Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Go Iraq

6ly410

47 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

Just saw his latest video.  He now says end of 

He seemed a little upset.  People made comments about his speculative statements not coming to fruition.  What did he expect? Just because the news is the most positive it has ever been, don't be surprised you get flamed when you say you have intel and say " follow the facts" and then nothing happens.  If he or anyone else is going  to post statements saying this and that and that the RV is happening this day or that day and it doesn't, well they better have a thick skin. Some peoples retirements depend on this.  

I just started watching his videos.  Seems like a nice guy but he is just speculating like us. I don't  think he has good intel.

Edited by cranman
  • Thanks 7
  • Upvote 2

Never give up hope dvers...I and iam sure bro will never give up hope as well...we will still be here unti we get the rv. We are all in this together. Lots of happening tomorrow...there's that historic visit by the UN in support to bolster Iraq to its international status. The vote on special grades including the new CBI governor....and of course, the last minister which is the minister of edu....so hang on dvers, I will give updates to where we stand by tomorrow. In the meantime, chilax n let us bros do the news and updates...Cheers dvers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8

thanks navira and Botz......at the very least.... this month looks like it

will happen.....Hopefully.....

Never lose the faith......thanks navira and Botz for all the updates...

Looking forward to tommorow's news navira.....Peace Bro.....

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, cranman said:

If it doesn't happen this month then for sure one of the following months! Haha!

navira, 6LY410, and Botz are pretty upbeat about are chances. It seems way different than the regular Guru spew we hear. If it does not " go " a least I was happy about our chances that's for sure.

pp

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I agree PP...with navira, Botz and 6ly....Plus Adam's positive updates....we are looking

great.....Hopefully late July...works for me.....

Never have I seen such positive news in all my years with this

investment....so let's see where the Road takes us......

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

navira, 6LY410, and Botz are pretty upbeat about are chances. It seems way different than the regular Guru spew we hear. If it does not " go " a least I was happy about our chances that's for sure.

pp

Im still happy with our chances. June isn't over yet.  That being said,  there  have been actual articles stating that the dinar exchange rate is, or the desire for it is,  going to go higher. That's what I'm hanging my hat on.  What the trigger is or what thd perfect conditions are for that to happen are unknown to all of us.

• Upvote 3

It may or may not be this month ? I do have a question . Have they extended this parlimentary session yet ? Because if it is not finalized for an extension . Then what they said on March 20th could still be a reality . Parliamentary move to raise the price of the dinar and maintain the stability of inflation  Wednesday 20 March 2019..."The Parliamentary Finance Committee is moving in CURRENT legislative session to develop mechanisms to change the monetary and monetary policies in the country in coordination with the Central Bank of Iraq aimed at raising the dinar exchange rate and maintaining the stability of inflation .......Unless that have extended the Parliamentary session 30 or 90 days . Which I have not heard yet . (perhaps they did extend it ?) The end of the current parliamentary session is June 30th ..... Sunday 

• Upvote 7

Iraq Fund named “Best Performing Emerging Mkt Hedge Fund

29th June 2019 in Investment

Hedge fund industry journal Alpha Week is reporting that in the month of May 2019 Northern Gulf Partners’ investment fund Iraq Investment Partners I (IIPI) was the world’s best performing emerging markets hedge fund according to data compiled by the BarclayHedge Global Hedge Fund database. IIPI increased 13.57% net of all fees during the month.
Portfolio manager Bartle Bull said:
IIPI is one of the few investment vehicles focused on the Iraq Stock Exchange (ISX). IIPI provides best-in-class access to the potential of Iraq’s growing economy and capital markets through a selective portfolio of Iraq’s best public companies, managed by one of Iraq’s most experienced investment teams

(Source: Northern Gulf Partners)

http://www.iraq-businessnews.c.....edge-fund/

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, blueskyline said:

The Parliamentary Finance Committee is moving in CURRENT legislative session to develop mechanisms to change the monetary and monetary policies in the country in coordination with the Central Bank of Iraq aimed at raising the dinar exchange rate 

This is where i'm camping...:rocking-chair: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, slb said:

Tlar was on DA and CC for awhile before they ran him off. Always liked hearing his take on things,

Before That He Was Here On DV For ‘5 Minutes’ Before He Got Banned Along With Kraperoni ! :lmao:

And For Those Of U In His ‘Special Little Group Where He Feels That He Can’t Be Criticized’ 

Be Sure To Ask This Drunk A$$ Totally Worthless And Absolutely Arrogant Pr!ck How ‘Rich’ He Got On Those Now Completely Worthless 50 Dinar Notes That He Tried Rubbing Everybody’s Noses In (read below) ! :o 

tlar

Member   Members   47 posts

Thank god my dinars are in 50's and 500's. I guess I'm the only one on dinarvets that will be rich.

:D  :D  :D 

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

Well I understand it was death threats that made him go underground.  

Not Back Then When He Was Here On DV Botz - He Never Went ‘Underground’ Until Years After ! ;) 

Also, That Little Piece Of Kraperoni Got Kicked Off Back Then By Trying To Recruit Members Here To Join His Now Barely Functioning Failure Of A Website Along With Okie And Kap’s Extremely Lesser Sidekick Tlar That Ur Now Trying To Defend ! :o 

Btw, I Consider U As One Of My Friends Here On DV (Seriously) ! B) 

And So Although It’s Been Awhile Since I’ve Posted Any Info On These Scummy Jackhole’s - I’m Glad That This Gave Me An Opportunity To Update Our ‘Brethren’ ! :lmao:

- CNN

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

LINK

A letter open to the Prime Minister of Iraq, his people and his economy first

15938.jpg

28th June, 2019 by Samir Nusairi

Peace, mercy and blessings of God

Two days ago, in the media and social media, there is a change in the leadership positions of the private agencies. On the basis of what is specified in Article 8 e in the Budget Law 2019 that the 2019/6/30 date for the termination of proxy positions for all the leading positions in the Iraqi government

I believe that the application of this article transparently and without prior political intentions means that the competent authorities in the government and in the House of Representatives reassess those who hold these positions by adopting important and fundamental criteria that begin first and foremost from a analytical and analytical view of the results of the work of the official in the post. And what he and his team was able to achieve from the national achievements and have a direct impact on achieving the central objectives of the previous and current government within the hubs of its government programs approved by the House of Representatives

In order to be clear and specific and direct and in the best interest of Iraq and its national economy. He called on Dr. Adel Abdul Mahdi, the Prime Minister of the distinguished. He is an economist who knows all the areas of success and failure in the Iraqi economy and who are the symbols of success who have achieved economic steadfastness and to take steady steps to achieve economic stability during the years Previous

What concerns us here is the role played by the Central Bank of Iraq and its achievements and bright pointsduring the lean years (2015-2019), in which Iraq suffered from economic and security shocks and was able to policies, procedures and wise applications of monetary policy to support the national economy and contribute directly to the economic steadfastness And decisive victory over terrorism because military victory can not be achieved without steadfastness and economic support

Therefore, through the review, analysis and evaluation neutrality and transparency of the Iraqi economic situation and in particular is achieved by the ministries and economic institutions in Iraq from a competent point of view has been reached facts and evidence and signals and achievements confirm that the Central Bank of Iraq proved to be the economic institution through its important achievements in supporting the economy National economic resilience and strive to accomplish economic stability, according to the main objectives of the strategy and sub-working side -by- side and fruitful cooperation with the special representative of the Iraqi Association of banks of the banking sector and this is what really achieved  as it contributed to the To achieve victory over terrorism and accompanied by another victory is the steadfastness and economic victory, which was the team of the Central Bank of Iraq a key role and leading in achieving

The most important of which is the support of the state treasury, the stability of the exchange rate, the recovery of the Iraqi dinar, the reduction of inflation and the maintenance of its share of less than (2%). And to maintain a 160% cash reserve as a cumulative accumulator in accordance with the latest IMF standard with gold reserves within an excellent record rate. The third is the Arab and the 37th globally, in addition to its adoption of standards and controls that comply with the requirements of international standards of compliance and Kavhh money laundering and terrorism financing and liquidation of up to 700 international Note registered on the Iraqi banking system and our exit from the area of monitoring and follow-up according to the Financial Action Task Force (FATF (and strict adherence to achieving basic goals And the activation and consolidation of new visions for the applications of monetary policy and the important thing that is achieved is the stability of the exchange rate and reduce the gap between the official price of the US dollar and the parallel price is a key objective of monetary policy and the implementation of the policy of re-trust banking transactions with Iraqi banks and Arab and foreign banks and seeking to build a solid banking sector and continuing To make extraordinary efforts to improve the banking reputation of international financial institutions and organizations and correspondent banks

And building strong relations with Arab and foreign central banks and international financial organizationsThe Security Council's invitation to the Governor of the Central Bank in his rare event to present the achievements in the field of combating money laundering and financing of terrorism. The procedural, regulatory

Which aims at achieving financial stability and developing the banking business technically, structurally and organizationally, and raising the percentage of financial coverage to the target percentage, where he prepared and laid the foundations of financial and technical appropriate to the reality of the Iraqi economy and banking mechanisms, which formed a solid base on the domestic and abroadAll these achievements have prompted the Arab bank governors to elect the Governor of the Central Bank as the current governor of the Arab Monetary Fund and as the chairman of their board in the next session, a vivid embodiment of Iraq's economy recovering from its crises and that is a tribute to the Iraqi people and its economic, financial and banking institutions

The Prime Minister is required to implement Article 58 in the budget of 2019 in accordance with transparency and respect for the principle of public service in the service of society and to be honored the achievement of national economic achievements and they are on the agency's site and install and motivate them to complete the triumphant march in the service of Iraq and its people and economy. With appreciation

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

LINK

Notes on the Public Debt Law in force

5d16bf3eda422.jpg

29th June, 2019 by Dr Haidar Hussein Al-Tohma

The Iraqi parliament voted at the end of last May on the new financial management law for 2019,despite the time spent by the Finance Committee in revising and amending this law, but the legislator law has many weaknesses and conflicts with the government program of the government of Adel Abdul Mahdi.

Here we do not want to delve into the weaknesses of the new law in the hope of discussing this in another article, but we focus on the negligence of the Financial Management Act 2019 legislator of a new law on public debt. It was hoped that the law would include provisions and provisions governing public debt levels and mechanisms to extinguish the accumulated debt in order to achieve financial sustainability in the country.

Due to the repeated borrowing from the accumulation of public debt rates steadily, leaving the premiums and benefits became exhausting the federal budget, as the payments of public debt (internal and external) the duty to repay more than (10) trillion dinars, as stated in Article (2) Of the federal budget law for this year, a difficult figure will inevitably be at the expense of the efforts of construction and reconstruction and economic development in Iraq. Currently, total public debt exceeds $ 130 billion ($ 41 billion in outstanding debt) and nearly $ 65 billion in external debt, and the remaining $ 36 billion in domestic debt estimated to reach 2018.

Article 52 of the new law provided for the repeal of the Financial Management and Public Debt Law issued under CPA Order No. 95 of 2004, with the exception of Appendix B of the Public Debt Law. Which means the continuation of the previous and effective public debt law.

Here are several observations:

1. The Finance Management Act (94) of 2004 gives the Minister of Finance considerable powers in public borrowing.

2. The law does not refer to the maximum ratios of public debt. The new financial management law also mentioned the maximum deficit ratio of 3% of GDP.

3 - Most of the details contained in the law are technical and have no economic or financial dimensions.

4 - There is no reference to external debt and mechanisms to deal with.

5. There is no reference to government debt from international institutions and mechanisms to deal with them (IMF and World Bank).

6 - There is no reference to the debts of the provinces and regions and the mechanism of payment, which is a problem between the Center and the region.

7. The law does not refer to the accumulated debt and the mechanisms for dealing with it, nor does it include a fund to pay the public debt.

In light of these observations, and many other technical details, a number of factors oblige the House of Representatives to accelerate the enactment of a new law to manage the public debt, perhaps the most important:

1. The fragile financial situation and the accumulated debts necessitate a review of the structure and content of the effective debt management law to ensure financial sustainability.

2 - There is no justification for the adoption of a new law of financial management devoid of the law of public debt, although the latter part of the first.

3 - The text of the fourth axis / first / paragraph (9) in the government program of Mr. Adel Abdul Mahdi (2018-2022) on the control of internal and external debt. This paragraph is one of the most important paragraphs of the axis of strengthening the economy because of its repercussions on the economic and financial situation in Iraq in the medium and long term, and stipulated: ((control of internal and external debt and prevent exceeding certain levels, and linking the internal debt and external investment projects and generated values and wealth and non-use For the consumer or operational purposes of the budget), while the new Financial Management Law did not include any reference to the achievement of the stated objective from near or far.

4. Article 20, paragraph 2, of the new Financial Management Act refers to the deposit of the financial surplus realized in a sovereign fund, which necessitates the establishment of a sovereign fund whose branch may be allocated to pay the accumulated public debt.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, navira said:

Thanks bro

Ur Welcome Bro’seph ! :o 

LINK

Rafidain launches a new meal of the predecessor of state employees

2019/6/29 9:03

Bank of Rafidain, Saturday, a new meal of the advance of employees of the State Departments, which ranged between 3 and 5 and 10 million dinars through the card MasterCard International.

The bank's information office said in a statement received by Al-Furat News that a new batch of State Department employees had been paid to more than 2,400 employees whose salaries had been settled at the bank and received the electronic card. 

The statement said that "the disbursement of this advance was through the customer's fingerprint and then notify the employee by sending him a text message informing him of the advance payment, after he completed all the legal procedures to grant it and disbursement through electronic payment tools, which was filled the financial balance to it."
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, DinarThug said:

Ur Welcome Bro’seph ! :o 

LINK

2019/6/29 9:03

Bank of Rafidain, Saturday, a new meal of the advance of employees of the State Departments, which ranged between 3 and 5 and 10 million dinars through the card MasterCard International.

The bank's information office said in a statement received by Al-Furat News that a new batch of State Department employees had been paid to more than 2,400 employees whose salaries had been settled at the bank and received the electronic card. 

The statement said that "the disbursement of this advance was through the customer's fingerprint and then notify the employee by sending him a text message informing him of the advance payment, after he completed all the legal procedures to grant it and disbursement through electronic payment tools, which was filled the financial balance to it."

Thanks ThugsBro!!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WheresmyRV? said:

What is article 58? 

Article 58.

(A)      The Iraqi Transitional Government, and especially the Iraqi Property Claims Commission and other relevant bodies, shall act expeditiously to take measures to remedy the injustice caused by the previous regime’s practices in altering the demographic character of certain regions, including Kirkuk, by deporting and expelling individuals from their places of residence, forcing migration in and out of the region, settling individuals alien to the region, depriving the inhabitants of work, and correcting nationality.  To remedy this injustice, the Iraqi Transitional Government shall take the following steps:

(1)        With regard to residents who were deported, expelled, or who emigrated; it shall, in accordance with the statute of the Iraqi Property Claims Commission and other measures within the law, within a reasonable period of time, restore the residents to their homes and property, or, where this is unfeasible, shall provide just compensation.

(2)        With regard to the individuals newly introduced to specific regions and territories, it shall act in accordance with Article 10 of the Iraqi Property Claims Commission statute to ensure that such individuals may be resettled, may receive compensation from the state, may receive new land from the state near their residence in the governorate from which they came, or may receive compensation for the cost of moving to such areas.

(3)        With regard to persons deprived of employment or other means of support in order to force migration out of their regions and territories, it shall promote new employment opportunities in the regions and territories.

(4)        With regard to nationality correction, it shall repeal all relevant decrees and shall permit affected persons the right to determine their own national identity and ethnic affiliation free from coercion and duress. 

(B)       The previous regime also manipulated and changed administrative boundaries for political ends.  The Presidency Council of the Iraqi Transitional Government shall make recommendations to the National Assembly on remedying these unjust changes in the permanent constitution.  In the event the Presidency Council is unable to agree unanimously on a set of recommendations, it shall unanimously appoint a neutral arbitrator to examine the issue and make recommendations.  In the event the Presidency Council is unable to agree on an arbitrator, it shall request the Secretary General of the United Nations to appoint a distinguished international person to be the arbitrator.

(C)       The permanent resolution of disputed territories, including Kirkuk, shall be deferred until after these measures are completed, a fair and transparent census has been conducted and the permanent constitution has been ratified   This resolution shall be consistent with the principle of justice, taking into account the will of the people of those territories.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DinarThug said:

Not Back Then When He Was Here On DV Botz - He Never Went ‘Underground’ Until Years After ! ;) 

Also, That Little Piece Of Kraperoni Got Kicked Off Back Then By Trying To Recruit Members Here To Join His Now Barely Functioning Failure Of A Website Along With Okie And Kap’s Extremely Lesser Sidekick Tlar That Ur Now Trying To Defend ! :o 

Btw, I Consider U As One Of My Friends Here On DV (Seriously) ! B) 

And So Although It’s Been Awhile Since I’ve Posted Any Info On These Scummy Jackhole’s - I’m Glad That This Gave Me An Opportunity To Update Our ‘Brethren’ ! :lmao:

- CNN

Thanks for the history lesson. Did not know that. 

• Haha 1

Some possibly related news. I COULD NOT believe THIS when I saw it:

Trump slams 'terrible' Jimmy Carter as 'forgotten president' after suggestion 2016 win was 'illegitimate'

Lukas Mikelionis

2 hrs ago

Trump slams 'terrible' Jimmy Carter as 'forgotten president' after suggestion 2016 win was 'illegitimate'

President Trump fired back at former President Jimmy Carter’s suggestion that he’s an illegitimate president, saying Carter is “the forgotten president” who’s not only “trashed” by his own party but also remembered only as being “terrible” for the country.

Trump addressed Carter's comments during a news conference Saturday following the G-20 summit in Japan, saying that although Carter is “a nice man, he was a terrible president,” before noting that “he’s a Democrat and it’s a typical talking point.”

He added that Carter is “loyal to the Democrats” but “as everybody now understands, I won not because of Russia, not because of anybody but myself.”

Carter said Friday at a Virginia forum that “I think a full investigation would show that Trump didn’t actually win the election in 2016.”

“He lost the election, and he was put into office because the Russians interfered on his behalf," he added. When asked if Trump was an “illegitimate president,” Carter responded saying “Basically, what I just said, which I can’t retract.”

Trump said during the news conference that he “campaigned better, smarter, hotter than Hillarious Clinton. I went to Wisconsin, I went to Michigan the night of the vote.”

"I won Michigan, I won Wisconsin, I won Pennsylvania, I won states that traditionally haven’t been won by Republicans for many years,” he continued. “This had nothing to do with anybody but the fact that I worked harder and much smarter than Hillarious Clinton did.”

The president added that he was “surprised” Carter made such comments but he also “felt bad” for him as he’s been attacked even by his own party.

“He’s been trashed within his own party, he’s been badly trashed. I felt bad for him because you look over the years, his party has virtually … he’s like the forgotten president,” Trump said. “And I understand why they say that.”

“He was not a good president. Looked at what happened with Iran — that was a disaster. What Iran did to him, they tied him in knots. The reason Ronald Reagan probably became president.”

The 94-year-old Carter recently returned to public activities after undergoing surgery for a broken hip.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-slams-terrible-jimmy-carter-as-forgotten-president-after-suggestion-2016-win-was-illegitimate/ar-AADByeb?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

The link has the video of Former Prez'dent Flimsy Carter's comments about the so called "illegitimacy" of The ACTUAL Election Of The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump.

Former Prez'dent Flimsy Carter.

:facepalm3:   :facepalm3:   :facepalm3:

Some takeaways for ME (NOTE: ME) from the article:

• Former Prez'dent Flimsy Carter is STILL a die hard FULL THROTTLE Democratic Party Stodgy Stool Pigeon.
  • THEE TIMING of THIS article in light of the G20 Summit, House led Democratic Party RABID INTENT on FORCING ILLEGITIMATE RUSSIAN COLLUSION IN THE 2016 Elections WITH The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump, North Korean Negotiations, Iran Negotiations, AG Barr Investigation(s), AND China Trade Negotiations is uncanny.
  • Bark Insane Obama MAY FINALLY be ACTUALLY identified AS NOT A BIRTH The United States Of America Citizen AND Bark Insane Obama's ENTIRE The United States Of America Presidency LIKEWISE BE DECLARED ILLEGITIMATE ALONG WITH HIS FALSE BIRTH CERTIFICATE. Bark Insane Obama AND his "man" "wife" WILL THEN BE DECLARED AND PROSECUTED AS TRAITORS!!!
  • The Former Prez'dent Flimsy Carter's inept/direct/complicit rocketing of the Insanians, to INCLUDE the Insanian IRGC, is ABOUT TO BE NEUTRALIZED FINANCIALLY AND OTHERWISE.
  • The Old, er, NEW Silk Road via the Belt AND Road Initiative is NIGH upon us WITH the workaround around Iran in place THAT meets THEE letter of the "agreement" between Former President Tricky AND Mousy Dung WHILE NOT ENTIRELY THE INTENT. In MY (NOTE: MY) opinion, the trade imbalance with China WAS DUE to the rogue The United States Of America Entities THWARTING the implementation of the "agreement" with ILLICIT Black Ops. China WANTS BOTH The Old, er, NEW Silk Road AND the Trade Imbalance ALONG WITH THE ACCUMULATED "privileges" ALONG THE WAY. The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump is RIGHTFULLY SAYING NO!!! AND FORCING THE Chinese Hand. China, of course, wants to FUTILELY "maintain" "workaround" "privileges".

Trump to allow U.S. firms to sell technology to Huawei and promises farmers they would win from new talks, in wide-ranging news conference

Damian Paletta, David Nakamura, Simon Denyer

3 hrs ago

OSAKA, Japan —President Trump on Saturday agreed to scale back restrictions on Chinese technology giant Huawei and delay new tariffs from going into effect against Chinese goods as part of an effort to restart trade talks with Chinese leader Xi Jinping.

The major concessions, which came on the sidelines of the Group of 20 summit, came after more than a month of acrimonious fighting between two of the world’s largest economies. Trump expressed hope that the measures would lead to a large trade deal with China, though major issues remain and it’s unclear whether a long-term detente is within reach.

In exchange, Trump said China had agreed to purchase large amounts of farm products from U.S. companies. But he offered no specifics and Chinese officials did not confirm that they had made this offer.

“We discussed a lot of things and we’re right back on track,” Trump said after he met with Xi. “We’ll see what happens. We had a really good meeting.”

Trump had Xi began negotiating a trade deal last December, but those talks faltered more than a month ago and Trump ratcheted up pressure on Beijing by slapping large tariffs on $200 billion in Chinese goods. When those talks were unraveling, the U.S. Commerce Department imposed severe restrictions on Huawei, making it nearly impossible for U.S. companies to do business with the firm. This enraged many Chinese leaders and further imperiled relations between both countries.

A number of Democrats and Republicans had cheered Trump’s crackdown against Huawei, but Trump said Saturday he had agreed to lift some of his new restrictions after discussing the matter with Xi. He said he would allow U.S. technology companies to sell their products to Huawei, something that had been banned under his recent action, and that he would be meeting with aides very soon about rolling back even more restrictions.

“We had a very, very good meeting with China, I would say probably even better than expected. And the negotiations are continuing.”

During a wide-ranging news conference, Trump was asked what he received in return. He said China had agreed to purchase large amount of U.S. farm products, but he has said this before numerous times and farmers have complained that those orders have never materialized.

“We are going to give them lists” of farm products to buy, Trump said. He said there would be “tens of billions of dollars” coming in, but offered no specifics of what he was referring to.

The meeting with Xi appeared to defrost, for now, the chilly relations between both countries. Trump said he and Xi dined together Friday and then met again for more than an hour on Saturday. The two hadn’t met since talks fell apart more than a month ago.

Their interaction was being watched closely by business groups, farmers and U.S. political leaders. Some feared a prolonged standoff between two of the world’s most powerful countries could damage the global economy.

Before the meeting, Trump had bemoaned how previous efforts to broker a trade deal had fallen apart, though he didn’t directly blame Xi.

During his news conference, Trump said his effort to rewrite trade rules, cut taxes and scale back regulations was helping the U.S. economy thrive. He said this contrasts sharply with the economic agenda of Democrats running for president, though Democrats have accused him of employing a reckless approach to trade that has made U.S. workers and consumers pay higher prices for his impulsive decisions.

Trump has accused China of a range of unfair trade practices, including the theft of intellectual property, unfair subsidies and currency ma­nipu­la­tion, among other things. Some of his allegations aren’t backed up by data, but a range of experts and U.S. political leaders have agreed that China has violated trade rules to win an advantage over U.S. companies.

The future of these talks could have major economic consequences for both countries, and political consequences for Trump. The U.S. president has already had to dispatch more than $20 billion in payments to farmers to quell a rebellion from many who had alleged they were caught in the midst of the trade war.

Reading off a piece of paper when reporters were in the room, Xi was careful not to reveal his strategy in dealing with the U.S. leader.

“China and the United States both benefit from cooperation, and lose in a confrontation,” Xi said. “Cooperation and dialogue are better than friction and confrontation.”

Some White House officials had hoped the meeting would serve as a way to restart negotiations that had begun in earnest last year only to unravel more than a month ago when White House officials accused the Chinese of backtracking on some commitments. Chinese officials responded by saying they had not agreed to the things the White House officials had alleged.

Xinhua News, a state-run entity, reported after Trump’s meeting with Xi that the U.S. would hold off on imposing new tariffs because talks had resumed. Trump had threatened to slap a 25 percent tariff on more than $300 billion in Chinese imports, but he had suggested he might delay these if talks restart.

A number of top White House officials sat in on the Saturday meeting, including U.S. Trade Representative Robert E. Lighthizer, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin and top trade adviser Peter Navarro.

Trump’s decision to temporarily postpone — it’s unclear for how long — any new tariffs against Chinese imports could offer short-term relief to hundreds of U.S. businesses, which have petitioned the White House to be exempted because they say there would be massive costs to their companies. The tariffs could have gone into effect within days if Trump didn’t order them halted.

Tariffs are a type of tax paid by companies that import products, and many firms have asked the Commerce Department to be exempted from new tariffs because they say they can’t import the products from elsewhere. Trump has said this hard-line tactic with China is the only way to try to force the country to change its trade practices, and he has also said the billions of dollars in tariff revenue that the United States has reaped in the past year validates his approach.

It’s unclear where the talks might go. Both leaders have shown a willingness to let the fight drag on for much longer, though Trump could face political pressure to wrap up the standoff soon, given concerns about the strength of the U.S. economy and his reelection bid next year.

Trump imposed tariffs on numerous Chinese goods last year, and these penalties grabbed the attention of Xi and others. During the G-20 summit in Argentina in December, Trump and Xi agreed to begin negotiations to resolve trade differences. While the two countries were negotiating, Trump agreed to hold off on further tariffs.

But talks broke down more than a month ago, and Trump swiftly moved to toughen tariffs and propose new ones. Trump’s existing tariffs on Chinese goods cover a range of business products, industrial equipment and many consumer goods. But his proposed tariffs would hit everything else, including many electronics and consumer products, and businesses have warned those costs would be passed along to U.S. consumers.

Trump last week said he was considering levying a 10 percent tariff on this final batch of products, which he estimated to cover more than $300 billion in goods. Trump has often threatened tariffs only to back down at the last minute, confusing business leaders as they try to plan investments.

Again and again during his presidency, Trump has turned to tariffs as a way to try to force other countries to cut a deal. He has called himself a “Tariff Man,” despite a long-standing GOP push to embrace free trade and reduce import and export barriers.

When the United States and China were negotiating the trade deal earlier this year, White House officials were focused on a 150-page document that they felt captured the necessary changes they wanted to see from the Chinese government to rebalance the economic relationship.

The document would have addressed China’s currency policy, its government support for private companies, its insistence that U.S. companies transfer technology to the Chinese, and the theft of intellectual property. The White House has also pushed China to stop dumping lower-cost products, such as steel and aluminum, on the world market in a way that depresses prices. And Trump wanted China to purchase many more U.S. products, particularly agriculture, to reduce what he views as a financial imbalance between the two nations.

Many Democrats and Republicans have agreed with Trump that China should change its behavior, but no U.S. leader has taken Trump’s approach before because of the complicated economic and security relationship between the two countries.

But Trump has used a much different strategy.

Just days after the China talks broke down earlier this year, the Commerce Department announced it was cracking down on Huawei in a way that could make it very hard to do business. White House officials said the crackdown was due to violations of U.S. law, but Trump has said publicly that he would be open to easing off the company as part of the trade talks.

Trump said Saturday that part of his decision to ease the restrictions on Huawei was his desire to help U.S. companies. He said he would be meeting soon with other government officials about scaling back his recent restrictions on Huawei even more, but he said no decisions had been made.

There are still several people in the White House, including Navarro, pushing Trump to drive a hard bargain with the Chinese.

Navarro walked past reporters after the meeting with Xi Saturday afternoon. He was asked how it went and did not answer, but gave a shrug with both hands.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-to-allow-us-firms-to-sell-technology-to-huawei-and-promises-farmers-they-would-win-from-new-talks-in-wide-ranging-news-conference/ar-AADBabu?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

Some takeaways for ME (NOTE: ME) from the article in addition to the ones above:

• The United States Of America Agricultural Trade Products To China vs. Relaxed The United States Of America Restrictions on Chinese Huawei as a "Good" "Will" "Gesture" to GET THE CHINESE OFF THEIR KEESTERS. Typically, the more technically advanced countries EXCHANGE agricultural products FOR high tech products. The True The United States Of America is FLIPPING THE SCRIPT ON THE CHINESE BECAUSE The United States Of America HAS THE BEST TECHNOLOGY AND THE CHINESE KNOW IT!!! :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:
  • Former Prez'dent Flimsy Carter REALLY SCREWED UP The United States Of America Agricultural Economy DURING HIS Prez'dentcy AND NOW IS FALSELY STATING The Presidency Of The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump AS ILLEGITIMATE TO ATTEMPT TO COVER HIS (Former Prez'dent Flimsy Carter's) INCOMPETENCY AND COUNTER The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump's NECESSARY ECONOMICALLY PROSPEROUS AGRICULTURAL DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL AGRICULTURAL POLICIES.
  • China is running out of "delay" "options" for The United States Of America AND China Trade Deal TO BE COMPLETED KINDA LIKE IRAN RUNNING OUT OF TIME ON THEIR ECONOMIC WOES. I believe THIS to be A MAJOR KEY.
  • Chinese Prez'dent Xi is NOT being fully blamed BECAUSE The United States Of America IS CLEANING HOUSE ON Rouge The United States Of America Entities CONFOUNDING THEE "agreement" between Former President Tricky AND Mousy Dung. I also believe MAJOR NEWS ON KEY INDICTMENTS TO BE FORTHCOMING AND AN INDICATION OF THEE "plan" PROGRESSING ON THE RIGHT PATH.

ALL in ALL, I suspect the "Big" "Announcement" OF THEE REASONABLE CONCLUSION of the Trade Deal BETWEEN The United States Of America AND China WILL SIGNAL The Old, er, New Silk Road IS ReEstablished AND Economic Prosperity WILL BURGEON QUICKLY FROM China To Great Britain AND Back AND ALL Along The Way!!! China WILL Benefit GREATLY SO WILL NOT NEED THE TRADE IMBALANCE WITH The United States Of America ANY LONGER!!!

When I first ASSESSED THIS Speculative Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Investment, I SAW Iraq AS KEY to ReStarting THEE Old Silk Road WITH TREMENDOUS ECONOMIC PROSPERITY WITH THE ReInsatement OF THEE Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar To POWER UP THE SYSTEM LIKIE ELI The ICE Man (:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:)!!!

:backflip:   :backflip:   :backflip:

In The Mean Time.............................................................................

The "Standard" "Disclaimer" Applies...............................................

AND (of course)................................................................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2