Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RV 2019 or Beyond?

Luigi1

2 hours ago, Romad said:

I will be back in iraq on Wednesday as its a 15 hour flight and a day lost returning. Once I get there I will tag some of the locals I work with and see where we are. The elections are always a joke as Al Sadr keeps things stirred up. Give me at least until mid week of the 3rd or 4th. I will try to post something that may give you an idea with the elections and direction they are heading next.

Cheers

Thanks Romad, stay safe! :salute:

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Romad said:

I will be back in iraq on Wednesday as its a 15 hour flight and a day lost returning. Once I get there I will tag some of the locals I work with and see where we are. The elections are always a joke as Al Sadr keeps things stirred up. Give me at least until mid week of the 3rd or 4th. I will try to post something that may give you an idea with the elections and direction they are heading next.

Cheers

Thanks Romad  Be safe. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Romad said:

Cheers

Thank you!

Hopium sometimes gets inhaled here.

Appreciate your work over there, as well.

Most wouldn't do it.

Much respect...

• Haha 1

If I remember correctly there was a contractor who worked in Iraq that posted he thought it would be years before there was going to be an RV. That was 2011 or 2012 and he said it would be after 2017 or 2018, and maybe never.  Of course he was blasted as a negative nelly as all the gurus were claiming the DInar would RV any day now.  

Romad may be right or maybe not, but no one really knows. He’s calling it as he sees it and he’s in Iraq.  Thanks for your input Romad.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

Five years I was hoping for just two years. I totally believe you Romad the Iraqis have a long way to go before we see anything significant with the Dinar. I heard something that we might see the 100,000 dinar note before the end of the year. I understand that there might even be bigger denomination that this before they do the zeros project 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, dinarbeleiver said:

Five years I was hoping for just two years. I totally believe you Romad the Iraqis have a long way to go before we see anything significant with the Dinar. I heard something that we might see the 100,000 dinar note before the end of the year. I understand that there might even be bigger denomination that this before they do the zeros project 

Thank You for Your Post, DinarBeleiver, AND The Best Of Your Weekend To You!!! :tiphat:

Could You elaborate on the section from Your post I bolded? I have only seen the 100,000 dinar note in the Bicraqi Iraqi news articles as the planned highest issued note. Have You seen other sources or news articles to suggest the CBI is going to issue larger denomination notes than the 100,000 dinar note?

All The Best!!! :twothumbs:

In The Mean Time......................................................................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

Thank You for Your Post, DinarBeleiver, AND The Best Of Your Weekend To You!!! :tiphat:

Could You elaborate on the section from Your post I bolded? I have only seen the 100,000 dinar note in the Bicraqi Iraqi news articles as the planned highest issued note. Have You seen other sources or news articles to suggest the CBI is going to issue larger denomination notes than the 100,000 dinar note?

All The Best!!! :twothumbs:

In The Mean Time......................................................................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

I know this person in the Uk where I live and have only known him about 7months. He is very wealthy and has a lot of business in the Middle East and here in the Uk. I haven’t seen any articles recently on a 100,000 note however he has told me these notes will come out before any RV happens and in particular is expecting something this year to the beginning of next year. These higher value notes are apparently what will help the Iraqis achieve more purchasing power and when the inevitable happens will make the transition to using lower notes easier as they will assume a 25 is equal to a 25000 etc. By the time the rv happens most of these big notes will be in the hands of speculators and businesses and not really in the hands of the Iraqi people. This is above my payroll and I wish I could explain better to you but he made me see how the rv will/ could happen

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I will never throw the towel in with the Dinar - one I thing I know and from experience- no one knows if or when this will happen. Even if I knew Donald trump and he told me tomorrow I would take it with a touch of salt. Btw he is alright isn’t he mr trump- the more I see him in action the more I am getting to like him. I said a few harsh words about trump in the past- I was the idiot

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, dinarbeleiver said:

I know this person in the Uk where I live and have only known him about 7months. He is very wealthy and has a lot of business in the Middle East and here in the Uk. I haven’t seen any articles recently on a 100,000 note however he has told me these notes will come out before any RV happens and in particular is expecting something this year to the beginning of next year. These higher value notes are apparently what will help the Iraqis achieve more purchasing power and when the inevitable happens will make the transition to using lower notes easier as they will assume a 25 is equal to a 25000 etc. By the time the rv happens most of these big notes will be in the hands of speculators and businesses and not really in the hands of the Iraqi people. This is above my payroll and I wish I could explain better to you but he made me see how the rv will/ could happen

Many Thanks For Your Reply, DinarBeleiver!!! :twothumbs:

Here is an article from this past Tuesday suggesting the Iraqi Dinar 100,000 note is coming out:

I will keep an eye out for additional news articles and will be watching the CBI website on their Circulated Banknotes page to see when this note gets issued:

https://cbi.iq/page/89

The "delete the zeroes project" has been announced again, too. There have been recent articles published noting the issue of more 250, 500, and either 100 or 1,000 Iraqi Dinar notes in the next month (assumed to be October) to pull in more of the damaged notes since these notes in circulation have been described as worn out. There is confusion about the 100 or 1,000 Iraqi Dinar notes since the articles mention 100 whereas there have been no 100 dinar notes issued for the 2003 and 2013 series notes but a 100 dinar coin was introduced originally in 2004.

If he is correct then logically speaking we have a little wait on our hands - he reckons 2 years

This assessment is as good as any!!! :o

My simple mental model, that may be way, way off, is that the Iraqi Dinar will need to go international as a ReInstated or ReValued rate at the time Iraq goes to an "open economy" to deal with the shear volume of financial transactions that will occur when the reconstruction, construction, economic development, and foreign investment kicks in in Iraq. The "closed economy" with the once a week day daily CBI  currency auction I suspect will not be able to adequately address the volume of conversion from internal Iraqi Dinar to USD to pay for the goods and services especially considering the associated corruption related to Iran having their hands in the Iraqi till. Also, Iraq likely wants to take advantage of the purchasing power of a revalued Iraqi Dinar prior to the reconstruction, construction, economic development, and foreign investment. Otherwise, I suspect financial turmoil down the road if a significant amount of Iraqi Dinar are being circulated for reconstruction, construction, economic development, and foreign investment then the Iraqi Dinar revalues later.

Whether real, staged, politically motivated, or whatever, the demonstrations in at least Basra are an indication of what could happen if Iraq does not move substantially to a "peace time" mode and begins in earnest to do the reconstruction, construction, economic development, and foreign investment. Otherwise, Sectarian Violence and, potentially, Civil War could break out. If this occurs, I suspect our aspirations should be put on the back burner.

I am exceedingly hopeful, though!!! :backflip:

My opinion is no RV until a massive education program to the Iraqi people. How long for that to take - I need a clairvoyant 

Looks like the articles are containing things like "delete the zeroes project" that has started and stopped a few times, issuing of uncirculated notes to pull in worn and damaged notes in circulation, and mention of issuing the 100,000 Iraqi Dinar note. What the "education" or "reeducation" program consists of remains to be seen but we could be on the onset, if not into, the "education" or "reeducation" program.

2 hours ago, dinarbeleiver said:

I will never throw the towel in with the Dinar - one I thing I know and from experience- no one knows if or when this will happen. Even if I knew Donald trump and he told me tomorrow I would take it with a touch of salt. Btw he is alright isn’t he mr trump- the more I see him in action the more I am getting to like him. I said a few harsh words about trump in the past- I was the idiot

Ole President Donald J Trump really appears like he is the one to help us all in multi dimensional aspirations!!! :twothumbs:

I didn't think much of Donald J Trump prior to his inauguration but am entirely flabbergasted and shockingly surprised at how much of a True The United States Of America Patriot Donald J Trump in actually accomplishing what he said he was going to do!!! Praise The LORD!!!

I look forward to see what Ole President Donald J Trump has in store for the Insanians up to and through the additional November 4, 2018 levy of sanctions against Iran. Looks like previous UN resolutions, other than the JCPOA, regarding Iran will keep Iran boxed and obligate other UN Security Council members to enforce or at least provide unrestricted allowance for The United States Of America to enforce. I suspect things will get really, really ugly for Iran if they attempt to restrict the Strait Of Hormuz.

Ah, just more conjecture, thoughts, opinion, and :twocents: on my part for whatever THAT is worth!!! CAVEAT EMPTOR, Reader!!! :o

All The Best, DinarBeleiver!!! :tiphat:

In The Mean Time..................................................................

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, lmb4321 said:

DV...with all due respect...i disagree on the 2 year timeline....

but hey I could be wrong......👌

I hope your right I am in a good position but could do with not having to work ever again. I’m  40 was kinda hoping I would be a multi millionaire before this age. Ah well go rv !!!!!

Edited by dinarbeleiver
  • Upvote 1

Whereas Romad's post is obviously a bit disheartening, the positive I took away from it(if accurate that is) is that he isn't saying this WON'T happen....just that he feels it will take a long(er) time.  I have always struggled with the idea that we would actually make out like we hope to off an increase in value of the IQD, not that it 'would' increase in value. Because they will increase the value some day.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, hspotman said:

Whereas Romad's post is obviously a bit disheartening, the positive I took away from it(if accurate that is) is that he isn't saying this WON'T happen....just that he feels it will take a long(er) time.  I have always struggled with the idea that we would actually make out like we hope to off an increase in value of the IQD, not that it 'would' increase in value. Because they will increase the value some day.

hspotman, don't let Romads post get you dishearten, his comments about the Dinar is no more fact than Frank, Walkingtick, Mt Goat or any of the gurus. He doesn't work for the CBI, he's a contractor talking to the local people in a small village over there which are giving him THEIR opinion. Nothing against him relaying opinions from the locals but in my 10 years over there in talking to the locals I found most didn't have bank accounts or very knowledgeable of current politics.

If he was talking to people that worked for the CBI I would be more interested but the average Iraqi knows only the US Dollar is good an the Dinar is cheap. I would bet 8 out of 10 has never heard of or knows anything about a thing called the HCL...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

9 hours ago, DoD said:

hspotman, don't let Romads post get you dishearten, his comments about the Dinar is no more fact than Frank, Walkingtick, Mt Goat or any of the gurus. He doesn't work for the CBI, he's a contractor talking to the local people in a small village over there which are giving him THEIR opinion. Nothing against him relaying opinions from the locals but in my 10 years over there in talking to the locals I found most didn't have bank accounts or very knowledgeable of current politics.

If he was talking to people that worked for the CBI I would be more interested but the average Iraqi knows only the US Dollar is good an the Dinar is cheap. I would bet 8 out of 10 has never heard of or knows anything about a thing called the HCL...

Oh cool,so you were over there too? That does make me feel better about things hearing your synopsis of thongs. Thanks!

LOL Romad. Better be careful, I believe an RV would happen after the 2016 SBA has been completed (beginning to doubt this, the longer the GOI remains unseated). The other day I pulled 2023 out of the air to make a point to the concept no one knows. You would have thought the sky was falling here and the world had ended. Even Adam was consulted. The masses were riled up and boy they were upset. You come along and say 5 more years (2018 +5 = 2023) and its as if the clouds opened up and there was an angelic "ahhhh" from the heavens.

But wait... something YUGE is going to happen later this week. /s

Edited by Theseus
  • Haha 1