrial and agricultural sectors, we should give privileges to them and have an active banking system," he told Rudaw this week.

• Upvote 5

Changing the value of the Iraqi dinar n reducing the dinars in circulation...n see what effect it will have on the market..this is what the article is really saying according to di....I had to ponder what he said...Iraq had been saying for years that they wanted to reduce the dinars in circulation to an amount where they are manageable. I believe what di said made sense to me. Cheers bros n dvers

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Bandit795 said:

Here is your artical, thanks.

ENERGIZING IRAQ'S FUTURE

Powering Iraq is the first major event of its kind focusing on the development and investment opportunities within Iraq’s Power and Electricity sectors. The conference, held in Baghdad, offers unique insight from high-level government officials and leading multinationals on the next step towards restoring and rebuilding Iraq’s power demands.

Powering Iraq, held under the Official Patronage of the Ministry of Electricity and the Government of Iraq, aims to tackle the key challenges facing the electricity sectors in the country. Years of conflict, damage and neglect have left the power and electricity sector in need of significant international investment and technical expertise. Recently the Government of Iraq has started to make significant progress in restoring power generation and licensing new projects within the country.

Powering Iraq is a landmark conference and exhibition where you will hear new projects first-hand and connect with government decision-makers directly. We hope you join us in Baghdad in July!

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Frank would have more of my respect if he didnt act like a crazy old man.

12 hours ago, navira said:

Oh my goodness...he is psycho 

8 hours ago, GregHi said:

Looney tunes!!

4 hours ago, Artitech said:

I don’t know what to think of the story, I don’t know who walkingstick is.

Frank Be Dimble

Frank Be Thick

Frank Fell On A WalkingStick ! :o 

Doctor, Funny, and Pictures: Jack was nimble,  was quick,  Jack  Jack "fell" on a candle stick  and his Doctor said  ou fe 35 Funny Pictures
:D  :D  :D 
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

I posted earlier about changing the value of the Iraqi dinar n reducing the amount of dinars in circulation and the effect this will have in the market.....well, here it is :The participants discussed the problem of changing the value of the Iraqi currency and the reduction of the Iraqi dinar and its impact on the Iraqi economy, ...cheers bros n dvers 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

7 hours ago, 6ly410 said:

US business delegates believe now is an opportune time for American companies to invest in the Kurdistan Region and Iraq, even as the US maintains a security warning for its citizens looking to travel to Iraq amid tensions between with Iran.

"We think it is an opportune time for American companies to be looking to come in to invest and do business," VP of Middle East Affairs at the US Chamber of Commerce Steve Lutes told Rudaw in an interview this week.

LOOKIN' GOOD!!!

:backflip:   :backflip:   :backflip:

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, Miamiheatnic said:

Has trump given his announcement yet? 

He’s Invading Canada With Beer Trucks - And Then Putting Davis In Charge ! :o 

Giant Beer Can On Truck Funny Picture

:D  :D  :D 

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1

I listened to the speech, too.

Some comments of interest:

• We are going back to the Moon (YYYEEEAAAHHH!!!)
  • We are going to Mars (YYYEEEAAAHHH!!!)
  • Space Force. YEP!!!

I REALLY liked the tribute to the Armed Forces. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!! :salute:   :salute:   :salute:   :salute:   :salute:

I wonder what flag and hymn the Space Force will have???!!!

The Battle Hymn Of The Republic WAS artful played and sang:

Mine eyes hath seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword;
His truth is marching on.

Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! His truth is marching on.

I have seen Him in the watch fires of a hundred circling camps
They have builded Him an altar in the evening dews and damps;
I can read His righteous sentence by the dim and flaring lamps;
His day is marching on.

I have read a fiery Gospel writ in burnished rows of steel;
“As ye deal with My contemners, so with you My grace shall deal”;
Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with His heel,
Since God is marching on.

He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat;
He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment seat;
Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him! be jubilant, my feet;
Our God is marching on.

In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,
With a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me:
As He died to make men holy, let us die to make men free;
While God is marching on.

He is coming like the glory of the morning on the wave,
He is wisdom to the mighty, He is honor to the brave;
So the world shall be His footstool, and the soul of wrong His slave,
Our God is marching on.

Go MAGA!!!

Go True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump!!!

Go True The United States Of America Patriots!!!

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 10

Sorry guess this was already posted

Deposit of Intermediary Companies

To / All Authorized Banks (Deposit of brokerage companies to enter the window of sale and purchase of foreign currency)

We affirm our pledge No. (190/5/9) in 2019/5/12 to the necessity of only one deposit a week by companies mediating the sale and purchase of foreign currencies for the purpose of buying the dollar from the window of buying and selling foreign currency
Edited by pokerplayer
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7