Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Go Iraq

6ly410

LINK

The World Bank calls for making Iraq a global hub for telecommunications and the Internet

15922.jpg

27th June, 2019

The Middle East countries have an opportunity to build a digital economy that transforms them into a commercial service center and advanced connectivity and communication activities, a report by the World Bank said on Thursday, calling for the importance of making Iraq a hub for international connectivity in the broadband and telecommunications markets

"The region needs to invest $ 4 to $ 5.2 billion to enable 30 percent of the population to have high-speed broadband access," the bank said in a report entitled "Mashreq 2.0: Digital Transformation for Total Growth and Job Creation" Fiber Optic Technology

"The delivery of Internet to more than 13 million families in Lebanon, Jordan, Syria and Iraq needs to integrate the broadband networks in the region, including basic, terrestrial and marine networks," the report said

"Jordan and Lebanon are pioneering examples of fixed and mobile broadband services in the region, while Syria is experiencing challenges because networks are affected by existing conflicts," the report said

He added that "Syria and Iraq need to remove barriers to operators in the market and stimulate the markets of telecommunications and broadband Internet, and despite the existence of a broad infrastructure of regional networks and basic, but not exploited optimally because of war and instability, as well as the dominance of state-owned enterprises The report said that Internet exchange points and data centers are less developed in the region. There is only one data exchange center in Beirut, while there is no center in IraqSyria or Jordan

In Iraq, the report called for the removal of restrictions on private operators to build, own and operate fiber-optic infrastructure, to allow companies to reach the end-user, and to introduce telecommunications legislation that promotes competition and private sector participation, International broadband services market

The report recommended to the Lebanese authorities the need to develop a unified vision for the ICT sector, improve financial transparency of the sector, introduce competition through a common legal framework, study the structure of the broadband sector and grant licenses for the fifth generation

The World Bank called on Jordan to prepare a draft study on the fifth generation networks and grant frequencies to operators, and apply the next generation of public-private partnership, strengthen the regulatory framework and review fees and taxes to stimulate investment and ensure appropriate regulatory control

The infrastructure of broadband telecommunications services is helping to boost economic growth, as increasing the penetration rate of broadband services by 10 percent leads to an additional 1.4 percent increase in GDP

##########################

LINK

The World Bank calls for making Iraq a global hub for telecommunications and the Internet

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

LINK

Iraq seeks to export oil across three lines and targets an increase of 2 million b / d

img-2019_03_18_18_42_21-4665.jpeg

27th June, 2019

The Deputy Prime Minister for Energy and Oil Minister Thamer Al-Ghadhban announced on Thursday his country's intention to export oil through three lines represented in the Arabian Gulf, the port of Aqaba in Jordan and the Turkish port of Ceyhan, stressing the need to raise production to 2 million barrels of crude oil Present.

"Iraq needs to increase production of crude oil by an average of two million barrels per day," Ghadhban told a conference on the future of oil in Iraq in London.

"Iraq must have three oil export lines across the Persian Gulf, Jordan and Turkey," he said, adding that "Iraq is seeking to increase the export of oil across the Gulf level of 6 million b/d."

"We have an oil pipeline in a modern district with an export capacity of 2 million bpd," Ghadhban said. "Currently, we are trying to export 1 million bpd from that pipeline."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

So my crystal got it wrong for today... bummer I know. Have we any information as to when a new name will be submitted and a vote taken? I haven't seen any definite date set. Or are they just not gonna bother? I know technically they can't do that but, this is Iraq... the country that does many things backwards.

Edited by BETTYBOOP
  • Haha 1

Just thinking out loud.... so the new CBI Governors passed in parliament.... do you think he will wait for a fully  seated government? Does anybody still think it will go over this weekend coming. Sadly, I am having my doubts. My crystal is still saying yes but my gut instinct says different.

Edited by BETTYBOOP
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, gregp said:
Ali Allawi
Ali-allawi-2008.jpg
Ali Allawi in 2008

Minister of Finance
In office
6 April 2005 – May 2006
President Jalal Talabani
Prime Minister  Ibrahim al-Jaafari
Preceded by Adil Abdul-Mahdi
Succeeded by Baqir Jabr al-Zubeidi
Minister of Defence
In office
April 2004 – June 2004
President Ghazi Mashal
Prime Minister Ayad Allawi
Succeeded by Hazim al-Shaalan
Minister of Trade
In office
September 2003 – June 2004
Preceded by Coalition Provisional Authority
Succeeded by Adil Abdul-Mahdi
Personal details
Born 1947 (age 71–72)
BaghdadKingdom of Iraq
Relations Ahmed Chalabi (uncle)
Alma mater Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Harvard University
Website aliallawi.com

Too Bad U Can’t Pan Back The Shot To See If The New Nominee Is Taking Bribes Under The Table ! :o 

Ali-allawi-2008.jpg 

Ali Allawi in 2008

:D  :D  :D 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, BETTYBOOP said:

So my crystal got it wrong for today... bummer I know. Have we any information as to when a new name will be submitted and a vote taken? I haven't seen any definite date set. Or are they just not gonna bother? I know technically they can't do that but, this is Iraq... the country that does many things backwards.

Weren’t they given a deadline of 10 days to get the ministers seated? .. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BETTYBOOP said:

Yes they were. So is the 10 day up? And, if so what next

What next?? That’s a loaded question when it comes to the workings of the Iraqi Government. Logic to me if I had a say in the workings of their political and financial matters would be to take a very Active approach to all things relating to being financially independent so that Iraq could be a strong player and compete with world  economies for their market share and so that their citizens had the same buying power  to compete as well.. But as you said This Is Iraq..

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Bettyboop, the ministry of edu was rejected today in today's vote but voted to exempt the first ministry of edu...also, the new CBI governor has not been voted yet and the special grades are scheduled this sat...n hopefully the CBI governor is included in that agenda. As far as I know we have a completed cabs...we wait to see what sat entails... cheers

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, NoviceInvestor said:

What next?? That’s a loaded question when it comes to the workings of the Iraqi Government. Logic to me if I had a say in the workings of their political and financial matters would be to take a very Active approach to all things relating to being financially independent so that Iraq could be a strong player and compete with world  economies for their market share and so that their citizens had the same buying power  to compete as well.. But as you said This Is Iraq..

@Noviceinvestor that would be the sensible thing to do.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, navira said:

Bettyboop, the ministry of edu was rejected today in today's vote but voted to exempt the first ministry of edu...also, the new CBI governor has not been voted yet and the special grades are scheduled this sat...n hopefully the CBI governor is included in that agenda. As far as I know we have a completed cabs...we wait to see what sat entails... cheers

Cheers.. but what does except mean in their terms? Does that mean they do not intend or need to fill that seat? Confused.com

Edited by BETTYBOOP
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

Too Bad U Can’t Pan Back The Shot To See If The New Nominee Is Taking Bribes Under The Table ! :o 

Ali-allawi-2008.jpg 

Ali Allawi in 2008

Monica LaWhiskey, got paid under the table. :eyebrows:

• Haha 4

The vote for edu is scheduled next week but as of this time, the ministry of edu is not as important as the rest of the cabs that were voted last Monday of this week. So we have to wait and see this sat when they vote on the special grades....for me, I would still go with what ur crystal says....cause I think it is still on target at this point. Cheers

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, navira said:

The vote for edu is scheduled next week but as of this time, the ministry of edu is not as important as the rest of the cabs that were voted last Monday of this week. So we have to wait and see this sat when they vote on the special grades....for me, I would still go with what ur crystal says....cause I think it is still on target at this point. Cheers

many thanks.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, navira said:

Your posts are positive and uplifting  always but without being the Debbie Downer of the day I think that we will still be on this train journey heading into July and beyond ... We are watching Apathy at its best in the workings of the Iraqi Parliament.. JMO 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, NoviceInvestor said:

Your posts are positive and uplifting  always but without being the Debbie Downer of the day I think that we will still be on this train journey heading into July and beyond ... We are watching Apathy at its best in the workings of the Iraqi Parliament.. JMO 

Now a few pages ago you were all positive and this is a go. A few members jumped up and stood up for your credibility when it was questioned. Now you are doing the Classic Guru "Kicking the Can Down the Road" Move.

Karsten

• Upvote 1

DWitte

Animal

DWitte

1 hour ago, pokerplayer said:

Betty, I still have more faith in your crystal than 100 Gurus :)

I Have More Faith In Nurse Betty Than 100 Gurus On Crystal Meth ! :o 

elmo funny Hall of Fame meth muppet Sesame Street - 4842808832

Yo Snap - That Looks Like DWitte ... 

Edited by DinarThug
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

6ly410, with respect could you start a "go Iraq" part 2 thread ? That way we could stay current and not miss anything. While we have great news threads it is next to Impossible to find anything to reference too.

just my :twocents: worth

pp

Great idea..

• Thanks 1