Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iranian official calls for negotiations with Washington in Iraq

yota691

1 minute ago, bostonangler said:

Floridian I completely and totally agree. In 1996 I voted for the Contract with America... When Newt and the boys promised term limits... It was just a ploy to win back the house... I was gotten by their deceit... I have not forgotten...

B/A

Okay, we're friends again.  😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/5/2018 at 9:38 PM, nannab said:

I didn't know that he had kids with the ketchup lady he married. I vaguely remember there was something about him misrepresenting himself as

a Vietnam Vet. This sounds awful but to me he will always be a wannabe with a permanent stupid look on his face who got elected because of  the wife. :D

Does not sound awful. you are calling it the way you see it.  :twothumbs: :salute:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

22:48
Last updated
The time now is 10:57 PM
Watch

Follow-up / tomorrow Press:

US President Barack Obama said on Tuesday that Trump's decision to withdraw from the nuclear deal was a grave mistake. 

"Few of the most important issues for US security, the prospect of proliferation of nuclear weapons, or the prospect of more devastating war in the Middle East, today's decision is a grave mistake," Trump wrote on Twitter.

US President Donald Trump announced the withdrawal of his country from the nuclear agreement concluded by the major powers with Iran in 2015, pointing out that the agreement does not prevent Iran's destabilizing activity in the region.

"After consulting the leaders of the region and the world, I concluded that through this agreement, we can not prevent Iran from obtaining the bomb," Trump said in a televised address. "I announced my withdrawal from the nuclear agreement."

There are few issues more important to the security of the US than the potential spread of nuclear weapons or the potential for even more destructive war in the Middle East.Today's decision to put the JCPOA at risk is a serious mistake. My full statement: https://t.co/4oTdXESbxe

- Barack Obama (@BarackObama)May 8, 2018
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

President Trump blasts John Kerry for ‘shadow diplomacy’ on Iran deal

•  
Former Secretary of State John Kerry.
PAT GREENHOUSE/GLOBE STAFF /FILE
Former Secretary of State John Kerry.
By Matt Viser GLOBE STAFF  MAY 07, 2018

WASHINGTON — President Trump ripped into John Kerry on Monday morning after a report detailed the former secretary of state’s behind-the-scenes attempts to salvage the Iran nuclear deal, amid increasing signs Trump will scuttle the deal on Tuesday.

The Globe reported that Kerry has been in touch privately with European leaders and the Iranian foreign minister in a bid to keep the 2015 pact alive more than a year after he left office.

“The United States does not need John Kerry’s possibly illegal Shadow Diplomacy on the very badly negotiated Iran Deal,” Trump wrote on Twitter on Monday. “He was the one that created this MESS in the first place!”

Trump later said he would reveal his decision on whether to remain a part of the Iran deal at 2 p.m. Many observers are expecting he will back out of the deal, particularly given that he is staging a big announcement to reveal his decision. If he does so, it would tear apart an accomplishment Kerry achieved during the Obama administration, and it could put Iran back on course to pursue a nuclear weapons program.

Kerry in recent months has been quietly urging world leaders to keep the international deal whether the United States stays in it or not, and Iranian President Hassan Rouhani on Monday said his country could stay committed to it even if Trump withdraws.

“If we can get what we want from a deal without America, then Iran will continue to remain committed to the deal,” he said on state television. “What Iran wants is our interests to be guaranteed by its non-American signatories . . . In that case, getting rid of America’s mischievous presence will be fine for Iran.”

Kerry met privately two weeks ago at the United Nations with Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif to discuss ways to preserve the pact, which is supposed to prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons in exchange for easing economic sanctions. He also held discussions with French President Emmanuel Macron, German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier, and top European Union official Federica Mogherini, according to a source familiar with the meetings.

After Trump’s tweet on Monday morning, a Kerry spokesman provided a statement defending Kerry’s efforts.

“I think every American would want every voice possible urging Iran to remain in compliance with the nuclear agreement that prevented a war,” the spokesman, Matt Summers, wrote in the statement. “Secretary Kerry stays in touch with his former counterparts around the world just like every previous secretary of state. Like America’s closest allies, he believes it is important that the nuclear agreement, which took the world years to negotiate, remain effective as countries focus on stability in the region.”

Kerry has also been meeting with members of Congress in an effort to build support for the deal.

The White House had declined several requests for comment before the Globe story was published online on Friday afternoon. Trump’s spokeswoman dismissed Kerry’s efforts Monday.

“I don’t think it impacts it at all,” White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said of Kerry’s efforts during an afternoon news briefing. “I don’t think that we would take advice from somebody who created what the president sees to be one of the worst deals ever made. I’m not sure why we would start listening to him now.”

A spokeswoman for the Department of Justice declined to comment on Trump’s tweet or on whether they were pursuing anything related to Trump’s suggestion that Kerry engaged in “possibly illegal” activity.

After the Globe article appeared, Kerry came under fierce criticism from Republicans who charge that he is acting inappropriately in an attempt to potentially undermine a current US administration. Some have suggested that he could be in violation of the Logan Act, an obscure 18th-century law meant to crack down on private citizens acting on behalf of the United States.

The Logan Act prohibits citizens from having private correspondence with a foreign government “with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government . . . in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States.”

“Kerry working with foreign governments to save the flawed #IranDeal certainly raises Logan Act questions,” Senator Marco Rubio, Republican of Florida, tweeted on Saturday, including a link to the Globe story.

“OMG! Logan Act violations!!” wrote Representative Devin Nunes, a California Republican and chairman of the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence. “Send in the G Men. . . . ”

“John Kerry is now violating the Logan Act and nobody seems to care,” Rudy Giuliani, the former New York City mayor who recently joined Trump’s legal team, said Sunday on ABC News.

The Trump administration got entangled with controversy when Michael Flynn, the incoming national security adviser, allegedly tried to undermine sanction policies regarding Russia during the 2016 post-election transition period, when President Obama was still in power.

Law professors interviewed by the Globe said that Kerry likely has little legal exposure. The Logan Act has never been used to convict anyone, and it likely would not apply to anything that Kerry was doing. Unless Trump decides to leave the deal, Kerry’s arguments about making the deal work would be in line with current State Department policy.

Iranian officials on Monday confirmed Kerry’s meetings with Zarif — who developed a close rapport with Kerry over years of negotiating — and said that its officials have not met with the Trump administration.

“We don’t see the US just as Mr. Trump; the United States is not just the current ruling administration and there are many figures who have different views on international and regional issues,” said Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi, according to Iran’s FARS News Agency.

Joseph Lieberman, the former senator from Connecticut and one-time Democratic vice presidential candidate, suggested that Kerry’s actions may not be prosecutable under the Logan Act, but he still criticized his former colleague.

“In my opinion what he’s doing is inappropriate and he shouldn’t be doing it,” Lieberman, who adamantly opposes the Iran deal, told Fox News on Sunday. “It’s a duly-elected administration, so I hope John Kerry stops.”

Under terms of the Iran deal, the United States is supposed to waive sanctions, which come up for review every three or four months, as long as Iran continues to abstain from developing nuclear weapons. Trump, who made opposing the pact a campaign plank, is threatening to reimpose sanctions on Iran when the next deadline comes on May 12, which would essentially mean the United States is pulling out of the deal.

Trump has ridiculed Kerry for a deal that he contends is not harsh enough on Iran, saying that inspectors should have broader access, portions of the deal should never expire, and that Iran’s ballistic missile program should also be curtailed.

During a Friday speech, Trump made fun of Kerry yet again, while calling the deal “horrible.”

“We have the former administration as represented by John Kerry, not the best negotiator we’ve ever seen,” Trump said. “He never walked away from the table, except to be in that bicycle race where he fell and broke his leg.”

Trump was referring to a 2015 bicycle accident Kerry had while preparing to ride up a mountain in the French Alps. A few weeks after undergoing surgery to repair his femur, Kerry completed the marathon negotiations on the Iran deal.

A year after he fell, Kerry returned to France to climb the mountain on his bike.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

21:54
Last updated
The time now is 10:23 PM
Watch

Follow - up / Tomorrow Press: 

welcomed Saudi Arabia on Tuesday, Balaqrart announced by US President Donald Trump, on the withdrawal of the US from the Iranian nuclear deal. 

"Saudi Arabia supports the American announcement of the re-imposition of economic sanctions on Iran, which have already been suspended under the nuclear agreement," the statement said.

"Saudi Arabia's previous support for the nuclear agreement between Iran and the 5 + 1 countries was based on its firm belief in the need to work on anything that would limit the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction in the Middle East and the world," he said. 

"Iran has exploited the economic benefits of lifting sanctions and used it to continue its destabilizing activities in the region by developing its ballistic missiles and supporting terrorist groups in the region, including Hezbollah and the Huthi militia, which used the capabilities transferred to Iran by Iran," the statement said. Targeting civilians in the Kingdom and Yemen and frequent exposure to international shipping corridors. "

It also hopes that the international community will adopt a firm and united stance towards Iran and what it described as its hostile actions that destabilize the region, support terrorist groups, support the Assad regime, and commit the most heinous crimes. Against its people, which led to the deaths of more than half a million civilians, including the use of chemical weapons. " 

"The Kingdom reaffirms its continued engagement with its partners in the United States and the international community to achieve the goals announced by the American President and the need to address the threat posed by Iran's policies to international peace and security with a comprehensive perspective not limited to its nuclear program, Including its interference in the affairs of the countries of the region and its support for terrorism, and completely cut off all avenues for Iran to acquire weapons of mass destruction. "

The US president announced the withdrawal of his country from the nuclear agreement concluded by the major powers with Iran in 2015, pointing out that the agreement does not prevent Iran's destabilizing activity in the region.
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

21:49
Last updated
The time now is 09:55 AM
Watch

Follow - up / Tomorrow Press: 

, announced the French president, Emmanuel shifty, said Tuesday that his country as well as Germany and Britain, feel sorry for the American decision announced by US President Donald Trump to withdraw from the Iranian nuclear deal.

"France, Germany and Britain regret the US decision to withdraw from the Iranian nuclear agreement," Macron wrote in his Twitter account. "The nuclear nonproliferation regime is at stake." 

"We will work collectively on a broader framework of nuclear activities beyond 2025, and stability in the Middle East, especially Syria, Yemen and Iraq," McCron said. 

US President Donald Trump announced his country's withdrawal from the nuclear deal signed by the major powers with Iran in 2015, pointing out that the agreement does not prevent Iran's destabilizing activity in the region. 

"After consulting the leaders of the region and the world, I concluded that through this agreement we can not prevent Iran from getting the bomb," Trump said in a televised address. "I announced my withdrawal from the nuclear agreement." 

Trump explained:

"Within minutes I will sign a memorandum to re-impose sanctions on Iran," he said.
  • Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Are you saying Iran will present the opportunity that Iraq has??? Iran is no Saddam Iraq... JMHO

B/A

iran the economic is better than iraq and  no corruption just blocked of sanctions . TRUMP have done good deal with iran . jUST WAIT THE VALUE WILL UP . iran have the lot oil as much  iraq . i believe the country much oil  very worthy

Edited by normala rashid
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

If the Iran Agreement was a good one why did  Barry do it by Executive Order and not through Congress!!!.  Simple, he knew it would never pass both Houses.  It was a terrible agreement which if left to stand would see a Nucleat Iran in 7 years and a Nuclear proliferatation in the ME as other countries in the region race to obtain their own Nuclear weapons.  With the reports by Netanyahu last week President Trump almost had no choice.  Does anyone remember that Israel took out a Nuclear site in Iraq in 1981 and a suspected Syrian Nuclear Reactor site in 2007.  Israel and Saudi Arabia are not going to sit by idly and watch Iran build a nuclear bomb.  Israel and Saudi Arabia have been under attack for years from Iran’s proxy warriors and they’ve had enough.  

Trump’s reversal is a big big deal that will have major repercussions in the ME, the Oil Markets, possibly the US Mid Terms, probably crypto currencies, and possibly the Iraq international monetary launch.  As a trader sitting at my desk you could see some of those repercussions playing out in real time.  With major sanctions about to hit Iran the world will need to replace 400-600 K barrels of oil.  I don’t think this will be a problem as the US Shale producers, SA, and Russia can pick up that slack with NO problem. If a war breaks out or Iran blocks off the Straits of Hormuz all bets are off.

As a a trader I was watching US Shale Producers, Eog, Oxy, Cxo, Fang, Pxd, PE and  Rspp.  I traded CXO!!!!

I am also watching Slca, Hal, and SLB 

Im also watching Defense Contractors,  Noc, Gd, Rtn, Lmt and the ETF,  ITA

As far as our Dinar investment goes we better hope Iran will choose to renegotiate the deal.  If a shooting war breaks out I don’t think we will see The Iraqi Dinar RV anytime soon.  This announcement by Trump might have just put the Kibosh on the plans for the Iraqi Dinar RV for an “ any day now” scenario.  I’m no guru and I get no joy making that statement.  I’m a pragmatic person and I try to read between the lines on major news stories. 

Todays announcement by President Trump is huge and we are just going to have to wait and see how it all plays out.  I’m praying that everything gets worked out quickly but nothing seems to ever happen like that without a cataclysmic event where there are true winners and losers.   

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, normala rashid said:

iran the economic is better than iraq and  no corruption just blocked of sanctions . TRUMP have done good deal with iran . jUST WAIT THE VALUE WILL UP . iran have the lot oil as much  iraq . i believe the country much oil  very worthy

Didn't they just change their money from the Rial to the Toman?

Which currency do you think is going up?  Both?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

If the Iran Agreement was a good one why did  Barry do it by Executive Order and not through Congress!!!.  Simple, he knew it would never pass both Houses.  It was a terrible agreement which if left to stand would see a Nucleat Iran in 7 years and a Nuclear proliferatation in the ME as other countries in the region race to obtain their own Nuclear weapons.  With the reports by Netanyahu last week President Trump almost had no choice.  Does anyone remember that Israel took out a Nuclear site in Iraq in 1981 and a suspected Syrian Nuclear Reactor site in 2007.  Israel and Saudi Arabia are not going to sit by idly and watch Iran build a nuclear bomb.  Israel and Saudi Arabia have been under attack for years from Iran’s proxy warriors and they’ve had enough.  

Trump’s reversal is a big big deal that will have major repercussions in the ME, the Oil Markets, possibly the US Mid Terms, probably crypto currencies, and possibly the Iraq international monetary launch.  As a trader sitting at my desk you could see some of those repercussions playing out in real time.  With major sanctions about to hit Iran the world will need to replace 400-600 K barrels of oil.  I don’t think this will be a problem as the US Shale producers, SA, and Russia can pick up that slack with NO problem. If a war breaks out or Iran blocks off the Straits of Hormuz all bets are off.

As a a trader I was watching US Shale Producers, Eog, Oxy, Cxo, Fang, Pxd, PE and  Rspp.  I traded CXO!!!!

As far as our Dinar investment goes we better hope Iran will choose to renegotiate the deal.  If a shooting war breaks out I don’t think we will see The Iraqi Dinar RV anytime soon.  This announcement by Trump might have just put the Kibosh on the plans for the Iraqi Dinar RV for an “ any day now” scenario.  I’m no guru and I get no joy making that statement.  I’m a pragmatic person and I try to read between the lines on major news stories. 

Todays announcement by President Trump is huge and we are just going to have to wait and see how it all plays out.  I’m praying that everything gets worked out quickly but nothing seems to ever happen like that without a cataclysmic event where there are true winners and losers.   

about business i lot trust with trump . trump says the iran deal negotiated by the obama administration failed to protect america's national security . i think trump have give best deal with iran . Tq trump

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

If the Iran Agreement was a good one why did  Barry do it by Executive Order and not through Congress!!!

Great Question...Here a Twitter reply....

Well then perhaps @BarackObama shouldn't have unilaterally usurped Congress and unconstitutionally signed an agreement (treaty) in which the next President could get rid of. Do please look up the treaty clause of the Constitution. #IranDeal #Iran

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

" If a shooting war breaks out I don’t think we will see The Iraqi Dinar RV anytime soon.  This announcement by Trump might have just put the Kibosh on the plans for the Iraqi Dinar RV for an “ any day now” scenario."

That ain't gonna happen!  Don't you think they've thought of that already?

Pretty sure all the politicians have dinar.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Floridian said:

This announcement by Trump might have just put the Kibosh on the plans for the Iraqi Dinar RV for an “ any day now” scenario."

With the New sanctions it could do just the opposite and leave them out completely....Heck everyone knows Maliki was the money guy to accelerate Iran Nuclear program...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, yota691 said:

Great Question...Here a Twitter reply Well then perhaps @BarackObama shouldn't have unilaterally usurped Congress and unconstitutionally signed an agreement (treaty) in which the next President could get rid of. Do please look up the treaty clause of the Constitution. #IranDeal #Iran

Yota, they are saying on TV that this was not a treaty, just an agreement, because Obama could never get a Treaty through Congress.

I way I understand what they said on TV was that Trump could not break a Treaty,  but was able to change an "agreement".

Not sure if I'm right, but this is what I understood them to say.

Edited by Floridian
  • Upvote 3

I never thought we would RV before the elections and probably not until after Ramadan.  I think today’s announcement may have complicated any plans for an eminent RV/RI. That’s all.  

• Upvote 2

treaty is “primarily a compact between independent nations.” Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution gives the President the power “to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur.” And the Supremacy Clause provides that “treaties,” like statutes, count as “the supreme law of the land.”

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

• yota691 changed the title to Iranian official calls for negotiations with Washington in Iraq
  • yota691 locked this topic