Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana Weekly 5 September 2018

Adam Montana

2 hours ago, Adam Montana said:

Iraq in general has made light years of progress compared to where they were a decade ago. 

There is an end in sight,

So Let’s Hurry It Up And Pass The HCL - So That We Can Finally Put This Thing To Bed ! :o 

Mattresses GIF

What Day Is It ? :bananacamel:

:D  :D  :D 
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, Adam Montana said:

• etting back to the basics of what makes Iraq a solid candidate for ReValuation, don’t forget that they are RICH with Black Gold… OIL. The world runs on that stuff, Iraq has a ton of it, which means they have intrinsic value that cannot be denied. The CBI has announced that they are also adding to their “other” Gold, to the tune of an additional 6.5 tons. I’ll save you the trouble of doing the math… 6.5 tons = 208,000 ounces. Gold is about $1200 per ounce right now, so that’s a value of $249,600,000. (Obviously a little less due to wholesale value, but it’s a lot of money!) Not too shabby of a report for the day, and it shows increasing strength. Good stuff!

Hope Mr. Montana doesn't mind....but I'm going to redo the math because I believe he made some false assumptions - for the sake of keeping it simple.  As we all know - I tend to not be so simple, but get "wrapped around the axle" at times - so with that, I will show my work. 

First - I would guess he is talking short tons.  In other words, 2,000 pounds. I'm sure Mr. Montana in is math assumed the same we learned in school - 16 ounces per pound - but that's if this is based on the Avoirdupois measurements. These are used for coarse dry weights such as grain, flour, sugar, tea, etc., and are the units of weight you likely learned about in school.

The standard weight measurements used for all precious metal products are Troy ounces and pounds. All legal tender silver, gold and platinum coins are struck according to these Troy weights. Troy weights are also called Apothecary weights, due to their use with medical drugs

- 1 Troy Ounce = 31.1035 grams

- 1 Avoirdupois Ounce = 28.3495 grams

In other words, a 1 ounce silver coin is heavier than an ounce of tea.

But wait - it's about to get a bit more confusing...

- 1 Troy Pound = 12 Troy Ounces (373.242 grams)

- 1 Avoirdupois Pound = 16 Avoirdupois Ounces (453.592 grams)

In other words, a 1 Troy pound bag of silver coins is lighter than a pound bag of rice!  Thus the famous riddle - which weighs more - a pound of feathers or a pound of gold?

(In case you're hazy on that - it would be the pound of feathers....)

https://www.govmint.com/coin-authority/post/troy-ounces-vs-avoirdupois-ounces/

So - with this information in hand lets redo the math.

1 ton (2,000 Troy pounds) =29,166.67 troy ounces (oz t) in gold X 6.5 = 189,583.33 troy ounces

189,583.33 oz t  X  $1,195.50 (current spot bid price)  = $226,646,871.015 - which is a $ 20 million difference.  Maybe not all that significant for a country, but it would sure make a difference in my pocket book!

Today's lesson has been brought to you by the letter Zed and the number i - 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, tankdude said:

Hope Mr. Montana doesn't mind....but I'm going to redo the math because I believe he made some false assumptions - for the sake of keeping it simple.  As we all know - I tend to not be so simple, but get "wrapped around the axle" at times - so with that, I will show my work. 

First - I would guess he is talking short tons.  In other words, 2,000 pounds. I'm sure Mr. Montana in is math assumed the same we learned in school - 16 ounces per pound - but that's if this is based on the Avoirdupois measurements. These are used for coarse dry weights such as grain, flour, sugar, tea, etc., and are the units of weight you likely learned about in school.

The standard weight measurements used for all precious metal products are Troy ounces and pounds. All legal tender silver, gold and platinum coins are struck according to these Troy weights. Troy weights are also called Apothecary weights, due to their use with medical drugs

- 1 Troy Ounce = 31.1035 grams

- 1 Avoirdupois Ounce = 28.3495 grams

In other words, a 1 ounce silver coin is heavier than an ounce of tea.

But wait - it's about to get a bit more confusing...

- 1 Troy Pound = 12 Troy Ounces (373.242 grams)

- 1 Avoirdupois Pound = 16 Avoirdupois Ounces (453.592 grams)

In other words, a 1 Troy pound bag of silver coins is lighter than a pound bag of rice!  Thus the famous riddle - which weighs more - a pound of feathers or a pound of gold?

(In case you're hazy on that - it would be the pound of feathers....)

https://www.govmint.com/coin-authority/post/troy-ounces-vs-avoirdupois-ounces/

1 ton (2,000 Troy pounds) =29,166.67 troy ounces (oz t) in gold X 6.5 = 189,583.33 troy ounces

189,583.33 oz t  X  $1,195.50 (current spot bid price)  = $226,646,871.015 - which is a $ 20 million difference.  Maybe not all that significant for a country, but it would sure make a difference in my pocket book!

Thank U thank dude for clearing that up. Maybe you can help me out with this equation. I bought my first dinar in 2004  every time one of the Gurus said the reevaluation is happening this weekend I would smoke a joint.  There is approximately 30 joints to an American ounce of weed.  There is approximately 25 joints to a Canadian ounce of weed. It may have something to do with the metric system or the fact that Canadians are just a little bit stingy with their weed. I don't know how many ounces that would have been and I am way too stoned to figure it out.  So that being said. Uhh What was the question? 😎😎😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, tankdude said:

Bro....when does that brain of yours ever rest? 😳 Just keepin’ the Chief Cheese Head honest! :cheesehead:

Sandfly Sir Adam...no worries about the math...hopefully this RV thingy will be healthy enough we won’t have to worry too much about math after that!  ...Except for the Rate Of Returns on our Crypto!!! :eyebrows:

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Adam Montana said:

I’ve seen my name mentioned in some threads regarding rubies (downvotes)... I’m not going to respond to those any more than I already have. A ruby on your post doesn’t affect your bank account or your love life, so just suck it up, buttercup. :partyhat:

:twothumbs:   :twothumbs:   :twothumbs: Thank You for Your Fabulous As Usual Wednesday Posts AND All You And Your Affiliates Do For Us, Adam, AND The Best Of Your Week To You!!! :tiphat:   :tiphat:   :tiphat:

(Hey, I like the “no mo whining” about it, either!!! THANK YOU, SIR!!!)

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET ‘ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

• Upvote 2