Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Saudi Arabia recognizes the killing of Khashoggi and excludes senior officials from their posts

4 minutes ago, boosterbglee said:

I will speculate and say maybe it was another member of "the family" that was passed over...and then the blame falls on MBS, just thinking out loud.

I agree, BosterBGlee, AND The Best Of The Rest Of Your Week To You!!! :tiphat:

I think the pressure on MBS is to get the DEEP STATE rooted out while maybe tracing the affiliations of the DEEP STATE for disposal locally.

My gut feel is this is a false flag a month out from the 2018 midterm elections while the True The United States Of America Patriots are all over this to prevent another war. I think things will look really good by end of November with Good News to be had about DEEP STATE actors being brought to justice.

• Like 2

Khashoggi Family Had Deep Connections to Lockheed Martin, Saudi Power Struggles

OPINION

00:45 17.10.2018(updated 00:47 17.10.2018)Get short URL

Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi, who is feared murdered by the Saudi government in its consulate in Istanbul, was much more than a critic of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman (MBS): he was a figure connected to some of the highest echelons of power in the US and Saudi Arabia.

Whitney Webb, staff writer at MintPress News and author of a recent piece on the disappeared Saudi journalist, joined Radio Sputnik's Fault Lines on Tuesday to flesh out Khashoggi's personal and family history and his deep connections to the military-industrial complex in the United States, as well as the highest levels of the Saudi state, in an effort to understand why the US is reacting so strongly to his presumed death at Saudi hands.

[Interview begins at 93:30]

Noting that the Saudi government has gotten away with the massive death toll of its war in Yemen as well as its intense repression of its own citizens without much in the way of international condemnation, Webb said that it's odd that they are getting so much flak now: "This one journalist disappears and it's a big problem."

Is it because sending a hit squad to kill or kidnap a journalist on foreign soil is beyond the pale? Perhaps, but she noted that not much was said when Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri, after allegedly being forced to resign his post November 2017 while in in his home country of Saudi Arabia, was forcibly detained by Saudi agents in Riyadh only days later and his family threatened, Lebanese sources claimed at the time.

So who's demanding accountability from the Saudis now? Some figures you might not expect, such as Senators Lindsey Graham and Marco Rubio, US politicians who can more typically be found advancing the cause of military interventions and coups d'etat against governments adversarial to the United States.

"I've been their biggest defender on the floor of the United States Senate," Graham, who represents South Carolina, told Fox News Tuesday. "I feel used and abused" by Saudi Arabia. "The MBS figure is, to me, toxic; he can never be a world leader on the world stage."

"It's up to the president [to decide what to do]. I know what I'm gonna do: I'm gonna sanction the hell out of Saudi Arabia. We deal with bad people all the time, but this is in our face… they have nothing but contempt for us," Graham said. "This guy's gotta go. Saudi Arabia, if you're listening, there's a lot of good people you can choose, but MBS has tainted your country and tainted himself."

"The US response is not so much about human rights; it's a complex situation that's bringing a lot of things together," Webb told hosts Lee Stranahan and Garland Nixon. "There's two main issues, in my opinion, that have caused this sudden outrage to appear in the US mainstream. The first is that there are elements in the CIA that want MBS's predecessor, Mohammed bin Nayef, who was crown prince before — they want him to be put back in power because they worked with him in the past, and MBS is seen as [un]predictable and closer to [US President Donald] Trump and [Trump's son in law and adviser, Jared] Kushner and all these people. But the second issue, and the bigger of the two in my opinion, is that the Saudis recently made a decision that put in danger the entire $110 billion weapons deal that Trump has been promoting since last year, because that deal wasn't really a deal at all; it was actually a bunch of letters of intent and letters of interest, and now that the deadlines in some of those deals have come and gone, it's become clear to the US that the Saudis aren't going to buy all $110 billion in weapons that they had previously expressed interest in."

Webb noted that "one of the deadlines that passed was the deadline on Lockheed Martin's THAAD" [Terminal High Altitude Area Defense]. Saudi Arabia agreed in October 2017 to buy seven fire units of the anti-air and anti-missile defense system made by the US defense giant — each composed of a Raytheon AN/TPY-2 radar, two mobile tactical stations (plus two spares) and six launchers (with two spares) — and 360 interceptor missiles. "That deal was supposed to be $15 billion, the deadline was on September 30, the Saudis… just ignored the deadline, meaning they weren't interested, really, and then, two days later, Khashoggi disappears."

Webb noted that the US has been sanctioning countries for buying Russia's low-cost competitor to THAAD, the S-400 Triumf system. China's already been sanctioned and Turkey is being threatened with the same treatment. "Lockheed Martin has lost its edge," she said, "in terms of its products in the market." She gave the example of the F-35 program, "which has been a huge waste of American tax dollars," and how the entire fleet was grounded last week following the first crash of an F-35 in South Carolina. "It's not a good look for Lockheed Martin… the S-400 is considered to be more effective, and it's much cheaper" than THAAD," with National Interest reporting that the S-400 can run as low as $400 million per fire unit. "Obviously Lockheed Martin's THAAD is the worse deal, so what Trump has been doing, as ‘weapons salesman in chief,' has been to pressure other countries using US sanctions and other threats to try and get countries to keep buying Lockheed Martin's system."

"So the Khashoggi affair is being exploited, in my opinion, to try and push the Saudis to buy American, to buy the Lockheed THAAD, because they were going to buy the S-400 last year. The US has continually pressured them to disavow their plans to buy the S-400, and they haven't done it. And then after China was sanctioned for buying the S-400, the Saudi ambassador to Russia said, ‘I hope no one sanctions us because we're buying stuff from Russia.' He didn't say what it was, but the hints in some of the other things he said made it really clear that that was the plan to buy."

Webb noted that "support for the Saudis is bipartisan, by and large, just like support for the military-industrial complex and US wars abroad… so I don't really see [the Democrats] trying to take the moral high ground" with regards to any closeness between Trump and the crown prince.

The journalist also noted that Lockheed Martin was the single largest contributor to Graham's re-election campaign, giving the incumbent $61,700 in 2014, according to Open Secrets.

Webb also noted that Khashoggi's uncle, Adnan Khashoggi, "was a major weapons dealer in the 80s. He was very intimately involved with the Iran-Contra Affair, he donated heavily to Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan and he was deeply connected to Lockheed Martin," she said, noting that Lockheed's former vice president for marketing called Adnan "for all practical purposes a marketing arm of Lockheed Martin."

"Beyond that, [Jamal] Khashoggi himself was the protege of [Prince] Turki bin Faisal al-Saud. He was the head of Saudi intelligence for 24 years. He was also Saudi ambassador to Washington and to the United Kingdom, and during his ambassadorships, Khashoggi was his ‘media advisor.' Throughout his career, Khashoggi was close to the CIA… because the Saudi intelligence and US intelligence services, they cooperate all the time," which gave him "close access to Osama bin Laden for interviews back in the 90s, and it's really notable to point out that Khashoggi really only became a ‘critic' of the Saudi government — not of the monarchy or anything like that, or the system itself — but he became a critic of the regime only after internal struggles were happening. [Between] King Salman's predecessor, King Abdullah, and Turki bin Faisal al-Saud."

"This hasn't really been covered at all. I mean, Khashoggi now has sort of been rehabilitated in this sense, even by people like [journalist] Chris Hedges, as this courageous dissident who wanted to bring democracy and all this stuff. But it's interesting. Khashoggi has been part of the Muslim Brotherhood since his 20s; in the Arab Spring… he backed all of those regime-change efforts throughout the Middle East [enacted under former US President Barack Obama], and a report that was in Moon of Alabama recently linked to something that I thought was really interesting about how right before his disappearance, Khashoggi was ‘working quietly with intellectuals, reformists and Islamists,' i.e. the Muslim Brotherhood, ‘to launch a group called ‘Democracy for the Arab World Now.'"

https://sputniknews.com/analysis/201810171068946448-Khashoggi-Family-Ties-Lockheed-Saudi-Struggles/

• Upvote 1

Turkey Identifies 5 Suspects in Probe of Saudi Journalist’s Fate - Reports

Security members of the Saudi Arabia consulate checks a man on October 16, 2018 after Turkish forensic police and an investigation delagation left the Saudi Arabia consulate in Istanbul.

02:39 17.10.2018Get short URL
 0  0  0

WASHINGTON (Sputnik) - Turkish authorities have identified five suspects in its investigation into the disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, four of whom have ties to the Saudi Arabian government, US media reported.

One of the suspects identified by Turkey is a companion of Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and another is a forensic doctor with senior positions in the Saudi Interior Ministry and medical establishment, the New York Times reported on Tuesday. The other three suspects are connected by witness accounts and other records linked to the Saudi crown prince's security team, the report added.

Local media reported that Turkish police will not examine the residence of the Saudi consul in Istanbul as part of an investigation into disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

READ MORE: JP Morgan CEO Cancels Visit to Saudi Conference Amid Khashoggi Disappearance

According to the NTV broadcaster, the examination was not held on Tuesday because Saudi members of the joint working group on investigation into the incident could not take part in the investigative activities. Further details remain unknown.

Khashoggi, a Washington Post columnist, went missing on October 2. He was last seen entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul where he went to receive papers he needed to remarry.

Turkey has expressed concerns that Khashoggi could have been murdered inside the building, while the Saudi government has denied involvement in the case, claiming that the journalist disappeared after he left the consulate.

READ MORE: A Look Into US-Saudi Defense Deals at Stake as Spat Over Khashoggi Deepens

On Tuesday, the NTV broadcaster reported that the Turkish police had found evidence during their authorized search of the Saudi Consulate showing that Khashoggi had been murdered there.

Saudi Consul General in Istanbul Mohammad Otaibi has left Turkey for Riyadh amid the growing scandal around the disappearance of Khashoggi.

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201810171068948053-usa-turkey-suspect-probe-saudi-arabia/?utm_source=push&utm_medium=browser_notification&utm_campaign=sputnik_inter_en

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10651.jpg

Arab and international

Economy News _ Baghdad

Oil prices continued their gains for a fourth session on Wednesday, supported by oil sector data showing a surprise drop in US crude inventories as geopolitical tensions over the disappearance of a leading Saudi journalist raised concerns about supplies.

By 0648 GMT, the WTI rose 25 cents, or 0.4 percent, to $ 72.17 a barrel after rising 14 cents at the settlement.

London Brent crude <LCOc1> was up 26 cents, or 0.3 percent, at $ 81.67 a barrel, after adding 63 cents to settle at the previous session. The global benchmark, which hit its lowest level in more than two weeks late last week as equity markets plummeted, fell nearly five dollars from a four-year high of $ 86.74 on October 3.

US petroleum inventories published after the settlement on Tuesday showed US oil inventories fell 2.1 million barrels last week, compared to analysts' forecasts for a 2.2 million barrel increase.

US President Donald Trump expressed his support for what Saudi Arabia has said about the disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, although US lawmakers have blamed the Saudi leadership, while Western pressure on Riyadh has increased to provide answers.

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said before leaving the kingdom for Turkey that Saudi Arabia had pledged to conduct a full investigation.

Saudi Arabia could cut oil production by 500,000 barrels per day (bpd) "as a warning bullet if the United States decides to impose any sanctions in response to developments in Khashoggi's case," Ritterbusch and Associates chairman Jim Ritterbusch said.

Views 1   Date added 17/10/2018

• Upvote 1

Al-Sadr comments on Khashoggi's disappearance and sends a letter to Trump

11:38 - 16/10/2018

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - 
Sadr's leader Moqtada al-Sadr on Tuesday sent a letter to US President Trump, saying, "Instead of defending Khashoggi, he defended the cries of mothers and children." 
Al-Sadr said in a tweet on Twitter, followed by Mawazine News this evening, "My letter to Trump, and you think that you are a big crime and you are the world's greatest enemy, I am proud to address you, but, killing a man in the forest of crime is unforgivable. "He said. 
"Instead of filling the world with your petty cries for Khashoggi, who is not to be a citizen of US nationality, and instead of demanding an investigation for what he has done, you have to examine your view, perhaps see what happens in Yemen, Bahrain, Syria, Myanmar and Libya. And Afrika and Wo .. has been filled with graves and crushed by wars and tainted epidemics. "
"You have to check your ears well when you are deaf. You may hear the screams of children, the mothers' mothers, the wounded, and even hear the sound of guns pounding their homes and the whizzing of airplanes that bomb their markets and their simple living." 
"You have to defend yourself if you consider yourself a global leader and I am yours. You have to defend journalists who write about the suffering of Third World countries as you and the developed countries call it," he said. 
He added that "this gives you the right to ignore them at times and defend the Americans only at other times, and even occupy their countries under the pretext of flimsy here and there and set up the rules in which you live, You are free from poverty and deprivation, so you are a fool. "
"Do not ask yourself, what is the fate of your people in the midst of your control over the countries and their occupation?" You have to pay attention to the poor of your country, the ravages of the country, the disintegration it will cause or the disaster that will destroy it, as the towers of world trade have destroyed, both your support for others, Without looking at what is happening around you in the world and because of you and your predecessors this is a great injustice and will give you the promise of the oppressed days and nights when it is regrettable. " 
"Reform your country and let us reform our countries and peoples, and we will not have any religion. We have religion and religion." 
Ended 
m h n

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, yota691 said:

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - 
Sadr's leader Moqtada al-Sadr on Tuesday sent a letter to US President Trump, saying, "Instead of defending Khashoggi, he defended the cries of mothers and children." 
Al-Sadr said in a tweet on Twitter, followed by Mawazine News this evening, "My letter to Trump, and you think that you are a big crime and you are the world's greatest enemy, I am proud to address you, but, killing a man in the forest of crime is unforgivable. "He said. 
"Instead of filling the world with your petty cries for Khashoggi, who is not to be a citizen of US nationality, and instead of demanding an investigation for what he has done, you have to examine your view, perhaps see what happens in Yemen, Bahrain, Syria, Myanmar and Libya. And Afrika and Wo .. has been filled with graves and crushed by wars and tainted epidemics. "
"You have to check your ears well when you are deaf. You may hear the screams of children, the mothers' mothers, the wounded, and even hear the sound of guns pounding their homes and the whizzing of airplanes that bomb their markets and their simple living." 
"You have to defend yourself if you consider yourself a global leader and I am yours. You have to defend journalists who write about the suffering of Third World countries as you and the developed countries call it," he said. 
He added that "this gives you the right to ignore them at times and defend the Americans only at other times, and even occupy their countries under the pretext of flimsy here and there and set up the rules in which you live, You are free from poverty and deprivation, so you are a fool. "
"Do not ask yourself, what is the fate of your people in the midst of your control over the countries and their occupation?" You have to pay attention to the poor of your country, the ravages of the country, the disintegration it will cause or the disaster that will destroy it, as the towers of world trade have destroyed, both your support system" rel="">support for others, Without looking at what is happening around you in the world and because of you and your predecessors this is a great injustice and will give you the promise of the oppressed days and nights when it is regrettable. " 
"Reform your country and let us reform our countries and peoples, and we will not have any religion. We have religion and religion." 
Ended 
m h n

And Sadr is the man who is creating/constructing the Iraqi Government........God help us all..........just gets crazier every day!!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, yota691 said:

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - 
"Do not ask yourself, what is the fate of your people in the midst of your control over the countries and their occupation?" You have to pay attention to the poor of your country, the ravages of the country, the disintegration it will cause or the disaster that will destroy it, as the towers of world trade have destroyed, both your support system" rel="">support for others, Without looking at what is happening around you in the world and because of you and your predecessors this is a great injustice and will give you the promise of the oppressed days and nights when it is regrettable. " 
Ended 
m h n

I'm left without words after reading this tirade from this ungrateful SOB.   

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Another leader who should not be on Twitter.  Hey Sadr, If you are so worried about your poor people why don’t you give their money some real value instead of ripping off the country’s oil wealth.  What are you doing to provide water and electricity to the people of Basara.  Get off the damn Twitter and go to work to make your country better.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

Evangelical Christian leader Pat Robertson called this week for Americans to “cool the rhetoric” on Saudi Arabia over the apparent killing of U.S. resident Jamal Khashoggi because the Middle Eastern nation is an ally and has a lucrative arms deal with the United States.

Khashoggi, a Saudi citizen and Washington Post contributor, is believed to have been killed by Saudi operatives in the Saudi Consulate in Istanbul. He entered the building on Oct. 2 to pick up a document certifying his divorce so he could remarry. He has not been seen since.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) has called for the United States to “sanction the hell out of Saudi Arabia.” The Middle Eastern kingdom has warned that it will retaliate if sanctions are put in place.

“I just want to cool down the temper of those who are screaming blood for the Saudis,” Robertson said on his “700 Club” program Monday. “Look, these people are key allies. Our main enemy in the Middle East is Iran, and the Saudis stand up against Iran.”

He added: “I don’t think on this issue that we need to pull sanctions and get tough. I just think it’s a mistake.”

Citing the $110 billion U.S.-Saudi arms deal, of which only $14.5 billion is finalized, he said, “It’ll be a lot of money coming to our coffers, and it’s not something that you want to blow up willy-nilly.”

On Tuesday, Robertson elaborated on his comments, saying: “We’ve got to cool the rhetoric, and what the president is trying to do is to give the Saudis an out.”

He said that with more than $100 billion in arms sales in play and with Saudi Arabia being “a bulwark against Iran,” now is not the time to alienate a Middle Eastern ally.

“You don’t blow up an international alliance over one person,” he said. 

Robertson’s comments stand in sharp contrast to his position on Turkey after Pastor Andrew Brunson, an American citizen, was arrested in October 2016. Robertson called for the United States to “get tough” against Turkey over Brunson’s detention. Robertson even suggested that sanctions would an appropriate measure.

Brunson was released on Oct. 12

https://www.yahoo.com/news/evangelical-leader-pat-robertson-saudi-003944218.html

Worried about arms sales? A man of God? I think not.

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Turkish newspaper Yeni Shafak publishes new information on the Khashoggi case

Turkish police searching for the body of Khashoggi

18102018164895bc87f9dd43750d94b8b4628.JPG

2 hours ago

View

Save

Share1

+ -

Digital Media

Turkish police have begun searching in three areas where cars belonging to the Saudi consulate in Istanbul have gone missing and missing the night of the disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi , Turkish newspaper Yeni Shafak reported on Thursday .

The newspaper quoted in its issue of October 18, 2018 sources Turkish police said that the movement of the 16 cars that left the Saudi consulate in Istanbul was intended to mislead .

The security services maintain strict control of the areas in which the inspection is being carried out, although they indicate that they are located in the forests of Belgrade and the Bicent area of Istanbul as well as the neighboring city of Yelwa. The police believe that these areas are related to the disappearance of the Saudi journalist .

Police are currently searching for the body of Khashoggi, who is believed to have been killed and his body taken care of .

Police sources believe the fate of the body is known to Saudi officer Maher Abdul Aziz, who is believed to be the leader of the Saudi team suspected of firing the journalist .

http://www.nrttv.com/AR/News.aspx?id=5569&amp;MapID=3

• Upvote 1

One of Khashoggi's suspected killers reportedly died in a car crash on return to Saudi Arabia

Business Insider
ALEX LOCKIE
Oct 18th 2018 1:29PM
  • One of the men named by pro-government Turkish media as one of 15 suspects in the alleged murder of Saudi critic Jamal Khashoggi has reportedly died in a car accident.
  • Mashal Saad al-Bostani of the Saudi Royal Air Forces had reportedly been en route to Saudi Arabia.
  • The report comes from a pro-Turkish government source that has had a lot of scoops from anonymous Turkish officials on the Khashoggi case.
  • Turkish officials have leaked intelligence to Turkish and US publications, but have apparently not provided key evidence to US intelligence services.
  • Saudi Arabia is known for its exceptionally high rate of car accidents and fatalities. 

Mashal Saad al-Bostani of the Saudi Royal Air Forces, who was named by pro-government Turkish media as one of 15 suspects in the alleged murder of Saudi critic Jamal Khashoggi, has reportedly died in a car accident on return to the kingdom.

An article titled "Riyadh Silenced Someone" on Yeni Safak, a Turkish newspaper that strongly supports Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, cited anonymous sources as saying Bostani died in a car crash, without giving a specific time or location.

Yeni Safak has proven a major voice in coverage of Khashoggi's disappearance, with daily scoops from unnamed Turkish officials giving gory details to what they allege was a murder within the Saudi consulate on October 2.

Saudi Arabia flatly denies any knowledge of Khashoggi's whereabouts or disappearance, but US intelligence officials have started to echo the view that the prominent Saudi critic, who recently took residence in the US, was murdered.

Slideshow preview image

18 PHOTOS
Missing journalist Jamal Khashoggi
SEE GALLERY

In particular, Yeni Safak has reported having a audio tape of Khashoggi's murder, but Turkish intelligence has not turned over the tape to the US. The US and Turkey are NATO allies with extensive intelligence-sharing agreements. 

"We have asked for it, if it exists," Trump said of the tape on Wednesday. "I'm not sure yet that it exists, probably does, possibly does."

Turkey has also become possibly the world's biggest jailer of journalists with few independent voices left in its media scene. 

"Let's be honest," Democrat Senator Chris Murphy of Connecticut told Business Insider on Wednesday, "the Turks have leaked some pretty serious allegations through the press that they have not been willing to make public. There are not a lot of clean hands."

AdChoices

"We should acknowledge that most of what we know is through leaks from the Turkish government," he continued. "At some point the Turks have to give us exactly what they have instead of leaking all of this to the press."

The Daily Beast on Tuesday cited "sources familiar with the version of events circulating throughout diplomatic circles in Washington" as saying Saudi Arabia would try to pin the murder of Khashoggi on "a Saudi two-star general new to intelligence work."

This holds with President Donald Trump's suggestion that "rogue killers" took out Khashoggi, and not the Saudi monarchy itself.

CNN and The New York Times on Monday also reported that Saudi Arabia was preparing an alibi that would acknowledge Khashoggi was killed. 

But to date, no Saudi alibi has emerged. After a trip to Saudi Arabia, US Secretary of State said that the Saudis didn't want to discuss the facts of the case, but that they would conduct an investigation and hold any guilty parties accountable. 

Saudi Arabia is known for its exceptionally high rate of car accidents and fatalities.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I am getting the Feeling that Khashoggi wasn't on everyone's Christmas mailing List and there is more to this story than what is surfacing.

It has been said he had ties to Bin Laden,  some sort of connection to Illegal Arms Trafficking, Muslim Brotherhood, Cousin to Dodi Fayed who was killed with Princess Diana......

Sorta sounds like someone had him shut up before he could talk.....We will need to see how this plays out.

Just sayin but it is starting to sound like a C Family Cover Up but the Victim didn't Suicide Himself this time......This one was to send a Message loud and clear.

Karsten

• Upvote 2

Cousin to Dodi Fayed who was killed with Princess Diana......

End Quote

With all the due respect....While of course anything could be.....I humbly recall that Mr Fayed was an Egyptian while Mr Kashoggi was a Saudi....

Again...Anything could be....Including the fact the Saudi PTB simply opted for killing him and get rid once and for all of someone asking for more democracy and transparency in the Kingdom...Just saying....

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Per Pat Robertson :

“You don’t blow up an international alliance over one person,” he said.

I have to disagree with Mr. Robertson.

If one American is harmed we as a nation should be calling for blood and we send in the Marines to take care of business.

Scorched Earth policy to show them "Don't screw with our citizens". 

A few of those events and we would have a better diplomacy with these countries. 

• Upvote 3

Take a moment and think about this logically..... You have a Saudi embassy on Turkish soil...... Obviously wired illegally so everything in the embassy could be recorded by the Turks..... Like the Saudis didn't know this was the way it was..... Then you have this hit squad walk through the airport with all the surveillance...... Undoubtedly they would know they had all been identified........ Then they go to this embassy walk in through surveillance being identified....... Then supposedly kill  this man...... In the midst of the employees that would work at the embassy....... Then carry him out in pieces...... In bags or suitcases...... And  Fly away..... Then you have the whole family history....... Which has been outlined in other threads..... And yes he was a reporter although that was not his full time livelihood...... So who stands to gain in this situation....... Is it all about oil prices....... Is it about making Trump look weak..... Perhaps affecting the mid term elections........ Perhaps this a gentleman needed to disappear and this is all a ruse...... Would anyone think the Saudi hierarchy would be so stupid as to do this in this manner....... I believe there is far more to this story..... And in time we will learn all the facts......CL

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

I have to disagree with Mr. Robertson.

If one American is harmed we as a nation should be calling for blood and we send in the Marines to take care of business.

Scorched Earth policy to show them "Don't screw with our citizens". 

A few of those events and we would have a better diplomacy with these countries. 

Let's have some proof......perhaps this arms dealer just needed to vanish....not buying any of it.....logically none of this adds up?......JMO.....CL

Edited by coorslite21
  • Upvote 1

We need to send our crack forensic teams from NCSI, Miami CSI, NY CSI, and CSI from Las Vegas to find out what happened.  I’m with you CL, something doesn’t add up.  If that man was butchered in the Consulates Office there would be traces of DNA all over the room it took place in.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, coorslite21 said:

Take a moment and think about this logically..... You have a Saudi embassy on Turkish soil...... Obviously wired illegally so everything in the embassy could be recorded by the Turks..... Like the Saudis didn't know this was the way it was..... Then you have this hit squad walk through the airport with all the surveillance...... Undoubtedly they would know they had all been identified........ Then they go to this embassy walk in through surveillance being identified....... Then supposedly kill  this man...... In the midst of the employees that would work at the embassy....... Then carry him out in pieces...... In bags or suitcases...... And  Fly away..... Then you have the whole family history....... Which has been outlined in other threads..... And yes he was a reporter although that was not his full time livelihood...... So who stands to gain in this situation....... Is it all about oil prices....... Is it about making Trump look weak..... Perhaps affecting the mid term elections........ Perhaps this a gentleman needed to disappear and this is all a ruse...... Would anyone think the Saudi hierarchy would be so stupid as to do this in this manner....... I believe there is far more to this story..... And in time we will learn all the facts......CL

And that's why I call you the Professor. 

What everyone is forgetting is that ALL of the information we have comes from Turkey. A nation that has put over 17 journalists in Prison. A nation that has recently been forced to release a Christian Pastor BY PRESIDENT TRUMP. And as if all of that wasn't enough the missing person is a member of the the Muslim Brotherhood. Hardly a Saint. What I suggest everyone do is hold EVERYTHING the media says in total disbelief. This story is PURE B.S.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, umbertino said:

..I humbly recall that Mr Fayed was an Egyptian while Mr Kashoggi was a Saudi....

I had heard that there was a relationship somewhere as well, cousins or something.

1 hour ago, coorslite21 said:

I agree with you on this. Does not pass the smell test.

• Upvote 1

Putin chooses not to harm Saudi Arabia and awaits Khashoggi's case

Putin chooses not to harm Saudi Arabia and awaits Khashoggi's case

Twilight News    
 3 hours ago

Twilight News / Russian President Vladimir Putin stressed that it is not permissible to harm relations with Saudi Arabia before the end of the investigation of the Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi 's disappearance in Turkey earlier this month. 
He asked Putin, in a speech today during the forum "Valdai" plenary meeting of the International Dialogue which opened in Sochi: "How can we harm our relations with Saudi Arabia without the knowledge of what actually happened?". 
The Russian president said that no point in taking steps that will hurt relations with Riyadh before the end of the investigation of the case, calling on those who believe that Khashoggi was assassinated by providing evidence to prove it, so that Russia is acting accordingly. 
The Russian president added that the journalist disappeared, as envisioned, Mentm, to some extent, for the elite Saudi Arabia or linked in one way or another with the ruling circles in the Kingdom, stressing that it is difficult now to talk about what happened to Khashoggi.
Putin pointed out that the complex operations are taking place within the American elite as well, and expressed the hope that things in the United States to the level of Khashoggi. 
The Russian president held Washington responsible for the disappearance of Khashoggi on October 2, after entering the consulate of Riyadh in Istanbul, being a resident of the United States. 
Putin compared Khashoggi's disappearance to the Scrippel case and urged the international community to come up with common approaches to dealing with such issues. 
Putin noted that Western countries had imposed "artificial pretexts" on Moscow for using chemical weapons in the alleged poisoning of former Russian intelligence officer Sergey Scrippal and his daughter Yulia in Salisbury, Britain, March 4, without giving any evidence.
The President continued: " I did not put any evidence to prove the involvement of Russia in the case, but the punitive measures taken .. And now talk that the assassination operation carried out in Istanbul , but without taking any steps. You must put uniform approaches for dealing with such issues." 
The latest disappearance Khashoggi after entering the Saudi consulate building in Istanbul, in the second of this month, resonated in the world, where Saudi officials say the contractor that the journalist with the newspaper "Washington Post" left the US consulate shortly after entering. 
For its part, "The Washington Post" reported that some Turkish officials have told their American counterparts that they have audio and video recordings prove the murder of journalist inside the consulate building, which Saudi authorities have categorically denied. 
Turkish parties cooperate in the investigation and the Saudi case, where investigators inspected the Turkish consulate building and the residence of the Saudi consul in Istanbul.

Keywords: 

• Upvote 1

Ankara: We have evidence and confirmed information in the case of Khashoggi's disappearance and we will reveal it to the world

14:10 - 19/10/2018

%D8%AE%D8%A7%D8%B4%D9%82%D8%AC%D9%8A-3-6

Information / Baghdad ..

Turkish Foreign Minister Mouloud Gawishoglu confirmed that Ankara has obtained evidence and confirmed information in the investigation into the disappearance of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

In a press statement during his visit to Albania, Gawishoglu pledged to reveal the results of the investigation of the case to the world in a transparent manner.

The Turkish Foreign Minister also denied that the Turkish authorities had handed over any audio recordings related to the case of Khashoggi, to his American counterpart Mike Pompeo or any other US official, contrary to what was reported in the media in this regard.

Khashoggi's disappearance after entering the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on February 2 has resonated widely in the world, with Saudi officials saying the US-based freelance journalist left the consulate shortly after entering.

For its part, The Washington Post reported that some Turkish officials told their American counterparts that they have audio and video recordings proving the assassination of the journalist inside the consulate building, which was categorically denied by the Saudi authorities.

The Turkish and Saudi sides are cooperating in the investigation. The Turkish investigators searched the consular building and residence of the Saudi consul in Istanbul.

https://www.almaalomah.com/2018/10/19/355896/

• Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Saudi Arabia recognizes the killing of Khashoggi and excludes senior officials from their posts