Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana Weekly 5 September 2018

Adam Montana

2 hours ago, FROSTYJACK said:

Thank U thank dude for clearing that up. Maybe you can help me out with this equation. I bought my first dinar in 2004  every time one of the Gurus said the reevaluation is happening this weekend I would smoke a joint.  There is approximately 30 joints to an American ounce of weed.  There is approximately 25 joints to a Canadian ounce of weed. It may have something to do with the metric system or the fact that Canadians are just a little bit stingy with their weed. I don't know how many ounces that would have been and I am way too stoned to figure it out.  So that being said. Uhh What was the question? 😎😎😎

I'm going with 42 - because ice cream has no bones....

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, DinarThug said:

So Let’s Hurry It Up And Pass The HCL - So That We Can Finally Put This Thing To Bed ! :o 

Mattresses GIF

What Day Is It ? :bananacamel:

:D  :D  :D 

2 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Where can I go buy one Thug.  

Luigi Said That Madame Wu Rents Them By The Hour - Me Luv Wu Long Time ! :o 

Победитель по жизни

But So Much For A Happy Finish ...

:D  :D  :D 
  • Haha 7

21 minutes ago, tankdude said:

I'm going with 42 - because ice cream has no bones....

Actually - if we do a base of 42 ounces....and assume that we average 27 joints (base between US and CA)  = that gives us approximately 1,134 cigweeds....

So - over 14 years - and using the assumption that some Guru has called it every week (to include Ramadan - which many of the gurus can't even spell) that comes out to 732 possible calls - (to include the extras with leap years) - which works out to 1.55 (rounding to 3 significant figures) joints per possible call....

Now lets assume that each joint has - on average (not sure if your a heavy roller or a big hitter) of 10 hits per joint (also makes math easy) - thats 11,134 tokes...

Wait - did I just go off on a tangent?

Oh wait - is this sold as dry goods or as a medicinal - should I be using Avoirdupois weights or Troy....Now I'm confused....

• Haha 7

7 hours ago, tankdude said:

Hope Mr. Montana doesn't mind....but I'm going to redo the math because I believe he made some false assumptions - for the sake of keeping it simple.  As we all know - I tend to not be so simple, but get "wrapped around the axle" at times - so with that, I will show my work. 

First - I would guess he is talking short tons.  In other words, 2,000 pounds. I'm sure Mr. Montana in is math assumed the same we learned in school - 16 ounces per pound - but that's if this is based on the Avoirdupois measurements. These are used for coarse dry weights such as grain, flour, sugar, tea, etc., and are the units of weight you likely learned about in school.

The standard weight measurements used for all precious metal products are Troy ounces and pounds. All legal tender silver, gold and platinum coins are struck according to these Troy weights. Troy weights are also called Apothecary weights, due to their use with medical drugs

- 1 Troy Ounce = 31.1035 grams

- 1 Avoirdupois Ounce = 28.3495 grams

In other words, a 1 ounce silver coin is heavier than an ounce of tea.

But wait - it's about to get a bit more confusing...

- 1 Troy Pound = 12 Troy Ounces (373.242 grams)

- 1 Avoirdupois Pound = 16 Avoirdupois Ounces (453.592 grams)

In other words, a 1 Troy pound bag of silver coins is lighter than a pound bag of rice!  Thus the famous riddle - which weighs more - a pound of feathers or a pound of gold?

(In case you're hazy on that - it would be the pound of feathers....)

https://www.govmint.com/coin-authority/post/troy-ounces-vs-avoirdupois-ounces/

So - with this information in hand lets redo the math.

1 ton (2,000 Troy pounds) =29,166.67 troy ounces (oz t) in gold X 6.5 = 189,583.33 troy ounces

189,583.33 oz t  X  $1,195.50 (current spot bid price)  = $226,646,871.015 - which is a $ 20 million difference.  Maybe not all that significant for a country, but it would sure make a difference in my pocket book!

Today's lesson has been brought to you by the letter Zed and the number i - 

:lmao: I saw this response earlier and it got an actual belly laugh out of me! Thank you for the correction, sir :tiphat: 

To be fair, I also rounded up on the price of gold and didn't account for brokers fees or anything like that, but as long as we can agree "it's a lot of money" I think we're all good :lol: 

On 9/3/2018 at 4:23 PM, WolfRanch said:

Adam, can you break down the last few days of what is really happening in the Iraq Paraliment in laymen’s terms please.  Yoga is doing a great service for us by posting all the news but it’s so back and forth that I’m very confused.  One specific item I’m interested in is what is happening to Abadi, one post shows he’s outgoing and another shows he’s heading up some organization that I’ve never hear of. Thanx a million.  The Wolf

I hope I did ok on that in the first post. :twothumbs:

19 hours ago, lmb4321 said:

September date is about a 3% chance of happening. In November of 2017, the discussion on the third review was done from the 17th to the 21st, 2017 and the report at the time discussed the 2018 budget. This third review is crucial because the machinations of having everything setup to RV must be completed by August 2018, when IMF should begin reviewing Iraq for the third time. Now the seating of the new government could delay the completion of the third review by two months or so but it will be in the Summer of 2019 that is the best chance for an RV. A final review might also be needed but nothing has been said about this. Why? The IMF, if finding the the final review of Iraq as acceptable, will then give the green light. I know almost everyone is saying only the CBI can pull the trigger and they are right but the CBI is waiting for the IMF to give a green light (permission) to do so. I believe should the IMF find Iraq progressing, meaning all the objectives of the second review have been worked on in an exceedingly progressive manner, then and only then will the IMF give the green light for Iraq to pull the trigger. In 2012, there was conjecture that the RV happened. What brought about the RV at the time was a 2009 SBA. IMF is assigning Iraq homework. Iraq is doing the homework and being graded on it. If Iraq passes then they will be certified to RV just like they were in 2012. Once the 2016 SBA is completed, have everything in place agreeable to the IMF, then and only then will the window be open to RV. One other thing, I do not think it will happen as soon as the SBA is deemed complete. It might take a few months but the window opens up around July 19, 2019, the completion date of the SBA of 2016. ........

Hey Adam......Just a follow up to this.....So you believe the Monetary Reform (RV) can happen..... before the end of the

3 year.. SBA agreement with the IMF in 2016?....It seems to be a nice connection as far as time wise..

..JMHO....

Again I hope I'm wrong.....Thanks again

Isn't it a weird thing to hope you are wrong?! ;) 

Thank you for the comment, and your thoughts. Especially about the 3% chance of it happening in September, that's a pretty specific number.

Did you know that 67.3% of all percentage stats are actually made up on the spot?

:twocents: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

7 hours ago, lmb4321 said:

Thank you Adam for the response.....I guess the question I have for you is

Can the Monetary Reform happen before the SBA 2016agreement with the IMF?...

Will the CBI be able to act alone and start the Reform without the IMF's Approval?...

Again much Thanks for your opinion....

FYI I try to keep my responses to questions in the weekly Q threads, otherwise I end up engaging in endless debates and would never get any work done... but I'll make an exception on this one.

In a perfect scenario, the IMF gives the green light, CBI implements the "approved" changes, RV, :partyhat: 

Let's be real, though... if the CBI wants to go ahead with it, then they will, and what is the IMF going to do - tell them "no, you can't pay X for your Dinar"?? I don't think so. :lol:

And if the IMF DID do something like that, can you imagine how many institutions around the world would completely REVOLT against the IMF?! It would be absolute chaos!

With that said, I completely reject the idea that the IMF "must" do anything at all to enable, allow, or even encourage Iraq/CBI/GOI/etc to do anything with their currency.

They will do what they want, when they want it.

Chapter 7 was a big deal. That prohibited them, via the United Nations and more, from making any major changes. Chapter 7 was the ONLY sanction that completely restricted them from RVing, in my opinion. There are other items that needed to be handled in order to make it easier, but even now - without HCL in place - they could still do it today

It's my opinion that it is not likely to happen before the HCL is in place, but they COULD. 

:twocents: 

• Thanks 6
  • Upvote 5