Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Saudi Arabia recognizes the killing of Khashoggi and excludes senior officials from their posts

Release date: 2018/10/15 16:51  120 times read
Trump calls on the US State Department to immediately investigate the disappearance of Khashoggi
The US State Department revealed on Monday that it was President Donald Trump ordered an immediate investigation into the disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo travels to Riyadh on Monday, according to the State Department. 
"The president called for an immediate and public investigation into the disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in the Washington Post," State Department spokesman Heather Naort said in a statement. 
That came after US President Donald Trump said he had spoken to Saudi King Salman bin Abdul Aziz about Khashoggi's disappearance. 
US President Donald Trump announced earlier that he would send his foreign minister to meet Saudi King Salman bin Abdul Aziz on the backdrop of the disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi in his consulate in Istanbul. 
Trump said through his Twitter account that he had spoken to Saudi King Salman bin Abdul Aziz about the missing Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi and would send his foreign minister, Mike Pompeo, immediately to meet with the king.
Khashoggi has been hiding since his visit to the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on October 2, and while the Saudi authorities confirm he has left his consulate, the Turkish authorities deny that he has left amid media reports quoting Turkish sources that he was killed, "Independently verify the validity of those reports. 
The case has drawn the attention of major powers such as France and Britain, who have asked Saudi Arabia for "detailed and immediate" answers to Khashoggi's disappearance, as well as the United States, whose president Donald Trump hinted at the Turkish version of Saudi Arabia. In an interview with Fox News, Khashoggi entered the embassy and did not come out, and it seems that Saudi Arabia is involved in his disappearance
  • Upvote 1

Release date: 2018/10/15 17:07  27 times read
Trump: Saudi Arabia has strongly denied its relationship to the disappearance of Khashoggi and possibly killers who rogue behind his death
(AFP) - US President Donald Trump said on Monday that Saudi Arabia and King Salman had strongly denied any involvement in the killing of media journalist Jamal Khashoggi. 
Trump said in remarks to the White House Park that his foreign minister, Mike Pompeo, would leave within an hour to meet Saudi King Salman bin Abdul Aziz on the backdrop of the disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi. 
"The Saudi government and King Salman have strongly denied any connection to Khashoggi's disappearance," he said. 
"I think there are other reasons that can be shown to blame." 
"It seems to me that it is apparent that there could be rogue killers behind what happened to Saudi journalist Khashoggi."
  • Upvote 1

Monday 15 October 2018 5:03 pm| Number of readings: 477

Trump reveals who killed Jamal Khashoggi
US President Donald Trump on Monday surprised Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, who has been missing in Turkey since Tuesday.

The US president hinted for the first time that Khashoggi may have been killed without the knowledge of the Saudi leadership, speaking of the possibility of involvement of what he called "uncontrolled elements" in the assassination of the disappeared journalist.

"The king (the Saudi) has categorically denied knowing anything," Trump said in a statement from the White House Gardens. "I do not want to speculate about his whereabouts, but it seemed to me that it might have been done by uncontrolled elements. who knows"?.

On Monday, the US president sent Foreign Minister Mike Pompeo to Saudi Arabia amid an investigation into the disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

Trump had previously announced Pompeo's trip in Twitter and said he had spoken to King Salman bin Abdul Aziz of Saudi Arabia about Khashoggi.

• Upvote 2

1st off he was a US citizen and lived in Virginia some of the time..... He was also a reporter... He had been close to the Royal family and did know many of the family secrets...... It is reported that he was involved in arms deals.... And drug smuggling.... Some of the illegal arms deals would go back to the Obama years..... And Secretary Clinton... much like the Bengazi situation...... No proof of his being killed has been produced yet...... He may be alive and just in custody in Saudi Arabia...... For some reason ....which is probably for some sort of political game.... this is in the news right now....... It could be with the idea of driving the price of the markets down because any time oil prices are threatened  to go higher...... the stock market drops........ And if the powers that be can get yhe markets to drop 10 or 20% they can gloat and say see.... Trump's economic plan is a sham..... Time will tell... but I call false flag.....CL

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

It is reported that he was involved in arms deals

Adnan Khashoggi apparently is the uncle of Jamal Khashoggi and was involved in the Iran-Contra arms debacle. I can still remember Adnan Khashoggi's words, "Who can I tell, who can I tell?" About the arms deal that went south for him.

Adnan Khashoggi: Arms Dealer Caught in Web of Financial Woe

MITCHELL LANDSBERGJanuary 23, 1987

NEW YORK (AP) _ Adnan Khashoggi, the high-flying Saudi who brokered the U.S.-Iran arms deal, may or may not be the world’s richest man, but he is without a doubt one of its biggest spenders. 

A rotund, balding man with a dark mustache and a penchant for flashy clothes, Khashoggi is said to spend $250,000 a day maintaining his standard of living. Financial failings never seemed to cramp his extravagant style. 

His financial problems have mounted in recent days, and his losses are said to total in the hundreds of millions of dollars. 

By his own account, Khashoggi lost $10 million when he brokered the U.S.-Iran arms deal. 

He also says he lost $300 million in a Salt Lake City development plan. He has $103 million at stake in a troubled Louisiana ethanol refinery, and there are rumors he lost a fortune in an oil exploration project in the Sudan. 

Last Friday, French authorities announced they had seized two of Khashoggi’s jets, a DC-9 and a lavishly furnished DC-8, at the request of British creditors. 

The same day, a New York judge seized his $30 million Manhattan apartment, one of about a dozen residences he keeps around the world. 

No one knows how much money is left. 

It’s still not clear how the Iranian arms deal was financed. Khashoggi has said he put $30 million to $35 million in advance payments for the arms into the account of Lake Resources, a company he believed to be controlled by Marine Lt. Col. Oliver North and Air Force Maj. Gen. Richard V. Secord. 

Court records in Salt Lake City say Khashoggi borrowed $21 million from two Canadian businessmen, Donald Fraser and Ernest Miller, but Khashoggi has denied that the Canadians had any part in the arms deal. 

″I went to a bank in the Cayman Islands,″ he told NBC-TV. 

He has said he never expected to make money from the arms deal, but thought he would profit from the rebuilding of Iran and Iraq if the weapons sale led to peace between the two Persian Gulf nations. He also has said he hopes to get his $10 million in losses back from the U.S. government. 

His participation in the arms scandal has focused attention on, and possibly contributed to, Khashoggi’s other problems. 

Triad America, a holding company for his U.S. assets, was in the midst of a $400 million plan to build a Salt Lake City office and shopping complex when the project became mired in financial problems. Work stopped and creditors began demanding money. 

Khashoggi proposed to sell a subsidiary, Edgington Oil, to pay the debts, but Sheraton Corp. sued in November to stop the sale, saying it feared the proceeds would not go to creditors such as itself. A judge halted the sale.

Court records in the Sheraton lawsuit say that Khashoggi had pledged Triad as collateral when he borrowed money from the Canadians.

Meanwhile, a British company, Lonrho PLC of London, claimed that Khashoggi had defaulted on two loans totalling $4 million made in late 1985 and early 1986. The company had authorities seize his two jets in Paris and his two- story Olympic Towers apartment on New York’s Fifth Avenue.

The Los Angeles Times reported today that Lonrho has also seized the Monaco bank account through which Khashoggi funneled cash used in the Iran arms deal.

The move freezes assets in his personal account at the Bank of Credit and Commerce International, assets that ″amount to very little,″ conceded Paul Spicer, an executive at Lonrho who confirmed the action Thursday. More than $20 million is thought to have have passed through the account. 

In an interview published Wednesday in a Salt Lake newspaper, the Deseret News, Khashoggi said his financial problems in Utah could lead him to ″bankrupt the company and to hell with everybody.″ 

″I have nothing to lose,″ he told the newspaper. ″It doesn’t worry me, but it should worry you.″

https://apnews.com/d94000845fe3486e49fc1225abeebb93

• Upvote 1

Saudis 'prepare to admit journalist Jamal Khashoggi was killed in a botched interrogation by ****** squad who wanted to bundle him out of Turkey'

• Journalist Jamal Khashoggi went to Saudi consulate in Istanbul on 2 October 
  • He has not been seen since and Turkish officials fear he has been murdered 
  • Saudis had denied claims and have ordered internal investigation into mystery
  • Now reports say they are ready to admit he died in interrogation at the embassy
  • US President Donald Trump said 'nobody knows' if the Saudi report is official 
  • Earlier Trump spoke to the Saudi king who 'firmly' denied any kind of murder

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6277305/Turkish-officials-today-search-Saudi-consulate-Khashoggi.html

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Saudis 'prepare to admit journalist Jamal Khashoggi was killed in a botched interrogation by ****** squad who wanted to bundle him out of Turkey'

• Journalist Jamal Khashoggi went to Saudi consulate in Istanbul on 2 October 
  • He has not been seen since and Turkish officials fear he has been murdered 
  • Saudis had denied claims and have ordered internal investigation into mystery
  • Now reports say they are ready to admit he died in interrogation at the embassy
  • US President Donald Trump said 'nobody knows' if the Saudi report is official 
  • Earlier Trump spoke to the Saudi king who 'firmly' denied any kind of murder

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6277305/Turkish-officials-today-search-Saudi-consulate-Khashoggi.html

OK. Now where is the body?

• Upvote 3

Date of release: 2018/10/16 14:24  50 times scheduled
After the consulate .. Search the house of the Saudi Consul in search of Khashoggi
The Turkish-Saudi Working Group has decided to inspect the residence of the Saudi Consul in Istanbul as part of the investigation into the disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
On Sunday, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan received a telephone call from Saudi King Salman bin Abdul Aziz, during which the two leaders discussed the issue of Khashoggi's disappearance and stressed the importance of forming a joint working group in the context of Khashoggi investigation. 
The Turkish and Saudi officials participating in the joint working group to investigate the case left the consulate headquarters in Istanbul after a 9-hour inspection without making any statement to the media. 
The traces of the Saudi journalist disappeared on October 2 after he entered his consulate in Istanbul for formal treatment of his marriage. 
On Tuesday, Khashoggi's family issued a statement calling for the formation of an independent and impartial international commission to investigate the circumstances of his disappearance.
  • Upvote 1

Maybe it was rogue killers, or members of M-13. I'm sure The Saudi just let anyone walk into their diplomatic buildings... They murdered the guy because they didn't like his reporting on the royal family... Their government and it's accountability is a bit different than what we are used to. That's why we should cut them off and let them drink their oil... Damn evil bastards.

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Per usual there is more to this story......just take the family history.....sooner or later the MSM in the States will start covering the real story.....the world media is on it.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/heavy.com/news/2018/10/jamal-khashoggis-family-wife-uncle-children/amp

We never would have done business with them if we went by social conscience and human rights... Their culture is very different and people's rights are non-existent and the concept of jury by peers is not their justice system.

B/A

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

We never would have done business with them if we went by social conscience and human rights... Their culture is very different and people's rights are non-existent and the concept of jury by peers is not their justice system.

B/A

Yep....as always......it's always about the money.....

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Yep....as always......it's always about the money.....

Greed will bring down America just like every other empire in the past... People don't care about humanity when it takes away from their personal standard of living... That is a bad side of human nature. Sure we help out in disasters and feel good about ourselves, but we turn a blind eye to those in need on a daily basis... Many think if they can't take care of themselves or if they need a hand out they are not worth it. This is where society is losing. The idea it is better to give than to receive has died for many people...

B/A 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

So I'm sure I will get burned here but here it goes.  Not speaking of those that heed help here in the USA, but those that need help in other countries.  They have a different culture and mind set than ours.  There is not a lot we can do short of invading their countries and forcing them to live like us and force our values down their throat.  I wish we could but we can't.  There are a  lot human right violations in regards to women rights, free speech and a host of other issues.  If we don't do business with those countries then I don't think people would enjoy their life here as much.  It would still be better than any other country by far IMO.  Those other countries view our way life as absurd, evil, un-holy and downright disgusting.  That doesn't make them wrong in their eyes.  But they still do business with us to make their country better as well.  

Their is a great deal of greed and compromising of values from most countries in order to make their country better for their people.  The running of a country is one giant business that all countries have learned.  Some better than others. But to not work with a country because of human rights issues doesn't mean they will change views on how they run their country.  It just means we may go without certain things in our life.

Go ahead and flame me now.  It's a terrible situation but it's reality.  No one here is going to change it .  It shouldn't happen this way and I don't agree with it. 

• Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, cranman said:

So I'm sure I will get burned here but here it goes.  Not speaking of those that heed help here in the USA, but those that need help in other countries.  They have a different culture and mind set than ours.  There is not a lot we can do short of invading their countries and forcing them to live like us and force our values down their throat.  I wish we could but we can't.  There are a  lot human right violations in regards to women rights, free speech and a host of other issues.  If we don't do business with those countries then I don't think people would enjoy their life here as much.  It would still be better than any other country by far IMO.  Those other countries view our way life as absurd, evil, un-holy and downright disgusting.  That doesn't make them wrong in their eyes.  But they still do business with us to make their country better as well.  

Their is a great deal of greed and compromising of values from most countries in order to make their country better for their people.  The running of a country is one giant business that all countries have learned.  Some better than others. But to not work with a country because of human rights issues doesn't mean they will change views on how they run their country.  It just means we may go without certain things in our life.

Go ahead and flame me now.  It's a terrible situation but it's reality.  No one here is going to change it .  It shouldn't happen this way and I don't agree with it. 

I don't disagree with you. You speak the truth. But we should try to do better... Saudi finances things like 9/11. They are not our allies. If they didn't have oil do you think we would be doing business with them? As CL said, it's all about money and some would say money is the route to all evil...

B/A

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, cranman said:

No flaming from me cranman. It's true, all of it is about the money and running a country is a huge business and to do so, one must overlook a lot, perhaps too much in order to maintain a certain lifestyle, etc.

I do not agree with that idea, but I understand it. They have a right to their cultural ideas and beliefs/traditions, etc., but I personally do not support how they treat their citizens, nor how they have harmed and killed so many innocents within Yemen.

For me, how one treats another tells a story much clearer than words, and many in the region use their religion to abuse others and that to me is shameful but it happens far too often. Unfortunately, the bottom line is always the business aspect which requires overlooking too much, but little to nothing that can be done about it. If it were not for their oil, I bet how we view their practices would change, but perhaps not, because in the end, it is really all about trade, agreements and revenues, it is just reality and much is overlooked that should not be.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

You're absolutely right.  If they didn't have something we wanted then we would not do business with them.  It's sad that running a business is based on the customers needs and wants.  By that I mean that we, the people, are the USAs customers and our wants for certain items is the very thing that drives are country to do business with those countries that we disagree with in regards to many rights and health issues.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cranman said:

You're absolutely right.  If they didn't have something we wanted then we would not do business with them.  It's sad that running a business is based on the customers needs and wants.  By that I mean that we, the people, are the USAs customers and our wants for certain items is the very thing that drives are country to do business with those countries that we disagree with in regards to many rights and health issues.

Well said cranman, quite right my friend.

I think we forget that aspect, 'we the people' are part of the business, we want what we want, and it is too easy to overlook the human aspects of the originating country where we do business. If it were not for the oil products, likely it would be a different relationship.

To me, The Sauds are oppressive and tyrannical...it is very much a part of their culture, but...they have what we want, perhaps the US can change that if we were self sufficient in oil...and we could be I think.

• Upvote 2

Graham pledges to 'sanction the hell out of Saudi Arabia' over missing journalist

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) on Tuesday said he would "sanction the hell out of Saudi Arabia" while blaming Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in the disappearance of a U.S.-based journalist.

"It's up to the president," Graham said on Fox News's "Fox & Friends" when asked what President Trump should do about the situation. "I know what I'm going to do: I'm going to sanction the hell out of Saudi Arabia."

Graham added that he was "personally offended" by the disappearance of Washington Post contributor Jamal Khashoggi, who has been missing since Oct. 2, when he entered the Saudi consulate in Istanbul to get paperwork needed for his marriage.

He went on to say that he has been a staunch defender of Saudi Arabia, but warned that he cannot "do business" with the country until Salman is ousted.

"This guy is a wrecking ball. He had this guy murdered," Graham said. "To expect me to ignore it, I feel used and abused."

LINK: https://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/411590-graham-pledges-to-sanction-to-hell-out-of-saudi-arabia-over-missing

---

My opinion is simple: This should not go away or be swept under a rug. We need to follow up against their barbarism and tyrannical ways and it sounds like the President and others are prepared to do so. It will not change their ways nor how they treat people, but it will at least let them know we will not cover for them, "ally" or not. I would also void the 110 Billion dollar arms deal cut with them last year.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Maybe it was rogue killers, or members of M-13. I'm sure The Saudi just let anyone walk into their diplomatic buildings... They murdered the guy because they didn't like his reporting on the royal family... Their government and it's accountability is a bit different than what we are used to. That's why we should cut them off and let them drink their oil... Damn evil bastards.

B/A

Agreed

• yota691 changed the title to Saudi Arabia recognizes the killing of Khashoggi and excludes senior officials from their posts