Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How to tell if my Dinar are still valid?

gta1218

Good Question, GTA1218, AND The Best Of Your Weekend To You!!! :tiphat:

Here is a link to the Central Bank Of Iraq noting the current valid denominations:

https://cbi.iq/page/89

Here is link to the Central Bank Of Iraq noting the current withdrawn and no longer valid denominations:

https://cbi.iq/page/90

Hope this helps!

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

1 hour ago, paperboy said:

Gta1218,

all denominations with the exception of the 50’s are still good.  The 50’s were called in several years ago.  If you are still holding any of those, they are worthless.

Wait - The 50 Dinar Notes Are Completely Worthless ? Wtf Are U Saying ? :blink:

That Slick Santa LGD And That Smooth Talkin’ FM Italian DJ In Gold Chains Umbertino - Just Sold Me Another Entire Hefty Bag Full Of Them Again Last Weekend ! :o 

They Even Rewarded My ‘Chump Of The Month Club’ Purchase With Additional Shoe Boxes Full Of S&H Green Stamps ...

:D  :D  :D 

• Haha 8

paperboy, are the 50 Dinar worthless? I know they took them out of circulation a few years ago but did the CBI say they would be worthless? I sent all mine to DinarTrade an they swapped them out but now was wondering if I carried 20-30 of them into the CBI if they would exchange it....I still see tons of them on EBay.

1 hour ago, DoD said:

paperboy, are the 50 Dinar worthless? ....I still see tons of them on EBay.

And All Of Them From The Same Shady Sicilian Based Outfit In The Basement Of A Tiny Gelato Stand - LGTino Enterprises ...

:D  :D  :D 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Circulated Banknotes: In 2013 the Central Bank of Iraq has upgraded the circulated banknotes the series of 2003 which included graphic design and technical characters apart from the denomination of (50) dinar which has been withdrawn from circulation since 1st May 2015.The two series will remain legal tender alongside in circulation until the old are naturally worn out. In December 2015 Central Bank of Iraq has put into circulation the new issuance of 50000 dinar to accomplish the series of 2013.

https://cbi.iq/page/89

Withdrawn and worthless are the same thing regarding a denomination of currency as legal tender - anywhere. One may acquire these if they thing it will be a sole collector's item of value at some point in the future. Pretty much like the ZIM notes, though. Probably far better considerations elsewhere. The ebay folks selling 50 Iraqi Dinar denominations are trying to recover their losses like the ebay folks selling their ZIM notes.

The bottom of this page shows the 50 Iraqi Dinar denomination issued in 2003 as withdrawn:

https://cbi.iq/page/90

So...............................if You see these babies anywhere:

Related image

Edited by Synopsis
  • Haha 3

DoD,  it was my understanding that we had a certain amount of time to exchange them.  And then they were good for wallpaper.  But I’m not 100% sure about that.   I don’t think any of the dealers will take them.  The CBI might.   But I’m not making the trip to find out.   😎

Edit:  I’m just now seeing Synopsis’ post above.  Great info. 👍

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Synopsis said:

Withdrawn and worthless are the same thing regarding a denomination of currency as legal tender - anywhere. 

Does this mean all the 5.000 10.000 US notes that I have are worthless? They were taken out of circulation in 1969. The 2.00 note in my wallet is still good I hope....

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, DoD said:

Does this mean all the 5.000 10.000 US notes that I have are worthless? They were taken out of circulation in 1969. The 2.00 note in my wallet is still good I hope....

Well, OK, I thought we were talking specifically about the Iraqi Dinar 50 denomination, DoD, AND The Best Of The Rest Of Your Weekend AND Upcoming Week To You!!!

:tiphat:

You may have seen some of the referenced US Currencies here:

https://www.moneyfactory.gov/uscurrency/denomsabove100.html

So, the 5,000 and 10,000 USD denominations that are not counterfeit are out of circulation and are worth more than face value so are not worthless.

I dunno about the 50 Iraqi Dinar notes previously printed. I suspect they'll pretty much remain worthless.

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

Well yeah we were talking about the 50 Dinar but you made the statement that a currency is worthless ANYWHERE that was taken out of circulation. 

I would agree that the 50 Dinar note is probably worthless but was just wondering if anyone had seen an article from the CBI saying as much. 

1 hour ago, DoD said:

Well yeah we were talking about the 50 Dinar but you made the statement that a currency is worthless ANYWHERE that was taken out of circulation. 

I would agree that the 50 Dinar note is probably worthless but was just wondering if anyone had seen an article from the CBI saying as much. 

Maybe take a look at this announcement from the CBI:

He noted the bank that "the term that will replace these banknotes will begin on the first of March to 30of April next," stressing that "the end of the period of replacement will be banknote void and have no discharge power will not be accepted in Iraq."

Is this what You were looking for?

In The Mean Time..............................................................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

• Upvote 1

That's exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much. 

WOW, February 2015, I've been in this craziness way to long because it doesn't feel like the 50's have been gone that long. 

Synopsis, you have put to rest my question about the 50 note with that article, especially the Article 36 that Yota posted in that thread about the 50 Dinar note. It is not legal tender.

Now what do we do??? lol 

Hold tight, I will find another project to keep us busy with....

• Thanks 1

Thank you to all who helped out with the clarification. It looks like I am good. I have 25k, 10k, 5k and 1k uncirculated notes. I have been a member for a long time but hardly ever post. I stopped checking the Dinar for a while and thought I missed a deadline and had expired notes lol

• Upvote 1