Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Survey: Emerging market currencies undervalued

Butifldrm

An economic expert calls on the central bank to take a quick step to reassure the street after the Fed's decision

12:01 - 27/09/2018

BAGHDAD ( 
Reuters) - Economist Dr. Salam Smisem called for a quick stance to give reassuring signals to the public that the Federal Reserve's decision to raise the interest rate by a quarter percentage point would leave its impact on the world's economies. 
Smsem, a member of a successful economic development initiative, said Iraq should "take a quick stance, especially as it invests in US Treasury bills." 
"The Iraqi Central Bank demands a quick position that gives reassuring signals to the street."
"In light of the repercussions of the recent steps of the US Federal Reserve to raise interest rates between two and 2.25 percent, and the global economic repercussions that result from it. It is known that Iraq is the fourth largest country of the world invested in US Treasury bills, the Central Bank of Iraq must issue a statement Urgent clarifies the steps that will follow the monetary policy in Iraq on interest rates and related to this decision. " 
The Federal Reserve later raised the benchmark overnight lending rate by a quarter percentage point to a range of two to 2.25 percent. 
Gold prices fell immediately on Wednesday as the dollar rose ahead of the Federal Reserve's monetary policy meeting, which was later announced after the futures contract was settled.
Gold is sensitive to higher interest rates because it strengthens the dollar, which makes gold more expensive for its buyers than other currency holders. It also raises the yield on US bonds, which reduces the attractiveness of unearned gold to yield. 
The central bank said it would discuss Thursday the impact of the Federal Reserve's decision to raise interest rates. The central bank said it would raise interest rates by 25 basis points. 
The Central Bank of Saudi Arabia and the Central Bank of UAE also decided to raise interest rates by 25 basis points after the decision of the Federal Reserve. 
Ended 

m h n

https://www.mawazin.net/Details.aspx?jimare=12775

• Upvote 8

No kidding 10 years.  You are the man who calls it straight.  Let it rip.  Let me nudge you a little bit.  

Hey Iraq shut up you ungrateful pos.  The USA liberated your sorry country twice.  Now you want to cry about a .25 raise in the Fed rate. Give me a break.  Why don’t you people push the damn Dinar button and then your economy will boom.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Pitcher said:

No kidding 10 years.  You are the man who calls it straight.  Let it rip.  Let me nudge you a little bit.  

Hey Iraq shut up you ungrateful pos.  The USA liberated your sorry country twice.  Now you want to cry about a .25 raise in the Fed rate. Give me a break.  Why don’t you people push the damn Dinar button and then your economy will boom.  

" Hey Iraq shut up you ungrateful pos.  The USA liberated your sorry country twice.  Now you want to cry about a .25 raise in the Fed rate. Give me a break.  Why don’t you people push the damn Dinar button and then your economy will boom."

Well Dang it !  . . . Thats what I wuz gonna say ! :lol: 

I will add, however, " Y'all a Bunch O' Chicken Shiite Whiney Cry Babies what couldn't pour pee from a boot with the instructions written on the bottom of the heel ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !  

CRISIS, WHAT CRISIS ! AINT NO DAMN CRISIS, EXCEPT YOU " I don't got no damn Snickers Bars DRAMA QUEENS " have no problem solving skills. A problem comes up,You Idiots go straight to " Chicken Little, The Sky is Falling "

STOOPID, STOOPID, STOOPID - OMG Y'ALL SOOOOO GOSH DAMN STOOPID . . . Buh Wah Ha Ha HA HA HA ( uh, I'm really just getting started, be right back -gotta go poo poo :blush:)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pitcher said:

Perfect 10 years. Speak it as you see it.  

. . .  A Bit on the gracious and conservative side of things tonight, huh.:lol: 

Thanks Pitcher . . . it does help to vent at times . . .hope folks have a good laugh with it. 

I know we rip them a new one daily . . . this just has to be a daunting task for the Honest ( there must be some ) Politicians fighting the entrenched corruption and ALL that it entails.

We've been at this investment a long time. We KNOW where they have been and SEE where they want to go. There's a Helluva lot of centuries old Baggage that's being dragged along with it, is it not. Quite a few Heavyweights, all with opposing views, who want Control and ALL wanting the sweetest part of the pie. 

What a Bare Knuckled fight.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Butifldrm said:

An economic expert calls on the central bank to take a quick step to reassure the street after the Fed's decision

Don’t Get Ur Hopes Up ! Every Time She Calls On The Central Bank - She Keeps Reaching Someone Named ‘Peggy’ ! :o 

peggy.jpg

:D  :D  :D 

• Haha 12

• 3 weeks later...

17 October 2018 01:52 PM
From - Sally Ismail:

Mubasher: Fund managers see emerging-market currencies undervalued, while the US dollar is higher than its value, according to a recent survey by Bank of America.

Recently, emerging-market currencies have suffered from a strong dollar as well as crises in Turkey and Argentina.

The results of the Bank of America Merrill Lynch survey with fund managers for October showed that 51 percent of investors believe emerging-market currencies are undervalued, the largest since records began.

The currencies of the developing economies have recently witnessed a sharp sell-off, with MSCI's emerging-market index pushing down 4.5% this year and 7.4% from the March high.

According to the survey, more than 20% of survey respondents said that the US dollar was significantly higher than its peak.

Bank of America's survey showed fund managers raised emerging-market equities to 15 percent, after hitting their lowest since March 2016 in a survey last month.

Some 85% of respondents expected the world economy to be at a late stage of the economic cycle, representing 11% higher than the previous peak.

Thirty-eight percent of investors were pessimistic about the global economy over the next 12 months, the worst reading since November 2008.

The survey was conducted from October 5 to 11 for investors managing assets worth $ 646 billion.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Survey: Emerging market currencies undervalued
On 9/26/2018 at 7:55 PM, 10 YEARS LATER said:

" Hey Iraq shut up you ungrateful pos.  The USA liberated your sorry country twice.  Now you want to cry about a .25 raise in the Fed rate. Give me a break.  Why don’t you people push the damn Dinar button and then your economy will boom."

Well Dang it !  . . . Thats what I wuz gonna say ! :lol: 

I will add, however, " Y'all a Bunch O' Chicken Shiite Whiney Cry Babies what couldn't pour pee from a boot with the instructions written on the bottom of the heel ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !  

CRISIS, WHAT CRISIS ! AINT NO DAMN CRISIS, EXCEPT YOU " I don't got no damn Snickers Bars DRAMA QUEENS " have no problem solving skills. A problem comes up,You Idiots go straight to " Chicken Little, The Sky is Falling "

STOOPID, STOOPID, STOOPID - OMG Y'ALL SOOOOO GOSH DAMN STOOPID . . . Buh Wah Ha Ha HA HA HA ( uh, I'm really just getting started, be right back -gotta go poo poo :blush:)

10 yer killing me! 😂💩

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1