Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

DWS112

A billion may become an alpha .. What does it mean to delete countries zeros of their currency?

58 minutes ago, Floridian said:

I agree with Hspotman and DWS112.  Iraq has said over and over again that they will remove 3 zeros "from the currency".

I also agree with Adam that we are going to get 10 cents.

I think this will all happen January 1, 2019.

But then again, this is just my opinion, so who really knows?

I've heard this as well but I also heard that this was to occur inside Iraq only (if this is at all possible) and would not effect notes held by us.

4 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

On 1/2/2017 at 7:09 PM, DinarThug said:

He said either the Iraqi currency was within the currency is convertible which can not be used for international settlements , but turning it into another currency, or to the dollar (Oogerh), and goes to Iraq to be paid the proceeds of the sale of oil to the US dollar and that the equivalent of the dinar to $ 3.32.

I still like this article saying it would be worth over $3.

Just has to go International for us to even know what the "delete the zero's" project is, but we do know Iraq and Valenzuela are not the same at all totally.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, newbieDA said:

Just has to go International for us to even know what the "delete the zero's" project is, but we do know Iraq and Valenzuela are not the same at all totally.

Either way we are probably close to finding out the truth of this one day.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Botzwana said:

I do not know when or a rate, you just hear me say "wait for it too go International" every time. That is all I care about anymore.

I follow the path the best I can everyday, with everyone's help too. The progress made by Iraq is staggering lately, I see a lot lined up, and this is why I am being patient.

Time will tell, but a lot is lining up.

• Upvote 3

Iraq 

inflation 2%

foreign currency reserves $55.7 billion dollars 

Venezuela

inflation 88,714 %

foreign currency reserves $9.4 billion dollars 

Can you see the difference?

Venezuela is going to RD or LOP

Iraq is going to increase the dinar exchange rate or RV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 10

Hey see ya at godlike newbieDA!  We will ride this horse together!

.First let's talk about internal rates......What dinarians call internal rate is really purchasing power. Think about it. The value of the dollar changes every minute of the day. Does it change for you? No! A Dollar is still a dollar. The note does not change in your pocket. What changes is how much you can buy with it. Today you may be able to buy a tomato for $1 and tomorrow it may cost $1.25. That is a decrease in purchasing power. In Iraq, they will need to adjust the internal purchasing power from where it costs Pre-RV 5,000 IQD for a loaf of bread to where it may cost them something less, maybe 5 dinars??? or 10?? That is how the internal Iraqi's become rich. They may have 100,000 dinar one day that will now buy them 1000 times as much as the day before. You ask the question, how does that happen? The vendors will have to bite off the fact that they paid X for the raw materials to make their widget and now it will fetch 1000 times less when the rate is changed. There will have to be concessions on this issue when it first happens but afterwards, the vendors will buy the new raw materials for the new decreased price......That's what happens internal.

now lets talk external rates...... no matter where you go around the world, a Dollar is a Dollar and a Euro is a Euro. The Central bank sets this rate and it flows worldwide to all central banks. This is NO different than any other country. Today, if I bought a Euro currency from my bank, they look up on the federal reserve (Our US Central Bank) exchange rate list to find out what it would cost to exchange US Dollar to Euro. They tell me to buy 1000 Euro's it would cost me the exchange rate plus a fee to do the exchange. So maybe it's $1300 including fees. This same process will happen with the IQD, Once it is an internationally exchanged currency. Today it's not. Most banks will NOT exchange it. Once they work out the International acceptance, they will be listed and exchanged worldwide. A rate will be set for the IQD and that is what we will get for our Dinar. Period. If they make the IQD worth $,86 each, when we go to our bank with a 25K IQD, they will give us $21,500 for it.......MINUS the EXCHANGE Fee. That fee could be 10-30%. So we might only get $15,050 for that note. Dont forget to pay taxes!!! Lol

The architect of the process, Dr. Shabibi said that the IQD will be legal tender for up to two years. Granted he is no longer involved but we wait and we see.

The internal rate requires lower denoms to put that purchasing power in place. The external does not.

What is the bank doing with a remittance??? ANY TIME a bank or credit card company changes from one currency to another, you deal with the external exchange rate. They change the rate based on the current exchange rate and then add the exchanged currency in your account. Even inside Iraq, when they get paid in IQD and they go to a money changer, they use the external rate to get USD. The reason they do it is they perceive that the USD is worth more. Once they adjust the rate, they won't need to do that

another factor is their import vs export record. They import mostly for Everything but oil. Oil is don't on petrol dollars so that's already 1:1. Everything else is imported. They want their exchange rate higher so they don't pay as much for imported goods. And again, ministry of planning said they can easily afford 1:1 several years back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 10

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:09 AM, Freedomwish said:

We're soooooo gonna' be great drinking buddies with Pitcher, DThug and President elect Davis and PP hahahahahaha :lol::cheesehead:

Looking forward to it FW

pp

• Like 1

30 trillion dinars in circulation according to this article. That's 3 times more than the 10 trillion US dollars worldwide!

Even selling all of their proven 150 billion barrels oil at $100/barrel is only 15 trillion. My math may be off, and this does not paint a rosy picture.  😕      

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DWS112 said:

30 trillion dinars in circulation according to this article. That's 3 times more than the 10 trillion US dollars worldwide!

Even selling all of their proven 150 billion barrels oil at $100/barrel is only 15 trillion. My math may be off, and this does not paint a rosy picture.  😕      

When they had 40 trillion dinars in circulation (I guess that was before they started bringing them in), I remember them saying "40 trillion would become 40 Billion".

I'm thinking the only way to do that would be to take 3 zeros off the currency, as they keep saying they will do.

I'm thinking that, at that point, they will distribute the lower denoms and raise the exchange rate to 10 cents.  This is how I see it, and it's only my opinion.

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, DWS112 said:

You mean...in all your years of being in this thing this is the first time you have seen this quantity talked about?  Hard to believe.

And floridian, we got it.  You have said 10 cents twice now today.

Edited by Botzwana
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

You mean...in all your years of being in this thing this is the first time you have seen this quantity talked about?  Hard to believe.

And floridian, we got it.  You have said 10 cents twice now today.

Why are you itching to fight with me?  

I didn't post anything in reply to you when you posted above "That is how the internal Iraqi's become rich".  I'm pretty sure you copied that post from someone like Tlar or another "thinker" because that entire post is way above your level of thinking.  However, I disagree that all Iraqis will become rich.  That is just plain ridiculous.  Have you every heard of an entire population becoming rich overnight?  That would be 39 million people, or thereabout.

And again, I ask that you please block me instead of answering any of my posts.  Your constant insults cause me to answer you in order to defend myself, when I really dislike you intensely because of your constant goading.

In case you don't know what "goading" means:

goad
ɡōd/
verb
gerund or present participle: goading
  1. 1. 
    provoke or annoy (someone) so as to stimulate some action or reaction.
    "he goaded her on to more daring revelations"
    synonyms: provoke, spur, prod, egg on, hound, badger, incite, rouse, stir, move, stimulate, motivate, prompt, induce, encourage, urge, inspire; More

2. 2. 
    drive or urge (an animal) on with a goad.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

23 minutes ago, DWS112 said:

How many are in country ? IF they RV say at one dollar the amount IN country would fall dramatically because of coin usage alone!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Laid Back said:

Iraq 

inflation 2%

foreign currency reserves $55.7 billion dollars 

Venezuela

inflation 88,714 %

foreign currency reserves $9.4 billion dollars 

Can you see the difference?

Venezuela is going to RD or LOP

Iraq is going to increase the dinar exchange rate or RV

Numbers don’t lie! But I have a feeling Iraq’s numbers are even better than what they’ve led us to believe on a different set of books

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Botzwana said:

Oh I've seen 30 trillion before, but it hasn't been surrounded by Venezuela, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Bolivia, and Romania before. There is one thing that keeps me going though...

How is Iraq going to prove to the world that their currency is not "toilet paper"?  I beleive they will do something. JMO

• Upvote 7

On 8/6/2018 at 1:29 PM, DinarThug said:

Luigi And Mnt Goat Are Also Hoping To Settle Down And Have More ‘Kids’ ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

Could you imagine what they would look like, and then trying to give them names

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Botzwana said:

I would have to agree.. We are probably closer to the end than in past years. Just would really like to see something major close. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

On 8/6/2018 at 10:29 AM, DinarThug said:

Luigi And Mnt Goat Are Also Hoping To Settle Down And Have More ‘Kids’ ! :o 

1 hour ago, siberian_shaddow said:

Could you imagine what they would look like, and then trying to give them names

‘Billy’ Goat If It’s A Boy - And ‘Billie’ If It’s A Girl ! ;) 

Or ‘Bruce’ If It’s A Little Of Both ! :o 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, DinarThug said:

‘Billy’ Goat If It’s A Boy - And ‘Billie’ If It’s A Girl ! ;) 

Or ‘Bruce’ If It’s A Little Of Both ! :o 

Just thought of one that pertains to this thread.....Billy Goad!  HAHA

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DinarThug said:

Frickin’ “Kids” These Days ...

Ya put them all in a play pen and let them have at it.  :jester:

SR

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Botzwana said: