Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RV 2019 or Beyond?

Luigi1

Luigi says...

Make your own calls on these two treads. Not varafied. Your opine.

If true...we can unpack our bags & put up our Dinars for a while.

There are no 800 numbers or re-staffing of banks/exchange centers, this week, as the Gurus say.

Maybe, just maybe , the start of the New Year means Islamic New Year or Fiscal Year, starting on 1 Oct.

17/9/2018 

9-18-2018   Intel/Newshound Guru tman23   I always said...news about lower denoms always came out end of Sept and start of Oct was chatter of lifting 3 zeros, this was from official sources...AND they said the only appropriate time to lift the zeros is at the start of the New Year...OH YES...LIFT ZEROS MEANS REMOVE THE CURRENCY FROM THE MARKET PLACE... AND THE EXCHANGE RATE...

17/9/2018  Kaperoni...

If your expecting some overnight event your mistaken.  There are many experts that predict the dinar could take 6 months to a year to rise to a level equal with a dollar once they begin to float. Keep in mind it will be directly related to how fast foreign capital comes into the country through the cbi's capital account…

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9

Ok to help everyone out, I currently work in iraq as a contractor and have off and on over the past 9 years. Here is the skinny....NOTHING is going on in Iraq. They as always continue to  argue amongst themselves as they always will. As a contractor quite close to the government I will not blow smoke but a likely RV anytime in the next 5 years is not likely. Just my opinion but they can Never seem to come up with any sort of agreement.  The corruption runs so high throughout the country that none of them want to give up anything. So to let you know my wife and I have been investors in the dinar for over 10 years but refuse to hold our breath. I'm currently home on R&R and will be returning to iraq on the 24th. With that being said please use caution listening to people who say it's gonna happen soon because it's not. I have my ear to the ground every day and work with ALOT of locals. They want US dollars only because they know their money is worth squat even in iraq. Please understand I'm not trying to bust anyone's bubble I just urge you with caution in purchasing any more dinar at this time. I will try to keep anyone that is interested updated as soon as I hear anything. 

Sorry for the long winded but you have a right to know the truth.....

If you don't like what I have to say then feel free to block me and if that the case then so much for spending the money on the VIP Package like my wife and l have long ago.....

Best of luck to you all 

Cheers  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 5

Davis411, I too wish and hope I'm wrong but having boots on ground and doing what I do I'm not at liberty to explain my position but being there and how the Iraqis conduct not only their business but day to day lives they are quite not responsible or respectful of anyone. As long as they are conducting their horrific corruption and rolling g in god awful money they will never get anything done. Sorry for that brutal truth but I have absolutely no faith in the Iraqi government to do the right thing. Maybe you heard about the rioting in Basra, well because they have NO POWER OR RUNNING water they are fed up with it. The small village where I'm at also has none of the basic necessities. They are afraid of the government's goons so they mostly keep quiet. Like I said, I will try to keep things in perspective as I hear it and post only the truth. It may get me banned because it could bite into someone's extra revenue but I will give you what I can with no smoke and mirrors.

Cheers all

• Like 1
  • Thanks 10
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 5

40 minutes ago, Romad said:

Davis411, I too wish and hope I'm wrong but having boots on ground and doing what I do I'm not at liberty to explain my position but being there and how the Iraqis conduct not only their business but day to day lives they are quite not responsible or respectful of anyone. As long as they are conducting their horrific corruption and rolling g in god awful money they will never get anything done. Sorry for that brutal truth but I have absolutely no faith in the Iraqi government to do the right thing. Maybe you heard about the rioting in Basra, well because they have NO POWER OR RUNNING water they are fed up with it. The small village where I'm at also has none of the basic necessities. They are afraid of the government's goons so they mostly keep quiet. Like I said, I will try to keep things in perspective as I hear it and post only the truth. It may get me banned because it could bite into someone's extra revenue but I will give you what I can with no smoke and mirrors.

Cheers all

This pov doesn't jive with all the press we've seen recently with respect to pay pal coming to Iraq, banks streamlining etc. Would you say it's like there are two countries in Iraq, the tiny portion of elites and the rest of the minions who have next to nothing? So, from your observations, these elites are living high off the cow (not hog) and will keep milking that heifer until the day they die? 

I guess that's a lot like everywhere else on earth, more or less. Thanks for sharing. 

Miguel

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Romad said:

Maybe you heard about the rioting in Basra, well because they have NO POWER OR RUNNING water they are fed up with it.

The small village where I'm at also has none of the basic necessities.

Sounds Almost As Bad As The South Side Of Chicago Under Rahm Emanuel ...

:D  :D  :D 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Romad said:

Cheers all

Wow, I figured this much. Thank you for the boots on the ground perspective. This will be a popular thread.

Edited by bamjack75
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Romad! My Kurdish friend has always had the same type of opinion regarding their lack of getting anything done and the massive corruption over there. Now it has been several years since he served there as a translator, but he does go back to Erbil once every other year and of course stays in contact with his friends and family there.. There was one time that I know of that the Kurds and Baghdad met to discuss the exchange rate possibly rising, but that was January of 15 I think and it was put off due to low oil prices at the time.. So we cross our fingers, hopefully someday they get it done, or some foreign power forces their hand.. we hope, pray and wait.. ;)

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Romad said:

Cheers all

Thanks for putting it out there Romad

pp

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, Romad said:

Cheers all

Please Please keep us updated. There's just way to much fake news coming from self made, self called, & Jailed guru's.

Please Stay safe over there.

+'s from

:twothumbs:

Starr

Edited by Starrider
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

I think down deep everyone thats been in this for a long time, believes what Romad is saying is the truth of the matter! I know I do! There have been some plus on the news side this year! In the grand scheme of things nothing has changed! Sad part is, there is nothing going to change any time in the near future! We all know it! Just coming to grips of it , is whats hard for me! Now more Hopium!  :salute:

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

I will be back in iraq on Wednesday as its a 15 hour flight and a day lost returning. Once I get there I will tag some of the locals I work with and see where we are. The elections are always a joke as Al Sadr keeps things stirred up. Give me at least until mid week of the 3rd or 4th. I will try to post something that may give you an idea with the elections and direction they are heading next.

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Romad said:

I will be back in iraq on Wednesday as its a 15 hour flight and a day lost returning. Once I get there I will tag some of the locals I work with and see where we are. The elections are always a joke as Al Sadr keeps things stirred up. Give me at least until mid week of the 3rd or 4th. I will try to post something that may give you an idea with the elections and direction they are heading next.

Cheers

Please do and Thank you. +1

Starr

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Romad said:

Cheers

😎🍺

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1