Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Cut Internet service in the whole of Iraq without knowing the reasons

Butifldrm

110950.jpg?width=750&&height=375

2018/10/14 12:19
  • Number of readings 85
  • Section: Iraq
  •  

Cut Internet service in the whole of Iraq without knowing the reasons

BAGHDAD / MESSALA: The Internet service was cut across Iraq on Sunday, without knowing the reasons.  
The pieces raised the dissatisfaction of many citizens and business owners whose work is connected to the Internet service. The loss of service has caused losses to a number of these companies. 

There was no official clarification on the subject.

Follow the obelisk

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/153000/قطع-خدمة-الانترنت-في-عموم-العراق-دون-معرفة-الاسباب

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5

Communications issues clarification on Internet service cuts

13:30 - 14/10/2018

%D8%A7%D9%86%D8%AA%D8%B1%D9%86%D8%AA-696

Information / Baghdad ..

The Ministry of Communications announced on Sunday the cut off of Internet service in all of Iraq in conjunction with the exams of the third round of the middle and middle stage.

The ministry said in a statement that it "announces to government institutions and citizens the suspension of internet service in conjunction with the exams of the third round of the intermediate and preparatory stages from 11 am to 1 pm."

The statement added that "the pieces were taken from Sunday 14/10/2018 until Wednesday, 24/10/2018, and at the request of the Ministry of Education will be stopped Internet service for the days of examinations exclusively."

https://www.almaalomah.com/2018/10/14/354256/

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

My grand daughter has a math test tomorrow. So the whole of the USA will be without internet. Sorry to all you Amazon and Wayfair shoppers. And Luigi. He will have to get his intel by carrier pigeon. LOL.

:lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 1

Iraqi society announces cutting off internet for one hour for 10 days

Iraq announces cutting off internet for one hour for 10 days

Twilight News    

one hour ago

Shafaq News / The Iraqi Ministry of Communications announced cutting off the Internet service for one hour because of the exams of the third round of intermediate and intermediate stages. 
Said Hazem Mohammed Ali , spokesman for the ministry, "said the pieces would be twelve o'clock noon to one o'clock in the afternoon for only one hour starting on Sunday , a brief summary of 14/10/2018 until Wednesday , 10.24.2018. 
He added that the pieces are As requested by the Ministry of Education and the suspension of service will be for exam days exclusively.

Keywords: 
  • Upvote 1

It's not quite time for the RV or the RI ....... But I do think this has more to it then just the exams . Education is important but you don't sacrifice the livelihood of businesses of ALL Iraq when you are doing everything to launch businesses in your country . They done this in the past but they announced it a week or so in advance.  This is strange

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

48 minutes ago, blueskyline said:

It's not quite time for the RV or the RI ....... But I do think this has more to it then just the exams . Education is important but you don't sacrifice the livelihood of businesses of ALL Iraq when you are doing everything to launch businesses in your country . They done this in the past but they announced it a week or so in advance.  This is strange

I agree, Blueskyline.  It's very strange to make an announcement that the internet will be cut off an hour a day for 11 days in a row.

The reason they give is especially ridiculous.  Also, I don't know what their schedules are like in Iraq, but in this country noon to 1:00 p.m. is lunch time.  And another thing, if their "weekend" is supposedly Friday and Saturday, who is taking tests when there is no school?

I think something is up!

• Upvote 8

Botz. Good Evening . Its been about a week and a half since they began telling us about the release and pictures of the lower notes . The 250 and the 500 . Then I guess they started speaking of the 1000 note . I feel they are still educating the citizens on the notes they are releasing. There was an article that mention coins . Will the CBI show us the new Fils (coins) next ? I don't know . But it seems that they are releasing more an more information as the days go by . I guess they could immediately rv/ri . I just feel they are still education the citizens first . I would like not to believe the RV/RI is next year . Sometime this year would be amazing for me . I'm trying to keep my dinar goggles away from the actions of them disconnecting the internet . I don't believe the disconnection is for the purpose of the exam 

• Upvote 5

iraq has done this for three ( 3 ) years during test times in schools somehow the phones are used to copy and paste test online to Fb is how i understand , idk but why not just stop phone usage at testing sites but hey nothing they do makes much sense to me ... here is one older news article that talks about it there are others also , when this surfaced again i thought i had remembered this being an issue ... cheers dv we wait 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/algeria-iraq-shut-down-internet-students-cheating-exams-facebook-a8410341.html

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, blueskyline said:

Botz. Good Evening . Its been about a week and a half since they began telling us about the release and pictures of the lower notes . The 250 and the 500 . Then I guess they started speaking of the 1000 note . I feel they are still educating the citizens on the notes they are releasing. There was an article that mention coins . Will the CBI show us the new Fils (coins) next ? I don't know . But it seems that they are releasing more an more information as the days go by . I guess they could immediately rv/ri . I just feel they are still education the citizens first . I would like not to believe the RV/RI is next year . Sometime this year would be amazing for me . I'm trying to keep my dinar goggles away from the actions of them disconnecting the internet . I don't believe the disconnection is for the purpose of the exam 

Partially agree, I don’t think they are ready and certainly won’t rush it, I just can’t see it..saying this though ..Iraq has always printed and released new currency and new versions in the month of September and October, except for them taking out the 50 iqd from circulation, so there is time for the lower denoms to pop out, I certainly want it now or anytime this year would be great but am very cautious, been in the investment way to long to get excited...I am here until the end no matter how long it takes.

• Upvote 3

122346.jpg?width=750&&height=375

2018/10/15 18:33
  • Number of readings 37
  •  
  •  

Digital Media Center: The decision to cut the Internet does not prevent leaking ministerial questions

The decision to cut the Internet at the request of the Ministry of Education for an hour because of the exams of the third round does not prevent the sending or circulation of questions, as does not prevent citizens inside Iraq from connecting to the Internet during the cutting .

"Massila" publishes the text of the Center's statement:

Although the Internet is disconnected from citizens, government institutions and companies, it is still possible to connect to the Internet away from the control of the Ministry of Communications by satellite and using the VSAT system,  which is available in the Iraqi market with the participation of one of the satellites, which can feed Internet towers and cover a certain geographical area.

After every internet firefighting process, the service provided to citizens is flawed because of the need for companies to re-route the IP protocols used in the data exchange process.

The center emphasizes the blocking of the Internet as a non-radical solution, so its negative consequences are more than the positives. The mid-day Internet cut, which is considered a peak time, has hindered the interests of many companies, travel offices, financial transfer and banking. Repeated pieces delay the entry of technology companies to Iraq because of their knowledge that the Internet within the country is always interrupted for political or educational reasons, and made the international development reports development in the service of the Internet cause of the development of domestic output, as every 10% increase in the prevalence of high-speed Internet contribute to increasing Domestic GDP increased by 1.2 % .

Even without subscribing to VSAT services, it is possible to receive questions or other data anywhere in the world free of charge through a one-way broadcast, which can be handled by satellite devices deployed in the Iraqi market, as well as that the service does not stop in the Kurdistan region, For neighboring governorates wirelessly.

Citizens paid wages for the hours of cutting, but it is surprising that they are not compensated for the cutting hours and four years ago.

Follow the obelisk

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/153132/مركز-الاعلام-الرقمي-قرار-قطع-الانترنت-لا-يمنع-تسريب-الاسئلة-الوزارية

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

110950.jpg?width=750&&height=375

2018/11/16 09:50
  • Number of readings 101
  •  

Iraq ranks first among the world's most Internet-bound countries

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraq has occupied the first rank of the Arab world in terms of Internet disruptions, according to data published by Access Now , which provides studies and facts about the service, while Egypt ranked third.

"India saw 154 Internet segments between January 2016 and May 2018 and ranked first in the world, causing heavy economic losses," according to Now Access, which was quoted by News Vice .

She pointed out that "in many countries, the reasons for the disruption as precautionary measures for some things, such as electoral processes, examination periods and threats to national security and rumors and others.

In other respects, disruption is associated only with services, applications and sites, and the cause is sometimes associated with technical difficulties. She pointed out that "Syria and Iraq occupied the first places in the Arab world with a lot of cases of disruption of the Internet, while Egypt ranked third Arab and tenth world by only 3 pieces.

Follow the obelisk - agencies

• Upvote 1