Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Halabousi and al-Amiri discuss the files of the vacant ministries and the acting state administration

Butifldrm

This is a perpetual “ Chinese Fire Drill “ .... drive 25 feet/stop/everyone piles out of the car, running, screaming, shouting & arms flailing as they circle around the car a few times and then get back in the car, driving another 25 feet repeating this idiocy !!!!! :facepalm:

We used to do this sort of thing in High School at a set of 🚦 traffic lights. When the light turned Green we’d do “ the drill “. We’d all get back it as the light turned yellow and speed away leaving those that had been behind us to sit thru the light a second time.

Life lessons that you’ll never recognize until something as stupid as what we’re witnessing in Iraq bears fruit.

On another note: we were real jerks 🤪

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

04-04-2019 10:02 AM
image.php?token=11b56b8d4db8adda259a9a9fddaa17c2&c=4193870&size=

Baghdad:

A source familiar with the matter said on Thursday that a new alliance would be formed after his success in obtaining the post of secretary general of the Council of Ministers, adding that Salloun would support Faleh al-Fayadh as deputy prime minister in exchange for the chairmanship of the parliamentary security and defense committee.

The source said in a statement to the "News", "The Alliance Suron stipulated on the Fatah alliance to obtain the presidency of the Security and Defense Committee in exchange for support of the Fatah candidate for the Ministry of the Interior, as well as support the nomination of Faleh Fayyad to the prime minister's office."

"Sooron is currently seeking non-ministerial but sovereign positions in order to continue the non-entry approach to the government," he said.

The source, who declined to be named, said that "the Fatah is ready to support MP Mohammad Reza of the alliance to take over the presidency of the Security and Defense Committee as a military officer in exchange for the opening of the internal portfolio."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Barzani's party accuses Fatah and Sultoun of taking over the jobs under the pretext of technocrats

Political | 07:37 - 04/04/2019

BAGHDAD - Mawazine News 
accused the leader of the Kurdistan Democratic Party Majid Shankali, on Thursday, the Fatah al-Fath and others seized the most important government positions under the pretext of technocrats. 
Shankali said in a tweet on Twitter and read the Mawazine News: "Their motto is reform and construction and renounce quotas and take over the most important positions, the Secretary-General of the Council of Ministers, Director of the Prime Minister's Office, except ministers who were nominated under the pretext of technocrats and they are followers of them." 
He added: "For the others and the opening I speak .. Kurds and Sunnis clearly demanded their electoral eligibility away from slogans and auctions."

• Upvote 2

Friday, April 5,

Here is the sixth month has come to reach the middle, while the government cab is still incomplete, and political differences continue to fluctuate between rapprochement once and dissonance again. The parliamentary blocs and their party authorities have not yet decided their candidates for the Interior, Defense and Justice, in addition to the education that the candidate withdrew after the parliamentary vote on it. 

Although the deputies in the construction coalition talked about new candidates for the interior instead of Faleh Fayadh rejected by the Alliance of Reform and Reconstruction led by Saron, but Fayadh to the moment is the official candidate, did not provide Prime Minister 
Adel Abdul Mahdi, any other name.

As well as with the Alliance reform and their candidate for defense, the conflict intensified until he reached the stage of talking about the matter in the backstage, and only media statements, as indicated by a coalition leader refused to be named. 

The Justice finally has become the most prominent node, rather than internal, especially after the tense relationship between the two main Kurdish parties after the elections , the results of the province of Kurdistan and the 
Kurdistan Democratic Partyto form away from alliances National Union , as well as linking the position of the Ministry of Justice waiving the Union for the post of governor of Kirkuk And other positions in the KRG, which have not yet been formed as a result of this dispute between the Kurdish forces.

In the meantime, parliamentarians talk about the possibility of passing the candidates of the interior and defense and education, immediately after the introduction of new names Abdul Mahdi, while the postponement of the vote on the candidate justice until the resolution of the Kurdish-Kurdish dispute. 

• Upvote 1

Friday, April 5,

Search Bigger

Alsumaria News / Baghdad
The MP of the Fatah alliance, Mohamed Karim al-Baldawi, on Friday, that the names put forward for the defense and internal archives have a great consensus and can be passed easily, while pointing out that the main reason for not put names in the parliament is the desire of the Prime Minister to display the names of all Candidates of the remaining ministries and vote in one session. 

Al-Baldawi said in an interview with Alsumaria News that "the government cab is living in a state of ripple between the tide and the frequency we find a breakthrough in the ministries offset by the spasm of other ministries and other times get the opposite," noting that "the previous period was the dilemma confined to the Ministries of Defense and Interior offset flexibility in the Ministry of Justice but the scene Today has been reversed. "

Al-Baldawi added that "the file of the Ministries of Defense and Interior has been resolved almost completely through dialogues, negotiations and names that were raised and we believe that it is possible today pass the candidates of the defense and the Interior easily through the names of the proposals and which have a new history and acceptability of most political forces and the sons of security institutions" "Pointing out that" the dilemma today is based on the justice portfolio candidate due to the difficulty of dialogues and conflicts on the Kurdistan regional government between the Kurdistan Democratic Unionist. " 

Baldawi said that "the delay in putting names to vote in the sessions of the parliament is because of the failure to resolve the justice portfolio because the Prime Minister wants to put all the ministries and vote in one session."

The member of the Committee on Security and Defense parliamentary Badr Zeyadi said, in (March 31, 2019), that the political blocs decided the names of candidates to the four remaining ministries were actually sent names to the Prime Minister, while referring to the names of five candidates for each of the Ministries of Interior and Defense pending the selection The most appropriate of them before him and send himan official letter to parliament for a vote.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Friday، 05 April 2019 10:42 PM

After six months, Abd al-Mahdi fails to complete his cabinet

parl't

Voting on the candidates for the remaining ministries in Adil Abd al-Mahdi's government will not take place in the parliamentary session set to take place on Wednesday, according to the session's agenda.

The parliament will address different topics during the session.

The parliament, according to Wednesday's agenda, will consider the submitted appeals on the validity of the membership of someparliament members, as well as the first reading a draft law to amend the national presses law No. 5 for 1999.

The table also includes the first reading of the mineral investment draft law, and the first reading of the draft law amending the law of social welfare No. 126 for 1980.

On October 24, Abd al-Mahdi managed to get the parliamentary approval on 14 out of 22 ministries. However disagreement between political blocs especially on security ministries have thwarted Abd al-Mahdi's efforts to complete the cabinet in a short time.

https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/Story/38076/After-six-months-Abd-al-Mahdi-fails-to-complete-his-cabinet

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

What needs to happen to these crooks is that no salaries will be paid to anyone until the entire government is formed. 

Nearly a year after the elections an still not a complete government, I agree this could be the worst bunch of theives Iraq has ever had. 

Hold back the salaries an they would have a fully formed government within the first week...

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Sorry for my last post. I’m just really frustrated.  I read the same garbage year after year after year

no worries pitch, you just have to keep your expectations bar set on the bottom rung at all times following this fiasco , imo their election was janked up from the start i never really " got it " .... sadr won but couldn't be PM but tried to steer the process then he just kind of fell off the radar then all the recounts , burning of ballots and whatever else one wants to add to rig it they tried its as if the main positions are not filled by iranian sympathisers no positions will be filled its lunacy x100 but like i suggest keep the expectations on rock bottom and it sorta becomes bearable 🤣 🤣🤣 All the best :tiphat:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I recognize the Bicraqi Iraqi GOI, among other Bicraqi Iraqi functions, is/are extremely dysfunctional at best.

I am not sure about the "cohesiveness" of the Bicraqi Iraqi prior to Saddam Hussein whereas I suspect legacy Ottoman Empire, World War I, World War II, legacy Silk Road, and modern economic interests in Iraq have "shaped" a semi cultural nomadic lot of tribal and otherwise inclined easily excitable on a variety of different issue folk.

So now enter the Bicraqi Iraqi democracy and foreign influences.

The Bicraqi Iraqi have both benefits and challenges being strategically located and enormous natural resource wealth beyond just the crude oil.

Likely, many entities are on the take whereas the rank and file Bicraqi Iraqi Citizen just wants a better life - without war - like other sane people.

Except, Heat AND Sand Season REALLY messes THEM up like NOTHING else.

So, the Bicraqi Iraqi as a whole are likely substantially without a cohesive understand of what a national norm is, what it looks like, and how to sustain it.

However, Iraq, with ALL the Bicraqi Iraqi, REALLY needs to be a Safe, Secure, Stable, AND Sovereign State for both Bicraqi Iraqi AND INTERNATIONAL reasons.

Enter the "opiate of prosperity" via Foreign Investment ALONG with the Safety, Security, Stability, AND Sovereign Iraq CAN OFFER the Bicraqi Iraqi whereas THEIR prosperous norm, should it be challenged, WILL BE neutralized at the source.

Some of THESE roots are taking ahold now although slow and tedious.

It is fabled Dr. Shabibi WAS going to ReInstate the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar back in 2012 or 2013 at a time, oddly, outside of the typically assessed "prime" "time" of the year.

The question I have is, "Are the conditions better or worse now than in 2012 or 2013 when Dr. Shabibi is fabled to have attempted to ReInstate the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Internationally?"

In my opinion, the conditions regarding Iraq have never been better now than ever before BY FAR noted here:

• Iraq by far is recognized as a Sovereign State by regional and international entities at capacities and frequencies never seen before as a new democratic entity with a distinct government.
  • Old Mr. Potato Head Nouri al-Maliki has never been weaker influentially than now especially with the Insanian Spanctions REALLY biting AND biting MUCH HARDER in the NEAR future.
  • Bark Insane Obama, Hilly, AND Scary John Kerry have all been defanged whereas THEIR liabilities are ratcheting through the legacy systems THAT NO LONGER have the influence and direction like the past.
  • Nauti Arabia, Scordan, AND the KoolAidis ALL have an interest in eradicating Insanian influences in Iraq. The Insanians ONLY destablize entities for THEIR end of destruction and control at the impoverishment level. A significant influence of the Insanians in Iraq THREATENS Nauti Arabia, Scordan, AND KoolAidi Sovereignty as a GROWING cancer.
  • Economically, the Insanians are EXCEPTIONALLY inferior to the Nauti Arabian, Scordanian, AND KoolAidis ESPECIALLY with THESE folks having FAVORABLE relationships with The United States Of America economically AND militarily.
  • Other.

I look at Iraq with ALL the Bicraqi Iraqi from the lens of Safety, Security, Stability, AND Sovereignty compared to the level of external influences and internal Sectarian Violence AND likelihood of Civil War. Should the Safety, Security, Stability, AND Sovereignty of Iraq outweigh the external influences and internal Sectarian Violence AND likelihood of Civil War significantly, I suspect the introduction of the "opiate of prosperity" will peg out the Safety, Security, Stability, AND Sovereignty of Iraq while simultaneously strongly forcing out external influences AND quell internal Sectarian Violence AND likelihood of Civil War.

The transitioning to a Bicraqi Iraqi "open economy" with a REAL TIME transacted Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar WILL ALWAYS have SOME ISSUES. NO doubt about it. The transitioning, to me, WILL be like "grinding" "some" "gears" instead of shifting ALL gears smoothly. THERE NEVER WILL BE AN OPTIMUM TIME WHERE EVERY CONDITION IS SATISFIED. The basic issue is whether the key and functional items can be maintained at an acceptable operating level while the other issues and conditions are acceptably rectified past entering the "open economy".

Here are a couple overall parameters to be met, in my opinion:

• Sufficient Safety, Security, Stability, AND Sovereignty of Iraq.
  • Absence of Sectarian Strife AND Civil War with the imminent threat thereof in Iraq and areas immediately surrounding Iraq.
  • Sustainable peaceable relations, especially economically, with other international entities.
  • Sufficient International Entity recognition and support for Iraq as an integrated economic and peaceable entity.
  • The "program" "rate" Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar JUST DOES NOT CUT IT representing the ACTUAL foreign and local investment potential in and for Iraq. The economic imbalances long term WILL NOT sustain Iraq AND the entities doing business with Iraq ESPECIALLY the economically potent AND stable foreign entities investing in Iraq. The Bicraqi Iraqi DINAR MUST GO REAL TIME INTERNATIONAL PRONTO TONTO for the reconstruction, construction, AND economic development to have ANY traction WHATSOEVER!!!

WHEN, pray tell, will ALL THIS come together???!!!

Iya dunno.

Maybe BABY I am JUST WAY, WAY off MY rocker AND YOU wasted YOUR time reading ALL THIS NONSENSE!!!

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

Sorry. eh?

Ah, ALL told, NOBODY knows IF, WHEN, OR HOW MUCH IF EVER. THIS is, NO doubt ABOUT IT, a Speculative Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Investment. WE ALL have our varied reasons for reasonably venturing into THIS Investment understanding the risks AND uncertainties with the MADNESS brought about at times with the LACK OF PROGRESS AND PAY OUT WE ALL ARE ANTICIPATING.

So........................................................

We Wait.

Hopefully, THIS was worth YOUR time reading.

Have A Great Weekend!!! :tiphat:

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So there you have it in a big nut shell. :)

Good evening Synopsis and DV  :D

9 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

I recognize the Bicraqi Iraqi GOI, among other Bicraqi Iraqi functions, is/are extremely dysfunctional at best.

I am not sure about the "cohesiveness" of the Bicraqi Iraqi prior to Saddam Hussein whereas I suspect legacy Ottoman Empire, World War I, World War II, legacy Silk Road, and modern economic interests in Iraq have "shaped" a semi cultural nomadic lot of tribal and otherwise inclined easily excitable on a variety of different issue folk.

So now enter the Bicraqi Iraqi democracy and foreign influences.

The Bicraqi Iraqi have both benefits and challenges being strategically located and enormous natural resource wealth beyond just the crude oil.

Likely, many entities are on the take whereas the rank and file Bicraqi Iraqi Citizen just wants a better life - without war - like other sane people.

Except, Heat AND Sand Season REALLY messes THEM up like NOTHING else.

So, the Bicraqi Iraqi as a whole are likely substantially without a cohesive understand of what a national norm is, what it looks like, and how to sustain it.

However, Iraq, with ALL the Bicraqi Iraqi, REALLY needs to be a Safe, Secure, Stable, AND Sovereign State for both Bicraqi Iraqi AND INTERNATIONAL reasons.

Enter the "opiate of prosperity" via Foreign Investment ALONG with the Safety, Security, Stability, AND Sovereign Iraq CAN OFFER the Bicraqi Iraqi whereas THEIR prosperous norm, should it be challenged, WILL BE neutralized at the source.

Some of THESE roots are taking ahold now although slow and tedious.

It is fabled Dr. Shabibi WAS going to ReInstate the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar back in 2012 or 2013 at a time, oddly, outside of the typically assessed "prime" "time" of the year.

The question I have is, "Are the conditions better or worse now than in 2012 or 2013 when Dr. Shabibi is fabled to have attempted to ReInstate the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Internationally?"

In my opinion, the conditions regarding Iraq have never been better now than ever before BY FAR noted here:

• Iraq by far is recognized as a Sovereign State by regional and international entities at capacities and frequencies never seen before as a new democratic entity with a distinct government.
  • Old Mr. Potato Head Nouri al-Maliki has never been weaker influentially than now especially with the Insanian Spanctions REALLY biting AND biting MUCH HARDER in the NEAR future.
  • Bark Insane Obama, Hilly, AND Scary John Kerry have all been defanged whereas THEIR liabilities are ratcheting through the legacy systems THAT NO LONGER have the influence and direction like the past.
  • Nauti Arabia, Scordan, AND the KoolAidis ALL have an interest in eradicating Insanian influences in Iraq. The Insanians ONLY destablize entities for THEIR end of destruction and control at the impoverishment level. A significant influence of the Insanians in Iraq THREATENS Nauti Arabia, Scordan, AND KoolAidi Sovereignty as a GROWING cancer.
  • Economically, the Insanians are EXCEPTIONALLY inferior to the Nauti Arabian, Scordanian, AND KoolAidis ESPECIALLY with THESE folks having FAVORABLE relationships with The United States Of America economically AND militarily.
  • Other.

I look at Iraq with ALL the Bicraqi Iraqi from the lens of Safety, Security, Stability, AND Sovereignty compared to the level of external influences and internal Sectarian Violence AND likelihood of Civil War. Should the Safety, Security, Stability, AND Sovereignty of Iraq outweigh the external influences and internal Sectarian Violence AND likelihood of Civil War significantly, I suspect the introduction of the "opiate of prosperity" will peg out the Safety, Security, Stability, AND Sovereignty of Iraq while simultaneously strongly forcing out external influences AND quell internal Sectarian Violence AND likelihood of Civil War.

The transitioning to a Bicraqi Iraqi "open economy" with a REAL TIME transacted Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar WILL ALWAYS have SOME ISSUES. NO doubt about it. The transitioning, to me, WILL be like "grinding" "some" "gears" instead of shifting ALL gears smoothly. THERE NEVER WILL BE AN OPTIMUM TIME WHERE EVERY CONDITION IS SATISFIED. The basic issue is whether the key and functional items can be maintained at an acceptable operating level while the other issues and conditions are acceptably rectified past entering the "open economy".

Here are a couple overall parameters to be met, in my opinion:

• Sufficient Safety, Security, Stability, AND Sovereignty of Iraq.
  • Absence of Sectarian Strife AND Civil War with the imminent threat thereof in Iraq and areas immediately surrounding Iraq.
  • Sustainable peaceable relations, especially economically, with other international entities.
  • Sufficient International Entity recognition and support system" rel="">support for Iraq as an integrated economic and peaceable entity.
  • The "program" "rate" Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar JUST DOES NOT CUT IT representing the ACTUAL foreign and local investment potential in and for Iraq. The economic imbalances long term WILL NOT sustain Iraq AND the entities doing business with Iraq ESPECIALLY the economically potent AND stable foreign entities investing in Iraq. The Bicraqi Iraqi DINAR MUST GO REAL TIME INTERNATIONAL PRONTO TONTO for the reconstruction, construction, AND economic development to have ANY traction WHATSOEVER!!!

WHEN, pray tell, will ALL THIS come together???!!!

Iya dunno.

Maybe BABY I am JUST WAY, WAY off MY rocker AND YOU wasted YOUR time reading ALL THIS NONSENSE!!!

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

Sorry. eh?

Ah, ALL told, NOBODY knows IF, WHEN, OR HOW MUCH IF EVER. THIS is, NO doubt ABOUT IT, a Speculative Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Investment. WE ALL have our varied reasons for reasonably venturing into THIS Investment understanding the risks AND uncertainties with the MADNESS brought about at times with the LACK OF PROGRESS AND PAY OUT WE ALL ARE ANTICIPATING.

So........................................................

We Wait.

Hopefully, THIS was worth YOUR time reading.

Have A Great Weekend!!! :tiphat:

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just a great big Shiite Sandwich ! 

So the IMF telling the CBI to get after changing the IQD rate of exchange was just more lip service ? 

All these " deals " being signed left, right & center probably has no real meaning until sometime in the future ? ( whenever that is ). 

Does the GOI gets serious - which seems doubtful ? Saudis pony up 1 Billion $$$$ for Iraq " reconstruction " - The Saudis don't toss that kinda $$$ unless they have a true bead on things . . . or were they just getting smoke blown up their arse by Iraqi Flim Flam men ?

All this trumpeting of great things to come. WB states Iraq economy to grow by nearly 3% in 2019. How does that happen at 1190 ?

If they're waiting for " Safe, Secure & Stable " what is the true meaning of that ? They could push this out for a decade. Wasn't it Halibusi just saying in the USA meetings things have never been more advantageous for investment ?

At what point does the call for a vote of no confidence in Mahdi/GOI come into play  . . .  thus throwing the entire process into a state of panic & crisis causing untold delays, endless meetings & chaos ? It does seem to be a cornerstone of their comfort zone. . . see last decade if you're in doubt.

. . . and just exactly how much of the news media in Iraq is controlled by Maliki and his mob ??????? Over there that is Ground Zero for " Spin."

This all nonsense and none of this adds up at all. I'll say it again . . . these nut jobs are a full blown " Chinese Fire Drill "  - whatever we've read over the years; one thing is certain - after 16 years of this, I ( WE ) know what screw heads these folks really are. 

The Soap Opera continues :twothumbs: - more Popcorn ! 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I feel that its been proven that they can move forward and continue to take money from other countries with no change in the value of the currency. The obviously have no problem blowing smoke up these countries asses. I'm amazed at how these countries are falling for this or is it as simple as they are just as corrupt. Everyone says they can't do business at the current rate. Looks like business as usual to me.

• Upvote 2

On 4/3/2019 at 4:19 PM, 10 YEARS LATER said:

We used to do this sort of thing in High School at a set of 🚦 traffic lights. When the light turned Green we’d do “ the drill “. We’d all get back it as the light turned yellow and speed away leaving those that had been behind us to sit thru the light a second time.

Good thing there wasn’t a lot of road rage back then! 😁😁

• Haha 3

06-04-2019 10:44 AM
image.php?token=fff56a9b164b04734b73ab511a540af5&c=7520866&size=

Baghdad / News

The deputy of the Fatah Alliance Haneen al-Qaddu, Saturday, the consensus of the coalition and others to open several candidates for the portfolio of the interior, noting that the Sunni component also settled his position on the portfolios of defense and education.

Al-Qaddo said in a statement to the "news" that "the Fatah al-Fath and others agreed on several names as candidates for the Interior Ministry and will be presented in the coming days to Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi."

He added that "the Sunni component also resolved its position on the candidates of defense and education after negotiations between the National and Axis alliances," noting that "next week will see the submission of names of candidates in the event of approval of the Prime Minister."

"The only current dispute is between the Kurdish components on the formation of the Kurdistan Regional Government and its reflection on the submission of a candidate of the Ministry of Justice."

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Halabousi and al-Amiri discuss the files of the vacant ministries and the acting state administration
  • Adam Montana locked this topic