Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IRS

Artitech

On 8/22/2018 at 5:12 PM, Luigi1 said:

Luigi plans on setting 50% aside for taxes purposes until the IRS dust finally settles.

The 20% rule for now, could change a dozen times before we file.

Don't cut yourself short or open yourself up to an audit or tax evasion charges.

Be prepared. Be diligent. Do your homework. Don't blow your tax funds. IMO.

Well since I am not part of the OSI, I myself, am figuring on 52%, leaving room for taxes (both Federal and State)... and if it ends up being less than total 52%then I will take the difference and be happy... I already have my mind ready for what I have MINUS the 52% never figuring on the whole amount I would have UNTIL after taxes (52%). 

so for once I agree with Luigi...... 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Botzwana said:

I brought mine to Mexico.  USA can kiss my behind.

Bruce And Luigi Have Just Volunteered As US Goodwill Ambassadors ! :moon-from-car:

Mexico vs Uruguay - 5 June 2016

They’re Just Requesting A Little Salt On The Rim ....... Followed By A Few Dozen Tequila Body Shots ...... :mexican:

:D  :D  :D 
  • Haha 2

Take it from a salesperson who has been audited several times.  Be very meticulous in logging your miles for business.  It’s a great deduction but if you try to wing it or make stuff up you will at some point get audited.  It’s just not worth it to fudge your records.

When I was working I had a log book in my car.  I kept great records and never once had to pay in my audits..

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

I drove 48k miles, I only claimed 26,500 or so miles and I didn’t keep great records, so I tried to claim less than I drove so I wouldn’t get audited. I went from driving no miles the prior year to 48k the next. 

The IRS in the official Audit letter stated they wanted:

The name of the Customer

Address of the Customer

Reason for Visit

beginning mileage that day (your commute)

ending mileage 

There may have been a couple other things. 

They state that if it is not in that format they don’t need to accept it. I looked into MileIQ app but IRS make it so laborious that no one does it the correct way per their stipulations. 

mile iq keeps track of miles but doesn’t provide customer name address.... plus that’s such a pain in the @$$.... makes my day harder.... I go to 3-4 cities a day and appts change last minute all the time for me so I’ve just opted to not claim the miles in the future because I’m red flagged now....

your chance of getting audited is slim slim but unfortunately I was the “winner winner chicken dinner” on the audit list this year. 

Im just hoping they don’t open up an inquiry into subsequent years. I wrote them a check for 5k and didn’t dispute their claim because I couldn’t give them every detail they asked for. I have two more years with miles like that they didn’t investigate. The miles are all legit. I’m a 100% commission sales rep. Company doesn’t pay me gas or mileage reimbursement so it all truly comes out of my pocket..... I just don’t want them breathing down my back. It ain’t worth the 5k personally. 

Hope this helps.... little long of a rant :) 

I am a trucker and we have the "keep trucking" app. May want to look that up. It's a log book. It tracks everything but that way if you get audited it has all your info stored in it like your start mileage, where you are when you start according to GPS location, where you stop on a rest break, where you deliver, ect.... but us truckers have to follow certain break times and certain laws when it comes to 10 hour breaks, ect. Don't think you have to go by those rules do you so it may not work for you I guess. 

Edited by Rmc10
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Thug, I think they are cheering because they pay no taxes and get free food, housing, and medical care. Viva Mexico.  

My wife asked me if I wanted to travel to Mexico for vacation.  I said, why, all the Mexicans are here in the USA. We can go see them in the barrio in east Houston. 

Before any any of you PC crowd gets your panties in a bunch that is a joke told to me by one of my good friends, who is from Mexico and now a US citizen.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

I drove 48k miles, I only claimed 26,500 or so miles and I didn’t keep great records, so I tried to claim less than I drove so I wouldn’t get audited. I went from driving no miles the prior year to 48k the next. 

The IRS in the official Audit letter stated they wanted:

The name of the Customer

Address of the Customer

Reason for Visit

beginning mileage that day (your commute)

ending mileage 

There may have been a couple other things. 

They state that if it is not in that format they don’t need to accept it. I looked into MileIQ app but IRS make it so laborious that no one does it the correct way per their stipulations. 

mile iq keeps track of miles but doesn’t provide customer name address.... plus that’s such a pain in the @$$.... makes my day harder.... I go to 3-4 cities a day and appts change last minute all the time for me so I’ve just opted to not claim the miles in the future because I’m red flagged now....

your chance of getting audited is slim slim but unfortunately I was the “winner winner chicken dinner” on the audit list this year. 

Im just hoping they don’t open up an inquiry into subsequent years. I wrote them a check for 5k and didn’t dispute their claim because I couldn’t give them every detail they asked for. I have two more years with miles like that they didn’t investigate. The miles are all legit. I’m a 100% commission sales rep. Company doesn’t pay me gas or mileage reimbursement so it all truly comes out of my pocket..... I just don’t want them breathing down my back. It ain’t worth the 5k personally. 

Hope this helps.... little long of a rant :) 

I really appreciate your feedback.

i was curious as to their requirements.  

I’m two months into using MileIQ, I will have to go back and label my trips. 

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

:tiphat:

• Thanks 1