Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Away from the protests .. Iraqis are waiting to activate the law of the National Oil Company in September

keylime

Well, OK, PokerPlayer, I gave You one Purple Trophy for each of Your posts here since that was all I could give You. Please post some more so I can give You some more Purple Trophies!!!

:twothumbs:       :twothumbs:       :twothumbs:

AND, PokerPlayer, The Best Of The Rest Of Your Week AND Weekend To You!!! :tiphat:

In The Mean Time..............................................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

Thxs Syn, your a pretty hard guy to keep up with as well, :)

Have a great week-end and here is hoping for further good news in the coming days !

pp

Thank You, PokerPlayer!!!

I look forward to meeting You and Your hubbie post event.

Fond memories of Kiskimasstakin and, of course, Calgary with Banff, Lake Louise and all THAT fabulously BEAUTIFUL stuff....................................................

https://www.lescampskiskimaastakin.com/home

I did get me a couple 'bou...........................

Je vou chasse le caribou. (French for I am hunting Caribou!!!)!!!

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

P.S. Please post some more so I can give YOU more Purple Trophies!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I would say PRE. Otherwise they are giving the citizens their fair share of the oil money and then BOOM! That fair share suddenly becomes instant wealth beyond their imaginations, of which the CBI would be on the hook for. It seems they would RV the dinar, then give the citizens their share from the new rate.

• Upvote 8

September date is about a 3% chance of happening. In November of 2017, the discussion on the third review was done from the 17th to the 21st, 2017 and the report at the time discussed the 2018 budget. This third review is crucial because the machinations of having everything setup to RV must be completed by August 2018, when IMF should begin reviewing Iraq for the third time. Now the seating of the new government could delay the completion of the third review by two months or so but it will be in the Summer of 2019 that is the best chance for an RV. A final review might also be needed but nothing has been said about this. Why? The IMF, if finding the the final review of Iraq as acceptable, will then give the green light. I know almost everyone is saying only the CBI can pull the trigger and they are right but the CBI is waiting for the IMF to give a green light (permission) to do so. I believe should the IMF find Iraq progressing, meaning all the objectives of the second review have been worked on in an exceedingly progressive manner, then and only then will the IMF give the green light for Iraq to pull the trigger. In 2012, there was conjecture that the RV happened. What brought about the RV at the time was a 2009 SBA. IMF is assigning Iraq homework. Iraq is doing the homework and being graded on it. If Iraq passes then they will be certified to RV just like they were in 2012. Once the 2016 SBA is completed, have everything in place agreeable to the IMF, then and only then will the window be open to RV. One other thing, I do not think it will happen as soon as the SBA is deemed complete. It might take a few months but the window opens up around July 19, 2019, the completion date of the SBA of 2016.

Edited by Theseus
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

4 hours ago, Theseus said:

It might take a few months but the window opens up around July 19, 2019, the completion date of the SBA of 2016.

Okie dokie......so what's another year of waiting?  MORE RUM AND WHISKEY IS SHALL BE TILL' THEN! :drunk:

4 hours ago, DinarThug said:

:o 

Boom GIF

:D  :D  :D 

I nearly dropped my shot glass off this HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! :lol:

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, miquel said:

WOW.

You so matter of factly popped the huge collective balloon of anticipation that was filling up toward ready to burst.

3% chance? As good as you'll get in Reno. 

3% chance is better than a 0% chance, wouldn't you agree?

As far as "the huge collective balloon of anticipation" I have stated as much going back to when the SBA of 2016 first appeared on radar and have been lambasted for saying such. I have held firmly to this conjecture that the RV will not happen without the IMF's blessing and the successful completion of the SBA of 2016. What Iraq has been working on, has achieved and continues to work on is based on the SBA 2016 and the suggestions of each subsequent review. Each review is first a review of the benchmarks previously set up and then suggestions going forth. The CBI has not met all of the benchmarks and has had those that were missed waived. I do not see July 19, 2019 as an RV date but as the opening of the window for the best chance, Iraq has to RV after such date. So it could be 2023 before an RV or it could be 2019 before an RV. I am saying that the chance will be greatly increased once the IMF signs off on a successful completion of the SBA of 2016. Could it happen before then? Sure. But the saying goes there is a slim chance in hell that it will. Why? Once the GOI is officially seated, then it becomes the budget season for the formation of Iraq's Budget of 2019.  Historically, very little major legislation has been passed during this period. Based on a history of the GOI, the budget will need to be completed and passed, which takes us from August  2018 into February/March of 2019.  Given this, Ramadan, closely follows in May of that year, May 5 through June 4, little to anything will get done from April to the end of Ramadan but this is not to say backroom dealings will go on like it has in the past. However, the GOI will be distracted with its new formation for the first month and the budget may get little to no attention until beginning September, pushing everything back. Seeing an RV before the implementation of the 2019 budget and successful completion of the 2016 SBA is a non-sequitur, meaning it does not logically follow given the history and past experiences of the GOI.

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, Theseus said:

3% chance is better than a 0% chance, wouldn't you agree?

As far as "the huge collective balloon of anticipation" I have stated as much going back to when the SBA of 2016 first appeared on radar and have been lambasted for saying such. I have held firmly to this conjecture that the RV will not happen without the IMF's blessing and the successful completion of the SBA of 2016. What Iraq has been working on, has achieved and continues to work on is based on the SBA 2016 and the suggestions of each subsequent review. Each review is first a review of the benchmarks previously set up and then suggestions going forth. The CBI has not met all of the benchmarks and has had those that were missed waived. I do not see July 19, 2019 as an RV date but as the opening of the window for the best chance, Iraq has to RV after such date. So it could be 2023 before an RV or it could be 2019 before an RV. I am saying that the chance will be greatly increased once the IMF signs off on a successful completion of the SBA of 2016. Could it happen before then? Sure. But the saying goes there is a slim chance in hell that it will. Why? Once the GOI is officially seated, then it becomes the budget season for the formation of Iraq's Budget of 2019.  Historically, very little major legislation has been passed during this period. Based on a history of the GOI, the budget will need to be completed and passed, which takes us from August  2018 into February/March of 2019.  Given this, Ramadan, closely follows in May of that year, May 5 through June 4, little to anything will get done from April to the end of Ramadan but this is not to say backroom dealings will go on like it has in the past. However, the GOI will be distracted with its new formation for the first month and the budget may get little to no attention until beginning September, pushing everything back. Seeing an RV before the implementation of the 2019 budget and successful completion of the 2016 SBA is a non-sequitur, meaning it does not logically follow given the history and past experiences of the GOI.

Your ok. I was the one who thanked you on the first post, cause I understand what you are saying. Totally.

The IMF has to release Iraq and the currency go International.

I see you following everything.

Edit: Thanked you again.

Edited by newbieDA
  • Upvote 1