Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Away from the protests .. Iraqis are waiting to activate the law of the National Oil Company in September

keylime

10 hours ago, "Fred" said:

Nothing against you or the Bahamas but the only thing we do with conchs around here is put it on the end of a fishing hook. Someday try fresh bay scallops wrapped in bacon, they have to be bay scallops and not sea scallops and they will melt in your mouth. 😉

Until you put a fresh conch that has just been diced up with all the fixins for a refreshing powerful conch salad, you haven't had one of the most tongue tingling, mouth smackin' good eatin' experience in your life yet.  :)

I'm willing to try anything that has walked or crawled or swam or flew at one time or another...LOL!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, "Fred" said:

I haven’t been to publix in years but up north the seafood goes from the ocean to the fish market to your dinner plate not frozen and shipped around the country. I know in Naples Florida there’s a couple New England seafood restaurants , Bills is one of them on 41 headed towards Marco island,that have there seafood expedited over night but as far as bay scallops, we only catch them once a year around October and November when the season opens. 😉

Oh, okay.

Thanks, Fred.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, mr.unlikely said:

Hey fresh road apples wrapped in bacon would be pretty good. Pretty much anything wrapped in bacon gets two thumbs up👍👍

Fresh figs stuffed with goat cheese, wrapped in proscuitto and then thrown on the grill until crispy. Drizzle with honey and it's heaven!!! Sorry, y'all made me hungry...LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, happygilmores said:

You are entitled to believe what you want. No harm no foul.

It's not what I believe it's  a matter of record.  Iraq's annual oil revenue is approx  $100B dollars.  It varies with the price of oil of course but it's in that neighborhood.  It's not $100B dinar.  That's nothing.

• Confused 1

On 8/2/2018 at 11:33 AM, happygilmores said:

I just don't see how 10 percent of the current oil revenues spread out to 37.2 million Iraqis is going to make any real difference. But what do I know!

Oky first the article talks aboutt a funding account to be setup six months after the signing of the law. Second, just becuse the account gets ten percent of revenues does not mean that is what the Irqis receive  on a whole. Lastly, the fund is what the Irqis get paid from but no where in the article does it state when they will get paid. This Iraq dont assume they will get but anytime soon.

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, pokerplayer said:

Parliamentarians and economists and the Iraqi street are expected to sign on September 5, the date of announcing the activation of the law of the National Oil Company, which set 10 percent of the sales of oil to put in special funds for distribution to the Iraqis.

I really hope this is what we have been waiting for !!  :crossedfingers:

pp

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, CSM (R) Thackrey said:

Throw my vote for “PRE”👍!

If it don’t happen lickity split pretty damn fast when/if ( still cautiously optimistic ) pre/post this ( hoping ) Sept. 5 signing, I’m gonna be “ Throwing “ UP. 🤮

Put me down for “ PRE “ 👌

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2