Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

1 hour ago, Floridian said:

How come there's no new 5,000 note?

"The Central Bank of Iraq issued its second edition of the banknotes of the categories of (25000, 10000, 1000, 500, 250) dinars, stressing that he will continue trading circulation of cash currently traded from the above categories with the new categories without any intention to withdraw from circulation."

That`s an interesting question. Perhaps statistics for the CBI indicate the 5000 is the least  used. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, tigergorzow said:

3n1,  It was stated in the article in clear black & white so let's pray they mean the lower lower LD's notes.

GO RV / RI

no worries guess i missed it ive only seen for months talk of the current crop of denominations not the notes below the 250 , trust me im about as pro exchange rate increase as anyone despite the years of waiting ... all the best 

• Upvote 1

Just now, jmartin1145 said:

Thats not it keylime. I own all the 5000 notes and they know they will get them back soon.

Not all of them. I have a buttload of 5000s myself. And will be more than happy to send them back into circulation soon as the price is right!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

This move by cbi baffles me as well. But it is movement towards changing the banknotes . Iraq is gearing towards joining first world countries who have value to their currency , the euro ,pound ,dollar , canadian dollar , peso , in fact all countries who have access to ATMs .This requires smaller denoms ,100's ,50's and 20's . Security features will go down as the notes go down to lesser denominations . No one ,and I mean no one , can reproduce the security features of the higher notes . It would be absurd to counterfeit these notes as it is easier ,much cheaper , and legal to buy the real notes . Take a look at your 25000k notes under a black light. You will be amazed . The one smart thing that the US did was to pay DeLaRue to produce these notes, which are uncounterfeitable . For those who detect a strange odor from the 25000k's , it's the real oxblood they used for the red. Keep the faith ,dudes . We're coming in like a herd of turtles, but we're coming in !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 8

3n1 here is that article 

Sunday, October 7

Search Bigger

Alsumaria News / Baghdad , the 
central bank issued on Sunday, the second edition of banknotes categories (25000, 10000.1000, 500.250) dinars, adding that trading banknotes will continue now from the above categories with new categories without any intention of withdrawing them. 

The bank shows that the variables on the above categories were as follows: For the categories (25000, 10000, 500, 250) JD, it included writing the name of the governor instead of signing it in the old version, in line with what is currently practiced in other countries, Amend the Hijri and Gregorian dates to the two dates (1440 H-2018 AD).

As the category of (1000) dinars changed the face of the banknote, where the slogan "the inclusion of marshes and the effects of southern Iraq on the list of world heritage," instead of the image of the Islamic dinar in the old design, based on a decision in this regard in addition to writing the name of the governor also instead of signing In the old version and the modification of the Hijri and Gregorian dates to the two dates (1440 H -2018 AD). 

The Central Bank of Iraq announced on October 4, 2018, the launch of large amounts of currency for small groups next week, adding that the groups will include a change

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4

Baghdad / Baghdadiya .. The Central Bank of Iraq issued its second edition of the banknotes of the categories (25000, 10000, 1000, 500, 250) dinars, stressing that he will continue trading circulation of cash currently traded from the above categories with new categories without any intention to withdraw from circulation.

This bank shows that the variables on the above categories were as follows.
For the categories (25000, 10000, 500, 250) JD, it included the writing of the name of the governor instead of signing it in the old version, in line with what is now practiced in other countries. The dates Hijri and Gregorian dates were also amended to date (1440 H-2018 AD).
As the category of (1000) dinars changed the face of the banknote, where the slogan "the inclusion of marshes and the effects of southern Iraq on the list of world heritage," instead of the image of the Islamic dinar in the old design, based on a decision in this regard in addition to writing the name of the governor also instead of signing In the old version and the modification of the Hijri and Gregorian dates to the two dates (1440 H -2018 AD).
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, dinarham said:

This move by cbi baffles me as well. But it is movement towards changing the banknotes . Iraq is gearing towards joining first world countries who have value to their currency , the euro ,pound ,dollar , canadian dollar , peso , in fact all countries who have access to ATMs .This requires smaller denoms ,100's ,50's and 20's . Security features will go down as the notes go down to lesser denominations . No one ,and I mean no one , can reproduce the security features of the higher notes . It would be absurd to counterfeit these notes as it is easier ,much cheaper , and legal to buy the real notes . Take a look at your 25000k notes under a black light. You will be amazed . The one smart thing that the US did was to pay DeLaRue to produce these notes, which are uncounterfeitable . For those who detect a strange odor from the 25000k's , it's the real oxblood they used for the red. Keep the faith ,dudes . We're coming in like a herd of turtles, but we're coming in !

Agreed dinarham - ( what a mix ) -Baffling, Gearing up, ATM's at the ready & . . . the 25k notes are impressive as hell . . . at some point ( hoping ) the herd of Turtles becomes a " Stampede " - I've got a roping horse; wouldn't mind trying my hand at roping a stampeding Turtle. 

Have a great Sunday :tiphat:

4 hours ago, Floridian said:

How come there's no new 5,000 note?

"The Central Bank of Iraq issued its second edition of the banknotes of the categories of (25000, 10000, 1000, 500, 250) dinars, stressing that he will continue trading circulation of cash currently traded from the above categories with the new categories without any intention to withdraw from circulation."

All The Best, Floridian, AND The Best Of Your Remaining Weekend AND Up Coming Week To You!!! :tiphat:

I have a spreadsheet that I periodically update on 10 different licensed internet Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar vendors selling in The United States Of America. Possibly an indicator but there may be some banks not listed that may "sell" IQD in The United States Of America while I may have missed one or more licensed vendors "selling" IQD via the internet.

The 50,000 note has dried up for some time except for one or possibly two vendors. One of these vendors appear to be somewhat less organized on their website and the other one has to have a whole bunch of personal information I would not give the tax organization.

For the circulated and uncirculated 25,000 notes, pretty much available across the board with some limited uncirculated out of stock.

About the same for the 10,,000 notes except many of the vendors that offer the 10,000 note only offer in uncirculated. However, there does appear to be a dry up in some vendors.

About the same for the 5,000 notes except a couple vendors actually are selling the uncirculated whereas for a long time in the past they did not. However, the 5,000 appears to be drying up as well. Since this is not being reissued (at least not now in the articles), I suspect this is a way of getting the note count down even further in Iraq.

For the 1,000, 500, and 250 notes, only one vendor has some 1,000 notes available.

As noted earlier, I look at these sites to notice trends. The nonavailability of the 50,000 notes indicates Iraq has met this part of their goal for reducing the note count with the 50,000 no longer available for the most part in The United States Of America while the CBI announced they were not going the issue the 100,000 note as preiously planned. I am speculating the 5,000 notes being "dumped' in The United States Of America indicate further limited note count reduction since large quantities of notes could only be exchanged for 25,000 and 10,000 if larger notes are desireable. The infusion of the new 1,000, 500, and 250 indicate, to me at least, providing more of an ease of transactions on the streets with crisp newly printed and issued notes. Both ways, the issue of the 25,000, 10,000, 1,000, 500, and 250 notes will purge at least some of the counterfeit notes and pull out worn or damaged notes off the streets and out from under the mattresses for a smoother transition once the "delete the zeroes project" really kicks in. In my opinion, the "deleted the zeroes project" will need to be at least started before the reconstruction, construction, economic development, and foreign investment kicks in. To do that, the CBI will need to move from a "closed economy" with the corrupt week day daily currency auction to an "open economy" with a 24/7 real time transaction with an actual real value of the IQD internationally.

I am not sure (I could be wrong) but the M0 Iraqi Dinar could be both what is and what is not in Iraq.

Just my conjecture, thoughts, opinion and :twocents: for whatever THAT is worth!!! (Hey, I may be a nut job or somethin'!!! I know, I know, Floridian, You mentioned I am not a nut job but, hey, we ALL need to have a little fun here (right?). This is a speculative investment after all so we all need to lighten up so we don't become REAL nut jobs!!! :o)

CAVEAT EMPTOR, Reader!!! :o

In The Mean Time......................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

All The Best, Floridian, AND The Best Of Your Remaining Weekend AND Up Coming Week To You!!! :tiphat:

I have a spreadsheet that I periodically update on 10 different licensed internet Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar vendors selling in The United States Of America. Possibly an indicator but there may be some banks not listed that may "sell" IQD in The United States Of America while I may have missed one or more licensed vendors "selling" IQD via the internet.

The 50,000 note has dried up for some time except for one or possibly two vendors. One of these vendors appear to be somewhat less organized on their website and the other one has to have a whole bunch of personal information I would not give the tax organization.

For the circulated and uncirculated 25,000 notes, pretty much available across the board with some limited uncirculated out of stock.

About the same for the 10,,000 notes except many of the vendors that offer the 10,000 note only offer in uncirculated. However, there does appear to be a dry up in some vendors.

About the same for the 5,000 notes except a couple vendors actually are selling the uncirculated whereas for a long time in the past they did not. However, the 5,000 appears to be drying up as well. Since this is not being reissued (at least not now in the articles), I suspect this is a way of getting the note count down even further in Iraq.

For the 1,000, 500, and 250 notes, only one vendor has some 1,000 notes available.

As noted earlier, I look at these sites to notice trends. The nonavailability of the 50,000 notes indicates Iraq has met this part of their goal for reducing the note count with the 50,000 no longer available for the most part in The United States Of America while the CBI announced they were not going the issue the 100,000 note as preiously planned. I am speculating the 5,000 notes being "dumped' in The United States Of America indicate further limited note count reduction since large quantities of notes could only be exchanged for 25,000 and 10,000 if larger notes are desireable. The infusion of the new 1,000, 500, and 250 indicate, to me at least, providing more of an ease of transactions on the streets with crisp newly printed and issued notes. Both ways, the issue of the 25,000, 10,000, 1,000, 500, and 250 notes will purge at least some of the counterfeit notes and pull out worn or damaged notes off the streets and out from under the mattresses for a smoother transition once the "delete the zeroes project" really kicks in. In my opinion, the "deleted the zeroes project" will need to be at least started before the reconstruction, construction, economic development, and foreign investment kicks in. To do that, the CBI will need to move from a "closed economy" with the corrupt week day daily currency auction to an "open economy" with a 24/7 real time transaction with an actual real value of the IQD internationally.

I am not sure (I could be wrong) but the M0 Iraqi Dinar could be both what is and what is not in Iraq.

Just my conjecture, thoughts, opinion and :twocents: for whatever THAT is worth!!! (Hey, I may be a nut job or somethin'!!! I know, I know, Floridian, You mentioned I am not a nut job but, hey, we ALL need to have a little fun here (right?). This is a speculative investment after all so we all need to lighten up so we don't become REAL nut jobs!!! :o)

CAVEAT EMPTOR, Reader!!! :o

In The Mean Time......................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

Thanks, Synopsis.  I always appreciate your opinion.  😀

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, yota691 said:

The Central Bank of Iraq announced on October 4, 2018, the launch of large amounts of currency for small groups next week, adding that the groups will include a change in form.

Thank you everyone for your comments and input. I am wondering (1) when "next week" is, as this is the 7th and a Sunday, isn't THIS next week?  (2) has anyone seen the new currency in use? (3) is the 1,000 I have still good (a gift from Adam a LONG time ago and I carry it with me everywhere for emergency to get home when it RVs)?,  (4) a change in form means what? Size?

• Thanks 2