Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Taylor Swift gets credit for spike in voter registration

Look what Taylor Swift made people do.

Following the singer’s first political statement, voter registration nationwide and in her home state of Tennessee has seen a significant increase.

A spokesperson for Vote.org tells Yahoo Entertainment the site has seen more than 105,000 new registrations since Sunday evening, when Swift’s post went up and pointed to the site. For comparison, on average it has received about 1,000 new registrations a day in 2018.

17287ab68f758115c3b8a5272b47ce0c Taylor Swift performs during her “Reputation” tour at Hard Rock Stadium on Aug. 18, 2018, in Miami Gardens, Fla. (Photo: mpi04/MediaPunch /IPX/AP Images)

The highest number of new registrations came from people in the 18-24 age range, with 44,801. Here is the full breakdown by age group:

18-24: 44,801
25-29: 19,838
30-39: 18,119
40-49: 8,142
50-59: 6,723
60-69: 4,915
70+: 2,465

In Swift’s home state of Tennessee — where the singer hopes Democratic candidates Phil Bredesen for Senate and Jim Cooper for the House of Representatives win — Vote.org has 5,183 new registrations in October so far, with 2,144 from the last 36 hours. By comparison, there were 2,811 in all of September.

Swift’s political post, which cited the reasons she doesn’t want Marsha Blackburn to win the Senate seat, was criticized by President Trump on Monday. “Let’s say that I like Taylor’s music about 25 percent less now, okay?” was his response to reporters after he was told she wasn’t backing Blackburn. He added that Blackburn “is doing a very good job now in Tennessee,” and said she’s “leading now substantially” in the polls, “which she should.” Adding: “I’m sure Taylor Swift doesn’t know anything about her.”

data_3_0.jpg?s=b1ab41a2c4a8309b2be2f1c2690d6f59&c=8b37da6233021a53f09a18b2bfc0ed3e&a=reuters&mr=0

Trump likes Taylor's music less after she gets political

Taylor Swift's decision to break her silence on politics triggered a storm on Monday, with even U.S. President Donald Trump weighing in on the pop music star's remarks in support of Democrats. Rough Cut (no reporter narration).

Another famous critic was Mike Huckabee, who took a dig at Swift by suggesting her fans were a bunch of 13-year-old girls, years away from the voting age. However, her Swifties, who helped her break attendance records on her current worldwide tour, quickly came to her defense.

On Tuesday night, Swift will open the American Music Awards. It will be her first performance at an awards show in three years.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/taylor-swift-gets-credit-spike-voter-registration-133332621.html

Don't mess with The Swiftys… LOL

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, patrickgold said:

Leave it to the media to insinuate that  Swift was responsible for the increase in voters registration, when in reality it was the Democrats treatment towards Kavanagh that turn the numbers.  America is tired of the Democratic party's tactics.

Very astute observation! 

The LEFT continues to look outside of themselves as a reason for why people would oppose them and what they stand for. To say that there was only one contributing factor to increased voter registration and to ignore what has happened over the past three weeks (Kavanaugh) is wishing for an alternate reality that does not exist.

I feel like the Democrat Party and Liberal media and Academia are repeating the same mistakes of the 2016 election cycle. Wonder what they will do when things don't go according to plan?

Get ready for a bumpy ride, especially after the election. When the actual reality of what is before them finally sets in, the unhinged LEFT will only ratchet things up more, as doubling down on bad logic seems to be the status quo.

giphy.gif

Indy

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Are you guys kidding? Taylor has 86 million followers who have been there since they were 13 year olds. You really don't think she could move the needle? Does it matter if they signed up with an affiliation or as independents? No. What matters is young people just might get out and exercise their right to vote which is a good thing.

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, bostonangler said:

Are you guys kidding? Taylor has 86 million followers who have been there since they were 13 year olds. You really don't think she could move the needle? Does it matter if they signed up with an affiliation or as independents? No. What matters is young people just might get out and exercise their right to vote which is a good thing.

B/A

B/A, you totally miss-understood my point. The article that you posted implies TS is the main contributing factor to the spike in voter registration. If you made this final conclusion in college on a political analysis paper you would get an "F" for at least considering any other factors.

This is akin to how the "Global Warming" argument is made. In all the so called models, none consider the warming/cooling effects of the sun.

Indy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Indraman said:

B/A, you totally miss-understood my point. The article that you posted implies TS is the main contributing factor to the spike in voter registration. If you made this final conclusion in college on a political analysis paper you would get an "F" for not at least considering any of the other factors.

This is akin to how the "Global Warming" argument is made. In all the so called models, none consider the warming/cooling effects of the sun.

Indy

• Thanks 2

Just now, Indraman said:

B/A, you totally miss-understood my point. The article that you posted implies TS is the main contributing factor to the spike in voter registration. If you made this final conclusion in college on a political analysis paper you would get an "F" for at least considering any other factors.

Indy

It does imply that she had an impact. Considering she commented for people to get out and register to vote and the next day there was a surge can been seen as a connection. What other factors contributed the day before the surge? 

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Indraman said:

The registration deadline to vote?

Indy

Yup I'm sure that helped as well... I'm just glad to see young people stepping up... As a country our turn out is pretty bad on average. Hopefully more Americans will take advantage of the privilege afforded to all of us.

B/A

Edited by bostonangler
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, nstoolman1 said:

The Kavenaugh fiasco??? 

I think that was a huge distraction and most people I have talked to about the hearings didn't pay much attention. I don't think the average citizen sat in front of their TVs all day watching. I know I watched very little of the hearings. I was too busy working and there wasn't time. As for the average American, I don't think they tuned in for much of the coverage.

Now if it had been some entertainer or someone like a Kardashian then Americans could not have turned away. That's what most people care about, Reality TV stars, not what's real... JMHO

B/A

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

We paid attention, Independents paid attention, millions of others paid attention and are quite upset at the Absurd reaction of the Democrats.

I don't know, with the new employment numbers I'd say most Americans were working and not tuned into that garbage coming out of D.C.

JMHO

B/A

• Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, Sage449 said:

I'm amazed at how the entertainment industry has so much pull. You'd have to be among the village idiots to follow them or let their opinions matter. Think for yourself, dare to try it. It feels great. 

I think people follower entertainers... Look at our president. A Reality TV star. Who would have ever imagined that? What's next Kim Kardashian and Kanye? It's like we live in The Twilight Zone... LOL

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

More listening than watching, but yeah I am. What da problem is? You don't listen to the radio in yer car?

I knew as a professional driver you wouldn't watch... Glad to hear you take your job and responsibility serious. Kudos.

I know some there some so called professional drivers who shouldn't be given the responsibility...

B/A

• Downvote 2