Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana Weekly 22 August 2018

Adam Montana

Good afternoon all!

Today won't be a long one - it's holiday in Iraq, nothing will happen today through Saturday. (Happy holiday to my Muslim friends!)

It is helpful to understand the occasions, rather than resort to the simple "Oh, they are always on holiday!" or "Nothing gets done over there..." - so, here's a little education from https://www.officeholidays.com/religious/muslim/al_adha.php :

Traditions of Eid Al Adha

Eid al-Adha concludes the Pilgrimage to Mecca. Eid al-Adha lasts for three days and commemorates Ibrahim's (Abraham) willingness to obey God by sacrificing his son.

The same story appears in the Bible and is familiar to Jews and Christians. One key difference is that Muslims believe the son was Ishmael rather than Isaac as told in the Old Testament.

According to the Quran, Ibrahim was about to sacrifice his son when a voice from heaven stopped him and allowed him to make something else as a 'great sacrifice'. In the Old Testament, it is a ram that is sacrificed instead of the son.

In Islam, Ishmael is regarded as a prophet and an ancestor of Muhammad.

During the feast of Eid Al Adha, Muslims re-enact Ibrahim's obedience by sacrificing a cow or ram. The family will eat about a third of the meal a third goes to friends and relatives, and the remaining third is donated to the poor and needy.

The giving of charity in the form of money, food or clothes to the homeless or poor is another key tradition of Eid al Adha.

Good news, though! 

Although it's not "officially official", there are enough reports out to satisfy me that Elections have been approved, which allows MPs (Members of Parliament) to move onto the next stage, which is appointing a President. Once this is done, and that should not be long, that will free them up to work on various little things like... oh, I don't know... HCL!

Enjoy the weekend, hang tight for some changes in the headlines... this was a long process, but once Holiday is over I am expecting a bit of change in the lull we've been riding through.

Here are the weekly Questions:

On 8/19/2018 at 3:27 AM, Botzwana said:

Adam,  Theseus wrote what is a really good explanation of why we may be waiting till July of 2019 for a possible RV.  You said in your last update we are in the final stretch and they could do it NOW.  What do you think about Theseus proposal?  Are we spinning our wheels till next year?  Gracias!

I apologize my friend, I didn't get to read the proposal. But I agree with the premise that we are in "green light" territory.

Sunday is the soonest I expect to see any major news... we will see!

:twothumbs: 

On 8/21/2018 at 8:33 AM, bkeiller said:

Do you think the IMF has to give the nod to an RV?

Of course - the IMF isn't going to hold them back when they choose to RV. We've seen the IMF stay very silent on Iraq once the restrictions were lifted several years ago. If the IMF was going to try to block anything, they would be very outspoken about it and we'd all know it was time to pack our bags and find another subject to keep our interest... that is not the case.

:twocents: 

17 hours ago, new york kevin said:

Sir: With the recent article stating that a Militia loyal to Maliki crossed the Jordanian border and engaged Federal Iraqi Troops, and kicked their butts. How does this affect the security and stability conditions. that are suppose to be in place in order for there to be a RV?  Slash how does this affect their overall security if these bozoes can walk all over them just like ISIS did? 

How does the recent rumor that Iraqi is no longer in IMF compliance, effect the ability for our dinar to RV?

Why hasn't Abadi and Federal GOI, arrested Maliki and family for sedition and terrorist activities with these latest criminal offensives?

Good afternoon sir!

I have to ask everyone for a favor - if you are referencing a news item, an article, or even a rumor... please post a link to the corresponding information, so I can take the time to read it and respond accordingly. 

Regarding Abadi, it seems like he just ignores Maliki. I'd bet he is just waiting for the right time to take action.

8 hours ago, thylocene said:

Hi Adam

Iraq imports food, car, construction parts from Iran and the U.S. has promised consequences if countries ignore sanctions. Iraqi officials are going to ask for exemptions in Washington. What effect would this have on any potential RV if the U.S. says no to exemptions. Iranian imports to Iraq is around $6 billion and there is a further $12 billion in energy contracts

Good question. I don't see it having an impact on an RV... it's just politics as far as all that is concerned. There are enough channels Iraq can use to support their monetary reform or changes and plenty of ways to stall any negative actions from the US.

So, no impact that we need to worry about.

:twothumbs: 

6 hours ago, Bernard1 said:

Adam 

Firstly I am not a newbie, been here since the beginning but had to open a new account for this fantastic site👏.

I'm sure your familiar with Snapchat and it's uses especially the 1 which lets you access snaps or stories in any part of the world. Recently I've been checking out Iraq and the major city's there and I have to say the place looks amazing, it's not the poor war torn country people would have you believe. The infrastructure looks good but what catches the eye most is the amount of wealth that seems to be around,Gold furniture, designer shops lacoste etc. Adam this country is booming,people look happy il be honest they look like their enjoying life more than we are😂 nothing seems to be holding this country back from what I've seen it's looks like a pretty exciting place to make money and it WILL make the likes of UAE the poor neighbour!

I suppose my q is I really can't see what's holding them back releasing an international currency and opening for business can you? And considering all this is .10 really realistic it's be great but I honestly think they're worth more, a lot more.

Hey Bernard1, congrats on your first post! You've taken the first step in not being labelled a "newbie". :partyhat: :lol: 

To your question... the one thing that is missing, now that the Elections are mostly concluded, is HCL. I know I harp on that a lot, but it's truly the one thing I see that MUST be done in order to have a successful RV.

:twocents: 

That's it for now everyone... stay grounded, wear protection if you venture into the rumor section, and GOOO RRRVVVVVV!!!!

:tiphat:

- Adam

Oh, one last thing - the weekly powerball pool! I'll try to get my numbers in there later, but I neglected to get my ticket so far. That shouldn't keep you from getting in!

Here's the link: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, RodandStaff said:

Sandfly Adam and Mod's for keepin' us grounded while we :rocking-chair: 

Come on RV Baby!!! :eyebrows:

Wtf - Somebody Negged My Buddy Fishin’ Rod ? :blink: 

He Wasn’t Even Telling One Of His Many Overly Exaggerated Fish Stories ...

:D  :D  :D 

(Don’t Worry Rod - The Clown ‘Hooked’ U Up Phat With Some Luv) ! ;) 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2