Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Atlanta men convicted of fraud in $600M currency exchange case

bostonangler

People honestly think they will wake up millionaires. Lets see how many “pumpers” “people with knowledge” will come forward now. Everyone knew from the beginning this was happening. Only those less fortunate actually believed them..I bought my dinar in country. Ive held it as a just in case. I occasionally check this site to read the news. Ive said from the beginning someone should hold these people accountable...So my last statement. They were proven frauds by encouraging people to buy dinar with little to no hope on a return of their investment..Does that mean the FBI will release them if there was an RV? That they actually made money making people millionaires. Something doesnt add up.

Edited by Soldier13
  • Confused 2
  • Downvote 4

7 minutes ago, Soldier13 said:

People honestly think they will wake up millionaires. Lets see how many “pumpers” “people with knowledge” will come forward now. Everyone knew from the beginning this was happening. Only those less fortunate actually believed them..I bought my dinar in country. Ive held it as a just in case. I occasionally check this site to read the news. Ive said from the beginning someone should hold these people accountable...So my last statement. They were proven frauds by encouraging people to buy dinar with little to no hope on a return of their investment..Does that mean the FBI will release them if there was an RV? That they actually made money making people millionaires. Something doesnt add up.

No they won't be released.  If you read the case against them, it was because people bought 30 or 60 day reserves (or something like that) because Sterling's "Gurus" said the Dinar will revalue within a certain period of time.  Believing this, the people lost their "reserve money".

Those Sterling guys are really bad guys.  They need to stay in jail.

• Thanks 6
  • Upvote 6

It has been repeated on this board for years that this is speculation and there are no guarantees. I have been here since 2009. I hope for an RV. I wouldn't be here if I didn't. But, look back over the years and several times it's been said there's no guarantee as to if and when it would happen.

Seriously, who or when was it said this would definitely happen?????

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

... not sure about waking up an instant millionaire but that does have a nice ring to it , but spent many a hour before buying years ago researching the iqd currency history for all the years leading up to saddam's invasion of kuwait with a long history of a powerful currency, the iqd i possess is the legit currency of a sovereign country ..... hope springs eternal  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Just a little inside info here.. It seems that the sterling group was looking at ways for people to be able to cash in over seas, and thus they wouldnt have to pay as much taxes..seems the fbi didnt like that too much..For what its worth Robert Hoffman the head of xchanges of america came out on a conference call within days of sterling groups arrests and calmed the masses saying that no matter who you bought it from that they would exchange for anyone. They did a long question and answer segment and i heard him say myself in an answer to someone  that was he truly believed the dinar would revalue. Its seems most dealers are leaving and to me i get a feeling that this is being kind of pushed or herded to one dealer. Robert Hoffman has made the same claims and he is not in jail. Has he paid anyone to push the dinar , that i could not tell you , but he does or at least did advertise on sites and calls. Robert Hoffman also does alot of business in the middle east and his partner is a big wig ex military guy. ;)

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

CNN. Broadcasting From Behind Bars ! Bartender - Gimme A Double !

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/atlanta-men-convicted-iraqi-currency-scheme-that-made-millions/TnZKdwcZ3sknlU4XRkvcGN/

3 Atlanta men convicted in Iraqi currency scheme that made millions

12 hours ago
By  Becca J. G. Godwin, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
More

Atlanta-area men who made millions by selling foreign currencies have been convicted on charges they schemed to defraud investors, federal prosecutors said Wednesday.

Sterling Currency Group co-owners Tyson Rhame and James Shaw and Sterling COO Frank Bell were convicted of mail and wire fraud conspiracy and multiple counts of mail and wire fraud. Rhame and Bell were also convicted of making false statements to federal law enforcement agents. 

The men were convicted by a federal jury following a five-week trial. 

Evidence showed the defendants made investors believe they would get rich by investing in the Iraqi dinar because it was about to revalue. Such a revaluation did not come. 

Sterling grossed more than $600 million in revenue from the sale of the Iraqi dinar and other currencies, while Rhame and Shaw received more than $180 million in distributions between 2010 and 2015, a news release said.

Records showed Rhame and Shaw had mansions, luxury cars and property along the Florida panhandle. According to emails cited in a complaint in U.S. District Court in Atlanta, the men knew they were committing a crime. 

“We are risking serious jail time as promoters of a Ponzi scheme…” James Shaw wrote Rhame in a 2010 email. Shaw also said in the email that his wife had been “very nervous” and “crying” because “she knows we are running an illegal operation.”

Rhame, 53, and Shaw, 55, both of Atlanta, and Bell, 55, of Decatur, were acquitted of money laundering charges. A fourth defendant, Terrence Keller, was acquitted of all charges at trial. 

Staff writer Willoughby Mariano contributed to this story.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

I wish the FEDS would go after TNT and The Big Call Bruce. They've made the same claims for years. TerryK going free must have a back story. He stated years ago, around the time of Sterling indictment, that Rhame paid him to fabricate stories and intel (like the kind L***i brings to rumors) then received some kind of monetary 'bump' based on how much IQD sales spiked. Glad I found a site that provides real news.

:twothumbs:

• Upvote 2

I also agree there never was a guarantee on our investment nor the success of Iraq as a whole. But I can't question the United States commitment to Iraq being a success. I will continue to bet on the commitment of United States . Iraqs reforms including there monetary system are a part of that commitment. That Bet ..... https://securityassistance.org/fact_sheet/us-security-cooperation-iraq-timeline-2003-2018..........

Home1

U.S. Security Cooperation with Iraq: A Timeline from 2003 to 2018SHARE THIS /

A project of the Center for International Policy
2000 M Street NW, Suite 720, Washington, DC 20036
(202) 232-3317 | www.ciponline.org
CIP_logo.png
In cooperation with our partner organizations:
FCNL_logo.png
LAWG_logo2.png
pomed_scaled.png
WOLA_logo.png

• Upvote 1

Disclaimer: The information and content provided above is the opinion of Adam Montana, and is being provided for entertainment purposes only. Neither Adam Montana nor dinarvets.com assumes, and hereby disclaims, any liability to any party for the content or information herein, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided. Taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. The information is not financial, legal or other advice and is not intended as a substitute for the advice of qualified professional advisors. Before taking any action you should consult with your own financial advisors, attorneys and other professionals. 

look in the Chat forum but there may be others.

2 hours ago, cjh said:

Disclaimer: The information and content provided above is the opinion of Adam Montana, and is being provided for entertainment purposes only. Neither Adam Montana nor dinarvets.com assumes, and hereby disclaims, any liability to any party for the content or information herein, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided. Taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. The information is not financial, legal or other advice and is not intended as a substitute for the advice of qualified professional advisors. Before taking any action you should consult with your own financial advisors, attorneys and other professionals. 

look in the Chat forum but there may be others.

Your point?