Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Where in the Bible does it say God the son?

Synopsis

4 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Eh why not?  I do not believe in hell and do not believe the Bible teaches it.  1 John 4:8 God is love.  If God is love, then it is NOT loving for him to burn souls forever in a hell.  That is called torture.  We do not even torture in the U.S.  Normal people consider it inhumane.  God is also a god of justice.  It is not justice to torture someone for infinity for only 60 years of sins on Earth.  Besides Jeremiah 7:31 says the very idea of burning people live while on this Earth, has never entered his mind.

And synopsis...I gotta ask.  Where in the Bible does it say God the son?  Not the son of God mind you, but God the son.

1 hour ago, Bama Girl said:

Mark 9: 47-47 “And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.’

Revelation 20:15 “And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.” 

I hope this thread doesn’t turn into an argument, don’t think that was the intention. We all have our beliefs based on how we understand the Word. All I encourage people to do is read the Bible themselves and pray for spiritual understanding. I prefer the KJV due to too many differences in the wording in other versions which can change the meaning of the text. But, that is my belief and I am not trying to convince others to believe as I do. 😊

Botwana, Bama Girl gave a most excellent reply and YOU will do well to head it in all due diligence.

Botzwana, I am not going to embrace the lies of Jehovah's Witnesses that You expose or argue with You since You, as well as ALL Jehovah's Witnesses, twist, misinterpret, and mistranslate the Word Of GOD. I made mention earlier I am going to leave You in Your deception. Since You did ask, "Where in the Bible does it say God the Son?", I will leave You with the very words of Jesus Christ HIMSELF. Of course, the Gospels, as well as other part of the New Testatment (even Psalm 2 notes the Son), are replete with Jesus Christ being God's Son.

John 10:22-42 New International Version (NIV)

Further Conflict Over Jesus’ Claims

22 Then came the Festival of Dedication[a] at Jerusalem. It was winter,23 and Jesus was in the temple courts walking in Solomon’s Colonnade.24 The Jews who were there gathered around him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”

25 Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The works I do in my Father’s name testify about me, 26 but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish;no one will ****** them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all[b]; no one can ****** them out of my Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

31 Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32 but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33 “We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods”’[c]? 35 If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37 Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38 But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” 39 Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.

40 Then Jesus went back across the Jordan to the place where John had been baptizing in the early days. There he stayed, 41 and many people came to him. They said, “Though John never performed a sign, all that John said about this man was true.” 42 And in that place many believed in Jesus.

Footnotes:

1. John 10:22 That is, Hanukkah
  2. John 10:29 Many early manuscripts What my Father has given me is greater than all
  3. John 10:34 Psalm 82:6

The ***** was auto edited out. The ***** can be interpreted as, "quickly and certainly taken out of."

Edited by Synopsis
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

Bot, trying not to get off topic, but my understanding is that Yeshua is declared to be the Son of God on two separate occasions by a voice speaking from Heaven. The doctrine of the Trinity identifies Jesus as God the Son, identical in essence but distinct in person with regard to God the Father and God the Holy Spirit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Botswana, if I had time, I could point you to many references as to life eternal for the believers and life eternal in hell for non-believers. However, I don’t have time.

It is impossible to understand God’s word with the natural mind.  ( 1 Corinthians: 15- “But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned”.

One must be given the eyes to see and ears to hear by the Lord, in order to understand.

This is my belief. 

Edited by Bama Girl
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Philippians 2:1-9 English Standard Version (ESV)

Christ's Example of Humility

2 So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, 2 complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. 3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. 4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. 5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,[a] 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant,[c] being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name...

Edited by DinarDavo
  • Thanks 1

botwana, as far as I can tell and as far as I have studied, there is no where in the Bible that actually or literally uses the 3 words that "God is Jesus".  With that said, there are many things that the Bible indicates in one Scripture and followed up in numerous other Scripture to prove the text.

This is one of the most well known "proof text" that our Lord Jesus is eternal God ( beginning means eternity past)

John 1:1-4,  In the beginning " was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.  2.  He was in the beginning with God.  3.  All things

Weree made through Him and without Him nothing was made that was made.  4.  In Him was life and the life and the life was the light of men.  5.  And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

1st and foremost I think that we agree that there is only one true God

2nd. The Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit are truely distinct person's.

3rd.  Each has the essential attributes of deity.

The oneness of God is uncontested by all that believe the Bible.  This is where putting Scripture after scipture together letting each prove it's actual meaning.  I will list several of then for you to read and will not qouted as my time today is limited.

if we are to take God's Word as our one and only true source of His deity then we must conclude that our Lord Jesus is God.  Of course if you have another book that has been written by mere man and believe that also, then I can understand your confusion.

John 5:18

John 8:24

John 8:58 with Exodus 3:14

John 20:28

as you can see this is why John has been called the "I AM"  book in our Bible

Col. 2:9

Phil. 2:5-8

Hebrews 1:8

1 Corinthians 8:8

I personally only have one book that I feel leads me and continues to grow my faith.  It is the book that claims to be the true Word of God, God breathed and inspired.  The Lord speaks and the Bible is the voice of God.

This Book is in perfect unity....66 perfect books with diversity of each writer given by the one true God.

It is reliable. It has been handed down for 1300 yrs but is still the same.  In '48 and '49 copies of the original text of the Bible was found, over and still the Bible is the same.

It is sciencetifically accurate:. Time, God, the Heavens and Creation can't be disputed.

The fullness of prophecy and I could go on and on but if you have another book that you also believe  besides the Bible then I cannot comment on your belief and try to persuade you differently as you will not be able to convince me of yours.  Therefore we would and could knock heads all day long.  I pray that all will see the Word and His light and fall before Him with praise and glory.  For me Jesus Christ is Lord.  Jesus is God..He is the great I AM.....amen

barb

Edited by learning all i can
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Botzwana, the doctrine of the Trinity does not fully explain the mysterious character of God and the word Trinity is not used in the Bible. It defines the limits of our finite reflection. The Bible expects that we be faithful to the biblical revelation that in one sense God is one and in a different sense He is three.

The doctrine of the Trinity affirms the triunity of God.The doctrine of the Trinity is not a contradiction: God is one in essence and three in person.The Bible affirms both the oneness of God and the deity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.The Trinity is distinguished by the work assumed by the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.The doctrine of the Trinity sets the limits of human speculation about the nature of God.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

10 hours ago, DinarDavo said:

Philippians 2:1-9 English Standard Version (ESV)

Christ's Example of Humility

2 So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, 2 complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. 3 Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. 4 Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. 5 Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,[a] 6 who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant,[c] being born in the likeness of men. 8 And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. 9 Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name...

KJV version of above:  Philippians 2: 1-11 

If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Bama Girl said:

KJV version of above:  Philippians 2: 1-11 

If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies, Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Crystal clear....

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

He is great for giving summaries of Dinar information but explaining the Bible is a different animal for him.

Hmmmmmmmm...............................................................

Disappointing.

I would rather hear from God The Holy Spirit than any one and I trust others want the same. So, that is why I quote the Scriptures. They speak for themselves from God The Holy Spirit. Why does my explaining the Scriptures make any difference when God The Holy Spirit, who caused men to write the Scriptures, can and does explain the Scriptures without human (myself included) intervention?

Take a look at this for why it is senseless to argue over the lies and misrepresentations You present:

2 Timothy 2:14-26 New International Version (NIV)

Dealing With False Teachers

14 Keep reminding God’s people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 16 Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly. 17 Their teaching will spread like gangrene. Among them are Hymenaeus and Philetus, 18 who have departed from the truth. They say that the resurrection has already taken place, and they destroy the faith of some. 19 Nevertheless, God’s solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness.”

20 In a large house there are articles not only of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay; some are for special purposes and some for common use. 21 Those who cleanse themselves from the latter will be instruments for special purposes, made holy, useful to the Master and prepared to do any good work.

22 Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23 Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. 24 And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.25 Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, 26 and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

New International Version (NIV)

Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica

So, from these very plain words, do You, Botzwana, see why I do not wish to engage in Scriptural arguments especially with YOUR twisting of the words of Scripture?

Here is something You would likely do well to consider:

Mark 9:48 Mounce Reverse-Interlinear New Testament (MOUNCE)

48 wherehopou ·ho theirautos wormskōlēx does notou dieteleutaō, andkai theho firepyr is notou quenchedsbennymi.’

Mounce Reverse-Interlinear New Testament (MOUNCE)

The Mounce Reverse-Interlinear™ New Testament (MOUNCE) Copyright © 2011 by Robert H. Mounce and William D. Mounce. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 
“Reverse-Interlinear” is a trademark of William D. Mounce.

σκώληξ (skōlēx)

Strong: G4663

GK: G5038

a worm; met. gnawing anguish, Mk. 9:48

See everywhere skōl

ēx appears in the New Testament via teknia.com.

Acts 12:23 Mounce Reverse-Interlinear New Testament (MOUNCE)

23 Andde immediatelyparachrēma an angelangelos ofkyrios the Lordkyrios struck Herodautos downpatassō becauseanti hos he did notou givedidōmi theho glorydoxa toho Godtheos, andkai he wasginomai eatenskōlēkobrōtos by worms and diedekpsychō.

The Mounce Reverse-Interlinear™ New Testament (MOUNCE) Copyright © 2011 by Robert H. Mounce and William D. Mounce. Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide. 

σκωληκόβρωτος (skōlēkobrōtos)

Strong: G4662

GK: G5037

eaten of worms, consumed by worms, Acts 12:23

See everywhere skōlēkobrōtos appears in the New Testament via teknia.com.

So, the worm is a "gnawing anguish". This is what persons will experience without Jesus Christ for eternity. The "worm" referred to in Mark 9:48 is not a physical worm. My opinion is the "gnawing anguish" is the realization (conscience) that it didn't have to end with eternal separation from God The Father, God The Son, AND God The Holy Spirit. The persons in Hell will realize they rejected the free gift of eternal life freely given in Jesus Christ. Sure, many people have never heard the Gospel of salvation in Jesus Christ but, at the same time, never want to hear about it either.

What are YOU going to do, Botzwana? Show Your Jehovah Witness 90 hour a month time sheets at the Great White Throne? Vomit out all the Jehovah's Witnesses lies? How far is that going to go? Twisting Scriptures does not work.

The ONLY thing I will claim is Jesus Christ died for ALL my sins, rose again, and ascended to Heavan AND I received Jesus Christ into my being. The shed blood of Jesus Christ on the cross is my claim for total remission of ALL my sins and unites me for eternity with God The Father, God The Son (Jesus Christ), AND God The Holy Spirit.

Look, Botzwana, ALL YOU want to do is argue. Due to direction from Scriptures, I am NOT going to do that. I do not have to or need to. I presented my understanding while it is ONLY God The Holy Spirit that reveals the truth of Jesus Christ.

John 14:15-31 New International Version (NIV)

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit

15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[a] in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me.Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.”

22 Then Judas (not Judas Iscariot) said, “But, Lord, why do you intend to show yourself to us and not to the world?”

23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them. 24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

25 All this I have spoken while still with you. 26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

28 “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. 29 I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. 30 I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me, 31 but he comes so that the world may learn that I love the Father and do exactly what my Father has commanded me.

“Come now; let us leave.

Footnotes:

1. John 14:17 Some early manuscripts and is

Psalm 2:7-12 New International Version (NIV)

7 I will proclaim the Lord’s decree:

He said to me, “You are my son;
    today I have become your father.
Ask me,
    and I will make the nations your inheritance,
    the ends of the earth your possession.
You will break them with a rod of iron[a];
    you will dash them to pieces like pottery.”

10 Therefore, you kings, be wise;
    be warned, you rulers of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with fear
    and celebrate his rule with trembling.
12 Kiss his son, or he will be angry
    and your way will lead to your destruction,
for his wrath can flare up in a moment.
    Blessed are all who take refuge in him.

Footnotes:

1. Psalm 2:9 Or will rule them with an iron scepter (see Septuagint and Syriac)
I really DO NOT want people to listen to what I have to say. Sure, I can give testimony to what and why I believe what I believe. HOWEVER, it is TANTAMOUNT to listen to God The Holy Spirit.
I realize some individuals do not recognize the clear reference to Jesus Christ proclaiming the Trinity here:

Matthew 28:16-20 New International Version (NIV)

The Great Commission

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

So, Jesus said about worship:

Matthew 4:8-10 New International Version (NIV)

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’[a]

Footnotes:

1. Matthew 4:10 Deut. 6:13

So, Jesus Christ receiving worship as noted in Matthew 28 clearly shows HE (Jesus Christ) is God while he commanded disciples be baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. This clearly is an undeniable reference to the Trinity. Unlike, of course, the Jehovah's Witnesses who twist words and want to argue about Scriptures which I won't do.

I apologize in advance for the editor. For some reason, the text is all messed up as I am viewing my post.

Edited by Synopsis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

In an effort to keep the below question from hijacking the other thread, I'm moving all the related posts from that thread to this new topic. :twothumbs:

@Botzwana

17 hours ago, Botzwana said:

And synopsis...I gotta ask.  Where in the Bible does it say God the son?  Not the son of God mind you, but God the son.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

There you go again Synopsis, attacking my character.  Saying I am twisting and lying.  You never debate the point.  Always attacking the person.  I see what you do to Shabbs and the boston guy all of the time.  You are quite abusive sir.  

Again for the fourth time, I asked where God the son was said in the Bible.  4 times and still no answer.  So I will ask a new one.  Where is it said God the holy spirit in the Bible?  You said it three times above but clearly that expression GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT is not found in the Bible either.

Gonna give me real answers or just go on attacking my character again?  Tired of being called a liar by you.  But somehow the mods permit it.

What exactly have I lied about?  Name one.  If I have a different interpretation from you does not mean I am lying.  I am calling you out right now.  WHAT have I lied about?

Look, Botzwana, all YOU want to do is argue points that are very clear from Scriptures. You believe there is no Hell and eternal punishment for those who reject the free gift of eternal life in God The Son Jesus Christ? Sure, You want an exact expression about something that is so clear. Why do YOU, Botzwana, choose to ignore it? Numerous Scriptures have been supplied in the past to YOU, Botzwana, that have VERY clear references and yet YOU, Botzwana, keep twisting the words to mean something it clearly does not.

YOU, Botzwana, claim to be a self ascribed authority but have no consistency with the Scriptures. Sure, I could claim abusive behavior from YOU, Botzwana, but why do that? I want no sympathy for myself since it is really the clear Scriptures You deny.

Here is a VERY clear and ominous warning:

Hebrews 10:26-39 New International Version (NIV)

26 If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,”[a] and again, “The Lord will judge his people.”[b] 31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

32 Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you endured in a great conflict full of suffering. 33 Sometimes you were publicly exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated. 34 You suffered along with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property, because you knew that you yourselves had better and lasting possessions. 35 So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.

36 You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. 37 For,

“In just a little while,
    he who is coming will come
    and will not delay.”[c]

38 And,

“But my righteous[d] one will live by faith.
    And I take no pleasure
    in the one who shrinks back.”[e]

39 But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved.

Footnotes:

1. Hebrews 10:30 Deut. 32:35
  2. Hebrews 10:30 Deut. 32:36; Psalm 135:14
  3. Hebrews 10:37 Isaiah 26:20; Hab. 2:3
  4. Hebrews 10:38 Some early manuscripts But the righteous
  5. Hebrews 10:38 Hab. 2:4 (see Septuagint)

I'll let the Scriptures speak and refrain from the key highlights.

As far as the Trinity, I quotes Matthew 28:16-20. What more could YOU, Botzwana, ask for? Well, OK, here is some more:

Hebrews 1:1-4 New International Version (NIV)

God’s Final Word: His Son

In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.

Are YOU, Botzwana, looking for affirmation from anyone to deny the truth about Scriptures? NOT from me. I want HIM (God The Holy Spirit) to speak to You:

John 16:7-11 New International Version (NIV)

But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you. When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: about sin, because people do not believe in me; 10 about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; 11 and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.

Obviously, I AM NOT going to utilize ANY Jehovah Witness framework to prove to YOU, Botzwana, the points YOU, Botzwana, request since the Jehovah's Witnesses have so twisted the Scriptures.

Here is other supporting evidence:

1 John 4:1-3 Mounce Reverse-Interlinear New Testament (MOUNCE)

Dear friendsagapētos, dopisteuō not believepisteuō everypas spiritpneuma, butalla testdokimazō theho spiritspneuma to find out whetherei they areeimi fromek ·ho Godtheos, becausehoti manypolys false prophetspseudoprophētēs have gone outexerchomai intoeis theho worldkosmos.This is howen you can recognizeginōskō theho Spiritpneuma ofho Godtheos: everypas spiritpneuma thathos confesseshomologeō that JesusIēsous ChristChristos has comeerchomai inen the fleshsarx iseimi fromek ·ho Godtheos, butkai everypas spiritpneuma thathos does not confesshomologeō ·ho JesusIēsous iseimi notou fromek ·ho Godtheos. ·kai Thishoutos iseimi theho spirit of theho Antichristantichristos, whichhos you heardakouō was comingerchomai, andkai nownyn iseimi alreadyēdē inen theho worldkosmos.

θεός (theos)

Strong: G2316

GK: G2536

a deity, Acts 7:43; 1 Cor. 8:5; an idol, Acts 7:40; God, the true God, Mt. 3:9, et al. freq.; God, possessed of true godhead, Jn. 1:1; Rom. 9:5; from the Hebrew, applied to potentates, Jn. 10:34, 35; τῷ θεῷ, an intensive term, from the Hebrew, exceedingly, Acts 7:20, and, perhaps, 2 Cor. 10:4

See everywhere theos appears in the New Testament via teknia.com.

ψευδοπροφήτης (pseudoprophētēs)

Strong: G5578

GK: G6021

a false prophet, one who falsely claims to speak by divine inspiration, whether as a foreteller of future events, or as a teacher of doctrines, Mt. 7:15; 24:24; Mk. 13:22; Acts 13:6; 1 Jn. 4:1; Rev. 16:13

See everywhere pseudoprophētēs appears in the New Testament via teknia.com.

πνεῦμα (pneuma)

Strong: G4151

GK: G4460

wind, air in motion, Jn. 3:8; breath, 2 Thess. 2:8; the substance spirit, Jn. 3:6; a spirit, spiritual being, Jn. 4:24; Acts 23:8, 9; Heb. 1:14; a bodiless spirit, specter, Lk. 24:37; a foul spirit, δαιμόνιον, Mt. 8:16; Lk. 10:20; spirit, as a vital principle, Jn. 6:63; 1 Cor. 15:45; the human spirit, the soul, Mt. 26:41; 27:50; Acts 7:59; 1 Cor. 7:34; Jas. 2:26; the spirit as the seat of thought and feeling, the mind, Mk. 8:12; Acts 19:21; spirit, mental frame, 1 Cor. 4:21; 1 Pet. 3:4; a characteristic spirit, an influential principle, Lk. 9:55; 1 Cor. 2:12; 2 Tim. 1:7; a pervading influence, Rom. 11:8; spirit, frame of mind, as distinguished from outward circumstances and action, Mt. 5:3; spirit as distinguished from outward show and form. Jn. 4:23; spirit, a divinely bestowed spiritual frame, characteristic of true believers, Rom. 8:4; Jude 19; spirit, latent spiritual import, spiritual significance, as distinguished from the mere letter, Rom. 2:29; 7:6; 2 Cor. 3:6, 17; spirit, as a term for a process superior to a merely natural or carnal course of things, by the operation of the Divine Spirit, Rom. 8:4; Gal. 4:29; a spiritual dispensation, or a sealing energy of the Holy Spirit, Heb. 9:14; the Holy Spirit, Mt. 3:16; 12:31; Jn. 1:32, 33; a gift of the Holy Spirit, Jn. 7:39; Acts 19:2; 1 Cor. 14:12; an operation or influence of the Holy Spirit, 1 Cor. 12:3; a spiritual influence, an inspiration, Mt. 22:43; Lk. 2:27; Eph. 1:17; a professedly divine communication, or, a professed possessor of a spiritual communication, 1 Cor. 12:10; 2 Thess. 2:2; 1 Jn. 4:1, 2, 3

See everywhere pneuma appears in the New Testament via teknia.com.

ὁμολογέω (homologeō)

Strong: G3670

GK: G3933

to speak in accordance, adopt the same terms of language; to engage, promise, Mt. 14:7; to admit, avow frankly, Jn. 1:20; Acts 24:14; to confess, 1 Jn. 1:9; to profess, confess, Jn. 9:22; 12:42; Acts 23:8; to avouch, declare openly and solemnly, Mt. 7:23; in NT ὁμολογεῖν ἐν, to accord belief, Mt. 10:32; Lk. 12:8; to accord approbation, Lk. 12:8; from the Hebrew, to accord praise, Heb. 13:15

See everywhere homologeō appears in the New Testament via teknia.com.

Ἰησοῦς (Iēsous)

Strong: G2424

GK: G2652

a Savior, Jesus, Mt. 1:21, 25; 2:1, et al. freq.; Joshua, Acts 7:45; Heb. 4:8; Jesus, a Jewish Christian, Col. 4:11

See everywhere Iēsous appears in the New Testament via teknia.com.

Χριστός (Christos)

Strong: G5547

GK: G5986

pr. anointed; ὁ Χριστός, the Christ, the Anointed One, i.e. Μεσσίας, the Messiah, Mt. 1:16, 17; Jn. 1:20, 25, 42; meton. Christ, the word or doctrine of Christ, 2 Cor. 1:19; 21; Eph. 4:20; Christ, a truly Christian frame of doctrine and affection, Rom. 8:10; Gal. 4:19; Christ, the Church of Christ, 1 Cor. 12:12; Christ the distinctive privileges of the Gospel of Christ, Gal. 3:27; Phil. 3:8; Heb. 3:14

See everywhere Christos appears in the New Testament via teknia.com.

ἔρχομαι (erchomai)

Strong: G2064

GK: G2262

to come, to go, to pass. By the combination of this verb with other terms, a variety of meaning results, which, however, is due, not to a change of meaning in the verb, but to the adjuncts. Ὁ ἐρχόμενος, He who is coming, the expected Messiah, Mt. 11:3

See everywhere erchomai appears in the New Testament via teknia.com.

σάρξ (sarx)

Strong: G4561

GK: G4922

flesh, Lk. 24:39; Jn. 3:6; the human body, 2 Cor. 7:5; flesh, human nature, human frame, Jn. 1:13, 14; 1 Pet. 4:1; 1 Jn. 4:2; kindred, Rom. 11:14; lineage, Rom. 1:3; 9:3; flesh, humanity, human beings, Mt. 24:22; Lk. 3:6; Jn. 17:2; the circumstances of the body, material condition, 1 Cor. 5:5; 7:28; Phlm. 16; flesh, mere humanity, human fashion, 1 Cor. 1:26; 2 Cor. 1:17; flesh as the seat of passion and frailty, Rom. 8:1, 3, 5; carnality, Gal. 5:24; materiality, material circumstance, as opposed to the spiritual, Phil. 3:3, 4; Col. 2:18; a material system or mode, Gal. 3:3; Heb. 9:10

See everywhere sarx appears in the New Testament via teknia.com.

2 Corinthians 5:18-6:2 New International Version (NIV)

18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: 19 that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20 We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.21 God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

As God’s co-workers we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain.For he says,

“In the time of my favor I heard you,
    and in the day of salvation I helped you.”[b]

I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.

Footnotes:

1. 2 Corinthians 5:21 Or be a sin offering
  2. 2 Corinthians 6:2 Isaiah 49:8

So, from Scriptures, YOUR, Botzwana, issues about Jesus Christ being God HIMSELF in the Flesh AND being God The Son have already been CLEARLY answered numerous times. YOU, Botzwana, choose NOT to accept AND believe the TRUTH. So, why argue with YOU, Botzwana, over the TRUTH YOU, Botzwana, reject?

Matthew 28:16-20 is from Jesus Christ HIMSELF and CLEARLY notes God The Holy Spirit. How much proof does ANYONE need or want? Why do YOU, Botzwans, NOT rely directly on Scriptures and what God The Holy Spirit is saying through Scriptures?

14 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Botzwana, I am not going to embrace the lies of Jehovah's Witnesses that You expose or argue with You since You, as well as ALL Jehovah's Witnesses, twist, misinterpret, and mistranslate the Word Of GOD.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm....................................................................I clearly stated Jehovah's Witness is lies. Whether YOU, Botzwana, identify with that is YOUR, Botzwana, concern. I will not affiliate with the lies of Jehovah's Witness.

Look, Botzwana, as I said before, ALL YOU, Botzwana, want to do is argue. I for one know Jehovah's Witness is all lies so I am not going to argue from ANY Jehovah's Witness framework and will end here regardless of whether or not YOU, Botzwana, have received satisfactory clear answers from untwisted Scriptures since we all are admonished NOT to quarrel about words that YOU, Botzwana, so freely twist from Scriptures. Incessantly asking questions does not discount the TRUTH of UNTWISTED Scriptures.

• Thanks 4

6 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Dancing around the topic again.  5th time.  Where in the Bible does the expression God the son and God the holy spirit happen?  I see you have not provided it so far.  So...either stop using those false expressions  because Therefore you are adding to the Bible.  I think there was something in Revelation about adding to the Bible...hmm....  And since you refuse to apologize for calling me a liar earlier, I continue my charge that you are abusive.

The topic of this thread is WHERE in the Bible does the expression God the son happen...  It has not been answered so far.  

That is a incorrect statement, "it has not been answered".  I answered you but yet you continue to press each and every one here.  In one of your post you said you weren't here to persuade others so that leaves me to think that you must just want to argue with us and the Word of God.  You can mock us all day long but God WILL  NOT be mocked.   you have enough Scripture here to show you how we have come to believe in the Trinity but I doubt that you read one Scripture and only skimmed over them.

I certainly mindn your original question and thought it was a fair question that I was anxious and pleased to share with you and others.  But you don't want our true answers, you want to argue apparently.  I'm sorry you feel the way you do

barb

Edited by learning all i can
Spelling
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

Barb,  Wrong.  The term God the Son is not in the Bible.  THAT is what I asked for.  I didn´t ask for halfbaked ways to think up a trinity.  I asked a specific question.  You did not provide the answer.  The term is not in there.  Go ahead and tell me that.  And if the term is not there.  Quit using it.  You are the one mocking God by adding things to the Bible that are not there.  God the holy spirit is also not in the Bible so quit using that term too.  Now let me go over your verses.

Thanks for typing in small words.  Synopsis has to type in GREAT BIG GRANDIOUS passages in an attempt to make his stuff stand out.  One scripture from him is almost a full page due to the font he uses.

Would love to talk with you but let us have some ground rules.  

Notice the name of this thread....SHOW ME WHERE IT SAYS GOD THE SON.  The title of this post is NOT- prove to me the trinity.  Don´t you see the difference?  I do not think you understand mocking of God either.  I didn´t mock God.  Just because trinitarians use a phrase that is madeup is not mocking god.  If anything it is supporting him.

Bot, please go back to my very first post on this subject..  I told you that I could not find or did not know any where in the Bible that those 3 words that you are looking for exisit. So I did agree that they were not there but explained why we( others that also believe in the Trinity) believe that Jesus is God.  Please read my first post and then please explain why you can't understand.  Do you have another book besides the Bible that leads you to a different belief from most of us or is this something that your Pastor has lead you to believe?  I just find it difficult to believe that you with your Bibical knowledge could not believe that Jesus is God incarnate.  My biggest question is:  Is the Holy Bible your one and only source of truth......I thank you in advance for answering my question to you as I feel that I adequately provided the answer that you were looking for. 

barb

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

Thanks for being more reasonable than others.  Why do people use that expression then?  God the son.  I find it to be manipulative.  No, let us use only the Bible.  The reason I cannot believe Jesus is God is many.  If one just reads Matthew Mark Luke and John without any bias.  Just reading them, they do not come away with a trinity.  Numbers 23:19 says God is not a man.  The jews believed it ...It would not make sense for God to become in human form after that was written because it would make the Bible and that verse untrue.  I have many other reasons mind you.  Satan tempting Jesus in the wilderness.  Can God be tempted?  Satan offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world.  Doesn´t God not own the world which he created?  Can God fail?  What sort of a tempation are all the kingdoms of the world to one who created the entire universe?  I have many more reasons but lets start with these.

hmmmmmm....I guess you really didn't read my very 1 St post because I named the book of John as the " I AM"  book.  If Jesus was only a Prophet of God's, would He be able to lie about this?

when you speack of the OT God thru HIS PROPHETS MAKE CLEAR that One will come to save mankind from sin and will be praised and glorified as He.  HE WILL BE THE SAVIOUR TO ALL NATIONS.  Who do you think the Jewish people were looking for?  The Messiah that God promised.

The reason that God sent His Son with His very nature and attributes was that he was the only one that could show the standards that our God demands for mankind.  God Himself showed His !ove and Grace by becoming 100% God and 100% man to  live and show us His very own standards knowing that we could never ever reach or live His perfect  and righteous standard......That's why our Lord Jesus died on the cross, to satisfy God's wrath against man that could never live up to His demands of Holiness.  God CANNOT look upon sin with out justly punishing the creatures that He created.  Therefore He, Himself became flesh, lived a sinless life (only He could, don't you agree) and atoned for our sins.  Now to believe that Jesus died on the cross and was resurrected 3 days later is to know that the one and only true God could have done such a act for the love of His creation, man.

Wow, I know we have different beliefs but let us reason together.   I know you believe in Jesus, but only believe in Him as a Prophet.  If the book of John explicitly tells us over and over and Jesus claims to be the great " I AM" , why would God send a liar to us?  Why would God send someone that claimed the same deity as Himself?  Why would Jesus make the claims that He made if God had not done this within Him self?

yes, we have so many questions.  I sure can't answer them all but I'm not supposed to.  Who is to know the mind of our Holy God?

No one!  But He has revealed to us the things that He knows that we need to become  His children.  We are to renew our minds and study His Word to know His truths.  We are to pray for wisdom that will lead us to His very truths of salvation.

Quite honestly, you ask other question that are not even a concern for me right now.  Let's get this right before we move on.

one more thing....you said:  "let's just use the Bible"..that's what I have done.....do you study another JW book along with the Bible?  You didn't answer my question!

thank you for your time

barb

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Numbers 23:19 New International Version (NIV)

19 God is not human, that he should lie,
    not a human being, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act?
    Does he promise and not fulfill?

Philippians 2:5-8 New International Version (NIV)

In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

Who, being in very nature[a]God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature[b]of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death—
        even death on a cross!

Footnotes:

1. Philippians 2:6 Or in the form of
  2. Philippians 2:7 Or the form

If one asks a question for which they DO NOT want an honest answer, then one must expect an answer they honestly DO NOT want to hear.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, umbertino said:

What exactly have I lied about?  Name one.  If I have a different interpretation from you does not mean I am lying.  I am calling you out right now.  WHAT have I lied about?

End Quote

I happen (fwiw) to agree on the above point....Sounds more and more similar to a Politics issue.......

Hey Umb, I've not found a post of yours on this thread........who said that you lied about something that you haven't even written about?

Inquiring little bitty minds want to know.....

barb

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, learning all i can said:

Hey Umb, I've not found a post of yours on this thread........who said that you lied about something that you haven't even written about?

Inquiring little bitty minds want to know.....

barb

I only stated I happened to agree on what Botz wrote above, LAIC...Simply that

Not entering in such a complex  topic ...Since I'm not competent enough...

I just said I found similarities in the tone of the debate with  what gets told  here ( and other places) when People talk Politics....

Hope that clears it....Ciao

Edited by umbertino

KJV John 5:6-13

This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Jesus), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.
If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son. He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

Hey Markinsa,  Since the question has been answered that God the son is NOT in the Bible how about we try something new.  Pick one person who doesn´t fly off the handle and has a reasonable personality, that I and he-she can discuss the Trinity?  A special topic without everyone dogpiling on.  I can give my reasons why it does not make sense to me and the other person give their reasons with commentary and feelings of how they see it.  NOT someone that just posts a scripture then walks away.  Real discusssion.  The Bereons in Acts were shown things in the Bible by Paul and he reasoned with them from the scriptures.

George Hayduke would be a excellent choice for ya but I've not seen him lately besides that it truely does my heart good to see so  many that defends their faith and speacks and brings forth the truth of God and our Lord Jesus Christ.    We are called to defend our faith by God  and that's what all of us here have done.........it's a good thing.

barb

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

The only bible I read ,as I’ve stated before, is the King James and the King James does not have “God the Son” in it, neither the word trinity, and neither several other things ,that I’ve heard others say over the years, are in it. I have nothing to say about the phrase “God the son” because God was not the Son. But I do not understand your view point of what we call the trinity, God, the Word (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit. The reason I usually only quote scripture is that is the truth. My opinion means diddly squat, only God’s Word means anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Botzwana said:

Again for the fourth time, I asked where God the son was said in the Bible.  4 times and still no answer.  So I will ask a new one.  Where is it said God the holy spirit in the Bible?  

Seems somehow this is a merged thread........and I have read some of it and have to ask.......(I'm sure I missed something somewhere......???)

Why do you ask the question.......what is your purpose??

CL

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

Synopsis, CAN you please show me by the heading of this title that I asked you to explain the trinity?  Of course I did not.  So now YOU have lied.  I simply asked for where the term God the Son is for 6 times now and LearningallIcan admitted that no, it is not in the Bible.  Since you give shabbs and Boston pet names perhaps yours should be ABUSIS....for having such an abusive personality.  Like I said, great for dissecting dinar info, and not good at this at all.

Bamagirl,  have NO problem in this world with the SON OF GOD....What the thing is is GOD THE SON....Different meaning.

7 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

I enjoy biblical discussions.  What I do not enjoy is when people post 35 scriptures to back up their point and I gotta spend hours going through each one.  So the new topic would be 3 scriptures per person ....then we talk about each one of them.  When those scriptures have been exhausted, we move onto a new 3.

Hey Botzwana, I already stated I DO NOT ascribe to Jehovah Witness framework in any respect and I have stated emphatically what I believe AND why I believe what I believe from Scriptures with references from Scripture to back it up although prolifically.

I can’t help the fact You, Botzwana, DO NOT like quoted Scriptures and I have, of my own volition, stepped out for the Scripture reasons I quoted.

I care not what misperceptions or misrepresentations You have of me, whatever they are, since I ascribe NOTHING to what You have to say in contradiction to actual Scriptures.

I am not going to argue with You. I do care about You, Botswana, actually believing the TRUTH about and from ACTUAL Scriptures and I trust and pray God The Holy Spirit will use others as tools to reveal the TRUTH to You.

Your antagonistic behavior has demonstrated to me that You, Botzwana, care NOTHING for the TRUTH but only want to misrepresent Scripture and continue to argue once answers have been given although NOT to the inappropriate Jehovah Witness framework.

So, have at it. I DO NOT agree with You or agree with what You are doing.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

Seems somehow this is a merged thread........and I have read some of it and have to ask.......(I'm sure I missed something somewhere......???)

Why do you ask the question.......what is your purpose??

CL

His purpose is to be argumentative.  Sure glad he's picking on Synopsis this time, and not me.  😂😂😂

P.S.  Synopsis is absolutely correct!  I think everybody already knows that.

Edited by Floridian
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2