Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump considers the Federal Reserve "the biggest threat" to his presidency

Trump considers the Federal Reserve "the biggest threat" to his presidency

image.JPG

Source:

• (AFP)
History: 17 October 2018

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - US President Donald Trump said the biggest threat to his presidency of the United States was the interest rate policy set by the US Federal Reserve.

"The biggest threat to me is the Federal Reserve," Trump said in a television interview with Fox Business Network. "The board is raising interest very quickly and it is too independent."

The council has raised its interest rate three times this year and is expected to raise it for a fourth time at its scheduled meeting in December, according to its plan last year. The Board also intends to continue to increase interest rates over the next two years.

The recent increase in US interest rates last September raised these prices to between 2% and 2.25% due to the strength of US labor market conditions as inflation rose.

Trump says the Federal Reserve is out of control and interest rates are rising at a "faster pace than many people have expected, including myself."

Rising interest rates mean higher US public debt costs and could hurt consumers as a result of rising borrowing costs to fund their major purchases such as cars and housing.

At the same time, Trump criticizes the current chairman of the Federal Reserve, "Jerome Powell," although he is the one who chose him for the post. Trump said he was not thinking of isolating him.

Trump acknowledged that the Federal Reserve is an independent entity. "It's independent so I'm not talking to him, but I'm not happy with what he's doing because he's moving too fast."

Trump stressed that there is no need to increase interest rates now because the current inflation rate in the United States is low.

Last week, Trump accused the Federal Reserve of responsibility for the large sell-off of shares, leading to a major drop in stock exchanges. The three main indexes of US stocks recovered yesterday most of their losses and ended trading on a rise of more than 2%.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

The Federal Reserve and the Central Banking System have created $275 Trillion in World Wide Debt....They are the Biggest threat to the World, US,Trump.....and you and me.....CL

So true. What many don't know is the federal reserve has nothing to do with the federal government really. We need to get rid of it and let things go back to the US Treasury.

• Thanks 2