Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iranian official calls for negotiations with Washington in Iraq

yota691

5 minutes ago, yota691 said:

With the New sanctions it could do just the opposite and leave them out completely....Heck everyone knows Maliki was the money guy to accelerate Iran Nuclear program...

Hey!  I didn't say that.  I think it was Pitcher.  LOL LOL

So much is going on and we're all typing so fast, none of us can keep up.  😂

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Iran's rial plunges as fresh US sanctions loom

As the US pulls out of the nuclear deal with Tehran, Iranians have begun fleeing to the US dollar on fears of renewed hardships. But the central bank chief sees no fallout from renewed US sanctions.

Iran Zentralbank in Teheran (jamnews)

US President Donald Trump announced Tuesday that Washington was withdrawing from the nuclear accord with Iran.

The US president's latest move, which he said would go along with with tough sanctions to be imposed on the theocratic regime in Tehran, is worrying US allies involved in striking the landmark 2015 deal, and has caused senior Iranian officials to dig in.

In a move to shore up confidence among the population, central bank chief Valiollah Seif said on Tuesday Trump's decision would leave the Iranian economy largely unaffected.

"We are prepared for all scenarios. If America pulls out of the deal, our economy will not be impacted," Seif told state-owned television.

However, Iranians seem to think differently and begun exchanging their national currency rial for US dollars a while ago, fearing renewed economic turmoil from the resumption of sanctions.

Rial sags to record low

Shortly after Trump's announcement, the Iranian currency plunged to a record low of about 65,000 rials to 1 US dollar on Tuesday, according to Bonbast.com, which tracks the currency's value at the free market. That was down from 57,500 at the end of last month and 42,890 at the end of last year.

==

The sell-off comes despite attempts by the central bank to stem the pressure on the rial. In April, it decided to unify official and free-market exchange rates, freezing the rate at 42,000 and banning all other trading in the currency. People who violated the ban were threatened with arrest.

But the strategy has failed to curb the free market because demand for dollars far exceeds limited supplies that authorities provide through formal channels at the official rate.

Mehrdad Emadi, an Iranian economist who heads energy risk analysis at London's Betamatrix consultancy, said the approach of Trump's decision was encouraging a mass flight out of the rial. "This large scale 'derialization' of the Iranian economy has now created a complete collapse of confidence," Emadi told the news agency Reuters, adding that the currency could fall as low as 110,000, with the effect that inflation in Iran may triple over the next months.

Iranian firepower

Iranian officials have publicly blamed the rial's weakness on a plot by the United States and other nations. Theoretically, the government in Tehran has sufficient means to stem selling pressure on its currency, as it boasts $112 billion in foreign assets and reserves, according to data released by the International Monetary Fund (IMF).

Moreover, the country is running a substantial current account surplus thanks to rising oil income, which accounts for about 60 percent of its revenues.

But analysts have expressed doubt about the figures, saying also that the number of assets Tehran could easily sell off may be much lower.

Already struggling with high unemployment and high debt in its banking system, Iran's economy stands to lose much from the resumption of US sanctions. The outflow of capital, which has reached $30 billion over the past four months, according to parliament's Economic Committee, is likely to accelerate, driving the rial's value down much further.

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

If the Iran Agreement was a good one why did  Barry do it by Executive Order and not through Congress!!!.  Simple, he knew it would never pass both Houses.  It was a terrible agreement which if left to stand would see a Nucleat Iran in 7 years and a Nuclear proliferatation in the ME as other countries in the region race to obtain their own Nuclear weapons.  With the reports by Netanyahu last week President Trump almost had no choice.  Does anyone remember that Israel took out a Nuclear site in Iraq in 1981 and a suspected Syrian Nuclear Reactor site in 2007.  Israel and Saudi Arabia are not going to sit by idly and watch Iran build a nuclear bomb.  Israel and Saudi Arabia have been under attack for years from Iran’s proxy warriors and they’ve had enough.  

Trump’s reversal is a big big deal that will have major repercussions in the ME, the Oil Markets, possibly the US Mid Terms, probably crypto currencies, and possibly the Iraq international monetary launch.  As a trader sitting at my desk you could see some of those repercussions playing out in real time.  With major sanctions about to hit Iran the world will need to replace 400-600 K barrels of oil.  I don’t think this will be a problem as the US Shale producers, SA, and Russia can pick up that slack with NO problem. If a war breaks out or Iran blocks off the Straits of Hormuz all bets are off.

As a a trader I was watching US Shale Producers, Eog, Oxy, Cxo, Fang, Pxd, PE and  Rspp.  I traded CXO!!!!

I am also watching Slca, Hal, and SLB 

Im also watching Defense Contractors,  Noc, Gd, Rtn, Lmt and the ETF,  ITA

As far as our Dinar investment goes we better hope Iran will choose to renegotiate the deal.  If a shooting war breaks out I don’t think we will see The Iraqi Dinar RV anytime soon.  This announcement by Trump might have just put the Kibosh on the plans for the Iraqi Dinar RV for an “ any day now” scenario.  I’m no guru and I get no joy making that statement.  I’m a pragmatic person and I try to read between the lines on major news stories. 

Todays announcement by President Trump is huge and we are just going to have to wait and see how it all plays out.  I’m praying that everything gets worked out quickly but nothing seems to ever happen like that without a cataclysmic event where there are true winners and losers.   

Always good info Pitcher... The Europeans have said they will not follow our sanctions... Trump said he will sanction them if they continue without us... This is setting up to be very interesting... Countries are drawing lines in the sand... Let's hope they can work this out. 

On another note, I saw the percentage of people who view the markets as doing well has not been this high since 2007... Now that makes you wonder...

B/A

Edited by bostonangler
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

BA, the markets are doing well, very well, BUT,,,,,,the news is frightening.  I’m on the sidelines with my long term cash.  That’s why I’m Day Trading 3-4 times a week. My returns DT’ing are very very good but it is a very difficult way to earn money in the stock market and I will go long or short once we breakout of the current sideways trend. 

Im pretty sure the Europeans are on board and are trying to keep a lid on this becoming a catastrophic event. Good cop, bad cop deal.  I think a better deal will get worked out.  Just like with North Korea, no one wants a shooting war.  No nukes on the Korean Peninsula and no more nukes in the ME is the goal.  

• Upvote 7

Mnuchin: Boeing's sales licenses to Iran will be revoked

By: MARTIN CRUTSINGER, AP Economics Writer

Updated: May 08, 2018 04:36 PM PDT

WASHINGTON (AP) - The U.S. withdrawal from the Iran nuclear deal means Boeing's licenses to sell billions of dollars in commercial jetliners to Iran will be revoked, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said Tuesday.

Mnuchin said that the existing licenses held by Chicago-based Boeing Co. and its European competitor, Airbus Group, would be invalidated by President Donald Trump's decision.

"The existing licenses will be revoked," Mnuchin told reporters.

Boeing said it would consult with the government on what comes next. "As we have throughout this process, we'll continue to follow the U.S. government's lead," the company said.

Airbus didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

The new sanctions against Iran will allow for certain exemptions and waivers to be negotiated, but Mnuchin wouldn't discuss what products or countries might qualify for waivers.

The Treasury secretary said that the sanctions will also sharply curtail sales of oil by Iran, which is currently the world's fifth-largest oil producer. In the case of oil sales, there will be a 180-day period for countries to wrap-up existing contracts and achieve "significant reductions" in their purchases of crude from Iran.

Mnuchin declined to spell out what the administration would consider as a "significant reduction" in purchases of Iranian oil. U.S. law gives the Treasury secretary the power to administer sanctions imposed by the president.

He said he did not expect oil prices to rise sharply because he sees other countries boosting production.

The administration's goal is to impose tough sanctions that will prompt Iran to re-negotiate the Iran nuclear deal, he said.

"These sanctions do impact all the major industries (in Iran). They are very strong sanctions," Mnuchin said. "They worked last time. That is why Iran came to the table."

Mnuchin said that the new sanctions would allow countries doing business with Iran to wind down those activities in either 90 or 180 days, depending on the type of products being sanctioned. He said companies doing business in Iran would not be able to generate new business but would be able to wrap up existing contracts.

"I don't expect we will need more time to deal with these issues," Mnuchin told reporters.

• Upvote 3

Why Trump left the Iran accord

For President Donald Trump and two of the allies he values most — Israel and Saudi Arabia — the problem of the Iranian nuclear accord was not, primarily, about nuclear weapons. It was that the deal legitimized and normalized the clerical Iranian government, reopening it to the world economy with oil revenue that financed its adventures in Syria and Iraq, and support of terror groups.

Now, with his announcement Tuesday that he is exiting the Iran deal and will reimpose economic sanctions on the country and firms around the world that do business with it, Trump is engaged in a grand, highly risky experiment.

Trump and his Middle East allies are betting they can cut Iran’s economic lifeline and thus "break the regime" by dismantling the deal, as one senior European official described the effort. In theory, America’s withdrawal could free Iran to produce as much nuclear material as it wants — what it was doing five years ago, when the world feared it was headed toward a bomb.

But Trump’s team dismisses that risk: Tehran doesn’t have the economic strength to confront the United States, Israel and the Saudis. And Iran knows that any move toward "breakout" to produce a weapon would only provide Israel and the United States with a rationale for taking military action.

It is a brutally realpolitik approach that America’s allies in Europe have warned is a historic mistake, one that could lead to confrontation, and perhaps to war. Whether that proves to be accurate or overwrought, it is clearly an example of Middle East brinkmanship that runs counter to what President Barack Obama intended when the nuclear deal was struck in July 2015.

Obama’s gamble in that deal — the signature foreign policy accord of his eight years in office — was straightforward. He regarded Iran as a potentially more natural U.S. ally than many of its Sunni-dominant neighbors, with a young, educated, Western-oriented population that is tired of being ruled by an aging theocracy.

By taking the prospect of nuclear weapons off the table, Obama and Kerry had argued, the two countries could over time chip away at three decades of hostility and work on common projects, starting with the defeat of the Islamic State.

It didn’t turn out that way. While the deal succeeded in getting 97 percent of Iran’s nuclear material out of the country, Iran’s conservatives and its military recoiled at the idea of cooperating on any projects with the West.

Months before it became clear that Trump had a decent shot at being elected, the Iranian military boosted its support for President Bashar Assad in Syria; it expanded its influence in Iraq and accelerated its support for terror groups. And it doubled down on deploying cyberattacks against targets in the West and in Saudi Arabia, embracing a weapon that was not covered by the nuclear accord.

Then came Trump, with his declaration that the deal was a "disaster" and his vow to blow it up. Now, suddenly, the world may well be headed back to where it was in 2012: on a road to uncertain confrontation, with "very little evidence of a Plan B," as Boris Johnson, the British foreign minister, said on a visit here.

Exiting the deal, with or without a plan, is fine with the Saudis. They see the accord as a dangerous distraction from the real problem of confronting Iran around the region — a problem that the Saudis believe will be solved only by regime change in Iran. They have an ally in John R. Bolton, the president’s new national security adviser, who shares that view.

Israel is a more complicated case. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has pressed Trump to abandon an arrangement that he has always detested. But Netanyahu’s own military and intelligence advisers say Israel is far safer with an Iran whose pathway to a bomb is blocked, rather than one that is once again pursuing the ultimate weapon.

At the core of Trump’s announcement is a conviction that Iran can never be allowed to accumulate enough material to assemble a bomb. When the Europeans said that would require reopening the negotiations, Trump balked and decided instead to blow up the entire deal.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/world/Why-Trump-left-the-Iran-accord_168056173

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Floridian said:

Thank you, Normala.  😊

Sorry , i cant find this issue is very hot before  2016 .  I just find something that rial will replace with new currency "parsi"  3parsi  = 1 dollar (us) . i have 2 million iran if trump done  deal the sanction . i  can change in malaysia in future . i hope . by the way iran have pass amla law . :)

https://www.quora.com/Can-I-invest-in-the-Irani-currency-Is-it-having-a-good-future

Edited by normala rashid
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, normala rashid said:

Sorry , i cant find this issue is very hot before  2016 .  I just find something that rial will place with new currency "parsi"  3parsi  = 1 dollar (us) . i have 2 million iran if done  deal the sanction . i  can change in malaysia in future . i hope

https://www.quora.com/Can-I-invest-in-the-Irani-currency-Is-it-having-a-good-future

That was very interesting.  Thank you again, Normala.  😊

• Upvote 1

Release date: 2018/5/8 23:05 • 309 times prescribed
Rohani instructs his nuclear team "to do what is necessary" (expanded)
Iranian President Hassan Rowhani said that the Islamic Republic of Iran has complied with all its commitments to the nuclear deal in a speech after the United States announced its withdrawal from the nuclear deal.
US President Donald Trump announced Tuesday the withdrawal of the United States from the nuclear deal between the West and Iran, as well as the return of harsh sanctions. 
"The nuclear agreement is an international agreement and not a bilateral agreement between two countries," Rowhani said on Iranian television after the US decision, in which he stressed that "the United States has not and will not abide by its commitments at all." In response to Trump's decision to withdraw America from the nuclear deal . 
He said that the nuclear agreement has remained since the moment with five other countries, noting that America has never been committed to its commitments. " 
Rowhani pointed out that"
He disclosed that he had instructed the State Department to enter into talks with Russia and China on the steps after Washington withdrew from the agreement. 
Rohani said that if the agreement guarantees the interests of the Iranian people, "we will continue with them, but if the agreement is a mere ink on paper that does not guarantee the interests of our people we have a clear path." 
In his direct address, President Rohani said: "Today we have an important historical experience. We have seen how Iran is a state that is committed to its commitments and how America has not committed itself to what it undertakes. 
"What Trump has done is a psychological war and we will not forgive him of economic and political pressure and our people are more united today," he said. 
"The Iranian people have testified today that only the Zionist entity supported the Trump decision," the president said.
President Rohani said that if Iran realized that it had not obtained its interests within the framework of the nuclear agreement, he would talk to the Iranian people about new decisions in this regard. 
"You should not worry about the future of our country," he said. 
Rohani said that the Islamic Republic of Iran has taken a number of economic decisions in anticipation of this American decision
  • Upvote 2

Release Date: 2018/5/8 22:52 • 277 times read
Three superpowers and the United Nations confirm their commitment to the nuclear agreement with Iran
(International: The Euphrates News) The leaders of Britain, France and Germany in a joint statement announced their agreement to continue to implement the nuclear agreement with Iran.
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterich also called on other signatories to the Iranian nuclear deal to meet their obligations. 
US President Donald Trump announced Tuesday the withdrawal of the United States from the nuclear deal between the West and Iran, as well as the return of harsh sanctions. 
Tehran responded to the resolution as a confirmation of America's non-compliance with international commitments and agreements, revealing that it has taken all appropriate measures to confront it, "hinting at" the possibility of resuming industrial enrichment in its nuclear facilities if necessary. "
  • Upvote 2

Iran / Iran date: 2018 May / May 9 - GMT 04:41

Airbus said on Tuesday it would consider US President Donald Trump's decision to withdraw from Iran's nuclear deal before moving on, adding that it would take time.

Iran Air has ordered 200 passenger planes worth $ 38.3 billion at the advertised price, including 100 Airbus, 80 Boeing and 20 ATR. All deals are subject to US licenses because of the heavy use of US components in commercial aircraft.

"We carefully analyze the announcement and will evaluate the next steps in line with our domestic policies, with full compliance with sanctions and export control laws," Airbus's liaison director Rene Olle said.

• Upvote 1

And these folks wonder why they are put in the situation they are in...

Editorial Date: 2018/5/9 9:33 • 116 times read
Iranian MPs burn American flag and copy of nuclear deal
[Oan- follow - up] 
the Iranian MPs at the beginning of the public meeting of the Council of the Islamic Shura [parliament] to burn a paper copy of the joint action plan and raise the slogan of death to America, as a movement in response to a decision by US President Donald Trump to withdraw from the nuclear deal symbolic.
Maher News Agency reported that with the start of the public meeting of the Shura Council, which was held Wednesday morning, the deputies of the Council raised the slogan of "Death to America" in reaction to Trump's announcement of the decision to withdraw from the nuclear agreement. 
In conjunction with the lifting of this slogan, a number of deputies burned the flag of the United States and a hard copy of the joint action plan. 
The US move and Trump's decision to reinstate sanctions against Iran have sparked widespread reactions both domestically and internationally. 
US President Donald Trump announced on Tuesday evening that the United States would withdraw from the nuclear deal between the West and Iran in 2015, as well as re-impose harsh sanctions. 
The Iranian president, Hassan Rowhani, said the withdrawal of the United States evidence of non-compliance with international agreements and commitments, "stressing that" the agreement was not with America alone, but with several countries. "
Most European countries and the European Union have declared their commitment to the nuclear deal with Iran, while Russia called Trump's decision "a threat to international security" and expressed its displeasure with the withdrawal. 
UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres called on other parties to the nuclear deal with Iran to abide by their commitments to the nuclear deal, expressing deep concern over the Trump decision 
, and Israel, Saudi Arabia and Gulf states welcomed the withdrawal.
  • Upvote 1

image.php?token=32921178ea0b0bdeb12e3a7864367b57&size=

URGENT Trump announces the date for the launch of US sanctions against Iran

Number of readings: 8372 09-05-2018 06:56 PM

09-05-2018 06:56 PM 

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - US President Donald Trump has said the date for the US sanctions against Iran has come very close.

The announcement came after Trump on Tuesday decided to scrap Iran's nuclear deal, as promised by his voters when he was a candidate for president of the United States, tearing apart the Iranian nuclear agreement.

Trump's sudden decision is a state of concern for the Islamic Republic of Iran, especially as the latter will suffer financial and economic losses due to the return of economic sanctions.

• Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Iranian official calls for negotiations with Washington in Iraq
  • yota691 locked this topic