Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Central Bank: the high purchasing power of the Iraqi citizen

Butifldrm

112943.jpg?width=750&&height=375

2018/08/17 16:30
  • Number of readings 30
  • Section: Iraq
  •  

Central Bank: the high purchasing power of the Iraqi citizen

Baghdad / Mesbah: The Director of the Central Bank of Iraq Branch of Qassem Rahif, Friday, 17 August 2018, on the high purchasing power and tourism of the Iraqi citizen after the decline in the price of currency in a number of neighboring countries compared to the Iraqi dinar .

Reheef said in a press statement that the decline of the Iranian and Turkish currency compared to foreign currency and the Iraqi dinar allowed citizens to raise the level of shopping and shopping from these countries, in addition to the high proportion of travelers for tourism purposes from Iraqis .

He pointed out that Iraq depends almost entirely on imports and the low national currency of these countries to increase the purchasing power of the country and citizens in the import and purchase of goods .

http://almasalah.com/ar/news/147464/البنك-المركزي-ارتفاع-القدرة-الشرائية-للمواطن-العراق

يFollow the obelisk - local media

Edited by Butifldrm
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 7

We see so much great progress by Iraq only to see them fritter it away on some non issue and bickering. You could tell them they won the lottery and needed to claim in three days and they would want to form a committee to discuss it AFTER a blooming holiday.

I know, I know 10YL would have a better response but I'm just an apprentice that fills in for him on day's off :)

pp

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

We see so much great progress by Iraq only to see them fritter it away on some non issue and bickering. You could tell them they won the lottery and needed to claim in three days and they would want to form a committee to discuss it AFTER a blooming holiday.

I know, I know 10YL would have a better response but I'm just an apprentice that fills in for him on day's off :)

pp

True.....but couldn't muster a quorum to vote on it.   :facepalm2:

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 2

Maybe the Iranian and Turkish are going to start using the dinar because its purchasing power compare to their own currency and because they can't deal with the dollar. Creating a bigger demand for the dinar and raising his value .

Go dinar

Go supply and demand

Go Market value

Go purchasing power

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1

Great article! Thanks for sharing Buti! This seems like the absolute perfect storm brewing right now both of these countries having devalued currencies. If you can't use the dollar then why not use the dinar and drive up the demand and the value! Could Pres Trump have had this card up his sleeve the whole time? I said it a few months ago that, when he took Iraq off the list of countries that were banned from that infamous list, that it meant something significant in my eyes. From now on I am gonna solely focus on the CBI and their activities. Its become so frustrating reading about the GOI and their antics. The CBI is still doing business as usual and making moves no matter what. I feel we are very close! Okay sorry for the long message. GO RV! 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

LaidBack, That's an excellent comment you make.   My guess is that many citizens in each country are already doing just that. Perhaps we can ask Davis411 to chime in - as I am certain there are many Canadians who use similar tactics due to the value of the Canadian dollar compared to the US dollar.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Floridian said:

This is crazy!  They brag about the "high purchasing power of the Iraqi citizen" 

because the currencies of Iran and Turkey have declined, not because their own money is worth anything.

What kind of reasoning is that?

The mindset, reasoning & logic of these folks have led us to this pivotal moment in history-comforting, isn’t it  :facepalm:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Floridian said:

This is crazy!  They brag about the "high purchasing power of the Iraqi citizen" 

because the currencies of Iran and Turkey have declined, not because their own money is worth anything.

What kind of reasoning is that?

Iraq is being propped up by many countries of the world ..  i think is what the article meant to say just my conjecture im kinda joking and serious wrapped into one , all the best floridian 

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, mannie2g said:

The iqd doesn't have any sanctions like Iran and Turkey 

The Euro doesn't have any sanctions either and unlike the IQD is accepted all over the world.

And believe me, I am not against using the IQD, or I wouldn't be here.  I'm just stating my opinion of which currency Iran and Turkey will use instead of their own.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Laid Back said:

Maybe the Iranian and Turkish are going to start using the dinar because its purchasing power compare to their own currency and because they can't deal with the dollar. Creating a bigger demand for the dinar and raising his value .

Go dinar

Go supply and demand

Go Market value

Go purchasing power

Wishful thinking LB, but I like the thought process that brings out a positive over the huge amount frustration days we all get put through.

pp

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2