Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

100,000 U.S. Christian Churches Demand Withdrawal of Kavanaugh's Supreme Court Nomination

A group representing 100,000 congregations and 45 million churchgoers across an array of Christian denominations in the U.S. has called for the nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to be withdrawn.

The National Council of Churches statement said, “Judge Kavanaugh exhibited extreme partisan bias and disrespect towards certain members of the committee and thereby demonstrated that he possesses neither the temperament nor the character essential for a member of the highest court in our nation.” The statement also alleged misstatements and “outright falsehoods” in his testimony.

A later addition to the statement, as reported by the Religious News Service, added a call for a full and “unhindered investigation into allegations of sexual assault.”

Only the president or Kavanaugh himself could withdraw the nomination, while the Senate could reject him in the confirmation process by a majority vote. The confirmation could also never be brought to a vote, though that’s an unlikely outcome.

The National Council of Churches represents congregations across 40 denominations, including most of the major Protestant and Eastern Orthodox divisions of faith. It has a statement of creed that advances social policy, such as equal rights, worker protection, just immigration, and multilateral diplomacy.

The organization also cited an array of policy differences it believes Kavanaugh is on the wrong side of, including many progressive issues, such as climate change, voting rights, and “racial and gender justice.” These same positions are favored by many conservatives, especially the majority of Senate Republicans.

Only three Senate GOP votes appear to remain in play: Susan Collins of Maine, Jeff Flake of Arizona, and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska. Two Democratic senators up for re-election in states that President Donald Trump won in 2016 may also be in action: Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Heidi Heilcamp of North Dakota.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/100-000-u-christian-churches-230519723.html

Wow that's a lot of people. The Deep State just gets bigger by the day!

B/A

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

2 minutes ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Not only that Grep, but you can bet your A$$ that it was the liberal leaders of this group not the everyday church members who mad ethics statement. Blanket statement made for 100,000 congregations and 45 million churchgoers? I think NOT!!!

Agreed! Didn’t hear it in my church!!

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Shedagal said:

I believe this could sadly be true.  I know many Christians riding the wave of political correctness, inclusion, tolerance, and party preference.  The Word of God quit being their final authority a long time ago.

You are a rational thinker and accept there might be different opinions. How refreshing.

B/A 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

17 minutes ago, Shedagal said:

I believe this could sadly be true.  I know many Christians riding the wave of political correctness, inclusion, tolerance, and party preference.  The Word of God quit being their final authority a long time ago.

Hmmm....how are inclusion and tolerance bad again?  Why would anybody afflicted with Christian Love not practice inclusion and tolerance?  Who would prefer their church to not practice those two things?  :huh:

GO RV, then BV

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

11 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Hmmm....how are inclusion and tolerance bad again?  Why would anybody afflicted with Christian Love not practice inclusion and tolerance?  Who would prefer their church to not practice those two things?  :huh:

GO RV, then BV

Unlike others on this website, I will not debate Scriptures.  If you even ask this, you do not comprehend the Kingdom of God.

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Shedagal said:

Unlike others on this website, I will not debate Scriptures.  If you even ask this, you do not comprehend the Kingdom of God.

Thanks, Shedagal.....I'll let the homeless, downtrodden and shut-ins know.  I too, have no interest in debating Scripture....way above my head, but close to my heart.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

If the reason that these church leaders feel that Kavanaugh should not be confirmed is because of Kavanaugh's defense of attacks on him and his family, then GOD HELP US! 

So the Democrats threw everything but the kitchen sink at Kavanaugh with orchestrated protestors interrupting the hearings, and countless hours going through his background and judicial opinions.

At the eleventh hour, when it appeared that Kavanaugh had the votes to be confirmed, the Dems leaked the Dr Ford letter for what appears to be the nuclear option in stopping this nomination. After two more women came forward with additional salacious allegations and complicit reporting by the MSM, the pile on reached its point where Kavanaugh had to fight back. 

So in his personal opening statement, he called out the Dems, the Media, and the Democratic leadership as orchestrating a hit on him in an attempt to derail his nomination, and in turn destroy his career and forever harm his family.

If the so-called Christian Leadership feels this is a display of bad judicial temperament, w/o any form of due-process, then GOD HELP US!

Indy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Indraman said:

If the reason that these church leaders feel that Kavanaugh should not be confirmed is because of Kavanaugh's defense of attacks on him and his family, then GOD HELP US! 

So the Democrats threw everything but the kitchen sink at Kavanaugh with orchestrated protestors interrupting the hearings, and countless hours going through his background and judicial opinions.

At the eleventh hour, when it appeared that Kavanaugh had the votes to be confirmed, the Dems leaked the Dr Ford letter for what appears to be the nuclear option in stopping this nomination. After two more women came forward with additional salacious allegations and complicit reporting by the MSM, the pile on reached its point where Kavanaugh had to fight back. 

So in his personal opening statement, he called out the Dems, the Media, and the Democratic leadership as orchestrating a hit on him in an attempt to derail his nomination, and in turn destroy his career and forever harm his family.

If the so-called Christian Leadership feels this is a display of bad judicial temperament, w/o any form of due-process, then GOD HELP US!

Indy

Personally, I think churches need to stay out of politics. JMHO

B/A

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 4

8 minutes ago, Indraman said:

Indy

Perhaps with the latest rash of deviant priest scandals....these churches thought it was important to show solidarity for the alleged victim.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

47 minutes ago, Shedagal said:

I appreciate this comment and I also am reluctant to join in unless I immediately have a scripture that may “right” an attack on the true Word or Godhead. The following scripture makes me believe that some point truth will become a mute point and will fall on deaf ears….are we there yet? How long shall we contend?

"…they perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved.11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness."

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Thanks, Shedagal.....I'll let the homeless, downtrodden and shut-ins know.  I too, have no interest in debating Scripture....way above my head, but close to my heart.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

It's been my experience that the LIBERALS always use these unfortunate souls as their own protected entity but they very seldom or never contribute towards those organizations in any form. You'll never see them helping in a food line, or volunteering in a prison, or visiting the nursing homes.

They are the SALT OF EARTH  :wub:

GO RV!

• Upvote 4

This is but another stall/scare tactic by the progressives to stop this vote.

It is the Council that feels this way. Not the actual people.

The tittle is misleading. You can't get 5 people to agree on what a scripture means much less 100,000 people. 

If you could, there would be a vastly different political scene in Washington.

Imagine 45,000,000 people voting all the same way.

• Upvote 6

I just don't believe this.  My church certainly doesn't feel this way, of course I belong to a very small church but I go to Bible studies on Wednesdays at the largest church here in town with a congregation of about 6500,(that's members) and they don't feel that way either.  This very topic was discussed this past Wed.  and all stood firm on his nomination and immediately voting him in.  Once again we are faced with lies and more lies to come.  The Dems are the most underhanded, power Hungary folks that have ever headed up our country.  This has got to come to an end and we are the ones that can make this happen...vote Republican across the board in Nov.  We have just got to take this stand.

barb

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Fake News......for the most part any Church is smart enough to stay a-political in a situation like this one.....

Because this more about Roe/Wade than anything.....(this really has nothing to do with the he said/she said of Cavanaugh and Ford)...... if Churches were to make some sort of statement it would be more likely they would take a pro-life stance....and that position would be to confirm Cavanaugh......CL

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4