Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iranian official calls for negotiations with Washington in Iraq

yota691

IRNA – The administration of President Hassan Rouhani in a cabinet meeting on Sunday approved a bill to switch Iran’s national currency from rial to toman, an official said here on Monday.

The secretary of the Cabinet Mohsen Haji Mirzaei said the issue had been scrutinized in the government’s economic commission during the past six months.

He added the move aims to facilitate the transactions by the public.

Haji Mirzaei added that one toman would be worth 10 rials and switching to the toman means that a zero would be removed from price figures.

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, yota691 said:

switching to the toman means that a zero would be removed from price figures.

38 minutes ago, Officiallytook said:

That was my thought when seeing this...time to get on that Iranian train ...20+ yr wait what does DV say? LoL Toman Vets 

Switching Names And Dropping A Zero Without Adding Value Sounds Like A LOP ! <_<

Iraq Should Just Tell The ToeMan To 'Stick It' ! :wave:

On 7/17/2017 at 6:16 PM, DinarThug said:

Related image

HELL NO - WE WON'T TOE ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

Switching Names And Dropping A Zero Without Adding Value Sounds Like A LOP ! <_<

Iraq Should Just Tell The ToeMan To 'Stick It' ! :wave:

HELL NO - WE WON'T TOE ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

I hear ya but I was thinking since we want to fight in Iran so much that after 20+yrs they will be ready for economic reforms...and with the new currency they are printing I'm sure have the utmost security features no?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gypsygirl11 said:

When is this to take place?  I think Iran has been talking about improving their currency for the last 10 years. SMH

Apparently it's starting now. Now sure of much more than you read here so far but I'm all over it trying to find out more.

Stay tuned Gypsygirl11 if you have any as I will keep you posted.

pp

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Gypsygirl11 said:

Thanks PP.  Just fascinates me how they say one thing and do another.  Didn't Iran want to lop off 4 zeros, IM confused. Now they are changing to a different currency, go figure.

Last I heard it was 4 but there changing to the Toman so I'm not really sure what it all means so far.

pp

• Upvote 1

If you google Iran to swtich to Toman you will find a number of articles from last December when they announced their intention to do this.  This article says the cabinet approved a bill to do it.  Im assuming that is like the com cabinet meetings in Iraq.  Now that their cabinet approved it I assume a bill will be put in front of their parliament and we've seen how that goes, in Iraq anyways.  Could happen quickly or.....

• Upvote 4

On 7/17/2017 at 3:27 PM, yota691 said:

Iranian Revolutionary Guard warns Washington of "danger" to its troops in the Middle East

10260.jpg?watermark=4

Policy     Access_time 2017/07/17 23:14 Number of Views: 471

Baghdad today

The face of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, the United States warned of the consequences classified as a terrorist organization and to impose new sanctions on it, pointing out that the response will display its troops in the Middle East to the risks.

Declared Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces, Major General Mohammad Bagheri, in remarks on Monday that the development of the United States, the Iranian Revolutionary Guard on one level with terrorist groups is a big risk by US authorities and its bases and military forces in the Middle East.

The transfer of the Office of Media Relations for the chief of staff of the army that Bagheri took part in the festival ground forces of the Islamic Revolution Guards in the city of Mashhad, where he pointed out that "threats of arrogant powers and some of the reactionary states to transfer the risk to the Iranian interior, calls for higher vigilance and readiness degrees in defense and security fields, abortion these projects ".

In referring to the subject of the possibility of the imposition of US sanctions against the Revolutionary Guards Bagheri he said that "the Iranian people to Tama resisted the global arrogance, the US and especially it said, and was able to hold his face, and be resistant to more and more day after day, so the sanctions will be an opportunity to develop and achieve pride and self-reliance and energies located inside Iran. "

The Chief of Staff of the Iranian Armed Forces: "Equality of the Islamic Revolution Guards with terrorist groups, and a ban on it, is something that would jeopardize the United States and its bases and military forces in the region at risk."

He stressed Bagheri that "US officials should speak wisely for greater maturity and other countries, especially if powerful countries such as Iran, which responded to all the plots strongly Hmokh."

It is noteworthy that some US officials said, earlier this year, the management of the President of the United States, Donald Trump, is considering a proposal that could lead to the classification of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard a terrorist organization.

The Senate voted by the US Congress, in mid-June, in favor of imposing new sanctions on Iran for its ballistic missile program and other activities not related to international nuclear agreement, reached with the United States, Russia, China, France, Britain and Germany in 2015.

The House of Representatives must approve the new legislation and ratified by President Trump to become law.

After three days of the US Senate vote on the new sanctions, Iran fired missiles at eastern Syria, targeting bases for the organization Daesh which claimed responsibility for the attacks in Tehran in which 18 people were killed.

They think we are worried about their missiles? Wait till we retaliate with ours then what's left of them will be sheiteting in their pants.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Calijim said:

They think we are worried about their missiles? Wait till we retaliate with ours then what's left of them will be sheiteting in their pants.

Do you mean Stiiteing "in their pants"

Semper Fi :salute:

GO RV ......................

• yota691 changed the title to Tightening US sanctions on an Iranian industrial group
)Tightening US sanctions on an Iranian industrial group

The US Treasury Department on Friday imposed new sanctions on six companies belonging to an Iranian group with a key role in the Iranian ballistic missile program, according to the ministry, in response to an experiment by Tehran launched a missile to carry satellites.

Iranian state television reported on Thursday that Iran had successfully tested a missile capable of launching space satellites, which the United States and other countries said violated the UN Security Council resolution on Iran's nuclear program.

The new sanctions took place at the Shahid Group Industrial Group. The sanctions include freezing any assets of the group's subsidiaries in the United States and preventing US citizens from dealing with them. 

Foreign institutions will face punitive measures if they deal with sanctioned entities, according to the Treasury Department.

The Shahid Group Industrial Group was subject to sanctions imposed by the United Nations, the United States and the European Union. 

Resolution 2231 was voted at the United Nations two years ago to promote a landmark nuclear deal reached in 2015 between Iran, Britain, China, France, Germany, Russia and the United States. 

The agreement included lifting economic sanctions in return for limiting Iran's nuclear program. The resolution calls on Iran not to test ballistic missile capable of carrying nuclear warheads while maintaining the arms embargo. 

The move came hours after the US Senate voted almost unanimously to impose new sanctions on Iran, Russia and North Korea. 

(Reuters, AFP)
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, nannab said:

Game on !!!

27 minutes ago, Wiljor said:

Oh yea nannab,  let the fun begin :cowboy2:

Good Morning, NannaB, Wiljor, and All DV!

The pretext appears to be well into implementation to "neutralize" Iran's nefarious and long standing practices in the Region and World. I suspect Iran's violations of any previous UN resolutions - especially on the "Nuclear Deal" - will gain swift accord to "rectify" any Iranian "noncompliance."

"USS Nimitz now conducing airstrikes against ISIS from Persian Gulf and watching Iran. Washington-based aircraft carrier deployed early June". This was posted via www.liveuamap.com/isis over a day ago.

https://isis.liveuamap.com/en/2017/28-july-uss-nimitz-now-conducing-airstrikes-against-isis

So, OK, why the USS Nimitz in the Persian Gulf "NOW" to conduct air strikes again ISIS? Hmmmmmmm.......................... I wonder what "SURPRISES" the USS Nimitz Carrier Group has to deliver if not just against ISIS???!!!

:o   :o   :o

I suspect once the Iraqi eradication of ISIS hits a certain point, the action again Iran (and maybe Turkey) will heat up fast and intense. Well, OK, just my opinion and :twocents:

Whatever it takes within applicable moral and legal considerations is well worth taking action again Iran and simultaneously, hopefully, draining all Iraq of the Iranian influences like IMIS, IRNC, Soleimani, and other Iranian tools (to include the Kirshner's 785?) so that Iraq is truly a Sovereign State and then it speedily implements whatever is necessary to be on to reconstruction. My opinion is time is of the essence to avoid any momentum any Iranian subversion may have within Iraq and to avoid sectarian violence from significant numbers of Iraqis highly impoverished.

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

Edited by Synopsis
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Iranian official calls for negotiations with Washington in Iraq
  • yota691 unpinned and unfeatured this topic
  • yota691 locked this topic