Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A billion may become an alpha .. What does it mean to delete countries zeros of their currency?

DWS112

30 trillion dinars in circulation according to this article. That's 3 times more than the 10 trillion US dollars worldwide!

Even selling all of their proven 150 billion barrels oil at $100/barrel is only 15 trillion. My math may be off, and this does not paint a rosy picture.  😕      

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DWS112 said:

30 trillion dinars in circulation according to this article. That's 3 times more than the 10 trillion US dollars worldwide!

Even selling all of their proven 150 billion barrels oil at $100/barrel is only 15 trillion. My math may be off, and this does not paint a rosy picture.  😕      

When they had 40 trillion dinars in circulation (I guess that was before they started bringing them in), I remember them saying "40 trillion would become 40 Billion".

I'm thinking the only way to do that would be to take 3 zeros off the currency, as they keep saying they will do.

I'm thinking that, at that point, they will distribute the lower denoms and raise the exchange rate to 10 cents.  This is how I see it, and it's only my opinion.

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, Botzwana said:

You mean...in all your years of being in this thing this is the first time you have seen this quantity talked about?  Hard to believe.

And floridian, we got it.  You have said 10 cents twice now today.

Why are you itching to fight with me?  

I didn't post anything in reply to you when you posted above "That is how the internal Iraqi's become rich".  I'm pretty sure you copied that post from someone like Tlar or another "thinker" because that entire post is way above your level of thinking.  However, I disagree that all Iraqis will become rich.  That is just plain ridiculous.  Have you every heard of an entire population becoming rich overnight?  That would be 39 million people, or thereabout.

And again, I ask that you please block me instead of answering any of my posts.  Your constant insults cause me to answer you in order to defend myself, when I really dislike you intensely because of your constant goading.

In case you don't know what "goading" means:

goad
ɡōd/
verb
gerund or present participle: goading
  1. 1. 
    provoke or annoy (someone) so as to stimulate some action or reaction.
    "he goaded her on to more daring revelations"
    synonyms: provoke, spur, prod, egg on, hound, badger, incite, rouse, stir, move, stimulate, motivate, prompt, induce, encourage, urge, inspire; More

2. 2. 
    drive or urge (an animal) on with a goad.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

23 minutes ago, DWS112 said:

How many are in country ? IF they RV say at one dollar the amount IN country would fall dramatically because of coin usage alone!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Laid Back said:

Iraq 

inflation 2%

foreign currency reserves $55.7 billion dollars 

Venezuela

inflation 88,714 %

foreign currency reserves $9.4 billion dollars 

Can you see the difference?

Venezuela is going to RD or LOP

Iraq is going to increase the dinar exchange rate or RV

Numbers don’t lie! But I have a feeling Iraq’s numbers are even better than what they’ve led us to believe on a different set of books

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Botzwana said:

You mean...in all your years of being in this thing this is the first time you have seen this quantity talked about?  Hard to believe.

Oh I've seen 30 trillion before, but it hasn't been surrounded by Venezuela, Zimbabwe, Sudan, Bolivia, and Romania before. There is one thing that keeps me going though...

How is Iraq going to prove to the world that their currency is not "toilet paper"?  I beleive they will do something. JMO

• Upvote 7

On 8/6/2018 at 10:29 AM, DinarThug said:

Luigi And Mnt Goat Are Also Hoping To Settle Down And Have More ‘Kids’ ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

1 hour ago, siberian_shaddow said:

Could you imagine what they would look like, and then trying to give them names

‘Billy’ Goat If It’s A Boy - And ‘Billie’ If It’s A Girl ! ;) 

Or ‘Bruce’ If It’s A Little Of Both ! :o 

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, Floridian said:

I also agree with Adam that we are going to get 10 cents.

I think this will all happen January 1, 2019.

After reading this article, I have to agree with you, but it should be like 16 cents. Delete the zeros now,  would make .00084 = .84 cents.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Floridian said:
goad
ɡōdverb  1. provoke or annoy (someone) so as to stimulate some action or reaction.

That Sounds Exactly Like That Annoying Pumper From Bavaria  ‘Mnt Goad’ - Aka ‘Goat-Nad The Bavarian’ ! :o 

Vxwo4.gif

• Haha 4

An opinion from someone who may have seen this article?

8-13-2018   Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat    Anyway that this happens, we are told they must watch for inflation in this process, as a sudden adjustment in the value of the dinar could cause prices to sore [soar ?] or even not adjust past the larger 3 zero notes. The prices must come down and adjust. This will not be deflation but an adjustment to equal value within Iraq. For instance, a 25,000 note will be worth $25 at a 1:1. Then as the rate adjust on the FOREX float and rises for example to $3.00 USD, this same note can be worth $75 in Iraq. So you can see the increase in purchasing power at the marketplace. It is all relative and not a “lop” being performed but an “redenomination 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&nv=1&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=http://www.alsabaah.iq/ArticleShow.aspx%3FID%3D161612&xid=25657,15700022,15700122,15700124,15700149,15700168,15700186,15700190,15700201&usg=ALkJrhh_JQqXPCImJJFlKLLn5xG0CBJ5yQ.....Bank credit ratios...........Author: Mohamed Sherif Abu Maysam 

13/8/2018 12:00 am 

Credit rates in the banking sector are among the most important criteria of economic development accounts. The main function of the banking sector is to stimulate savings in order to attract the cash mass, increase the percentage of deposits and then circulate them by offering loans to the public to finance projects, large or small , In order to create sustainable development for the real sectors and sectors through the sustainability of credit granting, thus contributing to the sustainability of the rotation of the wheel of the macro economy. 
According to data from the Central Bank of Iraq, the cash mass issued amounts to about 40 trillion dinars, but the proportion of available in the arena of banking does not exceed 30 percent, while the mass of cash condensed about 70 percent of cash out, which means that only nine trillion, is In the arena of banking. 
Recently, the Central Bank of Iraq, revealed that 44 private banks did not contribute more than 10 percent of credit, and this ratio is very low compared to the rates of support received by private banks over the course of the fifteen years 
Past. 
Because the ratio of credit to deposits means that the credit granted does not exceed a certain percentage of deposits, which means that the financial institutions increase their deposits if they want to increase the proportion of banking facilities they provide, the contributions of private banks appear very low despite the initiative of the Central Bank regarding granting more than trillion and 200 thousand Billion dinars at a low interest rate to private banks in support of small projects 
And medium. 
Thus, these indicators appear to be inconsistent with the directions of the Association of Private Banks in support of the program of financial inclusion adopted by the Central Bank to withdraw the cash mass and then recycled by raising credit rates in order to stimulate the business market and then turn the economy towards real development contribute to macroeconomic output From the recession that has been going on for years.Private banks are called upon today, more than at any other time, to exercise their role in the financial coverage programs on the ground and outside the seminar halls, and to launch initiatives to open accounts for small age groups coupled with future incentives and for other age groups and sectors, , As long as these banks have made significant progress towards the introduction of banking technologies and payment systems through electronic payment services towards the achievement of financial inclusion and the creation of the community 
Cash. ...Thanks f26. .....I placed this here because this thread is discussing adjustments to either change the currency , the price of goods or both . To me this article speaks of a change of note amounts in circulation.  Which would also cause a change in adjustment to the currency . But perhaps not the price of goods . Do to supply and demand . It's says there is now less than 40 trillion with 9 trillion in banking . Less supply of currency would mean greater demand raising currency value to buy more goods with less notes ??? So it seems to me ? 
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DWS112 said:

An opinion from someone who may have seen this article?

8-13-2018   Newshound/Intel Guru Mnt Goat    Anyway that this happens, we are told they must watch for inflation in this process, as a sudden adjustment in the value of the dinar could cause prices to sore [soar ?] or even not adjust past the larger 3 zero notes. The prices must come down and adjust. This will not be deflation but an adjustment to equal value within Iraq. For instance, a 25,000 note will be worth $25 at a 1:1. Then as the rate adjust on the FOREX float and rises for example to $3.00 USD, this same note can be worth $75 in Iraq. So you can see the increase in purchasing power at the marketplace. It is all relative and not a “lop” being performed but an “redenomination 

Note to Mountain Goat:

A redenomination is a LOP.

• Upvote 3