Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

More than a third of the year holidays .. Legal expert: frequent holidays negatively affect the economy

blueskyline

https://m.thebaghdadpost.com/ar/Story/121644/أكثر-من-ثلث-السنة-عطلات-خبير-قانوني-كثرة-العطلات-تؤثر-سلبيا-على-الاقتصاد........

22 September 2018 02:52 Pm

Baghdad Post

More than a third of the year holidays .. Legal expert: frequent holidays negatively affect the economy

The financial expert, Safwan Qusay Abdul Halim, that the large number of official holidays in Iraq adversely affect the economic sector, calling for the identification of official holidays by law and compensation by Saturday on Saturday.

"The high number of official and non-official holidays leads to the failure to provide government services on a regular basis, entangles work, creates momentum on normal working days, and increases the already fixed costs invested in government capital to the number of actual working days," said Abdel Halim. Cost per day. "

He added that a law on public holidays was supposed to be issued with compensation for public holidays through official working hours on Saturday.

According to the law passed by the Iraqi parliament, there are 150 official holidays in Iraq, more than a third of the year. The law also allows some provinces with religious specificities - Karbala, Najaf and Kadhimiya - to take their own holidays.

• Upvote 2

That’s pretty funny anyone was brave enough to recognize this fact in a news editorial. Think anyone in Iraq reading it will agree???  That is most likely why everything has to be contracted from outside of the country. A third of the year the whole country is doing nothing but praying and celebrating religious holidays. The oil fields can’t just shut down every time they gotta celebrate some holiday! The “reconstruction”, building water salivation systems, fixing dams all comes to a halt every time they have a journey to make to to celebrate. Good Lord, I’m doubled over laughing at the thought of things continuing on like they have......🤪😄😂

Edited by jcfrag
  • Upvote 2

I said this before (in another thread). Currently over 4 months and ticking, (1/3 of a year has now passed)!! It shouldn’t surprise me...all my dealings with (mostly military personnel) from Turkey, Egypt, Iraq and Afghanistan I have learned this...a majority have one thing in common...”no sense of urgency”...Iraq is currently proving my point!!!🇺🇸
  • Upvote 4