Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Gov't spokesman: Iraq needs $80 billion for reconstruction

Pitcher

Gov't spokesman: Iraq needs $80 billion for reconstruction

Spokesman for Cabinet Saad Al-Hedethy said Monday that Iraq needs $80 billion forreconstruction and rehabilitation of liberated areas from ISIS.

Hedethy underlined that the sum of money is also needed to provide services to other cities, which ISIS did not enter, but as a result of the current economic crisis the government lacks the funds.

Iraqi cities are bearing the brunt of ISIS terror. Explosions, suicide bombings and assassinations are a commonplace. Many civilians and police and army personnel die in the aftermath of this violence.

https://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/Story/30610/Gov-t-spokesman-Iraq-needs-80-billion-for-reconstruction

• Upvote 3

Pitcher i really enjoy your post,but this time i believe this is old news. We've 

heard this figure months ago. Maybe Abadi is bringing this back up to let Iran

and Turkey know he is not going to help them during the US sanctions. They

together couldn't raise 80 billion because they gave too much money to sponsor 

terrorism groups around the ME area.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

thanks pitch for the articles  ,, and yup back in feb. they had the "fund raiser" in kuwait , they raised or had about 30 billion pledged,  iraq claimed then they needed around 80 billion to rebuild from malikis buddies and the destruction that ensued to rid the country of those terrorist  .. cheers 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-iraq-reconstruction-ku/allies-promise-iraq-30-billion-falling-short-of-baghdads-appeal-idUSKCN1FY0TX

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Yes Donziman you are correct.  I posted it again because it was in the Post and because I found it a bit comical that every now and then they send someone out to say they need money.  They could drain the corrupt politicians bank accounts and probably get double that amount.  Maliki alone is stated to be worth 50 b. That is unbelievable, what a thief.  

I say no more money until they clean house of their crooked politicians and get their money some real value.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

56 minutes ago, 3n1 said:

thanks pitch for the articles  ,, and yup back in feb. they had the "fund raiser" in kuwait , they raised or had about 30 billion pledged

3 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

hey could drain the corrupt politicians bank accounts and probably get double that amount.  Maliki alone is stated to be worth 50 b. That is unbelievable, what a thief.  

There’s your 80 billion!!! 😎

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

I would tell them I need about 10 m dollars for my Dinar.  We have invested, and waited patiently. 

Absolutely Pitcher!  We invested in good faith 😀 and we need reconstruction money for our

new and improved lives. :D

• Upvote 4

If I received what I think I should get I would be interested in investing some more in Iraq.  I don’t think I would be the only one. They need investors for all kinds of reconstruction and services.  It’s not helping when a majority of the news articles are on ISIS, corrupt politicians, and protests against the government because of NO electricity and lack of jobs.  

The politicians have the oil money to get that country back on its feet but their politicians are more interested in helping themselves, Maliki net worth 50b.  Outrageous.  I can’t believe the people don’t go after that crooked *********

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

:bravo:  :tiphat::bananacamel:When they pull the trigger, I'm gonna raise me a whole dang herd of these here HORSELS or CAMORSES . . . or whatever the HELL it is. I don't care what ya call it, I'M DOING IT ! 

dromequine ... its the latest in exotics , u still got time to get in, still in the breeder market phase  ... :twothumbs:  

• Haha 2