Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq confirms not to rely on Iran in the main energy field

12 minutes ago, DoD said:

I guess I’m missing something here, where does it say Iraq paid Iran in Dinars? The only mention of Dinars I see is where the Iranian contractors will be paid in Dinars. 

They could have paid them in Euro, they could have paid them with gold or oil. 

Please someone show me where the sky is falling because I can’t find it...

I believe they signed an agreement that said Iran will pay Iraq in euros, and Iraq will pay Iran in dinar. Is that not so?  ( Iraq is not allowed to pay Iran in dollars hence, they pay in dinar.)

• Upvote 2

First Iraqi installment for Iranian debts paid Wednesday, March 13, 2019
 http://www.iraqtradelinknews.com/2019/03/first-iraqi-installment-for-iranian.html?m=1
Baghdad/ Iraq TradeLink: Iranian Central Bank Governor Abudl Nasir Hemati announced that Iraq paid the first installment of its debts to Iran.

During a meeting with his Iraqi counterpart Ali al-Alaq,  he pointed that many financial topics were discussed including the Iranian banks in Iran and guaranteeing the financial aspects of Iranian contractors in Iraq in local currency, instead of the US dollar.

Iranian electricity and gas reports reached to four billion dollars, out of total exports that reached to 12 billion dollars annually. 

No figures were disclosed on the amount of the first installments of the debts.

Edited by 6ly410
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

IMO iraq has been doing a work around for iran since Donald put sanctions back on , iraq would catch heck if they paid the debt in usd and that's a fact that iraq is very aware of i believe iraq has slowed iran getting usd thru the iraq currency auctions to an extent ,

iran agreed or accepted iqd for payment knowing full well they could have received the payment in many forms but not usd , so with my dinar goggles in place iran has knowledge that the iqd will be on par with the usd ... removes goggles and guru hat and chunks on the floor and replaces with my average joe attire LOL ... the responses have been interesting ....we wait  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

Iran building good ties with Iraq: ex-US diplomat

New York, March 13, IRNA - Iranian president’s state visit to Iraq is very significant as it shows that Iran is forging good political, economic and commercial relations with its western neighbour, a former US diplomat told IRNA.

n83242836-72902110.jpg

“I see the visit of President Rouhani to Iraq as significant for several reasons, including economic and commercial as well as political,” Michael Springman, former head of the American visa bureau in the Saudi city of Jeddah told IRNA over phone. 

“From the economic and commercial side, Iran is the principle supplier of goods to iraq exceeding Turkey and they will exceed China in the coming year,” he added. “They are working very hard at improving commercial ties. 45% of the Iraqi gas for the generation of electricity in the country comes from Iran,” Springman said. 

Iran sells two billion dollars worth of gas to Iraq per year to feed its energy-starved power plants. The amount could rise in the coming months as the summer approaches. “I think the cross-border trade and economic and financial ties is very important and it will be hard for the Americans to stop this,” the now lawyer mentioned during the interview.  

During three days, Iranian president met and held talks with a wide range of incumbent and former Iraqi officials as well as powerful religious officials. “As far as the political part, I think that President Rouhani is working very hard to create good connections with not only Iraqi politicians, but also other people,” The former American diplomat noted.  

“Aside from meeting President Salih and PM Mahdi, he also met former officials like ex PM Nouri al Maliki. Additionally, he has met a number of people in the Iraqi parliament and people out of office, but in influential positions,” he stressed.  

Rouhani’s first visit to Iraq since he took office in 2013 has also sent a strong message that Tehran is ready to move past strains in bilateral relations during the eight years of war that started in 1980. “He is also doing a good job of overcoming some past difficulties such as disastrous 1980-88 war that killed at least a million people and created an untold amount of damage.”

The two sides also agreed to jointly dredge Arvand River, also known as Shatt al Arab in Arabic, after 43 years. The basis of such an agreement goes back to the 1975 Algiers Agreement, under which Baghdad and Tehran settled their border disputes. 

The landmark visit also highlighted that Iran and Iraq are getting closer to each other politically. “President Rouhani and Iraqi authorities have stressed the importance of improving ties between the two countries saying it was Iran that came to the aid of Iraq when the terrorists took over the northern oil producing parts like Mosul,” Michael Springman added. 

When President Donald Trump withdrew the US unilaterally from the 2015 international treaty about Iran’s nuclear agreement, Washington reitroduces two rounds of sanctions on the country, choking its vital oil and banking sectors. However, further trade ties with Iraq could prove as a breathing room for Tehran to skirt the American punitive measures. 

“They see each other as working together to get around the American sanctions and signed deals to pay in dinars and euros rather than US dollars for their trade. I think that's an excellent ideal,” the ex US diplomatic staff said, referring to a deal between Iranian and Iraqi central banks under which Baghdad can pay its debts for importing Iranian energy in its own currency dinar as well as euro.

The American press and authorities in Washington kept silent about Rouhani’s visit during the past two days. Michael Springman considers this “dead silence” “unusual”. “I see nothing in the American press or even on the Internet about Rouhani’s visit. I think the silence is interesting. It’s a dead silence which is unusual,” he stressed.  

Springman, who was fired from his job as head of the American visa bureau in Jeddah years ago for criticising pressures from higher-level US officials to issue visas to “unqualified people”, believes that current US administration is “working towards a regime change in Iran” because “America has a long history of animosity against Iran and Iraq http://www.irna.ir/en/News/83242836

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, ScaryMary said:

If they paid in physical bills I could see where there they would get a wind fall when the CBI revalues it. . .  . . But if they paid electronically wouldn’t it just remain the same original payment amount? 

Good point, ScaryMary.  😊

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, ScaryMary said:

If they paid in physical bills I could see where there they would get a wind fall when the CBI revalues it. . .  . . But if they paid electronically wouldn’t it just remain the same original payment amount? 

exactly ... we dont know what we dont know , iran is very entrenched in the GOI ... cheers

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, ScaryMary said:

So what you are saying if they got 100 million electronically at .00086 dollars per dinar and it revalued to .86 their value wouldn't go up. 

Nope it will go up just like our Bill's just like if we deposited them in the bank and the value went up so would our bank account value go up. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Engine1 said:

So what you are saying if they got 100 million electronically at .00086 dollars per dinar and it revalued to .86 their value wouldn't go up. 

Nope it will go up just like our Bill's just like if we deposited them in the bank and the value went up so would our bank account value go up. 

I was thinking if they signed a contract for $1,000,000 (because Iraq deals in dollars at this time), when the dinar revalues Iran would get $1,000,000 worth of dinar, instead of dollars.

Edited by Floridian
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Floridian said:

I was thinking if they signed a contract for $1,000,000 (because Iraq deals in dollars at this time), when the dinar revalues Iran would get $1,000,000 worth of dinar, instead of dollars.

That is true but if the value goes up from the worthless value it is now and let's say goes up to let's say 1 dinar equals 3 US dollars I would think they would come out smelling like a rose.  

19 minutes ago, Engine1 said:

That is true but if the value goes up from the worthless value it is now and let's say goes up to let's say 1 dinar equals 3 US dollars I would think they would come out smelling like a rose.  

We can all come up with all kinds of scenarios.  All of us are guessing at this point about what's going to happen.  I don't think we're really going to know how it all works out until it happens.

I personally don't think it will go up past $1.00, but everyone has their own ideas.

• Upvote 1

Something else JUST dawned on me (:o   :o   :o)

Hang with me NOW (:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:)

RUMOR (:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:) hazit the Bicraqi Iraqi CBI had 170 Trillion Bicraqi Iraqi printed for the 2003, 2013, AND 2015 series Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar notes.

SUPPOSEDLY (:confused2:   :confused2:   :confused2:) 40 Trillion Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar are out in circulation on the Bicraqi Iraqi streets TODAY!!!

Ah, WHO (:shrug:   :shrug:   :shrug:) KNOWS HOW MUCH fiz'cul Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar is OUTSIDE Iraq of the 170 Trillion OR 40 Trillion Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar???!!!

Nominally, 70% of the, say, 40 Trillion Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar are being held by the Devious Bicraqi Iraqi Citizens as CHUNKAE' MONAE' "under" the "mattresses" OR, nominally 28 Trillion Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar OUT OF the Bicraqi Iraqi Banks.

So, I (NOTE: I) ASSUME (:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:) there ARE 12 Trillion Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar NEEDED on the Bicraqi Iraqi streets TODAY!!!

ARE YOU with ME Still (:eyebrows:   :eyebrows:   :eyebrows:) ???!!!

NOW, the Bicraqi Iraqi are PAYING the Insanians in Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar..............................................................

The Bicraqi Iraqi trade with the Insanians is NOW about 7 Billion USD per year or 7 Billion USD per year x 1,190 Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar / USD OR 8.33 Trillion Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar per year.

OK, HERE is THE KICKER (:backflip:   :backflip:   :backflip:)

The AMOUNT NEEDED in circulation in Iraq would go UP 8.33 Trillion per year AND the AVAILABILITY of the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar SYPHONED OFF TO the Insanians is ALSO 8.33 Trillion Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar!!! A TOTAL WHAMMY of 16.67 Trillion Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar!!!

WHAT, pray tell, WILL happen to the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar DEMAND???!!!

WHAT, pray tell, WILL happen to the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar EXCHANGE RATE WITH Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar BEING IN DEMAND???!!!

WHAT, pray tell, WILL happen to the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar AVAILABILITY OUTSIDE Iraq via internet vendors FOR SALE to folks like YOU AND ME???!!!

WHAT, pray tell, WILL happen to the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar internet vendor PRICES???!!!

I GUESS the Bicraqi Iraqi CBI COULD JUST PRINT MORE Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar LARGE Denomination Notes AND shove INTO circulation INTO Iraq???!!!

:shakehead:   :shakehead:   :shakehead:

WOULDN"T the AVERAGE Bicraqi Iraqi Citizen GET ALL UPSET AND "DISGRUNTLED" KNOWING THEIR CHUNKAE' MONAE' is being SYPHONED/VACUUMED OFF FROM UNDER THEIR "matresses" to NONE OTHER THAN the Insanians???!!!

HOW LONG, pray tell, WILL IT take for the AVERAGE Bicraqi Iraqi Citizen GET ALL UPSET AND "DISGRUNTLED"???!!!

Hey, the HEAT AND SAND SEASON IS NIGH UPON THEM. PERFECT POWDER KEG, er, STORM WITH the "potential" for Insanian electricity to be CUT OFF???!!!

IF I (NOTE: I) recall CORRECTLY, THERE WERE Serial Numbers of the Kuwaiti Dinar DECLARED "NULL AND VOID" THAT were ABSCONDED by Saddam Hussein AND his cohorts during the Saddam Hussein invasion of Kuwait. SURE, apples TO oranges comparison HERE BUT, maybe BABY, APPLICABLE PARALLELS (NOT Parallel Universes, of course)!!!

COULD THIS ALSO happen to the Insanians - THEIR Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Serial Numbers DECLARED ("NULL AND VOID"???!!!

:eyebrows:   :eyebrows:   :eyebrows:

ESPECIALLY IF the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Notes ARE Insanian Counterfeit Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Notes to BEGIN WITH!!!

:o   :o   :o

WHAT, pray tell, ARE THE Insanians going to DO about THAT???!!!

INVADE Iraq???!!!

COME AND TAKE IT???!!!

Yeah, right.

I (NOTE: I) THOUGHT IT SOMEWHAT RISKY to FORCE the Bicraqi Iraqi to PAY the Insanians in Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar or EUROS. HOWEVER, ISN'T THIS a WIN/WIN Scenario???!!!

:crossedfingers:   :crossedfingers:   :crossedfingers:

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT PUMPING BICRAQI IRAQI DINAR. THE OPINION EXPRESSED MAY NOT (LIKELY NOT :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:) REFLECT THE OWNERS, MODERATORS, STAFF, EMPLOYEES, AND WHATEVER OF DINARVETS!!! THE OPINION(S) NOTED HERE ARE NOT CONCLUSIVE AND/OR A REFLECTION OF ACTUAL OR POTENTIAL FUTURE EVENTS!!! CAVEAT EMPTOR, READER!!!

:eat:   :eat:   :eat:

In The Mean Time.....................................................................................................

Ah, JUST IGNORE the nut jobs posting THIS crap..................................................

AND (of course)........................................................................................................

JUST LISTEN to @Adam Montana (YEAH!!!)..........................................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READAE' WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Maybe I'm  completely in left field, but it has been stated many times that Iraq has paid Iran 4 billion of the 12,000 billion owed to Iran.  Yes specified 4 billion in dinars of the 12 billion owed.  Nobody knows what was said between the two countries we can only speculate.  If there were some understanding between Iraq and Iran regarding RV/RI,  what if it were 3:1 Iran would get their 12,000 billion Dollars in the end?????   We have seen Iraq throwing around a lot larger numbers $dinar in other areas.  Why 4 billion?   Like I said, we have no idea of their PLANS of this new 'relationship' forming between these two countries...……..or again I may again be in left field!  This ride has been a whole new education and Im still learning.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Synopsis said:

IF I (NOTE: I) recall CORRECTLY, THERE WERE Serial Numbers of the Kuwaiti Dinar DECLARED "NULL AND VOID" THAT were ABSCONDED by Saddam Hussein AND his cohorts during the Saddam Hussein invasion of Kuwait. SURE, apples TO oranges comparison HERE BUT, maybe BABY, APPLICABLE PARALLELS (NOT Parallel Universes, of course)!!!

COULD THIS ALSO happen to the Insanians - THEIR Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Serial Numbers DECLARED ("NULL AND VOID"???!!!

:eyebrows:   :eyebrows:   :eyebrows:

ESPECIALLY IF the Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Notes ARE Insanian Counterfeit Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar Notes to BEGIN WITH!!!

:o   :o   :o

WHAT, pray tell, ARE THE Insanians going to DO about THAT???!!!

INVADE Iraq???!!!

COME AND TAKE IT???!!!

Yeah, right.

I (NOTE: I) THOUGHT IT SOMEWHAT RISKY to FORCE the Bicraqi Iraqi to PAY the Insanians in Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar or EUROS. HOWEVER, ISN'T THIS a WIN/WIN Scenario???!!!

Well, I read it twice and I think this is above my pay grade.  (I just hate it when people are smarter than me.   😂)

Are you saying that the Iraqis give the Iranians counterfeit dinar in payment?  Counterfeit dinar that was printed in Iran originally, by the printing press that Jimmy Carter gave to the Iranians?  Great President, that Jimmy Carter. :facepalm2:

And are you saying that when they revalue the dinar, they outlaw/recall the counterfeits by serial number and give the Iranians the amount of payment due in revalued dinar, so that the Iranians don't profit exorbitantly?

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Now, if Iraq truly paid the Iran in IQD, where else can the Iranian government use it beside Iraq? Iran exports goods to Iraq by the billions $ each year. But Iraq doesn't sale anything to Iran I know of. So, why would Iran accept to get paid in IQD? Except if they know that the IQD will be internationally accepted soon. Therefore, they can use it worldwide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Spartakus said:

Now, if Iraq truly paid the Iran in IQD, where else can the Iranian government use it beside Iraq? Iran exports goods to Iraq by the billions $ each year. But Iraq doesn't sale anything to Iran I know of. So, why would Iran accept to get paid in IQD? Except if they know that the IQD will be internationally accepted soon. Therefore, they can use it worldwide.

Simple true thanks for the confirmation 

2 hours ago, Floridian said:

Well, I read it twice and I think this is above my pay grade.  (I just hate it when people are smarter than me.   😂)

Are you saying that the Iraqis give the Iranians counterfeit dinar in payment?  Counterfeit dinar that was printed in Iran originally, by the printing press that Jimmy Carter gave to the Iranians?  Great President, that Jimmy Carter. :facepalm2:

And are you saying that when they revalue the dinar, they outlaw/recall the counterfeits by serial number and give the Iranians the amount of payment due in revalued dinar, so that the Iranians don't profit exorbitantly?

Yeah, Flimsy (ACCURATE descriptor NOT name calling) Carter REALLY Screwed Up A WHOLE LOTTA Things via The Insanians AND Chinese DURING The “Flimsy Carter” “Presidential” “Term” of “Office” NO DOUBT ABOUT IT, Floridian, AND ALL The Best To You!!! :tiphat:

Hard to REALLY say WHAT the “sandbox” “players” are REALLY Up To!!!

:o   :o   :o

Something dawned me (AGAIN :lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:) !!!

IF (NOTE: IF) The UST having been at The Bicraqi Iraqi CBI SINCE January 2019, “suspects” “suspicious” “terrorist” “transactions” WITH the Insansians AND The United States Of America SLAPS SACTIONS ON THE BICRAQI IRAQI CBI PREVENTING USD RECEIVED VIA CRUDE OIL SALES TO BE EXCHANGED THROUGH THE CORRUPT WEEKDAY CBI DAILY CURRENCY AUCTIONS, THEN WHAT WILL THE BICRAQI IRAQI DO???!!!

Can’t dollarize the Bicraqi Iraqi Streets - NO dollahs.

The Insanians Have THEIR USD “cash” “cow” SLAUGHTERED - NO dollahs.

CAN NOT pay INTERNATIONALLY in PROGRAM RATE Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar - OR be BLED Dry In NOTHING FLAT of Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar (life blood of the Bicraqi Iraqi street economy AND CHUNKAE’ MONAE’, Too - You betcha LOTS AND LOT OF IRATE BICRAQI IRAQI) OR print ALL KINDS OF LARGE DENOMINATION BICRAQI IRAQI DINAR, PUMP OUT TO FOREIGN COUNTRIES AND THE BICRAQI IRAQI STREETS, AND THEN WATCH INFLATION SPIRAL OUT OF CONTROL IMMEDIATELY IF NOT SOONER!!!

Yep!!!

CHANGE IS A COMIN’!!!

A ReInstatement OF THE BICRAQI IRAQI DINAR INTERNATIONALLY MAYBE BABY???!!!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!

:backflip:   :backflip:   :backflip:

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABAE’, READAE’ WHEN YOU ARE BROTHA (OR SISTA) - LET ‘ER BUCK!!!)!!! 

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

Edited by Synopsis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

CAN NOT pay INTERNATIONALLY in PROGRAM RATE Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar - OR be BLED Dry In NOTHING FLAT of Bicraqi Iraqi Dinar (life blood of the Bicraqi Iraqi street economy AND CHUNKAE’ MONAE’, Too - You betcha LOTS AND LOT OF IRATE BICRAQI IRAQI) OR print ALL KINDS OF LARGE DENOMINATION BICRAQI IRAQI DINAR, PUMP OUT TO FOREIGN COUNTRIES AND THE BICRAQI IRAQI STREETS, AND THEN WATCH INFLATION SPIRAL OUT OF CONTROL IMMEDIATELY IF NOT SOONER!!!

Yep!!!

CHANGE IS A COMIN’!!!

WOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!!

:backflip:   :backflip:   :backflip:

YES!  I totally agree.  :backflip:

2 1/2 weeks til the end of the first quarter (give or take).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

Excellent discussion for sure. Based on what i have read here i would say. 

1. If Iraq paid 4B of the 12B and no more, you could be looking at 3 to 1.
  2. Anything over 4B opens the door for less than 3 to 1. We just need to do the math.
  3. If no money has been exchanged then it is wide open.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

• yota691 changed the title to 49 billion dinars the size of the debt of electricity privatization companies

13798.jpg
electricity worker. "Internet"

energy

Economy News Baghdad

The Financial Control Bureau announced that three companies supervise the collection process on the Rusafa side, with 49 billion dinars in favor of the Ministry of Electricity.

"The General Directorate of Electricity Distribution of Baghdad / Rusafa signed several service contracts and collection with investment companies, and the goal is to rationalize energy," the Financial Control Bureau said in a report on the results of the audit and specialized auditing on service and collection contracts for the province of Baghdad / Rusafa. And the exploitation of energy resulting from this rationalization in feeding other areas and reduce technical losses and improve the performance of the system through the participation of the private sector in the collection activities and periodic maintenance.

According to the report, "Al-Nour Al-Naqeb Company carried out the contract of service and collection in 21 localities distributed in three areas, Zeona, Palestine and Al-Ghadeer, and Rafidain Company carried out the contract of service and collection in 42 locality distributed in the areas of Rusafa, In 15 localities and specifically in the regions of Adhamiya and Cairo, as well as Nakheel Middle East in 51 locality distributed in the areas of Karrada, New Baghdad and the bridge of Diyala and Zafaraniya.

The report pointed out that "the investment companies did not adhere to the investment license in accordance with the letter of the National Investment Commission did not include contracts concluded with the Ministry of Electricity on the penal requirement in case of delay of investment companies in the issuance of investment license."

The report pointed out that "companies did not comply with the reduction of electric loads by 20% in accordance with Article" 27-9 "of the terms of the investment contract.

The report also stated that "Rafidain Contracting Company for the collection of revenues for the months of November and December 2017, the amount of 305.5 million dinars." Note that the contract concluded with the Ministry of Electricity required to achieve 8 billion dinars per month.

According to the report, "indicators of citizens' payment of funds ranged from 0 - 54%, which requires the Directorate of Electricity to urge investment companies to increase indicators of payment for the purpose of achieving funds that contribute to maximize financial resources."

The report stressed that "the Ministry of Electricity is unable to supply electricity for 24 hours to the areas covered, which necessitates the Ministry to provide investment companies equipped energy facilities and reduce the burden of payment of collection fees."

He pointed out that "the number of subscribers collected by Ahl al-Wasal reached 1234,262, the total sold power amounted to 16.4 billion dinars, while the debts of the company amounted to 6.7 billion dinars, and the debts incurred by Nakheel Middle East 36.5 billion dinars, For contracting the amount of 5.8 billion dinars. "

Views 70   Date Added 03/19/2019

• Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to Iraqi minister: We need 20 billion dollars to rebuild the electricity sector

Iraqi minister: We need 20 billion dollars to rebuild the electricity sector

Iraqi minister: We need 20 billion dollars to rebuild the electricity sector

Twilight News    
 5 hours ago

The electricity minister in Iraq, Luay Khatib, said that the reconstruction of the electricity sector in the country requires 20 billion dollars, stressing the existence of agreements from international companies to solve the energy crisis in the country.

This came in a statement to the ministry on the sidelines of an expanded meeting held by Khatib at the ministry's headquarters for energy officials.

Khatib added, "The ministry needs time to resolve the crisis, we will have agreements with major countries, and other donors, as well as specialized international companies will transfer the status of electricity in the country to more advanced stages, and this space should be given to the ministry after the coming months of summer And for six months, we will achieve success for the government and the ministry. "

"We are heading towards radical solutions, not a patchwork. The electricity sector needs reconstruction of up to $ 20 billion over two to four years," he said.

The suffering of Iraqis, especially the thousands of displaced people in Iraq's various provinces, is compounded by the poor processing of electricity to homes and camps for displaced people who lack the basic necessities of temporary housing.

Power plants and transport lines have been severely damaged by the fighting in the provinces of Salah al-Din (north) and Anbar (west) between the government forces and the militants of the organization "Daash" for two years ongoing.

The Iraqi government has estimated the total damage to the electric power organization as well as the funds needed to rehabilitate the damaged projects (production, transport and distribution) by about $ 5.9 billion.

Iraq has spent about $ 40 billion over 12 years on the electric power file, according to a government report issued in 2013, but most of the provinces still suffer from power outages for more than 12 hours a day.

Keywords: 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Egypt plans to export electricity to Iraq

10:50 - 06/04/2019

%D9%83%D9%87%D8%B1%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%A1-1-6

Information / Baghdad .. 
announced the Minister of Electricity and Renewable Energy Egyptian Mohamed Shaker, Saturday expressed his country 's intention to export electricity to Iraq through the Jordanian side. 
Shaker said in a statement to the Egyptian newspaper Al-Ahram that "the political leadership is following with great interest the procedures of the electricity linkage projects in the framework of transforming Egypt into a regional energy exchange center with Europe, Arab and African countries. Both from traditional and renewable energies and owning the largest electricity networks in the region. " 
He added that the ministry is working on four projects to connect the electricity, including linking with Cyprus, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and Sudan, in particular the link with Europe through Cyprus and will soon start the actual work to extend a submarine cable to Cyprus, one of the projects that will link Egypt to the European electric grid.
Shaker pointed out that "there is coordination with the Jordanian side to strengthen the current link line and increase its capacity to be able to export electricity to Iraq and Syria during the next phase," noting that "the ministry holds working sessions with the World Electric Link Organization, To prepare a comprehensive study of global connectivity in October 2019, and occupies the continent of Africa is of great importance in the projects linking the world's enormous electric capacity possessed by the countries of the continent from various sources. Ending / 25

https://www.almaalomah.com/2019/04/06/398171/

• Thanks 1

• yota691 changed the title to Iraq confirms not to rely on Iran in the main energy field
  • Adam Montana locked this topic