Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Saudi Arabia recognizes the killing of Khashoggi and excludes senior officials from their posts

Turkey Didn't Give Any Audio Recordings Related to Khashoggi Case to US - FM

A poster of missing Saudi writer Jamal Khashoggi, on a barrier that blocks the road leading to the Saudi Arabia consulate in Istanbul.

© AP Photo / Emrah Gurel

WORLD

12:07 19.10.2018(updated 12:55 19.10.2018)Get short URL

Earlier, the US State Department denied that Mike Pompeo had heard audio or read a transcript related to the disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

CNN Turk cited Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu as saying that Ankara hadn't given any audio recordings related to the Khashoggi case to the United States.

"It is out of the question for Turkey to give any kind of audio tape to Pompeo or any other US official," said Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu, two days after meeting with US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo for talks in Ankara.

Cavusoglu also announced that Ankara had evidence and information obtained from the investigation into the disappearance of the Saudi journalist.

"We will share the results to emerge with the entire world. It is out of the question for us to share this or that information with any country," he said, quoted by the state-run Anadolu news agency.

Local media earlier reported that Ankara had an audio recording that proved the alleged murder of Khashoggi at the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul; the existence of the tape, however, has never been confirmed by Turkish officials.

State Dept Denies Claims Pompeo Heard Audio Related to Khashoggi Disappearance

Saudi Arabia has repeatedly rejected the allegations that the journalist could have been either abducted or murdered inside the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul and allowed Turkish police to search the building to investigate the disappearance once Turkish authorities voiced concern that Khashoggi could have been killed.

The reported comments came on the heels of the remarks by US State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert, who said that Mike Pompeo had neither heard audio or read a transcript related to the case.

"Secretary Pompeo has neither heard a tape nor has he seen a transcript related to Jamal Khashoggi’s disappearance," Nauert said in a press release on Thursday.

In a parallel development, Turkish daily Cumhuriyet and broadcaster NTV reported that investigators had searched a forest in Istanbul that is nearly 15 kilometers away from the Saudi Consulate, as part of the probe into the Khashoggi case.

According to NTV, the area became a target of the ongoing investigation after police concentrated on the vehicles that had left the consular premises on the day The Washington Post columnist went missing. At least one vehicle is alleged to have gone to the forest.

Last week, Turkish newspaper Sabahpublished alleged photos of a 15-member team, who had purportedly arrived in Instanbul from Riyadh on the day of Khashoggi's disappearance. The Saudi squad had ostensibly checked into two different hotels on October 2 and left the country later in the day.

READ MORE: Two Major US Museums Refuse to Use Saudi Funds Amid Khashoggi Case — Reports

Jamal Khashoggi was last seen entering the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul where he was supposed to obtain documents he needed to remarry; the Saudi authorities have insisted that he left the facility unharmed and disappeared later.

https://sputniknews.com/world/201810191069022743-khashoggi-turkey-saudi-arabia-journalist/

• Upvote 1

Turkey denies making any audio recordings of Khashoggi's death

1910201819364744337456_273756879935693_545012005329698816_n.jpg

Turkish Foreign Minister Mouloud Gauchoglu

8 hours ago

View

+ -

Digital Media NRT

Turkish Foreign Minister Mouloud Gawishoglu on Friday denied Ankara had made any sound recordings to the United States or any other party about the killing of journalist Jamal Khashvaji at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.

"Turkey has not made any sound recordings that document the killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi in his consulate in Istanbul, to Pompeo or any other US official," Gawishoglu said in a press statement during a visit to Albania on October 19, 2018. Reuters.

"We will announce the results of the investigations transparently to the whole world, we have not provided any information at all to any country."

On Thursday, ABC News quoted a senior Turkish official as saying that US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo listened to the recording during his visit to Ankara on Wednesday and that he had received a written text of the registration content.

In a related development, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo denied the tension and told reporters: "I have not heard of any registration and I have not seen any text."

The pro-government newspaper Yeni Shafak published what it said were details of an audio recording showing Khashoggi was tortured during his interrogation, which included amputating his fingers, then cutting off his head and tearing him apart.

The disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi since October 2 after entering his consulate in Istanbul and his supposed death triggered a worldwide wave of condemnation and led to tension between Saudi Arabia and the West.

http://www.nrttv.com/AR/News.aspx?id=5605&MapID=3

H

• Upvote 1

King Salman intervenes and restrains Crown Prince after Khashoggi's disappearance

19102018212155F916E9A8-EF74-4082-85F5-15193ED2D49F_cx0_cy9_cw0_w1023_r1_s.jpg

A copy of the archives of King Salman bin Abdulaziz and his son Mohammed

7 hours ago

+ -

Digital Media NRT

Sources confirmed the link to the royal family in Saudi Arabia, on Friday, the Saudi KingSalman bin Abdul Aziz during the past few days to confirm his powers and curb the authority of the Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, after growing Saudi journalist 's disappearance crisis Jamal Khashoggi in the consulate of his country in Istanbul , Turkey and the receipt ofreports about his death .  

The sources said on October 19, 2018, that the repercussions of the disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi was so great that King Salman felt the need to intervene in the matter .

King Salman sent his closest aide, Prince Khalid al-Faisal, the Emir of Mecca, to Istanbul in an attempt to defuse the crisis. During Prince Khaled's visit, Turkey and Saudi Arabia agreed to form a joint working group to investigate Khashoggi's disappearance. Based on the findings of the group.

"The choice of Khaled, a senior member of the family, has a high status as a personal adviser to the king and his right arm and has strong ties and friendship (with Turkish President Recep Tayyip) Erdoğan," said a Saudi source close to the government.

"King Salman has confirmed his authority in managing this issue since the meeting between Prince Khalid and Erdogan," said a Saudi businessman living abroad, but closely linked to the royal circles.

The King intervened in August to delay the implementation of the initial public offering plan of Saudi Aramco, the national oil company, which was drawn up by Prince Mohammed and is the cornerstone of his economic reforms.

It also intervened again. When Prince Mohammed gave the impression last year that Riyadh was endorsing the Trump management plan, which is still unclear to bring peace to the Middle East, including the American recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, the king came out to correct it publicly and affirms Riyadh's commitment to Arab and Islamic identity Of the city .

Since King Salman's ascension to the throne in January 2015, his son, Atheer, has given the young prince increasing powers to run the kingdom, but the five sources said the king's intervention reflects growing uneasiness among some members of the royal court over Prince Mohammed's eligibility for power.

H                   

http://www.nrttv.com/AR/News.aspx?id=5609&MapID=3

• Upvote 1

Jamal Khashoggi died in fight at Istanbul consulate, Saudi state TV claims

By Sarah Sirgany, Clarissa Ward and Salma Abdelaziz, CNN

Updated 8:45 PM ET, Fri October 19, 2018

(CNN)Saudi Arabia has confirmed the death of missing Saudi journalist and Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi, claiming he died in a fist fight at the country's consulate in Istanbul.

An announcement carried on Saudi state TV said discussions between Khashoggi and officials at the consulate quickly turned violent, and ended in his death. Five high-ranking officials have been removed from their posts, including the deputy head of the Saudi intelligence service, and 18 Saudis have been detained, state TV said.

The statement was the first official confirmation of Khashoggi's death in Turkey 18 days ago, and the first acknowledgment by Saudi Arabia of its role in it.

"The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia expresses deep regret at the painful developments that have taken place in this case and affirms the commitment of the authorities in the Kingdom to bring the facts to the attention of the public and to hold accountable all those involved," the statement said.

Khashoggi disappeared after going to the Saudi Arabian consulate in Istanbul at about 1:15 p.m. on October 2 to obtain paperwork to marry his Turkish fiancée, Hatice Cengiz. She raised the alarm just before 5 p.m, while she was still waiting outside.

According to the Saudis' explanation, discussions between Khashoggi and those who met him on his arrival at the consulate led to an argument and physical altercation. Those responsible then tried to cover up the death, state TV said.

The Saudis have set up a commission, led by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, that will restructure the Saudi general intelligence directorate and will have one month to release a report, state TV said The commission will consist of national security officials, the foreign ministry and the interior ministry.

Saudi Arabia has been under intense pressure since Khashoggi's disappearance. Turkish officials, mostly speaking privately, have released a steady stream of gory details about what happened to the journalist at the consulate. They said he was killed soon after he entered the embassy, and his body dismembered.

None of the Saudi statements give any clue as to what happened to Khashoggi's remains.

US officials have told CNN that the operation could not have been carried out without the knowledge of Prince bin Salman, Saudi Arabia's de facto ruler.

The apparent circumstances of Khashoggi's disappearance caused worldwide revulsion. Businesses pulled out of an investment conference due to be held in Saudi Arabia next week, and US President Donald Trump came under pressure to issue an unequivocal condemnation.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said in a statement, "The United States acknowledges the announcement from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia that its investigation into the fate of Jamal Khashoggi is progressing and that it has taken action against the suspects it has identified thus far."

"We will continue to closely follow the international investigations into this tragic incident and advocate for justice that is timely, transparent, and in accordance with all due process. We are saddened to hear confirmation of Mr. Khashoggi's death, and we offer our deepest condolences to his family, fiancée, and friends."

Members of Congress could put pressure on the White House to act. Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham said on Twitter, "To say that I am skeptical of the new Saudi narrative about Mr. Khashoggi is an understatement."

A spokesman for UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres said he was "deeply troubled" by the news.

"The Secretary-General stresses the need for a prompt, thorough and transparent investigation into the circumstances of Mr. Khashoggi's death and full accountability for those responsible," the spokesman said.

READ: Turkish officials raced to intercept Saudi plane after suspecting Jamal Khashoggi had been killed

In Saudi Arabia, all eyes will be on what happens next. In dispatching Maj. Gen. Ahmed al-Asiri, the deputy intelligence chief, Prince bin Salman has lost a key ally. Asiri is believed to have been chief architect of the war with Yemen, and was previously the Saudi-led coalition spokesman in the kingdom's war against Yemen's Houthi rebels.

The two-star general's position as spokesman made him a household name and he was soon part of the crown prince's inner circle.

According to several sources, he chose the team involved in Khashoggi's disappearance.

CNN's Hamdi Alkhshali contributed to this report  

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/19/world/saudi-arabia-khashoggi-intl/index.html

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

Edited by Butifldrm
  • Upvote 1

122445.jpg?width=750&&height=375

2018/10/20 01:13
  •  

Saudi Arabia recognizes the killing of Khashoggi and excludes senior officials from their posts

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's Attorney-General Saud bin Abdullah has announced that preliminary investigations into the disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi have revealed his death and 18 people have been arrested as part of the investigation. And the exemption of the adviser to the Royal Court Saud al-Qahtani from his post  

"Preliminary investigations conducted by the Public Prosecution on the disappearance of the citizen, Jamal bin Ahmad Khashoggi, showed that the discussions that took place between him and the persons who met him while he was in the consulate of the Kingdom in Istanbul," the admirer said in a statement issued by the official SPA news agency. Led to a quarrel and clashing hands with him, which led to his death. "

"The Public Prosecution confirms that its investigations into this case are continuing with the 18 detainees, all of whom are Saudi nationals, in preparation for reaching all facts and declaring all those involved in this case accountable and bringing them to justice."

Saudi Arabia faces widespread international criticism over the disappearance of Khashoggi, who has criticized the kingdom's policies in many areas after entering his consulate in Istanbul, Turkey on Oct. 2.

Earlier, Turkish and Saudi authorities offered conflicting accounts of Khashoggi's whereabouts, which no one has seen since entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. Ankara said he did not leave the building while Riyadh insisted he had left shortly after finishing work on his family condition.

Khashoggi was the editor-in-chief of the Saudi daily Al-Watan. He also served as adviser to Prince Turki al-Faisal, the former Saudi ambassador to Washington, but left the country after Prince Mohammed bin Salman was crown prince.

The Saudi journalist has been in the United States for more than a year and since then has written articles in the Washington Post criticizing Saudi policies toward Qatar and Canada, the war in Yemen and dealing with the media and activists.

On October 11, one of the closest advisers to the Saudi monarch, Prince of Mecca, Khaled al-Faisal, under the direction of King Salman, visited Turkey, during which Erdogan met, and the two sides agreed to form a joint task force to investigate Khashoggi's disappearance.

King Salman, who according to some media reports, decided to personally intervene to contain the crisis related to the fate of the Saudi journalist, the Attorney General of the Kingdom, launched an internal investigation based on the findings and conclusions of the Joint Task Force.

A number of Western countries and organizations, led by the United States, Britain and the European Union, called on Riyadh to reveal the fate of Khashoggi, while Arab countries expressed their solidarity with Saudi Arabia in the face of threats to impose sanctions if proven involvement in the disappearance of the journalist.

Agencies

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/153530/السعودية-تعترف-بمقتل-خاشقجي-وتعفي-مسؤولين-كبار-من-مناصبهم

• Upvote 1

122250.jpg?width=750&&height=375

2018/10/19 21:01
  • Number of readings 221
  • Section: Iraq
  •  

The UN is determined to hold perpetrators accountable for Khashoggi's disappearance

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - A spokesman for the UN secretary general said Friday (October 19, 2018) that Antonio Guterich wants to hold the culprits accountable for the disappearance of Jamal Khashoggi .

"Gutierrez wants to hold the culprits accountable for the disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, " UN spokesman Stephane Dujarric told reporters .

"Senior UN officials have been in contact with Riyadh over the issue of the Saudi journalist, whose effects disappeared after he entered his consulate in Istanbul a few days ago, " he said.

Follow the obelisk - agencies

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/153515/الأمم-المتحدة-مصرة-على-محاسبة-الجناة-في-قضية-اختفاء-خاشقجي

• Upvote 1

Like it or not Saudi  is one of the lesser of all the evils in the Middle East. The journalist is, was and will be expendable . Would y'all rather have Iran or Russia or China ??? Taking over our foothold on terrorists....I think not ! Sorry but the Middle East is  not easy on living....never has been never will be. That journalist while being heroic put his ass in harm's way ! There is no such thing as freedom of the press over there in the Middle East. If this ole Texas boy went over there and told them how F....... Up they are I probably wouldn't see tommorow....so think about that ! Life is as cheap as a cockroach on my front porch ! There's probably not a lot that we need to do just sayin !

Edited by Texstorm
Misp
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Muleslayer said:

I would be happy to elect a few “journalists” here to be your envoy to the house of Saud!

I am LMAO Muleslayer ! Guess what if I walked into 3rd or 5th ward here in Houston and stated you N......s ain't worth a shiiete ! Guess what I wouldn't make it home ! That's life ! If a journalist wants to play like he has the answer,  by all means speak your mind ! Just for the record I am racist in a sort of way, but my daughter is half El Salvadorian and my grandchild is half coonass. I love the both of them with all of my life. I do not believe in abortions ! Deal with it people ! 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Texstorm said:

I am LMAO Muleslayer ! Guess what if I walked into 3rd or 5th ward here in Houston and stated you N......s ain't worth a shiiete ! Guess what I wouldn't make it home ! That's life ! If a journalist wants to play like he has the answer,  by all means speak your mind ! Just for the record I am racist in a sort of way, but my daughter is half El Salvadorian and my grandchild is half coonass. I love the both of them with all of my life. I do not believe in abortions ! Deal with it people ! 

You despicable slug!

You are officially invited to my campfire!

If that means Shiite to you!

lol!

P.S.

There is a cover charge.

lead

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Muleslayer said:

You despicable slug!

You are officially invited to my campfire!

If that means Shiite to you!

lol!

P.S.

There is a cover charge.

lead

Funny story I just remembered ! About 30 yrs ago down on the Guadalupe river and a blazing campfire. It was 22 Degrees and snowing.....we were drinking of course but you couldn't shake the cold off your back . About 11 pm this damn pitbull wandered in a was stricken by the cold no doubt and hungry. I fed him or her and called the damn dog into my tent....and my sleeping bag..... that was the only way I probably would had made it that night with minimal gear. We parted ways in the morning but that damn dog probably saved my life. The moral of this story is ......not all dogs bite ! LOL

• Thanks 2

122445.jpg?width=750&&height=375

2018/10/20 01:13
  • Number of readings 2389
  • Section: Iraq
  •  

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia's Attorney-General Saud bin Abdullah has announced that preliminary investigations into the disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi have revealed his death and 18 people have been arrested as part of the investigation. And the exemption of the adviser to the Royal Court Saud al-Qahtani from his post  

"Preliminary investigations conducted by the Public Prosecution on the disappearance of the citizen, Jamal bin Ahmad Khashoggi, showed that the discussions that took place between him and the persons who met him while he was in the consulate of the Kingdom in Istanbul," the admirer said in a statement issued by the official SPA news agency. Led to a quarrel and clashing hands with him, which led to his death. "

"The Public Prosecution confirms that its investigations into this case are continuing with the 18 detainees, all of whom are Saudi nationals, in preparation for reaching all facts and declaring all those involved in this case accountable and bringing them to justice."

Saudi Arabia faces widespread international criticism over the disappearance of Khashoggi, who has criticized the kingdom's policies in many areas after entering his consulate in Istanbul, Turkey on Oct. 2.

Earlier, Turkish and Saudi authorities offered conflicting accounts of Khashoggi's whereabouts, which no one has seen since entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. Ankara said he did not leave the building while Riyadh insisted he had left shortly after finishing work on his family condition.

Khashoggi was the editor-in-chief of the Saudi daily Al-Watan. He also served as adviser to Prince Turki al-Faisal, the former Saudi ambassador to Washington, but left the country after Prince Mohammed bin Salman was crown prince.

The Saudi journalist has been in the United States for more than a year and since then has written articles in the Washington Post criticizing Saudi policies toward Qatar and Canada, the war in Yemen and dealing with the media and activists.

On October 11, one of the closest advisers to the Saudi monarch, Prince of Mecca, Khaled al-Faisal, under the direction of King Salman, visited Turkey, during which Erdogan met, and the two sides agreed to form a joint task force to investigate Khashoggi's disappearance.

King Salman, who according to some media reports, decided to personally intervene to contain the crisis related to the fate of the Saudi journalist, the Attorney General of the Kingdom, launched an internal investigation based on the findings and conclusions of the Joint Task Force.

A number of Western countries and organizations, led by the United States, Britain and the European Union, called on Riyadh to reveal the fate of Khashoggi, while Arab countries expressed their solidarity with Saudi Arabia in the face of threats to impose sanctions if proven involvement in the disappearance of the journalist.

Agencies

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/153530/السعودية-تعترف-بمقتل-خاشقجي-وتعفي-مسؤولين-كبار-من-مناصبهم

• Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Turkey Identifies 5 Suspects in Probe of Saudi Journalist’s Fate -
20-10-2018 03:07 PM

image.php?token=576dc897bafe608945e2d9ab441115a2&size=

Follow-up / News:

In the last few hours, Saudi Arabia has been divided after the official announcement of the death of prominent Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi at the headquarters of the Riyadh consulate in Istanbul .  

Riyadh's acknowledgment of Khashoggi's death inside her consulate in Istanbul had to be a Saudi official account explaining exactly what had happened there .  

The Saudi official account of the incident did not come to light at once, but it emerged on parts that could be assembled to get a full picture of that novel .  

The story appeared at 12: 52 minutes after midnight on Friday 19 October, Riyadh time, when the Saudi official news agency reported that "preliminary investigations conducted by the Public Prosecution on the disappearance of the citizen Jamal bin Ahmed Khashoggi showed that the discussions that took place between him And the people who met him while he was in the Consulate of the Kingdom in Istanbul led to a quarrel and clashing hands with Khashoggi, which led to his death '.  

"The Saudi Public Prosecution has confirmed that its investigations into this case are continuing with the 'detainees' of the case, which so far number 18 people, all of whom are Saudi nationals, in preparation for reaching all the facts and announcing them and holding all those involved in this case accountable and bringing them to justice. '.  

Minutes before the official Saudi Press Agency broadcast another news at one and two am, says that preliminary investigations conducted by the Public Prosecution showed that the suspect to go to Istanbul to meet Khashoggi and the emergence of indications of the possibility of returning to the country .

The 'SPA ' continued:

The results of the preliminary investigations revealed that the discussions that took place with Khashoggi during his presence in the Consulate of the Kingdom in Istanbul by the suspects did not go well and developed in a negative that led to a 'quarrel and clashing hands' between them and Khashoggi, and aggravated the matter, which led to his death. And trying to conceal what happened and coverage on it .

"The Saudi authorities are committed to highlighting the facts to the public opinion, and to hold all those involved accountable and bring them to justice by referring them to the competent courts in Saudi Arabia .

Picture of the Consulate of Saudi Arabia from a skyscraper in the Levant area in Istanbul

Picture of the Consulate of Saudi Arabia from a skyscraper in the Levant area in Istanbul

Five minutes later, at 1:00 pm, the Saudi official news agency announced that King Salman bin Abdul Aziz 'directed the formation of a ministerial committee headed by the Crown Prince to restructure the presidency of the General Intelligence and modernize its system and regulations and determine its powers accurately, Crown Prince in the picture despite the suspicions and accusations that took place in this case, and confirmation of King Salman's adherence to it .

According to Prince Salman bin Salman, the Crown Prince, the need to restructure the General Intelligence Directorate, modernize its rules and regulations, define its powers, assess the procedures, methods and powers governing its work, and the administrative and hierarchical sequence to ensure the proper functioning of Responsibilities, and that the public interest requires the formation of a committee to do so '.

Six more minutes passed and then 'SPA' announced a 'royal order to exempt Ahmed Asiri, deputy head of Saudi General Intelligence, from his post.' Brigadier General Al-Tayyar Mohammed bin Saleh al-Rumaih, assistant head of the General Intelligence Directorate for Human Resources, Major General Abdullah bin Khalifa al-Shaya, and the director of the General Directorate of Security and Protection headed by General Intelligence, Major General Rashad bin Hamed al-Muhamadi .

At one and 23 minutes a royal order was issued to exempt Saud bin Abdullah al-Qahtani, the adviser to the Royal Court from his post, the man who sparked much controversy before, with his Twitter on the social networking site Twitter, and was responsible for preparing a 'black list' of Saudi dissidents Resident abroad, including Jamal Khashoggi .

"The directives and decisions ordered by the king following the unfortunate and painful incident that killed Khashoggi, which included directing the Attorney General to carry out an investigation to uncover the circumstances of Khashoggi's disappearance, And the consequent reservation to the suspects to complete the investigations, and the formation of a committee to review the procedures followed in this regard, and the steps contained in these steps of exemptions to a number of officials in the body in question, comes in continuation of the State's approach to establish the foundations of justice, With The default or error especially if it touches the sons of the sons of the homeland in a comprehensive and determined, whatever the circumstances and regardless of any considerations '.

"These measures reflect the leadership's concern for the security and safety of all the people of this country, and reflect their determination not to stop these procedures when accounting for the defaulters and direct officials, to include corrective measures to prevent such a serious mistake in the future ."

"The Kingdom's government appreciates the outstanding cooperation shown by the brotherly government of Turkey led by President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, whose efforts and cooperation have contributed significantly to the investigation into the killing of Jamal Khashoggi, " the source added .

At that point, the Saudi official news agency stopped broadcasting more official news about the incident, and its official, confirmed and documented account was issued within 42 minutes .

Turkish police forensic experts examine the residence of the Consul General of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Mohammed Al-Otaibi in Istanbul

Turkish police forensic experts examine the residence of the Consul General of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Mohammed Al-Otaibi in Istanbul

Before the Saudi statements, US President Donald Trump said he might consider imposing sanctions on Riyadh, although he appeared not to be too willing to distance himself from Saudi Arabia, citing Riyadh's role in countering Iranian influence in the Middle East and potentially lucrative arms deals .

According to Reuters, the White House said in a statement that it had read the Saudi statement and that it would continue to press for the realization of "justice that comes in a timely, transparent and consistent manner with due process ."

But some US lawmakers have questioned Saudi interpretation. Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham, who sharply criticized Saudi Arabia after Khashoggi's disappearance, said he was very skeptical of Saudi Arabia's interpretation of Khashoggi's death .

"The least I can say is that I am skeptical of the new Saudi account of Mr. Khashoggi," Graham said on Twitter. Democratic Senator Richard Blumenthal told CNN that the Saudi interpretation was "totally unbelievable" and called for an international investigation into the death of Khashoggi

• Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Saudi Arabia recognizes the killing of Khashoggi and excludes senior officials from their posts

Analyst: Khashoggi's disappearance will bring Turkey into trouble and open Washington's appetite for blackmail

17:35 - 20/10/2018

%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%82%D9%86%D8%B5%D9%84%D9%

Information / special ... 
confirmed political analyst Abbas Aerada Saturday that the Saudi recognition of the killing of opposition journalist Jamal Khashoggi in Ankara will open the door to Turkey 's involvement in concealing thebody. 
"The Saudi recognition of the killing of Khashoggi as a result of a quarrel inside the Saudi consulate in Ankara will open the door to the involvement of Turkish security in hiding the body," Al-Ardawi said in a statement. "If the body is found inside Turkey, , As well as the great impact on Turkish tourism. " 
He added that "the scenario of Saudi recognition was agreed by Riyadh and Ankara and Washington in return for America's billions of dollars," noting that "the Turkish side will pass the case for 250 million dollars."
He added that "if the body was transferred to Saudi Arabia will go to another killing of a person similar to Khashoggi for the purpose of closing the case," adding that "the killing will be in accordance with cooperation between Saudi Arabia and US and away from criminal investigations." 
On Saturday, Amnesty International questioned the "neutrality" of the Saudi inquiry into the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, hours after Riyadh announced its results. 
The Saudi authorities announced at dawn Saturday the killing of Khashoggi after a "quarrel" inside his consulate in Istanbul, 19 days after the fact of his disappearance.

https://www.almaalomah.com/2018/10/20/356279/

• Upvote 1

In my mind I still haven't seen any real proof of what happened to this man even if he is actually deceased. I do find it odd how quickly the media has been able to put all of this together..... And compare and say to the Las Vegas shooting it's over a year old and there really is no specific information about any of it...... Just makes you wonder how corrupt the whole system is.......JMO.....CL

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

New photos of Khashoggi published for the first time before his death hours

5bcb0294d43750e20f8b4590-500x243.jpg

ANKARA, Oct 20 (KUNA) - The Turkish newspaper Khabar on Saturday published new pictures of Jamal Khashoggi, saying he had bought an apartment in a building in Istanbul's Topkapi area seven days before his disappearance, Surveillance cameras movements Khashoggi and Khadija during that period. "

5bcb05f7d437507d5a8b4623.PNG

5bcb061bd437507d5a8b4626.PNG

5bcb060cd43750e20f8b4596.PNG

The recordings and pictures show Khashoggi leaving at 4:57 am on Tuesday, from the building, on the day of his disappearance to receive his fiancé. They entered the building at 4:58 am, and other recordings showed that they entered the building again at 12:17 pm. Finished

https://www.iraqpressagency.com/?p=289042

• Upvote 1

Jamal Khashoggi: murder in the consulate

After days of denial, Saudi Arabia has now said that the writer Jamal Khashoggi died in a ‘fist fight’ at its Istanbul consulate. Martin Chulov pieces together events surrounding this death and the investigation, and links to Riyadh’s controversial crown prince

Sun 21 Oct 2018 09.00 BST

2053.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=e8096b9da7f8aa6c6fa79321a0b0cb19
Khashoggi arriving at the Saudi Arabian consulate in Istanbul on 2 October
Photograph: AFP/Getty Images

More pics

In the last interview with Khashoggi before his death ... Bin Salman is an old - fashioned tribal leader

2010201816142DL9C3_1XUAUEBGa.jpg

Photo of the archive - Jamal Khashoggi

2 hours ago

+ -

Digital Media NRT

Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi confirmed in his last interview that he did not see himself as opposed to the Saudi government and wanted only reform, and tried in vain to advise the young crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman, who he described as a veteran tribal leader.

Newsweek magazine published an interview with Saudi writer Jamal Khashoggi, who was interviewed by journalist Rola Jibril, before announcing his disappearance and subsequent death at his consulate in Istanbul .

In an interview with Khashoggi, journalist Rola Jibril said that the latter told her that he feared for his life and that she hesitated to publish the interview after his disappearance for fear of his fate. He also talked about sensitive issues related to his country and the Crown Prince, Mohammed bin Salman .

"I do not see myself as an opponent" of the Saudi government, she said. He said he wanted reform only and wanted "the best for Saudi Arabia."

Khashoggi "admitted how he tried unsuccessfully to advise the young crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman," he said, but saw the young crown prince as "an old-fashioned tribal leader."

Khashoggi spoke about the crown prince, saying: "You challenge them; you may end up in prison," in reference to the Crown Prince and the ruling footnote .

Asked about a conversation between Mohammed bin Salman and the Archbishop of Canterbury, the latter asked, "If you really want to be seen as a reformer, why not allow minorities to open their own places of worship, like the Christian church or something?" Bin Salman: "I can not allow this. This is the sacred place of Islam and it must remain so."

"In historical Islam, we know there are places of worship for others, Jews were allowed to worship, Christians were allowed to worship," Khashoggi said.

"I'm sure the hard-core Wahhabis are not happy about it, cinema, entertainment, music, women's hijab, so it addresses people's issues, the social level of the people," he said.

Khashoggi stressed the importance of "diversity of the school of thought Islam and the judiciary," stressing that bin Salman in the event of "doing these two is a real reformer."

Khashoggi Tips

Asked about the arrest and detention of princes at the Ritz-Carlton, and why Bin Salman did not provide convincing evidence to the public, Khashoggi said the latter "saw no need for it," describing him as "an old-fashioned tribal leader." Like the Gulf states, the community there is very close to Saudi society, but the Kuwaiti judiciary is more advanced and transparent than the Saudi judiciary. "

"Why does not Mohammed see that part of reform, because he will limit his tyrannical rule, he does not want it, he does not see the need for it, so I sometimes feel that he wants to enjoy the fruits of the world of modernity, the Silicon Valley, cinemas and everything , But at the same time wants to rule as his grandfather ruled Saudi Arabia, "he stressed," This is not possible, can not use the two methods of governance. "

According to Khashoggi, things in the kingdom are "going wrong," indicating that Bin Salman "is very self-assured, does not believe in anyone else, and has no suitable advisers."

"I will accept that, of course; I want Saudi Arabia to achieve the best always, I do not see myself as an opponent, I do not call for overthrowing the regime, because I know it is not possible and risky," said Khashoggi. There is someone who calls for overthrowing the regime, I just call for reform of the regime. "

"I will tell him to stop planning these white elephant projects, look at the poor areas of Jeddah and Riyadh, and look at the poor, because these poor people want jobs, they want a better life and they do not have it."

"He will tell the Crown Prince that he is responsible for the interests of these poor people, people who will act against you or who will go out on the streets if you fail." "Look at the poor areas, look at the economy, Saudi society must be transformed into a productive society."

"My second advice is to stop fighting historic ways to change the Middle East, the Arab Spring is a real phenomenon to embrace, and embrace the aspiration to freedom of the people of Egypt, Syria and Yemen."

Khashoggi believes that the Saudis do not agree with what the Crown Prince is wasting money on mega projects he described as "suffocating." We, the people of Saudi Arabia, do not have the strength or influence to say, 'Your Highness, do not waste billions of dollars in these mega projects.'

As for what is happening in Yemen, Khashoggi, despite his conviction that Bin Salman "has the right to worry about the Iranian presence in Yemen, and his attempt to expel them," bin Salman at the same time "doubts his natural allies in Yemen."

He said that bin Salman "wants a victory in Yemen will eliminate Huthi," but according to the Saudi writer believes it is "impossible to do so," pointing out that the reason is related to "the rule of one man, and no one can tell him, The policy is wrong, you have to find an alternative solution to Yemen. "

The Gulf Crisis

On the Gulf crisis and Bin Salman's position on Qatar, Khashoggi said: "There is a fundamental sign of Mohammed bin Salman's strategies. As far as Iran is concerned, he is concerned about political Islam, the Muslim Brotherhood and the forces of the Arab Spring.

"Qatar is seen as the lifeblood of Arab spring and political Islam, and he wants the Qataris to separate from their support for the Arab Spring and political Islam on Al-Jazeera, and in finance, that's what he wants. If Qatar becomes another Bahrain, Political Islam and the Arab Spring, and turned against them, they will be welcomed in the house of Mohammed bin Salman. "

Bin Salman and Mohammed bin Zayed (Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi) believe they have suffocated the forces of the Arab Spring, and the only respite for these forces is Qatar, so they want to close this breathing space, Khashoggi was quoted as saying .

"They are very bad, people are afraid of them, you challenge them, you may end up in prison," said Khashoggi. Sports and youth satisfaction, came Turki, was in the police force and do not know how to become very close to Mohammed bin Salman.

"At the time of King Abdullah, he was a friend of mine and I knew him very well. The connection between the Royal Court and the media in my time was now the most important man in the media. He is the person who leads the Saudi control arm, The person who controls public relations and the media. "

H

http://www.nrttv.com/AR/News.aspx?id=5626&MapID=3

Reuters: Saudi official presents new account of Khashoggi's death

21102018114410jazo_0.jpg

Pictures of Jamal Khashoggi

2 hours ago

View

+ -

Digital Media NRT

A senior Saudi official on Sunday presented a new account of what happened inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, whose main aspects contradict earlier interpretations, as  Saudi Arabia faces increasing international skepticism in its account of the murder of journalistJamal Khashoggi . 

According to a Reuters report published on October 21, 2018, the latest account of Khashoggi's death, presented by a Saudi official who asked not to be identified, details how a team of 15 Saudis, sent to meet Khashoggi on October 2, threatened to be anesthetized and abducted. Before they killed him in a fight when he resisted, and then a member of the team wore Khashoggi clothes to look like he left the consulate .

"The Saudi official presented what he said were Saudi intelligence documents that appeared to reveal a plan to bring back the opponents in addition to the document that concerns Khashoggi. He also presented a testimony from people involved in what he described as covering the team that went to meet Khashoggi about what happened and the preliminary results of an internal investigation. Provide evidence to prove the results of the investigation and other evidence . "

According to the latest version of the novel, the official said the Saudi government wanted to convince Khashoggi, who moved to Washington a year ago for fear of retaliation for his views, to return to the kingdom as part of a campaign to prevent the recruitment of Saudi enemies to Saudi dissidents .

He added that for this reason, deputy head of the General Intelligence Ahmed Asiri formed a team of 15 intelligence and security personnel to go to Istanbul and meet Khashoggi in the consulate and try to convince him to return. "There is always a matter of negotiating the peaceful return of dissidents, Without reference to the leadership .

He stressed that "Asiri formed the team and that the adviser in the Royal Court Saud al-Qahtani participated in preparing the process . "

According to the plan, Khashoggi would be held in a safe place outside Istanbul for some time and then released if he eventually refused to return to Saudi Arabia, indicating that "things got worse from the start as the team overtook the instructions and quickly resorted to violence." Khashoggi To the Office of the Consul General, where one of the team members, Maher Muttrab with him, talked about returning to Saudi Arabia .

Khashoggi refused and told a singer that someone was waiting outside and would contact the Turkish authorities if he did not appear within an hour, the official said .

"This is contrary to diplomatic norms and international regulations, what do you do to me, do you have an intention for my kidnappers?" Khashoggi told the consulate.

"Yes, we will kidnap you and we will kidnap you," the singer said, which the official described as a scare attempt against the mission's goal. When Khashoggi raised his voice, the team panicked. According to the government's story, they tried to silence him and silence him .

"As a result of Jamal's insistence on raising his voice and his insistence on leaving the office, they tried to calm him down, but it turned into a fight between them," the official said .

At the same time, a member of the team, Mustafa al-Madani, wore Khashoggi's clothes, glasses and camel's watch and left the back door of the consulate in an attempt to show that Khashoggi had left the building. The civilian went to the Sultanahmet area where he disposed of the belongings .

The official said the team then wrote a false report to its superiors, saying Khashoggi had been allowed to leave after he warned that the Turkish authorities would intervene and that they left the country quickly before their discovery .

The official said all 15 members of the team were arrested and are being investigated along with three other suspects .

This is the latest version of the Saudi version of what has happened and has changed several times. Riyadh initially rejected reports of Khashoggi's disappearance inside the consulate, calling it "false" and said he left the building shortly after he entered.

Asked why the government's interpretation of the journalist's death was constantly changing, the official said that "the first government's account was based on false information provided by internal bodies at the time." He noted that "once it was found that the initial reports were false, Internally and stopped making further statements, adding that the investigation is continuing . "

Turkish officials suspect Khashoggi's body was cut but the Saudi official said he was wrapped in a carpet and handed over to a "local collaborator" to get rid of it. In response to a question about Khashoggi's torture and beheadings, the official said the initial findings of the investigation did not indicate .

http://www.nrttv.com/AR/News.aspx?id=5650&MapID=3

%D8%AE%D8%A7%D8%B4%D9%82%D8%AC%D9%8A-1-6

Saudi official reveals fate of journalist Jamal Khashoggi

21/10/2018

A Saudi official on Sunday revealed the fate of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, who died inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on Tuesday (October 2nd).

The official, who declined to be identified, told Reuters that after Khashoggi's death, the 15-person team wrapped the body in a carpet and placed it in the consulate car and then handed it over to a local "collaborator" in Istanbul to get rid of it.

He noted that the forensic doctor, Salah al-Tabaiqi, who was part of the team, tried to remove the traces of the incident.

Meanwhile, Mustafa al-Madani, the chief operating officer, dressed in Khashoggi's glasses and glasses and his Apple watch, and left through the back door of the consulate, trying to make it look like Khashoggi had already left the building.

Earlier, Turkish officials had confirmed to Reuters that Khashoggi's killers may have dumped his body in the nearby Belgrade Forest of Istanbul and in a rural location near the city of Yalova, 90 km south of Istanbul.

The Saudi journalist disappeared after entering the consulate building in Istanbul with the aim of completing transactions related to his marriage to the Turkish citizen Khadija Genghis.

Late on Friday, the kingdom said initial investigations showed that the controversy between the Saudi journalist and the people he met while in the consulate led to a "fight" followed by a clash with his hands, leading to his "death." (End)

Saudi Crown Prince Spoke To Khashoggi By Phone Moments Before He Was Killed: Report

Profile picture for user Tyler Durden
Sun, 10/21/2018 - 16:40

In the latest bombshell report involving the Khashoggi murder, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman reportedly spoke on the phone with journalist Jamal Khashoggi moments before he was murdered in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. Turkish pro-government daily Yeni Safak disclosed the new alleged details of the case in a report on Sunday, contradicting claims by Saudi authorities that Prince Mohammed played no part in Khashoggi's murder.

"Khashoggi was detained by the Saudi team inside the consulate building. Then Prince Mohammed contacted Khashoggi by phone and tried to convince him to return to Riyadh," the report said.

"Khashoggi refused Prince Mohammed's offer out of fear he would be arrested and killed if he returned. The assassination team then killed Khashoggi after the conversation ended," it added.

While the report is so far unconfirmed, the New Arab reports that so far Turkish pro-government media have been receiving a steady stream of leaks many of which turned out to be accurate, including pictures of the hit team as they entered Turkey and reports of audio recordings of the murder said to be in the possession of Turkish authorities.

Meanwhile, the Saudi version of events has been changing significantly over the past two weeks with authorities conceded Saturday that Khashoggi, the Washington Post columnist and a Riyadh critic, was killed inside the kingdom's Istanbul diplomatic compound following a "brawl". The admission came after a fortnight of denials with the insistence that the journalist left the consulate alive, starting on October 5, when Crown Prince MBS told Bloomberg that Khashoggi was not inside the consulate and "we are ready to welcome the Turkish government to go and search our premises".

On Saturday, the kingdom announced it had fired five top officials and arrested 18 others in an investigation into the killing - a move that has widely been viewed as an attempt to cover up the crown prince's role in the murder.

The shifting Saudi narrative of the killing has been met with scepticism and condemnation from the international community, and has left the U.S. and other allies struggling for a response on Sunday. As Bloomberg reports, France demanded more information, Germany put arms sales to Riyadh on hold and the Trump administration stressed the vital importance of the kingdom and its economy to the U.S.

In Sunday radio and TV interviews, Dominic Raab, the U.K. politician in charge of negotiating Britain’s exit from the European Union, described the latest Saudi account as not credible; French Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire called for “the truth’’; and Germany’s Foreign Minister Heiko Maas said his government would approve no arms sales so long as the investigation was ongoing.

Earlier on Sunday, Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir acknowledged a cover-up attempt. The dramatic reversal, after Saudi officials had previously said the columnist left the building alive, has only complicated the issue for allies.

Saudi Arabia’s al-Jubeir told Fox News on Sunday that the journalist’s death was an “aberration.”

“There obviously was a tremendous mistake made and what compounded the mistake was the attempt to cover up,” he said, promising that “those responsible will be punished for it.” 

More importantly, he said that Prince Mohammed had no knowledge of the events, although if the Turkish report is confirmed, it will be yet another major flaw with the official narrative.

Several senior members of US President Donald Trump's Republican Party said they believed Prince Mohammed was linked to the killing, and one called for a "collective" Western response if a link is proved. In an interview with The Washington Post, President Trump, too, said the Saudi narrative had been marked by “deception and lies.’’ Yet he also defended Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman as a “strong person,’’ and said there was no proof of his involvement in Khashoggi’s death. Some members of Congress have questioned his willingness to exonerate the prince.

"Obviously there's been deception and there's been lies," Trump said on the shifting accounts offered by Riyadh.

On Sunday, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan promised to disclose details about the case at a meeting of his AK Party’s parliamentary faction on Tuesday, Haberturk newspaper reported.

Meanwhile, as Western firms and high-ranked officials scramble to avoid any Saudi involvement, Russia is more than happy to step in and fill the power vacuum void left by the US. As a result, Russian businesses are flocking to attend the investment forum in Saudi Arabia, as Western counterparts pull out.

Russian President Vladimir Putin has had considerable success boosting Moscow’s influence in the Middle East at U.S. expense, by standing by regimes that fall afoul of the West, including in Syria and Iran. Last week Putin signed a strategic and partnership agreement with Egypt’s President Abdel-Fattah El-Sisi, backed by $25 billion in loans to build nuclear reactors. Until El-Sisi came to power, Egypt had been closely allied to the U.S.

Meanwhile, all eyes are fixed squarely on the Crown Prince whose position of power is looking increasingly perilous. Congressional leaders on Sunday dismissed the story proffered earlier by the Saudis, with Republican Senators Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Bob Corker of Tennessee saying they believed the crown prince was likely involved in Khashoggi’s death.

Lawmakers said they believe the U.S. must impose sanctions on Saudi Arabia or take other action if the crown prince is shown to have been involved. Speaking on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Senator **** Durbin of Illinois, the chamber’s No. 2 Democrat, said the Saudi ambassador to the U.S. should be formally expelled until a third-party investigation is done. He said the U.S. should call on its allies to do the same.

“Unless the Saudi kingdom understands that civilized countries around the world are going to reject this conduct and make sure that they pay a price for it, they’ll continue doing it,”’ Durbin said.

The obvious question is what happens and how the Saudi royal family will respond if it is pushed too far, and whether the worst case scenario, a sharp cut in oil exports, could be on the table if MBS feels like he has little to lose from escalating the situation beyond a point of no return.

1 minute ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

***///

If only the 'left' would've been so outraged over what happened in Benghazi as much

as they're outraged over this......    <_<

I believe most people are outraged by the non-stop stack of lies associated with this story. Of course, here in America lying is the new orange.

B/A

• Confused 1

Saudi investment conference is about to start despite boycott after Khashoggi's death

10749.jpg
Ritz-Carlton, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
text.png html.png print.png

arrow.gif Arab and international

Economy News Baghdad

By Nidal al-Mughrabi GAZA (Reuters) - Saudi Arabia has ignored a Western boycott following the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi as it prepares to launch an investment conference on Tuesday after dozens of top business and government leaders have withdrawn.

Hundreds of bankers and corporate executives are still expected to join a conference on the future of investment at a luxury Riyadh hotel, an annual event aimed at helping to attract foreign capital in the billions of dollars under reforms aimed at ending Saudi dependence on oil exports.

But while last year's conference attracted FIFA business elite from around the world, making the conference the title of informal "Davos of the Sahara", this year's conference saw the withdrawal of more than 20 top speakers following international outrage over Khashoggi's death.

Khashoggi, a fierce critic of the Saudi crown prince, disappeared on Oct. 2 after entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul to obtain documents for his marriage.

After Saudi Arabia denied two weeks of involvement in his disappearance, Riyadh said on Saturday that Khashoggi had died during a brawl at the consulate. A Saudi official later attributed his death to suffocation.

The two-week denial and changing stories have strained ties between the West and the world's biggest oil exporter.

US Treasury Secretary Stephen Menuchin and senior ministers from Britain and France withdrew from the conference along with senior executives and board heads of about 10 major financial firms such as JPMorgan Chase, HSBC and IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde. .

Patrick Bouillon, chief executive of France's Total, said on Monday he would attend the conference. Russia is also sending a large delegation led by Kirill Dimitryev, head of the Direct Investment Fund.

Senior executives from Asian companies have been reluctant to withdraw, so the participation of Chinese and Japanese institutions could make the three-day conference active enough for Riyadh to say it worked.

The conference has nothing to do with the annual meeting of the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.

Many Western banks and other companies fear business losses, such as arranging deals for Saudi Arabia's $ 250 billion sovereign wealth fund, and sending lower-level executives even as senior officials stay away from the conference.

For these reasons, the Western boycott may not have a long-term impact on Saudi Arabia's economic prospects. But the conference comes at a time when many foreign investors see the risk that Khashoggi's case could destroy Riyadh's ties with Western governments.

Net foreign sales in Saudi Arabia were 4.01 billion riyals ($ 1.07 billion) in the week ending October 18, the biggest sell-off since the market opened to foreign direct investment in mid-2015.

The conference is being held at the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Riyadh, where scores of princes, businessmen and officials have been held in a crackdown on corruption just days after the conclusion of last year's conference.

Officials said the campaign brought together more than $ 100 billion of suspects through financial settlements. But that figure has not been verified and the details of the alleged crimes have never been announced, fueling investors' concerns about legal transparency.

Views 20   Date Added 10/23/2018

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=14076

• Upvote 1