Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Where in the Bible does it say God the son?

Synopsis

Bolzwana; shares what he has learned, not on traditions of men, but using the Bible as the only authority for the teachings, building faith on accurate knowledge- in Jehovah God, God’s Kingdom, and God’s son Jesus Christ, ruling King of God’s Kingdom.

John 10 - “Most truly I say to you, the one who does not enter into the sheepfold through the door but climbs in by another way, that one is a thief and a plunderer. 2 But the one who enters through the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The doorkeeper opens to this one, and the sheep listen to his voice. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 When he has brought all his own out, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him, because they know his voice. 5 They will by no means follow a stranger but will flee from him, because they do not know the voice of strangers.” 6 Jesus spoke this comparison to them, but they did not understand what he was saying to them. 7 So Jesus said again: “Most truly I say to you, I am the door for the sheep.          

8 All those who have come in place of me are thieves and plunderers; but the sheep have not listened to them. 9 I am the door; whoever enters through me will be saved, and that one will go in and out and find pasturage. 10 The thief does not come unless it is to steal and slay and destroy. I have come that they may have life and have it in abundance. 11 I am the fine shepherd; the fine shepherd surrenders his life in behalf of the sheep. 12 The hired man, who is not a shepherd and to whom the sheep do not belong, sees the wolf coming and abandons the sheep and flees—and the wolf snatches them and scatters them—   13 because he is a hired man and does not care for the sheep. 14 I am the fine shepherd. I know my sheep and my sheep know me, 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I surrender my life in behalf of the sheep. 16 “And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those too I must bring in, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd. 17 This is why the Father loves me, because I surrender my life, so that I may receive it again. 18 No man takes it away from me, but I surrender it of my own initiative. I have authority to surrender it, and I have authority to receive it again. This commandment I received from my Father.”

John 9 - As he was passing along, he saw a man who had been blind from birth. 2 And his disciples asked him: “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, so that he was born blind?” 3 Jesus answered: “Neither this man sinned nor his parents, but it was so that the works of God might be made manifest in his case. 

18 However, the Jews did not believe that he had been blind and had gained sight, until they called the parents of the man who could now see. 19 And they asked them: “Is this your son who you say was born blind? How, then, does he now see?” 20 His parents answered: “We know that this is our son and that he was born blind. 21 But how it is that he now sees, we do not know; or who opened his eyes, we do not know. Ask him. He is of age. He must speak for himself.” 22 His parents said these things because they were in fear of the Jews, for the Jews had already come to an agreement that if anyone acknowledged him as Christ, that person should be expelled from the synagogue. 23 This is why his parents said: “He is of age. Question him.”

24 So a second time they called the man who had been blind and said to him: “Give glory to God; we know that this man is a sinner.” 25 He answered: “Whether he is a sinner, I do not know. One thing I do know, that I was blind, but now I can see.” 26 Then they said to him: “What did he do to you? How did he open your eyes?” 27 He answered them: “I told you already, and yet you did not listen. Why do you want to hear it again? You do not want to become his disciples also, do you?” 28 At this they scornfully told him: “You are a disciple of that man, but we are disciples of Moses. 29 We know that God has spoken to Moses, but as for this man, we do not know where he is from.” 30 The man answered them: “This is certainly amazing, that you do not know where he is from, and yet he opened my eyes. 31 We know that God does not listen to sinners, but if anyone is God-fearing and does his will, he listens to this one. 32 From of old it has never been heard that anyone opened the eyes of one born blind. 33 If this man were not from God, he could do nothing at all.” 34 In answer they said to him: “You were altogether born in sin, and yet are you teaching us?” And they threw him out! 35 Jesus heard that they had thrown him out, and on finding him, he said: “Are you putting faith in the Son of man?” 36 The man answered: “And who is he, sir, so that I may put faith in him?” 37 Jesus said to him: “You have seen him, and in fact, he is the one speaking with you.” 38 He said: “I do put faith in him, Lord.” And he did obeisance to him. 39 Jesus then said: “For this judgment I came into this world, that those not seeing might see and those seeing might become blind.” 40 Those of the Pharisees who were with him heard these things, and they said to him: “We are not blind also, are we?” 41 Jesus said to them: “If you were blind, you would have no sin. But now you say, ‘We see.’ Your sin remains.”

7 hours ago, Fly said:

Bolzwana; shares what he has learned, not on traditions of men, but using the Bible as the only authority for the teachings, building faith on accurate knowledge- in Jehovah God, God’s Kingdom, and God’s son Jesus Christ, ruling King of God’s Kingdom.

For YOU, Fly, and Botzwana:

1 Timothy 4:1-2 New International Version (NIV)

The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.

New International Version (NIV)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica

2 Peter 2:1-3 New International Version (NIV)

False Teachers and Their Destruction

But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

Jehovah Witness was falsely constructed in the latter part of the 1800s and built upon until today. All a lie.

Do YOU, Fly, believe in the shed blood of God The Son Jesus Christ on the cross for the remission of sins - YOUR, Fly, sins?

1 John 2:2 Mounce Reverse-Interlinear New Testament (MOUNCE)

·kai He autos is eimi the propitiation hilasmos for peri ·ho our hēmeis sins hamartia, and de not ou for peri ·ho ours hēmeteros only monon, but alla also kai for peri those of the ho entire holos world kosmos.

Mounce Reverse-Interlinear New Testament (MOUNCE)

The Mounce Reverse-Interlinear™ New Testament (MOUNCE) Copyright © 2011 by Robert H. Mounce and William D. Mounce. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
“Reverse-Interlinear” is a trademark of William D. Mounce.

ἱλασμός (hilasmos)

Strong: G2434

GK: G2662

atoning sacrifice, sin offering, propitiation, expiation; one who makes propitiation/expiation, 1 Jn. 2:2; 4:10

See everywhere hilasmos appears in the New Testament via teknia.com.

ἁμαρτία (hamartia)

Strong: G266

GK: G281

error; offence, sin, Mt. 1:21; a principle or cause of sin, Rom. 7:7; proneness to sin, sinful propensity, Rom. 7:17, 20; guilt or imputation of sin, Jn. 9:41; Heb. 9:26; a guilty subject, sin-offering, expiatory victim, 2 Cor. 5:21

See everywhere hamartia appears in the New Testament via teknia.com.

κόσμος (kosmos)

Strong: G2889

GK: G3180

(1) pr. order, regular disposition; ornament, decoration, embellishment, 1 Pet. 3:3; (2) the world, the material universe, Mt. 13:35; the world, the aggregate of sensitive existence, 1 Cor. 4:9; the lower world, the earth, Mk. 16:15; the world, the aggregate of mankind, Mt. 5:14; the world, the public, Jn. 7:4; in NT the present order of things, the secular world, Jn. 18:36; the human race external to the Jewish nation, the heathen world, Rom. 11:12, 15; the world external to the Christian body, 1 Jn. 3:1, 13; the world or material system of the Mosaic covenant, Gal. 4:3; Col. 2:8, 20

See everywhere kosmos appears in the New Testament via teknia.com.

Colossians 1:19-23 New International Version (NIV)

19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his bloodshed on the cross.

21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of[a] your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation— 2if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

Footnotes:

1. Colossians 1:21 Or minds, as shown by

Romans 4:23-25 New International Version (NIV)

23 The words “it was credited to him” were written not for him alone,24 but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousnessfor us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. 25 He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.

Romans 3:22-26 New International Version (NIV)

22 This righteousness is given through faith in[a] Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference between Jew and Gentile, 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement,[b] through the shedding of his bloodto be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished— 26 he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.

Footnotes:

1. Romans 3:22 Or through the faithfulness of
  2. Romans 3:25 The Greek for sacrifice of atonement refers to the atonement cover on the ark of the covenant (see Lev. 16:15,16).

So, Fly, there is a whole lot more to so the lies, false doctrine, false teaching, and false teachers of Jehovah Witness. So, why, Fly, lie? What do YOU, Fly AND Botzwana gain by lying? The ACTUAL Scriptures show Jehovah Witness is all lies so why argue about words - an argument that YOU, Fly AND Botzwana can not win because of TRUTH AND ACTUAL Scriptures?

This would be a passing issue if there were no ETERNAL consequences to adherence to the lies of Jehovah Witness. All Jehovah Witnesses do is vomit out all the false doctrine and teaching of Jehovah Witness and consistently deny the TRUTH of ACTUAL Scriptures.

So here (again) is the layout for Jehovah Witness:

So, now let's all get the heart of the matter of why Jehovah Witness is so damnable. At the heart of the Jehovah Witness is these four things:

1. The Jehovah Witness detests the bowing of the knee and confessing Jesus Christ as LORD to the glory of God The Father as noted in Philippians 2:9-11. God DOES NOT share HIS glory with another as noted in Isaiah 42:8. So, we can all see, as noted earlier, God The Son Jesus Christ NEVER denied Worship. So, of course, the Jehovah Witness denies Jesus Christ IS God although the Greek texts and accurate translations into other languages CLEARLY notes Jesus Christ IS God.
  2. The Jehovah Witness refuses to acknowledge and accept their own choice to exist for eternity apart from God The Father, God The Son Jesus Christ, AND God The Holy Spirit in the place created ONLY for the Devil and his angels as noted in Matthew 25.41. God DOES NOT choose individuals to go to Hell - the place prepared for the Devil and his angles - for eternity because the Jehovah Witness (and others) refuse to accept the atoning sacrifice of God The Son Jesus Christ as noted in Hebrews 10:26-31.
  3. The Jehovah Witness freaks out over the Blood Of God The Son Jesus Christ being the sole means for absolution from sin. However, the shed blood of God The Son Jesus Christ on the cross is absolutely necessary for the forgiveness of sins as noted in Matthew 26:28, Romans 5:9, Colossians 1:14, Hebrews 10:19-22, 1 John 1:7, 1 John 2:1-2, Revelation 1:5-6, Revelation 5:9 while the resurrection of God The Son Jesus Christ from the dead is essential to eternal life for the believer as noted in 1 Corinthians 15:1-7;12-18.
  4. The Jehovah Witness contests that a LOVING God would NEVER send ANYONE to Hell for eternity for eternal torment. The Jehovah Witness is partially right here since it is the Jehovah Witness that sends themselves to Hell for eternity for rejecting the free gift of eternal life offered to ALL PEOPLE through God The Son Jesus Christ as noted in John 3:16-19:

John 3:16-19 New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned,but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

Hebrews 10:26-31 New International Version (NIV)

26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[a] and again, “The Lord will judge his people.”[b] 31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

Footnotes:

1. Hebrews 10:30 Deut. 32:35
  2. Hebrews 10:30 Deut. 32:36; Psalm 135:14

This warning applies to YOU, Fly AND Botzwana, as well as all who deny and forsake the Blood of God The Son Jesus Christ as the sole source of the remission of sins.

2 Corinthians 5:18-21 New International Version (NIV)

18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.21 God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Footnotes:

1. 2 Corinthians 5:21 Or be a sin offering

2 Corinthians 6:1-2 New International Version (NIV)

As God’s co-workers we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain.For he says,

“In the time of my favor I heard you,
    and in the day of salvation I helped you.”[a]

I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.

Footnotes:

1. 2 Corinthians 6:2 Isaiah 49:8

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I found this;
Luke 1:34,35—But Mary said to the angel: “How is this to be, since I am not having sexual relations with a man? In answer the angel said to her: “Holy spirit will come upon you, and power of the Most High will overshadow you. And for that reason the one who is born will be called holy, God’s Son.

• Thanks 1

Pointing fingers making strong allegations, putting ones self in an elevated place of judging merely exposes a trickery of the heart, as its ourselves only we have been granted authority over, to judge. 

Is it not made clear in red letters that the name, Jehovah, Gods name, and Gods Kingdom is what’s hated, and in bold black letters a hatred for acquiring accurate knowledge, by study of Gods personal message to mankind the Bible, building faith in a personal relationship with the true God... Because that’s what will expose false religious beliefs and teachings.

Pro 1:7—The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of knowledge; But the foolish despise wisdom and instruction. (ASV)

2Tim 2:23-25—Further, reject foolish and ignorant debates, knowing that they produce fights. For a slave of the Lord does not need to fight, but needs to be gentle toward all, qualified to teach, showing restraint when wronged, instructing with mildness those not favorably disposed. Perhaps God may give them repentance leading to an accurate knowledge of truth.

John 17:3—This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

Mat 6:9,10—“You must pray, then, this way:“‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth.

The Challenge of Knowing God By Name https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2010484&srcid=share 

Dose God Have a Name? https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/gods-name/

• Thanks 1

Perhaps not... as you know I’m not posting much any longer, I wanted to share brotherly support, there’s a purpose for your posting and everyone needs encouragement. : )

I planted, A·polʹlos watered, but God kept making it grow, so that neither is the one who plants anything nor is the one who waters, but God who makes it grow (1Cor 3:6,7)

Working link: The Challenge of Knowing God by Name https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20100701/challenge-of-knowing-god-by-name/

9 hours ago, Fly said:

Pointing fingers making strong allegations, putting ones self in an elevated place of judging merely exposes a trickery of the heart, as its ourselves only we have been granted authority over, to judge. 

9 hours ago, Botzwana said:

They will not listen Fly.  We tried.  Not a single one of them reasoned on a scripture I supplied but I tore right through all of theirs.  I didn´t even use gigantic letters either.

So why all the lies, Fly and Botzwana? Contrary to what YOU, Fly and Botwana, BOTH post, Jehovah Witness is a prolifically constructed lie twisting ACTUAL Scriptures. This would all be a passing consideration except for the ETERNAL and DIRE CONSEQUENCES as carefully laid out. I posted a summary of four points of why Jehovah Witness is so damnable in a manner that is necessary LOVE.

1 Timothy 1:3-7 New International Version (NIV)

Timothy Charged to Oppose False Teachers

As I urged you when I went into Macedonia, stay there in Ephesus so that you may command certain people not to teach false doctrines any longer or to devote themselves to myths and endless genealogies. Such things promote controversial speculations rather than advancing God’s work—which is by faith. The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. Some have departed from these and have turned to meaningless talk. They want to be teachers of the law, but they do not know what they are talking about or what they so confidently affirm.

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

Titus 1:10-16 New International Version (NIV)

Rebuking Those Who Fail to Do Good

10 For there are many rebellious people, full of meaningless talk and deception, especially those of the circumcision group. 11 They must be silenced, because they are disrupting whole households by teaching things they ought not to teach—and that for the sake of dishonest gain. 12 One of Crete’s own prophets has said it: “Cretans are always liars, evil brutes, lazy gluttons.”[a] 13 This saying is true. Therefore rebuke them sharply, so that they will be sound in the faith 14 and will pay no attention to Jewish myths or to the merely human commands of those who reject the truth. 15 To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted.16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good.

Footnotes:

1. Titus 1:12 From the Cretan philosopher Epimenides

Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright ©1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.

What is so amazing is YOU, Fly and Botzwana, so prolifically twist Scriptures and have a whole host of other twisted Scriptures in an attempt to obscure the TRUTH. This practice has been so evident throughout this whole exchange and YOU, Fly and Botzwana, refuse to acknowledge what YOU, Fly and Botzwana, are doing. What I posted was from my own observations. However, accurate renditions of the TRUTH in the words from ACTUAL Scripture is impossible without God The Holy Spirit teaching the person the meaning.

John 14:15-27 New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit

15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[a] in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?”

23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

25 “All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Footnotes:

1. John 14:17 Some early manuscripts and is

1 Corinthians 2:6-16 New International Version (NIV)

God’s Wisdom Revealed by the Spirit

We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. No, we declare God’s wisdom, a mystery that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. None of the rulers of this age understood it, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. However, as it is written:

“What no eye has seen,
    what no ear has heard,
and what no human mind has conceived”[a]
    the things God has prepared for those who love him—

10 these are the things God has revealed to us by his Spirit.

The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who knows a person’s thoughts except their own spirit within them? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13 This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, explaining spiritual realities with Spirit-taught words.[b] 14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit. 15 The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, 16 for,

“Who has known the mind of the Lord
    so as to instruct him?”[c]

But we have the mind of Christ.

Footnotes:

1. 1 Corinthians 2:9 Isaiah 64:4
  2. 1 Corinthians 2:13 Or Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual
  3. 1 Corinthians 2:16 Isaiah 40:13

So from 1 Corinthians 2:12, what is God The Son Jesus Christ going to do with YOUR, Fly and Botzwana, 90 hours per month time sheets? Are YOU, Fly and Botzwana, going to hold them up to God The Son Jesus Christ and HE will let YOU, Fly and Botzwana, say and do whatever YOU, Fly and Botzwana, want so YOU, Fly and Botzwana, get what lies YOU, Fly and Botzwana, want and lies believed?

Romans 4:4-5 New International Version (NIV)

Now to the one who works, wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.

The arguments YOU, Fly and Botzwana, post to support Jehovah Witness lies is SO LAUGHABLE and easily portrayed as the LIES they are with ACTUAL Scriptures. And YOU, Fly and Botzwana, actually believe the Jehovah Witness lies and then wonder why others DO NOT. I know what God The Son Jesus Christ HAS GIVEN me and WILL NOT abandon that for Jehovah Witness lies. When will YOU, Fly and Botzwana, receive Salvation ONLY Through God The Son Jesus Christ? It is free and available to YOU, Fly and Botzwana.

Here is some worship music I ran across that may help reveal the TRUTH of where YOU, Fly and Botzwana, are at:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, learning all i can said:

www.bibleca./jw-questions.htm

stumper questions for jws.   Bot and fly, we've answered you now you answer some of these

Questions that Jehovah's Witnesses do not like to be asked...

Because they know the answer proves their doctrine wrong!

Yep. Good Stuff, Barb!!!

I just wish Fly and Botzwana would see the LOVE of God The Father, The Grace of God The Son Jesus Christ, AND The Fellowship of God The Holy Spirit being presented to THEM. It is not a matter of WHO is right but WHAT is right. Jehovah Witness isn't right at all!!!

The article indicates the Jehovah Witness has NO stand with ACTUAL Scripture. The Jehovah Witness has a whole clap trap of twisted Scripture and refuses to accept God The Holy Spirit dwelling inside a person is the ONLY means to understand and apply ACTUAL Scriptures (1 Corinthians 2:6-16).

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

Markinsa,  That is a gigantic pile of you know what.  You have NEVER answered my questions.  I posted 54 questions 3 times and not one was answered.  In fact no one answered them.  I feel like I am talking to an amalgamation of my Aunt Sophie.

And Fly, what do you mean you will not be posting anymore?

LOL,. How about answering just the 1st 5, then we can presede from there.  And btw....we did answer your questions with Bibical Scripture,  the one and only true word of God

Edited by learning all i can
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Botzwana said:

Markinsa,  That is a gigantic pile of you know what.  You have NEVER answered my questions.  I posted 54 questions 3 times and not one was answered.  In fact no one answered them.  I feel like I am talking to an amalgamation of my Aunt Sophie.

I gave you the scriptures, you dismissed them relying on the Watch Tower to shore up your defenses.   

Hey, if you are happy with that, and what your masters are feeding you, remember this, when you are on your knees before Jesus on judgement day, he's not going to allow you to blame others.  You have free will, and you are responsible for your own decisions.  What are you going to do when you find out that your Soul is Eternal, and the Lake of Fire is real?  

Seriously, I do not like having to call you out, but you really need to listen to the Audio I provided a week ago with an open mind, taking into account that the JW is a Cult, and concentrate on those stumper questions.  Answer those questions for yourself. 

Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it. [Pro 22:6 NASB]  This is what has happened to you.  You have been trained and indoctrinated.  That is all you know.  Come out of the darkness and to the light.

And answer me this,  why are you angry?  If you have the truth, why do you need to be upset with what other say?  I know the truth, and I'm not upset with you.  I know that you are lost, and I want you to know the truth like I do.

I'll be praying for you.

• Thanks 2

:LOL: Lying, Like the NWT?

John 1:1, "The word was a god"

by Matt Slick
12/05/08

In [the] beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god. The New World Translation

God was the word in GreekThis is one of the most common verses of contention between the Jehovah's Witnesses and Christians. Their false assumption is that Jesus is not God in flesh but Michael the archangel who became a man.  Therefore, since they deny that Jesus is divine, they have altered the Bible in John 1:1 so that Jesus is not divine in nature.  The New World Translation has added the word "a" to the verse so that it says, " . . . and the Word was agod."  The correct translation of this verse is "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God."  This is how it is rendered in the NASB, NIV, KJV, NKJV, ASV, RSV, etc.

The New World translation is incorrect in its translation of this verse for several reasons.  First of all, the Bible teaches a strict monotheism.  To say that Jesus is "a god" is to suggest that there is another god besides YHWH, which is contrary to scripture (Isaiah 43:10; 44:6, 8, etc.). Of course, the Jehovah's Witnesses will respond that Jesus is not the Almighty God, but a "lesser" kind of God.  He is the "mighty God" as is referenced in Isaiah 9:6, "For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us, and the government will rest on His shoulders, and His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace."  Therefore, they say that Jesus is the mighty god but not the Almighty God.

The immediate problem with this explanation is that YHWH is also called the Mighty God in Jeremiah 32:18 and Isaiah 10:21.  In all three verses, including Isaiah 9:6, the Hebrew word for "mighty" (gibbor) is used.

• Isaiah 10:20-21, "Now it will come about in that day that the remnant of Israel, and those of the house of Jacob who have escaped, will never again rely on the one who struck them, but will truly rely on the LORD, the Holy One of Israel.  21A remnant will return, the remnant of Jacob, to the mighty God."
  • Jer. 32:18, "who showest lovingkindness to thousands, but repayest the iniquity of fathers into the bosom of their children after them, O great and mighty God, the LORD of hosts is His name."

We can see that the Jehovah's Witness explanation is not valid; both the Son and God are called the Mighty God.

Furthermore, how many actual gods are there in scripture?  The obvious answer is that there is only one God in existence.  Though there are others who have been falsely called gods (1 Cor. 8:5-6) or even said to be "as God" like Moses (Ex. 4:16; 7:1), there is only one real God (Gal. 4:8-9; Isaiah 44:6, 8). If Jesus is "a god" that was "with God" in the beginning, then is Jesus a true god or a false god?

But, the Jehovah's Witnesses often claim that Jesus is a god in the sense that Moses was called a god; but, Moses was not called a god.  Rather, he would be "as God."

• "Moreover, he shall speak for you to the people; and it shall come about that he shall be as a mouth for you, and you shall be as God to him." (Exodus 4:16).
  • "Then the Lord said to Moses, 'See, I make you as God to Pharaoh, and your brother Aaron shall be your prophet.'" (Exodus 7:1).

Why was Moses going "as God" to Pharaoh?  Because Moses was given the authority and power to display powerful miracles that decimated much of Egypt.  Was Moses really a god?  Being "as God" with regard to the power given to perform miracles over Egypt is not the same thing as being called "a god" that was in the beginning with God. (John 1:1).

John was a strict Jew, a monotheist. Does the Jehovah's Witness really think that John would be saying that there was another God besides Jehovah even if it were Jesus? Being raised a good Jew, the Apostle John would never believe that there was more than one God in existence. Yet, he compared the word with God, said the word was God, and that the word became flesh (John 1:1, 14).

John 1:1 in a literal translation reads thus:  "In beginning was the word, and the word was with the God, and God was the word."  Notice that it says "God was the word." This is the actual word-for-word translation.  It is not saying that "a god was the word."  That wouldn't make sense.  Let me break it down into three statements.

1. "In beginning was the word . . . " 
    (en    arche      en  ho  logos)
    1. A very simple statement that the Word was in the beginning.
  2. "and the word was with the God . . . "
    (kai  ho  logos  en  pros ton theon)
    1. This same Word was with God.
  3. "and God was the word."--Properly translated as "and the Word was God."
    (kai theos en   ho  logos)
    1. This same Word was God.

Regarding statement 3 above, the correct English translation is " . . . and the Word was God" and not "and God was the word."  This is because if there is only one definite article ("ho"="the") in a clause where two nouns are in the nominative ("subject") form ("theos" and "logos"), then the noun with the definite article ("ho"="the") is the subject.  In this case "ho logos" means that "the word" is the subject of the clause.  Therefore, " . . . the Word was God"is the correct translation and not "God was the Word."1 But this does not negate the idea that John is speaking of only one God, not two, even though the Jehovah's Witnesses maintain that Jesus is "a god" or the "mighty god" as was addressed above.

Is there suddenly a new god in the text of John 1:1?  It is the same God that is being spoken of in part 2 as in part 3.  How do the Jehovah's Witnesses maintain that the word had somehow become a god in this context since there is only one God mentioned? Remember, the Jehovah's Witnesses teach that Jesus was Michael the Archangel.  Therefore, is there any place in the Bible where an angel is called "a god" besides Satan being called the god of this world in 2 Cor. 4:3-4?

John 20:28--"Thomas answered and said to Him, 'My Lord and my God!'"

In the Greek in John 20:28 Thomas said to Jesus, "ho kurios mou, kai ho theos mou," "The Lord of me, and the God of me." If Jesus was not God, but "a" god, then shouldn't Jesus have corrected Thomas?  Shouldn't Jesus have said, "No, Thomas, I am not the God.  I am a god."?  But Jesus did not.  To do so would have been ludicrous.  Nevertheless, the Jehovah's Witness will say that Thomas was so stunned by Jesus' appearance that he swore.  This is ridiculous because it means that Thomas, a devout man of God, swore in front of Jesus and used the Lord's name in vain in violation of Exodus 20:7.  This is hardly the case since we find no New Testament equivalent of a disciple of Christ using God's name in vain.

In conclusion, John 1:1 is best translated without the "a" inserted into the text.  "The Word was God" is the best translation.  This way, we do not run into the danger of polytheism with Jesus being "a god."  We do not have Thomas the disciple swearing and using God's name in vain; and, we do not have the problem of Jesus being a "mighty god" and yet not the God--even though God Himself is called the Mighty God (Jeremiah 32:18; Isaiah 10:21).

• 1.Chapman, B. (1994).  Greek New Testament Insert. 2nd ed., revised. Quakertown, PA: Stylus Publishing.  Also, see J. P. Luow, Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament: Based on Semantic Domains, electronic edition of the 2nd ed., New York: United Bible Societies, p. 592.
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Bot, this thread has 7 pages that have been filled with answers for you.  You have been given Scripture to address each and every question you asked.  The questions weren't answered with our own words but with God's very own authority to His very inspired word.  You highly esteem God, why would you not see and hear His very truth and path that He has chosen to reveal to us the path to eternal life?  If you believe God then one must surrender to His will and not our own or other mere man's.  The Bible is His truth and that is where we/you can find the answers to your 54 questions.  Why ask when the answers are just a glimpse away for you to behold.?  If you really want to know then put down you nwt and watchtower and pick up the Bible.......we can't make you want to read and know the truth, that's on you.  I feel we have adequately provided the seed now it's up to you and in God's hand.  I also will be praying for ya.

barb

Edited by learning all i can
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, learning all i can said:

Bot, this thread has 7 pages that have been filled with answers for you.  You have been given Scripture to address each and every question you asked.  The questions weren't answered with our own words but with God's very own authority to His very inspired word.  You highly esteem God, why would you not see and hear His very truth and path that He has chosen to reveal to us the path to eternal life?  If you believe God then one must surrender to His will and not our own or other mere man's.  The Bible is His truth and that is where we/you can find the answers to your 54 questions.  Why ask when the answers are just a glimpse away for you to behold.?  If you really want to know then put down you nwt and watchtower and pick up the Bible.......we can't make you want to read and know the truth, that's on you.  I feel we have adequately provided the seed now it's up to you and in God's hand.  I also will be praying for ya.

barb

Hello Barb, just stopping by to send condolences to Shabs and thought I scam through some of the topics and this one stood out.   Doing good my friend!   My take....he's not ready to surrender.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, pattyangel said:

Hello Barb, just stopping by to send condolences to Shabs and thought I scam through some of the topics and this one stood out.   Doing good my friend!   My take....he's not ready to surrender.  

thank you Patty,. I agree, he has brought forth nothing but resistance to God's word.  Like I said, this is on him.  He has heard the word and it has been revealed. We can only offer our prayers for all the lost once the seed has been planted.

its good to hear from you Patty.  I know you have had great loses this past year, I pray your heart has been able to mend. And I know God has carried you thru.  Our dependence on Him will always heal our suffering hearts.

God bless Patty

barb

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

56 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

Try not spamming the board.  You posted this exact same thing in the other thread.

Take out the log out of your own eye, before you cast judgement. The post you made above, you've spammed more than a few times.  As well as your 54 questions.

(Jn. 1:1) Was Jesus God or simply a god?

CLAIM: The translators of the Jehovah’s Witness Bible (the New World Translation, or NWT) render this verse as follows: “The Word was a god.” These translators argue that there is no article before theos (God). Therefore, they argue, this verse does not support the fact that Jesus is divine. Instead, this passage is describing that Jesus is godlike, but not God. Is this the case?

RESPONSE: This debated Greek text reads as follows:

Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος, καὶ ὁ λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν θεόν, καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος

First, if John was trying to communicate that Jesus was godlike, he had a word at his disposal. Carson writes, “There is a perfectly serviceable word in Greek for ‘divine’ (namely theios).”[1] But John didn’t use this word; he intentionally used theos instead.

Second, there are other places in the NT where the predicate nominative[2] has no article, but the NWT translates the predicate nominative as definite—not indefinite. This shows terrible inconsistency on behalf of the NWT. R.H. Countess writes,

In the New Testament there are 282 occurrences of the anarthrous [or lack of the article] θεός. At sixteen places NWT has either a god, god, gods, or godly. Sixteen out of 282 means that the translators were faithful to their translation principle only six percent of the time… The first section of John-1:1–18—furnishes a lucid example of NWT arbitrary dogmatism. Θεός occurs eight times-verses 1, 2, 6, 12, 13, 18—and has the article only twice-verses 1, 2. Yet NWT six times translated “God,” once “a god,” and once “the god.”[3]

If we followed this translation rule consistently, we would need to translate all of these passages in this way (because all of these lack the article in front of them):

John 1:1 as “a beginning,” rather than “the beginning.”

John 1:4 as “a life,” rather than simply “life.”

John 1:6 as “there came a man sent from a god.”

John 1:18 as “No one has seen a god at any time.”

Carson adds, “Even in this chapter, ‘you are the King of Israel’ (1:49) has no article before ‘King’ in the original (cf. also Jn. 8:39; 17:17; Rom. 14:17; Gal. 4:25; Rev. 1:20).”[4]

Third, John most likely wrote it this way to show the diversity in the Godhead. He wanted to be clear that Jesus was God (in nature), but he was a separate person from God (in person). This grammatical construction brilliantly shows the unity of God (Jesus is God), while also preserving the diversity of God (Jesus is not the Father). Carson notes, “The effect of ordering the words this way is to emphasize ‘God’, as if John were saying, ‘and the word was God!’ In fact, if John had included the article, he would have been saying something quite untrue. He would have been so identifying the Word with God that no divine being could exist apart from the Word.”[5] Greek expert Daniel Wallace writes,

Such an option does not at all impugn the deity of Christ. Rather, it stresses that, although the person of Christ is not the person of the Father, their essence is identical. Possible translations are as follows: “What God was, the Word was” (NEB), or “the Word was divine” (a modified Moffatt). In this second translation, “divine” is acceptable only if it is a term that can be applied only to true deity. However, in modern English, we use it with reference to angels, theologians, even a meal! Thus “divine” could be misleading in an English translation. The idea of a qualitative θεός here is that the Word had all the attributes and qualities that “the God” (of 1:1b) had. In other words, he shared the essence of the Father, though they differed in person. The construction the evangelist chose to express this idea was the most concise way he could have stated that the Word was God and yet was distinct from the Father.[6]

Fourth, elsewhere, John uses the definite article to refer to Christ. If Jehovah’s witnesses are hanging their case on this weak grammatical argument, they will find themselves in trouble when we get to 20:28. Here, John uses the definite article to refer to Christ (ho theos), when he exclaims, “My Lord and my God!” Jehovah’s Witnesses dodge this biblical assertion of Jesus’ deity by arguing that this is similar to someone winning a car on The Price is Right and exclaiming, “Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!” However, Jesus’ clear affirmation of Thomas’ belief surely invalidates this completely bizarre interpretation (20:29).

It shouldn’t surprise us that Greek grammarians have viciously criticized the translators of the New World Translation for their poor scholarship. Cult expert Ron Rhodes writes,

Dr. Julius Mantey, author of A Manual Grammar of the Greek New Testament, calls the New World Translation ‘a shocking mistranslation.’ Dr. Bruce M. Metzger, professor of New Testament at Princeton University, calls it ‘a frightful mistranslation,’ ‘erroneous,’ ‘pernicious,’ and ‘reprehensible.’ Dr. William Barclay concluded that ‘the deliberate distortion of truth by this sect is seen in their New Testament translation…. It is abundantly clear that a sect which can translate the New Testament like that is intellectually dishonest.’[7]

Due to these vicious critiques by NT scholars, the Watchtower has always protected the identity of its translators. They argue that they hide the identity of the translators in order to be humble and give the glory to God. Suspiciously, however, this anonymity has made it difficult to check the credentials of their “scholarly” translators.

When Raymond Franz was disfellowshiped from the Jehovah’s Witnesses, he gave up the names of the translators: Nathan Knorr, Frederick Franz, Albert Schroeder, George Gangas, and Milton Henschel. Rhodes writes, “It quickly became apparent that the committee was completely unqualified for the task. Four of the five men in the committee had no Hebrew or Greek. The fifth—Frederick Franz—claimed to know Hebrew and Greek, but upon examination under oath in court of law in Edinburgh, Scotland, was found to fail a simple Hebrew test.”[8]

For more on this subject, see our earlier article “Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

[1] Carson, D.A. The Gospel According to John. Grand Rapids, MI: Inter-Varsity Press, 1991. 117.

[2] Grammatically, the predicate noun is the noun that is equated with the subject by means of the verb “to be.” For example, “She is the woman.” She is the subject. Woman is the predicate nominative. In this passage, the predicate nominative is theos or “God.”

[3] R. H. Countess, The Jehovah’s Witnesses’ New Testament: A Critical Analysis of the New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures (Philipsburg, N. J.: Presbyterian and Reformed, 1982) 54–55. Cited in Wallace, Daniel. Greek Grammar beyond the Basics: An Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan. 1996. 267.

[4] Carson, D.A. The Gospel According to John. Grand Rapids, MI: Inter-Varsity Press, 1991. 117.

[5] Carson, D.A. The Gospel According to John. Grand Rapids, MI: Inter-Varsity Press, 1991. 117.

[6] Emphasis his. Wallace, Daniel. Greek Grammar beyond the Basics: An Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan. 1996. 269.

[7] Rhodes, Ron. The Challenge of the Cults and New Religions: The Essential Guide to Their History, Their Doctrine, and Our Response. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2001. 94.

[8] Rhodes, Ron. The Challenge of the Cults and New Religions: The Essential Guide to Their History, Their Doctrine, and Our Response. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2001. 94.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Botzwana said:

Try not spamming the board.  You posted this exact same thing in the other thread.

Then quit askinking the same questions that we have already answered.  

The only reason you don't want these things printed is because you have no answers for them.

You remind me of the Pharisees that taught the Jewish people false doctrine..Jesus called them Vipers and sons of the devil.  They were hell bound because of their false religion.  You should take note!

On 10/7/2018 at 4:40 PM, learning all i can said:

www.bibleca./jw-questions.htm

stumper questions for jws.   Bot and fly, we've answered you now you answer some of these

Read it, give me some answers.  

I haven't spammed anywhere near the mess you have posted from nwt and your watch tower so please refrain from telling me what I can and cannot post..  thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Markinsa said:

Take out the log out of your own eye, before you cast judgement. The post you made above, you've spammed more than a few times.  As well as your 54 questions.

(Jn. 1:1) Was Jesus God or simply a god?

CLAIM: The translators of the Jehovah’s Witness Bible (the New World Translation, or NWT) render this verse as follows: “The Word was a god.” These translators argue that there is no article before theos (God). Therefore, they argue, this verse does not support system" rel="">support the fact that Jesus is divine. Instead, this passage is describing that Jesus is godlike, but not God. Is this the case?

RESPONSE: This debated Greek text reads as follows:

Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ λόγος, καὶ ὁ λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν θεόν, καὶ θεὸς ἦν ὁ λόγος

First, if John was trying to communicate that Jesus was godlike, he had a word at his disposal. Carson writes, “There is a perfectly serviceable word in Greek for ‘divine’ (namely theios).”[1] But John didn’t use this word; he intentionally used theos instead.

Second, there are other places in the NT where the predicate nominative[2] has no article, but the NWT translates the predicate nominative as definite—not indefinite. This shows terrible inconsistency on behalf of the NWT. R.H. Countess writes,

In the New Testament there are 282 occurrences of the anarthrous [or lack of the article] θεός. At sixteen places NWT has either a god, god, gods, or godly. Sixteen out of 282 means that the translators were faithful to their translation principle only six percent of the time… The first section of John-1:1–18—furnishes a lucid example of NWT arbitrary dogmatism. Θεός occurs eight times-verses 1, 2, 6, 12, 13, 18—and has the article only twice-verses 1, 2. Yet NWT six times translated “God,” once “a god,” and once “the god.”[3]

If we followed this translation rule consistently, we would need to translate all of these passages in this way (because all of these lack the article in front of them):

John 1:1 as “a beginning,” rather than “the beginning.”

John 1:4 as “a life,” rather than simply “life.”

John 1:6 as “there came a man sent from a god.”

John 1:18 as “No one has seen a god at any time.”

Carson adds, “Even in this chapter, ‘you are the King of Israel’ (1:49) has no article before ‘King’ in the original (cf. also Jn. 8:39; 17:17; Rom. 14:17; Gal. 4:25; Rev. 1:20).”[4]

Third, John most likely wrote it this way to show the diversity in the Godhead. He wanted to be clear that Jesus was God (in nature), but he was a separate person from God (in person). This grammatical construction brilliantly shows the unity of God (Jesus is God), while also preserving the diversity of God (Jesus is not the Father). Carson notes, “The effect of ordering the words this way is to emphasize ‘God’, as if John were saying, ‘and the word was God!’ In fact, if John had included the article, he would have been saying something quite untrue. He would have been so identifying the Word with God that no divine being could exist apart from the Word.”[5] Greek expert Daniel Wallace writes,

Such an option does not at all impugn the deity of Christ. Rather, it stresses that, although the person of Christ is not the person of the Father, their essence is identical. Possible translations are as follows: “What God was, the Word was” (NEB), or “the Word was divine” (a modified Moffatt). In this second translation, “divine” is acceptable only if it is a term that can be applied only to true deity. However, in modern English, we use it with reference to angels, theologians, even a meal! Thus “divine” could be misleading in an English translation. The idea of a qualitative θεός here is that the Word had all the attributes and qualities that “the God” (of 1:1b) had. In other words, he shared the essence of the Father, though they differed in person. The construction the evangelist chose to express this idea was the most concise way he could have stated that the Word was God and yet was distinct from the Father.[6]

Fourth, elsewhere, John uses the definite article to refer to Christ. If Jehovah’s witnesses are hanging their case on this weak grammatical argument, they will find themselves in trouble when we get to 20:28. Here, John uses the definite article to refer to Christ (ho theos), when he exclaims, “My Lord and my God!” Jehovah’s Witnesses dodge this biblical assertion of Jesus’ deity by arguing that this is similar to someone winning a car on The Price is Right and exclaiming, “Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!” However, Jesus’ clear affirmation of Thomas’ belief surely invalidates this completely bizarre interpretation (20:29).

It shouldn’t surprise us that Greek grammarians have viciously criticized the translators of the New World Translation for their poor scholarship. Cult expert Ron Rhodes writes,

Dr. Julius Mantey, author of A Manual Grammar of the Greek New Testament, calls the New World Translation ‘a shocking mistranslation.’ Dr. Bruce M. Metzger, professor of New Testament at Princeton University, calls it ‘a frightful mistranslation,’ ‘erroneous,’ ‘pernicious,’ and ‘reprehensible.’ Dr. William Barclay concluded that ‘the deliberate distortion of truth by this sect is seen in their New Testament translation…. It is abundantly clear that a sect which can translate the New Testament like that is intellectually dishonest.’[7]

Due to these vicious critiques by NT scholars, the Watchtower has always protected the identity of its translators. They argue that they hide the identity of the translators in order to be humble and give the glory to God. Suspiciously, however, this anonymity has made it difficult to check the credentials of their “scholarly” translators.

When Raymond Franz was disfellowshiped from the Jehovah’s Witnesses, he gave up the names of the translators: Nathan Knorr, Frederick Franz, Albert Schroeder, George Gangas, and Milton Henschel. Rhodes writes, “It quickly became apparent that the committee was completely unqualified for the task. Four of the five men in the committee had no Hebrew or Greek. The fifth—Frederick Franz—claimed to know Hebrew and Greek, but upon examination under oath in court of law in Edinburgh, Scotland, was found to fail a simple Hebrew test.”[8]

For more on this subject, see our earlier article “Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

[1] Carson, D.A. The Gospel According to John. Grand Rapids, MI: Inter-Varsity Press, 1991. 117.

[2] Grammatically, the predicate noun is the noun that is equated with the subject by means of the verb “to be.” For example, “She is the woman.” She is the subject. Woman is the predicate nominative. In this passage, the predicate nominative is theos or “God.”

[3] R. H. Countess, The Jehovah’s Witnesses’ New Testament: A Critical Analysis of the New World Translation of the Christian Greek Scriptures (Philipsburg, N. J.: Presbyterian and Reformed, 1982) 54–55. Cited in Wallace, Daniel. Greek Grammar beyond the Basics: An Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan. 1996. 267.

[4] Carson, D.A. The Gospel According to John. Grand Rapids, MI: Inter-Varsity Press, 1991. 117.

[5] Carson, D.A. The Gospel According to John. Grand Rapids, MI: Inter-Varsity Press, 1991. 117.

[6] Emphasis his. Wallace, Daniel. Greek Grammar beyond the Basics: An Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan. 1996. 269.

[7] Rhodes, Ron. The Challenge of the Cults and New Religions: The Essential Guide to Their History, Their Doctrine, and Our Response. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2001. 94.

[8] Rhodes, Ron. The Challenge of the Cults and New Religions: The Essential Guide to Their History, Their Doctrine, and Our Response. Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2001. 94.

Mark, do you or have you read much of DA Carson's writings.  He is usually one of the speakers that I attend in FL every yr.  He is just great in his teachings and theologically sound.  If you haven't read him,. You should, you would enjoy and very educational

barb

• Thanks 1

Just a thought......

Fruit of the poisonous tree
image.jpeg.8b156185a0e56de53ded9f5f27379dde.jpeg
Fruit of the poisonous tree is a legal metaphor in the United States used to describe evidence that is obtained illegally. The logic of the terminology is that if the source of the evidence or evidence itself is tainted, then anything gained from it is tainted as well. Wikipedia
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, learning all i can said:

Mark, do you or have you read much of DA Carson's writings.  He is usually one of the speakers that I attend in FL every yr.  He is just great in his teachings and theologically sound.  If you haven't read him,. You should, you would enjoy and very educational

barb

Hello Barb,

I don't recall reading any of DA Carson's writings.  Thank you for the referral. 

1 hour ago, Botzwana said:

False Markinsa.  I call you out now.  Prove to me where I have posted that exact John 1:1 rebuttal.  I will wait.

haha.. Good thing I read this, or I would have kept you up all night.  I am corrected, you only posted it once.  I must have seen it earlier on the blogspot where you got it.

How do you feel about the Hacks that translated the NWT?

1 hour ago, Markinsa said:

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Botzwana said:

So...you believe a crazy bitter, old man like Raymond Franz that was removed?  HAHA...he doesn´t know.  Never did.  That is like relying on an ex employee of a company to find out all about it instead of going to the company itself...Or seeing a youtube of a disneyland video and thinking you know it all despite never visiting the park for yourself.

So hilarious to me that you are so paranoid about it when in the majority of instances I have used other Bibles to completely destroy your points but yet...you focus on the NWT because ya got nothing else. 

You've only destroyed my points in your own mind.  You did nothing to the reality that the NWT is a hack job of a bible.  Even if those weren't the actual translators, the evidence speaks for itself.   If the hackers of the NWT is so confident in their work, then why not show the world who these scholars are? 

You would think that the Human Soul being so valuable that they would want to save as many of us as possible by providing the scholars who were able to come up with the Masterpiece of the NWT,  to authenticate it.  But they won't and you know it, because it is a hack job, and that makes you just as guilty as they are that you're promoting it. 

Anyway, it doesn't really matter, because the preceding article still destroyed your "a god" theory.  And since that is false, everything around it falls apart like a cheap suit.

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Botzwana said:

So...you believe a crazy bitter, old man like Raymond Franz that was removed?  HAHA...he doesn´t know.  Never did.  That is like relying on an ex employee of a company to find out all about it instead of going to the company itself...Or seeing a youtube of a disneyland video and thinking you know it all despite never visiting the park for yourself.

So hilarious to me that you are so paranoid about it when in the majority of instances I have used other Bibles to completely destroy your points but yet...you focus on the NWT because ya got nothing else. 

I have used other Bibles to completely destroy your points but yet... Would someone please give this person a medal, hes such a destroyer!

• Thanks 2