Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Baseball Playoffs

Pitcher

Caz, there are a lot of great people in the Braves organization.  They put together a good group of players. It’s not over yet but if they don’t prevail this year they’ll be back.  The Braves remind me of the Astros in 2014-2015.  They made the playoffs in 2015 but got beat by the Royals.  We knew they were a good group of young players that needed a little more experience. 2 years later they won the WS.  It’s not easy putting together a winning program but the Braves are on the right track.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, cws said:

Ty and very true.  Also like the braves we are ahead in our “rebuild” that the GM made additions in season to put us over the top. 

I'll bite on this MLB playoff thread.....(just wish they'd quit spitting and playing with themselves)

But I regress....

As I kid I spent some years in Milwaukee......and they were the Milwaukee Braves back then.....always will be in my mind.....

We had a family friend by the name of Joe Adcock....big guy.........funny stance.......hit 4 home runs and a double in one game......played first base.......and owned a Ranch in Natchitoches, Louisiana.......I learned to ride there.......it was an age where he was called, Mr. Joe.......and I was Mr. XXXXXXXX......even though I was a kid.....Simplier times I guess....

I had the good fortune as a kid to hang out in the locker room with the likes of Spahn, Burdette, Logan, Aaron, Matthews........and so many others....Champions and Hall of Famers.....I remember at the end of the season them all discussing the jobs they held in the off seasons....

And in the 50"s Early 60's.......it was a great lesson for a kid......even as young as I was, I realized this was a color blind group.....playing for one another, just brothers with a common passion for playing the game they all loved......

Still have a bag with a bunch of signed stuff....

Joe Torre and Johnny Logan came and helped run one of our our little kids pracices when I was young......the name of our tean was the Mets.........at that time the real Mets sucked.....

They both hung around for an hour so after practice and we just "played"....tag......chicken fights......and beyond......Joe was/is a very special guy......

So glad both did so well in life.....

So........I like Baseball.......times have changed.........but still America's game in my mind......

Just enjoy watching the event.......

CL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

I'll bite on this MLB playoff thread.....(just wish they'd quit spitting and playing with themselves)

But I regress....

As I kid I spent some years in Milwaukee......and they were the Milwaukee Braves back then.....always will be in my mind.....

We had a family friend by the name of Joe Adcock....big guy.........funny stance.......hit 4 home runs and a double in one game......played first base.......and owned a Ranch in Natchitoches, Louisiana.......I learned to ride there.......it was an age where he was called, Mr. Joe.......and I was Mr. XXXXXXXX......even though I was a kid.....Simplier times I guess....

I had the good fortune as a kid to hang out in the locker room with the likes of Spahn, Burdette, Logan, Aaron, Matthews........and so many others....Champions and Hall of Famers.....I remember at the end of the season them all discussing the jobs they held in the off seasons....

And in the 50"s Early 60's.......it was a great lesson for a kid......even as young as I was, I realized this was a color blind group.....playing for one another, just brothers with a common passion for playing the game they all loved......

Joe Torre and Johnny Logan came and helped run one of our our little kids pracices when I was young......the name of our tean was the Mets.........at that time the real Mets sucked.....

They both hung around for an hour so after practice and we just "played"....tag......chicken fights......and beyond......Joe was/is a very special guy......

So........I like Baseball.......times have changed.........but still America's game in my mind......

CL

I remember Joe Adcock and the Milwaukee Braves.  I was a big baseball fan, back in the day.  Geez, I feel like I’m 100 years old.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Good post CL.  When I was a little kid my family lived in Milwaukee for 3 years 57-59.  My father was a huge Braves fan and what a  time to be in Milwaukee.  You threw out some names, Adcock, Mathews, and Logan I haven’t heard in years. “ Burdette, Spahn, Sain, and pray for rain”, remember that?  I didn’t really get into baseball until 1960 when we moved to Houston.  We got the Colt 45’s in 1962 and of course I was a big Colt 45 fan.  I remember telling my dad the Colts would win the World Series in 62 or 63.  Little did I know it would take 55 years to win a WS.  The Colts played in a tiny little ball park until the Astrodome was built and opened in 65.  Thats when they became the Astros.  Talk about some terrible teams. Houston Colts/Astros were brutal in the 60’s and 70’s.

Baseball is is still a great game but it’s changed dramatically over the years.  Dads don’t take the time to play catch with their sons anymore and the kids now think playing video games is a sport.  What???  I actually had a kid tell me gaming was a real sport!!!!

Really??

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, coorslite21 said:

Only as young/old as we feel.........feelin like about 10 right now.........CL

My mother is 92 and still travels the world, her motto, “keep moving, keep striving, be full of passion in everything you do”.

My motto is, keep breathing, haha

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the memories CL. I was a Braves fan when they were in Milwaukee. I use to be able to name the staring lineup along with their best pitchers. You brought up a bunch of names we haven't heard in a long time. Spahn and Burdette were Awesome. Spahn was one of the best lefties (in my opinion ) to play the game.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

But I regress....

CL

Great story!!  While I have gray in my beard, the 82 Brewers are more in  my wheelhouse.  I wasn’t born when the Braves were in Milwaukee but along with Hank Aaron I remember my mom and dad talking about them all the time. The Brewers weren’t very good especially early on in their existence so the Braves greats from the 50’s were talked about a lot. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1