Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Delta

6ly410

56 minutes ago, hspotman said:

Ditto.....

I don't think it will have any baring on the currency we all hold........As I understand it these Marked Notes are more for Comparison and Verifying the Exchanged Notes are Real and not Counterfeit. 

We all know how to tell a real USD and all the markings and Security Features but who would have a clue of how the Verify a 10K or 25K IQD is say Logan, Utah (closest Foreign Currency Exchange to me).

Just my thoughts.

Karsten

Edited by Karsten
  • Upvote 7

11 hours ago, 6ly410 said:

SPECIMEN BANKNOTES

Purpose

• Printed to familiarize various parties (foreign central banks, commercial banks, law enforcement agencies) with the newly issued currency.

Yes, except that our dinar is not "newly issued".  They are doing this so banks will know our dinars are not counterfeit when we exchange.  😀

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

And the ministry of finance currency converter is still down and has been for over a month 

That And The Ministry Of Redundancy Ministry Is Still Showing The Same Stupid Damn Worthless Rate It’s Had For Years ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

• Haha 6

"specimen banknotes are printed in less limited quantities distributed to commercial banks, or even to commercial enterprises and the public at large in order to familiarize users about new designs."

In order to familiarize users about new designs

Lower denomination notes with new design are coming soon.!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 6

8 hours ago, Botzwana said:
  On 8/7/2018 at 1:22 PM, DWS112 said:

30 trillion dinars in circulation according to this article. That's 3 times more than the 10 trillion US dollars worldwide!

Even selling all of their proven 150 billion barrels oil at $100/barrel is only 15 trillion. My math may be off, and this does not paint a rosy picture.  😕      

Read more  

When they had 40 trillion dinars in circulation (I guess that was before they started bringing them in), I remember them saying "40 trillion would become 40 Billion".

I'm thinking the only way to do that would be to take 3 zeros off the currency, as they keep saying they will do.

I'm thinking that, at that point, they will distribute the lower denoms and raise the exchange rate to 10 cents.  This is how I see it, and it's only my opinion.}}

So you didn´t write the above describing a lop?  Oh...I must have had my floridian´s confused with other floridians...

Maybe you don't fully understand the concept.  I'll explain. 

If they take 3 zeros off the currency and give you nothing in return - Yes, that is a LOP.

I believe they will take 3 zeros off the currency (not off the nominal rate, like Tlar) AND THEN raise the exchange rate to 10 cents.

Again, if they give you NOTHING, that's a LOP.

If they give you 10 cents, that's an RV.

Now, I really, really wish they would give us $1.00 or more as an RV, that would be fabulous and I would be so happy to be wrong in my thinking.

But, I happen to think it will be 10 cents and after waiting all these years, I will be happy with that, too.

Got it??????????

And now, PLEASE, go away and leave me alone.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

Well that is NOT good news if you actually believe that.  Your 25,000 becomes 25.  Then it is only raised to .10.  You will actually lose money than what you paid for it.  WHY do you think that is outstanding is beyond me.  You would  be happy losing money?  I dont get it.  

Yes, unfortunately, it's true.  You just don't get it.

One more time - If, in Iraq, they drop the zeros on their money, the people have to trade in their triple zero money for the "new" lower denoms.

They now have money like most other countries, without all the zeros on them.

However, WE (us, you and me, and other dinar holders) still have the money with the zeros on them.

Iraq now raises the exchange rate to 10 cents.

Now, suppose you have 1,000,000 dinar and you paid $1,000 for it (as an example).

1,000,000 dinar x 10 cents = $100,000.

You would get $100,000 per million dinar.

This is how I think it will happen.

I am not absolutely positive about it. 

It's only what I THINK will happen.

You seem to want to crucify me for what I think.

I find it amusing that Adam thinks we will get 10 cents also, but you don't seem to want to give him a hard time about it.

I don't understand that at all but, be that as it may, I'm getting a little tired of explaining what I think would happen.

If you think you will get $1.00, $2.00, or $3.00, I think that's great.  I hope you are right.  More money for all of us.

I don't know what else I can say.

Again, this is only what I think will happen.

No one knows for sure until it happens.

You are free to think what you want.

Let me think what I want.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

Dude....so you say yes unfortuntely it is true.  That you will be happy losing money with a lop... THEN you say in the next sentence only Iraq will lop.  THEN you say we will make money.  You are all over the board.  So Iraq will lop in country but um, not us because we are out of country....I cannot wait to see next week when a guru you like says something else and you flip flop again to another point of view.

And no, Adam never said it would lop like you have multiple times in the past.  Only that it would be .10.

Iraq has NEVER EVER ONCE not ever stated it would be .10.  They HAVE however said this in um, print..

An invitation to support system' target='_blank' style=" rel="">support system" rel="">support the dinar and the strengthening of its purchasing power

3/1/2017

BAGHDAD / Mustafa Hashimi

strengthening of the local currency is a national task they represent thesovereignty ofIraq and preservation of state stimuli represents a great responsibility lies with therelevant authorities in the light of a series of challenges taking place in the country.

Economic academic Dr. Essam Mahouelle called to be 2017 years to strengthen the dinar 's purchasing power and strengthens confidence in the national currency , which represents the sovereignty of Iraq, noting at the same time the need to restrict foreign business dealings only in dollars.

And ways to revive the dinar and upgrade more than its value saw Mahouelle in an interview {Sabah »necessity of things , management of the country economic mentality and purely look long - term, along with the importance Quote economic experiences of states have passed similar circumstances to what Iraq is going through, as well as the reduction of trading the dollar in commercial transactions Interior to support system' target='_blank' style=" rel="">support system" rel="">support the national currency.

Mahouelle be regulated by the Central Bank and coordination with economic authorities and relevant ministries confirmed role in enhancing the value of the dinar by preventing the circulation of foreign currency in the local commerce for any reason whatsoever and counted only in foreign trade, indicating the importance that civil and government banks take measures that will strengthen the dealing in Iraqi dinar .

It is said that the sale price of the dollar on Monday amounted to 1310 dinars, ie 131 000 dinars, for a hundred dollars, while the total purchase price in 1300 dinars, ie 130 000 dinars, for a hundred dollars.

Mahouelle said that the decline in the value of the dinar against the dollar, in fact, began the war with Iran and the invasion of Kuwait, stressing that the policies of the former regime burned all the hopes of Iraqi economists to amend the path of the local economic situation and guide the country 's resources towards development.

He said, since the nineties of the last century and the days of international sanctions and the dollar dominates the local market transactions away from the dinar as a result of faulty economic policies pursued by the former regime.

He pointed out that when the prices of imported goods began to rise, Iraqis felt that the old price of the dinar against the dollar has fallen so much and began to think of what has become and find solutions to them.

The dollar exchange rate against the dinar has fluctuated between ascending and descending was reported in the nineties about 4000 dinars to the dollar, while the price has seen a gradual decline after 2003 to continue to decline to 1,200 dinars to the dollar in the last ten years, while he returned to rise again after the adoption of the budget in 2015 and forcing the Central Bank identifies sales of foreign currency in accordance with Article 50 of that year 's budget law.

Mahouelle explained that the International Monetary Fund and the post - World War II division of the world 's currencies to be and are non-transferable and was part of the Iraqi dinar currency is convertible.

He said the convertible currencies suitable for international settlements (ie to settle payments in foreign trade of the countries), has been preparing a list of those currencies represented currencies the victors in World War II, and did not include the Soviet bloc currencies at the time because of the approach is capitalist in the conduct of its economy and the economies of countries that fall under its control.

He said either the Iraqi currency was within the currency is convertible which can not be used for international settlements , but turning it into another currency, or to the dollar (Oogerh), and goes to Iraq to be paid the proceeds of the sale of oil to the US dollar and that the equivalent of the dinar to $ 3.32.

Notice the part in blue?  WHERE OH WHERE is the .10 cents?  Now I know my glasses are dirty but it clearly frickin says to me $3.32  but hey....

But hey....How about calling a truce?

You will not convince me with an article and I will not convince you.

We've seen tons of articles over the years saying different things, and people pick and chose the ones they like - just as you have done.

Whaddaya say?  Truce?

Because I'm tired of arguing and I'm over it.

It will be what it will be.

And my condolences to "wifey".  She must be a gem to put up with you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

@Botzwana @Floridian  For the rest of us here reading these threads, please find a way to get along.  If that means not responding to each other's post, or just ignoring one another, that will work.  Consider the source of the post you are reading then move on.  Otherwise you'll force me to put you into timeout.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

12 hours ago, Botzwana said:
  On 8/7/2018 at 1:22 PM, DWS112 said:

30 trillion dinars in circulation according to this article. That's 3 times more than the 10 trillion US dollars worldwide!

Even selling all of their proven 150 billion barrels oil at $100/barrel is only 15 trillion. My math may be off, and this does not paint a rosy picture.  😕      

Read more  

When they had 40 trillion dinars in circulation (I guess that was before they started bringing them in), I remember them saying "40 trillion would become 40 Billion".

I'm thinking the only way to do that would be to take 3 zeros off the currency, as they keep saying they will do.

I'm thinking that, at that point, they will distribute the lower denoms and raise the exchange rate to 10 cents.  This is how I see it, and it's only my opinion.}}

So you didn´t write the above describing a lop?  Oh...I must have had my floridian´s confused with other floridians...

I hope you are right! Because Artitech will be watching his cows eat!! Up on the Old Chisholm Trail! Drinking red & vodka!!

17 hours ago, Floridian said:

I NEVER believed in a lop.  I believe the RV will be 10cents, just like Adam.

Get your facts straight.  Or better yet, go bother somebody else.

17 hours ago, Botzwana said:

So wait...last week you believed in a lop and .10 cents.  This week it sounds like the reverse again.

Well According To Mailman Ur Both Wrong ! ;) 

And Forget About The Mere Threats Of Time Outs From Mod’s - If U Try Any Of Ur Whiney Bickering Crap With Him He’ll Go Postal ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

8-12-2018   Newshound Guru Mailman17   

THE AMOUNT OF INVESTMENT IN IRAQ HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE VALUE RAISING.

THEY ARE NOT GONNA START AT 1190, WITH THE PREMISE THAT LOWER DENOMS WILL COME OUT AS NEEDED

IF THAT WERE THE CASE NO ONE INSIDE IRAQ WOULD TRADE THEIR DINAR IN OR PUT IT IN BANKS OR INVEST IN THE ISX LET ALONE US AT HOME.  

A FLOAT IS IN NO WAY AN OPTION ESPECIALLY WITH ITS EFFECT ON SHARES IN THE ISX. 

INVESTMENT WILL COME WHEN THE DINAR COMES OUT AT A STABLE RATE LIKE 1-1 AS PROMISED BY SHABBIBI AND THEN A MANAGED FLOAT TO MAINTAIN INFLATION. 

ITS COMING. 

THEY HAVE TIPPED THEIR HAND WITH TOO MUCH INFO COMING FROM THE CBI.  

A FLOAT FROM 1190 IS NOT AN OPTION. JMHO

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 7

8-11-2018   Newshound Guru sandyf    

Only dinarland would make an issue out of the word "SPECIMEN",

wouldn't cross their mind that it may have something to do with standards on the reproduction of banknote images

Quotes: "Every country has legal restrictions on the reproduction of banknote images.

The counterfeiting of currency is a crime,

and while restrictions vary from country to country,

in some countries,

any reproduction of banknote images – even for artistic or advertising uses – is strictly forbidden.

Even in countries that allow some limited use of  banknote images, there are specific rules and requirements..." 

"...Reproductions shall be depicted proportionally and the image shall be larger or smaller than a genuine banknote.  

Reproductions shall contain the word "SPECIMEN" in bold lettering diagonally across the image."