Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Insider SELLING Rampant in 2018!

bostonangler

Too funny... Who are you going to neg when you finally realize that companies are buying back stock with debt, and their executives are selling? It's something people need to understand. The markets are being propped up while the one percenters cash out. Then the bottom drops out leaving the mess to bag holders... Here is another one for you. The Rothschilds are dumping their holdings in U.S. companies.  I think they may be just a little bit ahead of the curve, considering the are the ones who draw the curve... GLTA

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

There are far more variables then you seem willing to accept. There is going to be no market crash, no matter how much liberal CEOs want to make it happen. All I've got to say to you is, "I have a way to pay for the war".

I'm not sure what you mean by variables... But insider selling is an indicator of change. Buying back stock on margin by the company is buying on debt which falsely props up the stock price. These two things added together, stock buy backs with debt and the CEOs selling are not positive signs...  This is not a political thing it is an economic thing. So you don't need to make it such.

JMHO

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, bostonangler said:

I'm not sure what you mean by variables... But insider selling is an indicator of change. Buying back stock on margin by the company is buying on debt which falsely props up the stock price. These two things added together, stock buy backs with debt and the CEOs selling are not positive signs...  This is not a political thing it is an economic thing. So you don't need to make it such.

JMHO

B/A

And I could easily say to you, stop pretending you didn't intend your post as a political hitjob on Trumps economy.  Insider trading is also highly illegal. ESPECIALLY when done with malicious intent. So you might wanna call your insane liberal CEOs and let them know that they will go to prison. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

And I could easily say to you, stop pretending you didn't intend your post as a political hitjob on Trumps economy.  Insider trading is also highly illegal. ESPECIALLY when done with malicious intent. So you might wanna call your insane liberal CEOs and let them know that they will go to prison. 

Insider selling is not the same as insider trading... Executives can sell their stocks at anytime unless there is news pending that could affect the share price. These guys are profit taking before the markets go down. Unlike retail investors who follow market swings, these guys know the swings that are coming. So the fact executives are selling is an indicator. The other fact, that  most of the share buy backs are being done on margin, means companies are using loans (debt) to buy shares to keep share prices high... We can all buy stocks on margin, which is a loan, and when your margin call comes that means you have to pay the loan back. You or I might buy a thousand shares on margin and pay back the loan when our margin call comes, but these companies are buying millions of shares at hundreds of million of dollars which they will be hard pressed to pay back the loan (margin call) when the time comes.. 

As for insane liberal CEOs, most of the public traded companies are run by people who lean to the right, so I'm not sure why you said that. And my post was strictly an economic post and not political. The fact you are trying to make it political by saying I was committing (a hit job) on Trump's economy, only shows me that you are beginning to feel doubt. Or at least starting to understand the "hit job" being done on Americans by our government and their corporate welfare policies.

B/A

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:44 AM, md11fr8dawg said:

When CEO's and insiders start selling that almost always is a bad sign for the market. Good point BA. You can be Damn sure these greedy A-Holes are not about to lose any of their money.

"Greedy A-Holes"???? or is just good business practice?  I got to be honest I'm a greedy a-hole when it comes to MY money and investments....common sense. Haters ALWAYS will Hate for some reason

• Thanks 1

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:50 PM, bostonangler said:

Insider selling is not the same as insider trading... Executives can sell their stocks at anytime unless there is news pending that could affect the share price. These guys are profit taking before the markets go down. Unlike retail investors who follow market swings, these guys know the swings that are coming. So the fact executives are selling is an indicator. The other fact, that  most of the share buy backs are being done on margin, means companies are using loans (debt) to buy shares to keep share prices high... We can all buy stocks on margin, which is a loan, and when your margin call comes that means you have to pay the loan back. You or I might buy a thousand shares on margin and pay back the loan when our margin call comes, but these companies are buying millions of shares at hundreds of million of dollars which they will be hard pressed to pay back the loan (margin call) when the time comes.. 

As for insane liberal CEOs, most of the public traded companies are run by people who lean to the right, so I'm not sure why you said that. And my post was strictly an economic post and not political. The fact you are trying to make it political by saying I was committing (a hit job) on Trump's economy, only shows me that you are beginning to feel doubt. Or at least starting to understand the "hit job" being done on Americans by our government and their corporate welfare policies.

B/A

BA...I think LGD was basing his response on your history of Anti-Trump posts....which by the way is bigger than the Library of Congress

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, caz1104 said:

BA...I think LGD was basing his response on your history of Anti-Trump posts....which by the way is bigger than the Library of Congress

Making excuses doesn't make it true.... The Snowman attacks anyone he remotely disagrees with... This is purely an economic thread discussing stock sales by executives and what it could possibly mean. That's it no more. If you've read my posts on threads besides the politic topic page, you would see investing is a big hobby for me and I follow market information closely and try to share with others here who are interested in investing.

You, I and many others disagree on things, but we don't go back and find every post someone has made and give it a ruby, like it would make some real difference.. We usually just speak our mind and move on, but he goes on the attack... It accomplishes nothing but to serve his ego I guess. I don't think most of us worry about the number or plus or minus counts next to the number of posts listed with our name... I think he does believe it matters... At least for him.

B/A 

• Downvote 3

• 4 months later...

Boy, those tax cuts and buy back sure helped our economy... I truly hope folks booked their profits in their investments from 9 years of prosperity... When their investment statements come out there are going to be some folks shocked by the effects of our new economic policies... Corporate welfare and increased debt... Can you imagine, those multinationals didn't invest in people, research or jobs? Nope they just bought back their shares while the executives were selling. That's genius!

B/A

• Downvote 4

Not true BA, you are too general in your statement to meet your Democratic Party agenda needs.  

Yes many companies have bought back shares it’s a prudent thing to do as a business. Your responsibilitiy as a company is to grow your earnings and benefit your shareholders.  It’s called Capitalism.  

I could throw out a list of 40-50 multinational companies that have invested that money saved on their taxes to improve their factories and invest in research and give out raises.  If you read the earnings reports like I do almost daily you would have known that.  The tax cuts were way over due as America had some of the highest Tax rates of any industrialized nation. You cannot  tax companies to the point they can’t compete and then complain there are NO jobs.   Think about it man, put down the leftist propaganda big corporations are terrible and use your own brain.   If you want a 3rd world nation just keep demonizing big companies.  They will just move overseas and you will have a tough time finding a job.  Ask Barry, under his Administration more corporations left or incorporated overseas than any other President in our nations history.  

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Pitcher said:

Not true BA, you are too general in your statement to meet your Democratic Party agenda needs.  

Yes many companies have bought back shares it’s a prudent thing to do as a business. Your responsibilitiy as a company is to grow your earnings and benefit your shareholders.  It’s called Capitalism.  

I could throw out a list of 40-50 multinational companies that have invested that money saved on their taxes to improve their factories and invest in research and give out raises.  If you read the earnings reports like I do almost daily you would have known that.  The tax cuts were way over due as America had some of the highest Tax rates of any industrialized nation. You cannot  tax companies to the point they can’t compete and then complain there are NO jobs.   Think about it man, put down the leftist propaganda big corporations are terrible and use your own brain.   If you want a 3rd world nation just keep demonizing big companies.  They will just move overseas and you will have a tough time finding a job.  Ask Barry, under his Administration more corporations left or incorporated overseas than any other President in our nations history.  

I disagree Pitcher. While corporations were buying back stock to keep prices high, insiders were selling their shares at those highs and taking big profits. The next round of earnings is going to look pretty bad post tax relief. Those who just sold at record highs will be buying back in at the new lows, as we should all do. But many mom and pop investors will not be ready to buy after getting led to slaughter. Wash, rinse repeat.

What's is sad is that people neg me for trying to make them understand the cycle of wall street and how they get rich taking money from retail investors...

B/A

Edited by bostonangler

I think I understand the cycles of Wall Street Street just fine. While some of what you say I agree with ( and I gave you a greenie) your posts are written with too wide a brush.  Not all corporations are doing what you claim and not all corporations are bad. If you want to blame someone for the big boom bust cylcles of the last 25 years you can start with the Fed and their monetary policies.  

7 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

I think I understand the cycles of Wall Street Street just fine. While some of what you say I agree with ( and I gave you a greenie) your posts are written with too wide a brush.  Not all corporations are doing what you claim and not all corporations are bad. If you want to blame someone for the big boom bust cylcles of the last 25 years you can start with the Fed and their monetary policies.  

I know not all companies are doing and I completely know you understand the cycles... It was the mom and pop investors who become the bag holders...

B/A

2018’s Record in Stock Buybacks Could Be Shattered in 2019

It’s been raining stock buybacks on Wall Street this year, and the outlook appears to be for another downpour in 2019.

Buybacks appear to be nearing a crescendo, with total U.S. stock repurchase announcements crossing the $1 trillion mark in mid-December for the first time, according to Michael Schoonover, the portfolio manager of the Catalyst Buyback Strategy fund (BUYIX). “There’s been a significant pickup in recent weeks,” with markets in a downdraft, he adds

https://www.barrons.com/articles/2018-record-stock-buybacks-51545361596?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

This is a subscription site, so I don't have the whole story.

B/A

Maybe mom and pop investors should learn the ebb and flows of the market instead of watching SNL and all the other dribble on TV.   

I get tired of listening to the Democrats demonizing companies on the one hand and then using them to get their legislative agenda passed on the other hand. Like Obamacare and how the Dems rammed that sorry piece of legislation down our throats all while allowing big Pharma, big Hospital Groups like United Healthcare, and doctors to rip off the American people and our economy.  

No offense BA, but you and your Democratic sellouts can go stuff it on the demonization of big corporations and corporate welfare storyline. Companies pay there taxes unlike 90% of the Democratic base that dont work, and don’t pay taxes.  Democrats should be ashamed of themselves for not having any policies that will grow our economy.  

8 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Maybe mom and pop investors should learn the ebb and flows of the market instead of watching SNL and all the other dribble on TV.   

I get tired of listening to the Democrats demonizing companies on the one hand and then using them to get their legislative agenda passed on the other hand. Like Obamacare and how the Dems rammed that sorry piece of legislation down our throats all while allowing big Pharma, big Hospital Groups like United Healthcare, and doctors to rip off the American people and our economy.  

No offense BA, but you and your Democratic sellouts can go stuff it on the demonization of big corporations and corporate welfare storyline. Companies pay there taxes unlike 90% of the Democratic base that dont work, and don’t pay taxes.  Democrats should be ashamed of themselves for not having any policies that will grow our economy.  

I think your 90% may be a bit high. When America was truly great, in the 50's and 60's corporations had tax rates around 60%. Of course tax rates including the 35% most recently lowered were never really true because of deductions and depreciation. You know most corporations pay far less than the stated rate. Heck, I bet you take the breaks given for depreciation and deductions allowed. We all do in an attempt to reduce our tax bill. So the boogieman politicians scare us with is just that a boogieman. You know politicians use scare tactics to get what they want. 

B/A

You are a smart person BA, you don’t have to use the demonization of Corporate America storyline is my only point.  It’s too general like me using 90 % of the Democratic base is non working. I did that on purpose to show you broad generalizations and stereotypes are good for campaign speeches but are rarely very accurate.  

22 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

You are a smart person BA, you don’t have to use the demonization of Corporate America storyline is my only point.  It’s too general like me using 90 % of the Democratic base is non working. I did that on purpose to show you broad generalizations and stereotypes are good for campaign speeches but are rarely very accurate.  

Thanks Pitcher... I know we don't agree on politics and that is fine. In fact I think I read a post where you basically said both parties are corrupt. If I'm correct in that recollection then we totally agree on that. You seem bent on calling me a democrat, but I have stated many times I don't support a party. In fact, I voted for a republican governor in November. I vote the person not the party. 

As for calling out any corporation or person for manipulating markets, well, again I think we should all call a spade a spade. I admit I do get too general at times, but the truth remains the truth. And the truth is reinvestment in buildings, workforce and other things like infrastructure that were expected has trailed the buy backs by trillions of dollars. And as a trader you know most stocks are overvalued and the buy backs kept the prices high while insiders were selling. And my statement about those who sold at the top will be buying back in when this correction settles is also the truth. I only started this thread in an effort to show people they should be booking their profits and protecting their future. Like you, I have cash on the side waiting to jump back in...

B/A