Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Where in the Bible does it say God the son?

Synopsis

5 hours ago, rw.sutton said:

I have used other Bibles to completely destroy your points but yet... Would someone please give this person a medal, hes such a destroyer!

1 John 3:8 New International Version (NIV)

8 The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work.

New International Version (NIV)

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Oh, Yeah, RW.Sutton!!!

Botzwana can go to God The Son Jesus Christ to see if HE has a medal for Botzwana!!!

God The Son Jesus Christ APPEARED to DESTROY the works of the devil that Botzwana is practicing!!!!

:backflip:       :backflip:        :backflip:

1 Timothy 4:1-2 New International Version (NIV)

The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

@Botzwana I can take verses out of the bible,  that will tell you to go and hang yourself too.

When you just take one verse out of the Bible without bringing in the surrounding context you have the potential of changing the meaning of what the scripture was actually meant to convey.

Question: "Why is it important to study the Bible in context? What is wrong with taking verses out of context?"

Answer: 
It's important to study Bible passages and stories within their context. Taking verses out of context leads to all kinds of error and misunderstanding. Understanding context begins with four principles: literal meaning (what it says), historical setting (the events of the story, to whom is it addressed, and how it was understood at that time), grammar (the immediate sentence and paragraph within which a word or phrase is found) and synthesis (comparing it with other parts of Scripture for a fuller meaning). Context is crucial to biblical exegesis in that it is one of its most important fundamentals. After we account for the literal, historical, and grammatical nature of a passage, we must then focus on the outline and structure of the book, then the chapter, then the paragraph. All of these things refer to "context." To illustrate, it is like looking at Google Maps and zooming in on one house. 

Taking phrases and verses out of context always leads to misunderstanding. For instance, taking the phrase "God is love" (1 John 4:7-16) out of its context, we might come away thinking that our God loves everything and everyone at all times with a gushing, romantic love. But in its literal and grammatical context, “love” here refers to agape love, the essence of which is sacrifice for the benefit of another, not a sentimental, romantic love. The historical context is also crucial, because John was addressing believers in the first century church and instructing them not on God’s love per se, but on how to identify true believers from false professors. True love—the sacrificial, beneficial kind—is the mark of the true believer (v. 7), those who do not love do not belong to God (v. 8), God loved us before we loved Him (vv. 9-10), and all of this is why we should love one another and thereby prove that we are His (v. 11-12). 

Furthermore, considering the phrase "God is love" in the context of all of Scripture (synthesis) will keep us from coming to the false, and all-too-common, conclusion that God is only love or that His love is greater than all His other attributes, which is simply not the case. We know from many other passages that God is also holy and righteous, faithful and trustworthy, graceful and merciful, kind and compassionate, omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient, and many, many other things. We also know from other passages that God not only loves, but He also hates.

The Bible is the Word of God, literally "God-breathed" (2 Timothy 3:16), and we are commanded to read, study, and understand it through the use of good Bible study methods and always with the inspiration of the Holy Spirit to guide us (1 Corinthians 2:14). Our study is greatly enhanced by maintaining diligence in the use of context because it is quite easy to come to wrong conclusions by taking phrases and verses out of context. It is not difficult to point out places that seemingly contradict other portions of Scripture, but if we carefully look at their context and use the entirety of Scripture as a reference, we can understand the meaning of a passage. “Context is king” means that the context often drives the meaning of a phrase. To ignore context is to put ourselves at a tremendous disadvantage.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Botzwana said:

Well I know Synopsis must...I mean because he has those GIGANTIC LETTERS he posts all the time...right?  The bigger pics and letters ya got, ya must be doing something right.

What is wrong with you have your opinion Mark has his I have mine?

if I can learn to live with Umbertosis you can learn to live with christians.

Judgment Day it will come out in the wash.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

I do not consider mine to be opinions but rather facts.  The only reason I keep posting is that they keep responding to me.  They can stop too.  Should I wait until you tell them to as well?  Or will all the vitroil be for little ole me?

No vitriol intended.

for the record I consider my “opinion” to be fact also.

i think we all should stop. Does that suffice for me telling them to stop?

as I said it will come out in the wash on judgement day.

unless you respond to me I will stop posting about this.

live and let live.

Edited by Muleslayer
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Muleslayer said:

as I said it will come out in the wash on judgement day.

Agreed, this is a "fact"......Hindus believe that Hinduism is a fact, Muslims believe that Islam is a fact, Atheist believe that Atheism is a fact, etc.....

One of these days we will all know where we were right and where we were wrong.....in the meantime, I will trust that the Creator of the universe has been able to successfully communicate His facts to his creation effectively to those that chose to receive His facts.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Dude, how do you post pics that big?  Everytime I try to post a pic, it says it is too big.  Even normal sized pics I get that same response.  See my avatar?  I had to choose the littlest setting to get it.

I don't upload pictures, I just copy and paste a link to the image (right click, "copy image address") and they come over whatever size the source link is.  The trick is finding the image you wan to use that is posted somewhere else on the www.

• Thanks 1

Well, OK, eight pages into this thread I was "encouraged" to start, one must admit there has been a notable amount of earnest "interaction". We all have our own experiences while I do believe there is ABSOLUTE TRUTH in Scripture directly tied to God The Son Jesus Christ.

John 5:31-47 New International Version (NIV)

Testimonies About Jesus

31 “If I testify about myself, my testimony is not true. 32 There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is true.

33 “You have sent to John and he has testified to the truth. 34 Not that I accept human testimony; but I mention it that you may be saved.35 John was a lamp that burned and gave light, and you chose for a time to enjoy his light.

36 I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to finishthe very works that I am doingtestify that the Father has sent me. 37 And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, 38 nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent. 39 You study[a] the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, 40 yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

41 I do not accept glory from human beings, 42 but I know you. I know that you do not have the love of God in your hearts. 43 I have come in my Father’s name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him. 44 How can you believe since you accept glory from one another but do not seek the glory that comes from the only God[b]?

45 “But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set. 46 If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me. 47 But since you do not believe what he wrote, how are you going to believe what I say?”

Footnotes:

1. John 5:39 Or 39 Study
  2. John 5:44 Some early manuscripts the Only One

John 14:6 New International Version (NIV)

Jesus answered, I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Hebrews 9:11-15 New International Version (NIV)

The Blood of Christ

11 But when Christ came as high priest of the good things that are now already here,[a] he went through the greater and more perfect tabernacle that is not made with human hands, that is to say, is not a part of this creation. 12 He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining[b] eternal redemption. 13 The blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkled on those who are ceremonially unclean sanctify them so that they are outwardly clean. 14 How much more, then, will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself unblemished to God, cleanse our consciences from acts that lead to death,[c] so that we may serve the living God!

15 For this reason Christ is the mediator of a new covenant, that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritancenow that he has died as a ransom to set them free from the sins committed under the first covenant.

Footnotes:

1. Hebrews 9:11 Some early manuscripts are to come
  2. Hebrews 9:12 Or blood, having obtained
  3. Hebrews 9:14 Or from useless rituals

1 John 2:18-29 New International Version (NIV)

Warnings Against Denying the Son

18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. 19 They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

20 But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.[a] 21 I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth. 22 Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichristdenying the Father and the Son. 23 No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

24 As for you, see that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father.25 And this is what he promised us—eternal life.

26 I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. 27 As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.

God’s Children and Sin

28 And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming.

29 If you know that he is righteous, you know that everyone who does what is right has been born of him.

Footnotes:

1. 1 John 2:20 Some manuscripts and you know all things

1 John 2:22 Mounce Reverse-Interlinear New Testament (MOUNCE)

22 Who tis is eimi the ho liar pseustēs but eimē the ho one who denies arneomai that hoti Jesus Iēsous is eimi the ho Christ Christos? This one houtos is eimi the ho Antichrist antichristos, the ho one who denies arneomai the ho Father patēr and kai the ho Son hyios.

Mounce Reverse-Interlinear New Testament (MOUNCE)

The Mounce Reverse-Interlinear™ New Testament (MOUNCE) Copyright © 2011 by Robert H. Mounce and William D. Mounce. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
“Reverse-Interlinear” is a trademark of William D. Mounce.

ψεύστης (pseustēs)

Strong: G5583

GK: G6026

one who utters a falsehood, a liar, Jn. 8:44, 55; Rom. 3:4; 1 Tim. 1:10; ***. 1:12; 1 Jn. 1:10; 2:4, 22; 4:20; 5:10

See everywhere pseustēs appears in the New Testament via teknia.com.

ἀρνέομαι (arneomai)

Strong: G720

GK: G766

to deny, disclaim, disown, Mt. 10:33; to renounce, ***. 2:12; to decline, refuse, Heb. 11:24; absol. to deny, contradict, Lk. 8:15

See everywhere arneomai appears in the New Testament via teknia.com.

Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous)

Strong: G2424

GK: G2652

a Savior, Jesus, Mt. 1:21, 25; 2:1, et al. freq.; Joshua, Acts 7:45; Heb. 4:8; Jesus, a Jewish Christian, Col. 4:11

See everywhere Iēsous appears in the New Testament via teknia.com.

εἰμί (eimi)

Strong: G1488, G1498, G1510, G1511, G1526, G2070, G2071, G2252, G2258, G2277, G2468, G5600, G5607

GK: G1639

to be, to exist, Jn. 1:1; 17:5; Mt. 6:30; Lk. 4:25, freq.; ἐστί[ν], it is possible, proper, Heb. 9:5; a simple linking verb (“copula”) to the subject and predicate, and therefore in itself affecting the force of the sentence only by its tense, mood, etc., Jn. 1:1; 15:1, freq.; it also forms a frequent circumlocution with the participles of the present and perfect of other verbs, Mt. 19:22; Mk. 2:6

ὁ (ho)

Strong: G3588, G5120

GK: G3836

the prepositive article, answering, to a considerable extent, to the English definite article; but, for the principle and facts of its usage, consult a grammar; ὁ μὲν ... ὁ δέ, the one ... the other, Phil. 1:16, 17; Heb. 7:5, 6, 20, 21, 23, 24; pl. some ... others, Mt. 13:23; 22:5, 6; ὁ δέ, but he, Mt. 4:4; 12:48; οἱ δέ, but others, Mt. 28:17; used, in a poetic quotation, for a personal pronoun, Acts 17:28

See everywhere ho appears in the New Testament via teknia.com.

Χριστός (Christos)

Strong: G5547

GK: G5986

pr. anointed; ὁ Χριστός, the Christ, the Anointed One, i.e. Μεσσίας, the Messiah, Mt. 1:16, 17; Jn. 1:20, 25, 42; meton. Christ, the word or doctrine of Christ, 2 Cor. 1:19; 21; Eph. 4:20; Christ, a truly Christian frame of doctrine and affection, Rom. 8:10; Gal. 4:19; Christ, the Church of Christ, 1 Cor. 12:12; Christ the distinctive privileges of the Gospel of Christ, Gal. 3:27; Phil. 3:8; Heb. 3:14

See everywhere Christos appears in the New Testament via teknia.com.

ACTUAL Scripture undeniably show Jesus Christ is God AND HIS sacrifice is imperative for our ETERNAL LIFE ONLY for those who have received HIM. God The Son Jesus Christ NEVER refused worship as noted in the references posted earlier. How could Jesus Christ NOT be God The Son Jesus Christ AND give testimony in ACTUAL Scripture?

Matthew 28:16-20 New International Version (NIV)

The Great Commission

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Why would God The Son Jesus Christ who being worshipped AND had been given "all authority in heaven and on earth" commission disciples to baptize into ANYTHING other than God HIMSELF???!!!

• Thanks 1