Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump's trade war is economic suicide

11 hours ago, umbertino said:

Trump WAS right AGAIN 

End Quote

Hello, LGD....Is he ever wrong? Or....Is he Infallible just like God?

Inquiring minds would love to know

That's uncalled for and you know it. I've made my feelings about the President well known. But I'm not giving in to the leftist full blown insane hate that cannot and will not see when he does something good. 

10 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

Not LGD.

I am sure he has been wrong a few times in his life. Hopefully he learns from his mistakes. The problem is his detractors won't ever give him credit for being right. The hate him so much they can't give him credit when he deserves it. And if they do they will also throw in a dig or insult at the same time.

:bravo:

9 hours ago, umbertino said:

Exactly...Actually I'm convinced there's more than just one ( red negmiester)...They meet secretly when they come out of their caves and plot and decide who is gonna be the next targets.....I mean besides the obvious, myself.....) of their negging....And they have a helluva lot of Fun in doing this....It's surely their main motivation for waking up and get out of bed in the morning / afternoon /  night.....

They're probably kinda giddy folks  after all......And Fun to be around......

You actually believe that?:facepalm1:

1 hour ago, umbertino said:

I honestly think / believe it would be a billion times much more sincere for someone(s) here to admit :

" You are not saying any particularly bad or wrong things in your posts  I / we neg ( practically all your, umb's, posts) regularly ...It's just that we hate you cos you're left-wing. That's the only reason.Period"

Ok...I'd have at least a li'l bit of respect if someone / anyone had the attributes to acknowledge that and just admit it...So I'll know once and for all....( I already do, matter of fact but I'd love to see some honesty and sincerity at least once and hear things for what they really are...To see some / all my neggers simply man up for once...just  that...is that too much to ask?)

Someone already did, and still you're crying about it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

An ACCURATE AND HONEST Statement, LadyGrace'sDaddy.

WHY Reason AND Common Sense AND Decency is dispensed in actions and stated views then lamenting because, "It's ALL about ME AND NOBODY makes ME "feel" like it REALLY IS" and complaining about a personally undesirable response is Dr. Spock 101.

I have the noted poster on ignore because of THEIR inflammatory anti The United States Of America postings and news articles AND disregard for the reasons The United States Of America Patriots died and are buried on Italian soil and elsewhere. No amount of gratuitous community service justifies such ingratitude and fostering of philosophies The United States Of America Patriots died for to help the Italians gain THEIR freedom from the Benito Mussolini Fascist Regime.

Not even worth the time or effort to interact with THAT poster. Being on ignore, I do NOT give the poster down votes. OBVIOUSLY, the down votes the poster receives ARE NOT Red Ruby Citations As Badges Of Honor (NO "honor" from THAT poster at ALL :facepalm3:   :facepalm3:   :facepalm3:) For THAT POSTER For "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power".

Although I do NOT encourage down votes at ALL, the down votes THAT POSTER received are ENTIRELY JUSTIFIED DUE TO THE ARTICLES, COMMENTS, AND ATTITUDES POSTED.

Go four (4) Textual Cornerstones FOREVER!!!

Go E Pluribus Unum FOREEVER!!!

Go MAGA FOREVER!!!

Go True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump THROUGH 2024!!!

Go True The United States Of America Patriots FOREVER!!!

(A Special Thank You To ALL The Red Rubymeisters IN ADVANCE For ALL The Red Ruby Citations As Badges Of Honor For ME For "Display Of Intellectual Speed And Power" Who THINK (misnomer, of course) The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump IS A POS!!!)!!!

Go Red Rubymeisters (ELSEWHERE!!!)!!!

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

17 hours ago, Mother F said:

Stop whining about your Reds Umbertino. 

I haven’t posted in years but I’ve been around. You need to get a life. You’ve been posting nonstop for 3 days. 

You instead just need to leave me alone....Get a life yourself infact... and (asking  kindly please....) leave my sore nuts alone, will ya? Jesus Christ Superstar!!!!!!!! You just contributed infact to make them even more sore....Your scope in this life maybe? Just wondering.....

Never talked to this guy before (his nickname being  Mother F...That will mean something...), never argued with him, never attacked him ( I didn't even know he existed until now...He was a perfect stranger to me....and he'll keep being that, thank you Lord) ...

And all of a sudden ,literally out of the blue... He comes out that arrogantly  and have his hate speech himself  toward me ( why shouldn't he, after all, when almost everybody else and their dogs, cats and  guinea pigs do?...That has become a Nat'l sport around here in the last days, it would seem....)

Dear Mother F (your nickname...)....What should you care for howlong I posted????? Who the hell are you anyway? Another wannabe Boss here?????? Shoot ( those folks have a hearing and an understanding issue, that much is clear...)..

The only BOSS here is Mr.Montana!!! Do you all feel  all of a sudden as li'l ( very very very little infact) Mr.Montanas????  Giving  orders to me  Hitler-style as if there's no tomorow? And also believing I'll stay silent while you vomit all this BS to me ?????...You are not. the Boss ( and never be, praise the Lord...Amen)...Suck it up and relax

Looks like ( at least from this nice first encounter post with me) you have nothing better to do with your precious time than giving me a (very) hard time......Of course with ZERO  motive ( I do not even know you...Praise the Lord again).......Other than going with the HATE flow maybe......Good

By the way I truly love your nickname....Sounds just about perfect....Congrats

You stated in your gracious post "I haven't posted for years but I've been around"....Ok, awesome......But why in the world you might think I'd ever care about that at all??????? Seriously......

Some People, Man.....Are they real??????

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

End Quote

Only one person did  ( which I did appreciate but also that didn't make him more intelligent, mind you, as shown in his posts after he revealed himself) while all the others are still cowards and anonymous HATE neggers...Like it or not

I reserve the right to "cry"as you call it whenever  I feel like and want....Don't Montana up  ( nice verb, don't you think) yourself  also, please...thanks

Only he ( the Boss) can give orders (apart from God, of course...Forgot I was talking w you...So I had to specify that) to me, you, neggers, everybody on this site as this is HIS site...One day someone will get it....I know it's so difficult to grasp ( not talking to you, LGD but to the rest of the hating negging, growing apparently bigger ad bigger, crowd pretending not to understand this simple concept and enjoying IMMENSELY to give  me orders...don't post that, don't  use that source, etc...Who'd like to receive those orders/ commands??? NOBODY)

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

You actually believe that?:facepalm1:

End Quote

Yes I do ( believe that) In that they are a few Folks ( more than one...maybe I 'd say 5-7 haters, neggers but I'd certainly might be wrong on the exact number of Haters / plotters) probably communicating via mail with each other and planning stuff....Absolutely I do believe that

I instead do not believe at all  they are Fun to be with and that they are sort of giddy folks ...That was supposed to be a ( sad, but true imo) joke......

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, umbertino said:

You instead just need to leave me alone....Get a life yourself infact... and (asking  kindly please....) leave my sore nuts alone, will ya? Jesus Christ Superstar!!!!!!!! You just contributed infact to make them even more sore....Your scope in this life maybe? Just wondering.....

Never talked to this guy before (his nickname being  Mother F...That will mean something...), never argued with him, never attacked him ( I didn't even know he existed until now...He was a perfect stranger to me....and he'll keep being that, thank you Lord) ...

And all of a sudden ,literally out of the blue... He comes out that arrogantly  and have his hate speech himself  toward me ( why shouldn't he, after all, when almost everybody else and their dogs, cats and  guinea pigs do?...That has become a Nat'l sport around here in the last days, it would seem....)

Dear Mother F (your nickname...)....What should you care for howlong I posted????? Who the hell are you anyway? Another wannabe Boss here?????? Shoot ( those folks have a hearing and an understanding issue, that much is clear...)..

The only BOSS here is Mr.Montana!!! Do you all feel  all of a sudden as li'l ( very very very little infact) Mr.Montanas????  Giving  orders to me  Hitler-style as if there's no tomorow? And also believing I'll stay silent while you vomit all this BS to me ?????...You are not. the Boss ( and never be, praise the Lord...Amen)...Suck it up and relax

Looks like ( at least from this nice first encounter post with me) you have nothing better to do with your precious time than giving me a (very) hard time......Of course with ZERO  motive ( I do not even know you...Praise the Lord again).......Other than going with the HATE flow maybe......Good

By the way I truly love your nickname....Sounds just about perfect....Congrats

You stated in your gracious post "I haven't posted for years but I've been around"....Ok, awesome......But why in the world you might think I'd ever care about that at all??????? Seriously......

Some People, Man.....Are they real??????

Hi Umberto

Remember when some of these folks condemned you for rarely taking part in the discussion/debate of articles/posts?

It is called a setup. They do not care what you have to say, they only need a target for their own brand of hatred, someone to focus their own frustrations upon.

Once you began to get involved, you were just another toy for them. Anyone who disagrees with their beliefs or political ideologies are accused and labeled and then they attack you personally.

It is against the rules, but it appears the rules are, there are no rules for some.

Don't take their bait...don't play their game. Never stoop to their level...no matter what they say. It proves you are the better person for it.

Just remember, whenever religion or politics are involved, it is best to walk away because too many people are unable to think for themselves, they need constant validation, kind of like herd mentality. Keep in mind, many serve an angry god and angry politics...that is all they focus upon and if you do not fall in line with that toxic mix, you will be a target.

Take good care, keep treating people decently, that always speaks much louder than tearing each other apart. And to think...anyone who states what I just stated are labeled "libretards", or any other popular label to side track real discussion. The ONLY discussion desired by a few here is their opinion coming out of YOUR mouth.

Every few weeks, someone decides to stop the bickering...or apologize, but some just cannot help expressing their own hatred they so fondly accuse others of. Just roll with it, stop feeding it. It is a bunch of anonymous troll like folks who have nothing better to do and they have no desire other than to create conflicts.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

52 minutes ago, Jim1cor13 said:

Hi Umberto

Remember when some of these folks condemned you for rarely taking part in the discussion/debate of articles/posts?

It is called a setup. They do not care what you have to say, they only need a target for their own brand of hatred, someone to focus their own frustrations upon.

Once you began to get involved, you were just another toy for them. Anyone who disagrees with their beliefs or political ideologies are accused and labeled and then they attack you personally.

It is against the rules, but it appears the rules are, there are no rules for some.

Don't take their bait...don't play their game. Never stoop to their level...no matter what they say. It proves you are the better person for it.

Just remember, whenever religion or politics are involved, it is best to walk away because too many people are unable to think for themselves, they need constant validation, kind of like herd mentality. Keep in mind, many serve an angry god and angry politics...that is all they focus upon and if you do not fall in line with that toxic mix, you will be a target.

Take good care, keep treating people decently, that always speaks much louder than tearing each other apart. And to think...anyone who states what I just stated are labeled "libretards", or any other popular label to side track real discussion. The ONLY discussion desired by a few here is their opinion coming out of YOUR mouth.

Every few weeks, someone decides to stop the bickering...or apologize, but some just cannot help expressing their own hatred they so fondly accuse others of. Just roll with it, stop feeding it. It is a bunch of anonymous troll like folks who have nothing better to do and they have no desire other than to create conflicts.

Thank you, Sir Jim...You're ( I did already know and acknowledged that a long time ago) one of the most intelligent minds around here......

You're absolutely right...Again , I'm human and am full of flaws and failures and lacks ..So sometimes I tend to explode...I know it, they know it....

That's how they get ( with my cooperation, I do honestly admit it)  their kicks..I made and still do the PERFECT target ( left-wing, foreigner, etc.)....Looks like they were waiting for me...For real.......I am a sort of punching bag for them ( again .... with my cooperation in that I do react....It's true)...I really am ( a punching bag) to them...Esp in these last days / weeks......There's silence from the PTB of this site....Ok...Only intervention I saw was when a post I wrote was eliminated by a Mod 2 or 3 days back ...No comments added...Just a removal

Again thanks for your great post

All the best, Friend......I'd love to give you ( even though I know you don't care about that) a 100 or 1,000 pluses ( to you and also to  a few select real FRIENDS / buddies of mine here on this Forum)

The day will come.....

Edited by umbertino

On 7/25/2018 at 7:59 PM, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

NOT A REPUBLICAN 

NOT A REPUBLICAN 

NOT A REPUBLICAN 

NOT A REPUBLICAN 

These LOOSERS are R.I.N.O.s and establishment HACKS. 

THEY ARE ENIMIES of FREEDOM. And like all insane, lying liberals they want to enslave EVERYONE. 

Hello LGD...The great Jim Morrison-RIP  used to say in one of his absolutely best best best BEST songs ( The End)  " The West is the best...."  among  other things in the mentioned song

So in line w your post above which I do respect...I'd say...REPUBLICANS are the BEST....

Best to you ( seriously)

Song appears also in "Apocalypse  Now"..One of the most special songs ever imvvvho

Edited by umbertino

China called last night our top trade people and said ‘let’s get back to the table’ so we will be getting back to the table and I think they want to do something. They have been hurt very badly but they understand this is the right thing to do and I have great respect for it. This is a very positive development for the world,” Trump said

“I think we are going to have a deal,” he added. “They have supply chains that are unbelievably intricate and people are all leaving and they are going to other countries, including the United States by the way, we are going to get a lot of them too.

He repeated those sentiments in a news conference later in the day with French President Emmanuel Macron, saying, “I believe they wan to do a deal,” later adding, “I’m not sure they have a choice.”

Stocks rose after the Trump-Macron appearance, pushing the Dow up more than 200 points by around 11:20 a.m. ET.

• President Donald Trump said Monday that China had contacted U.S. trade officials overnight to say they wanted to return to the negotiating table.
  • Before leaving for the G-7, Trump said he would raise existing duties on $250 billion in Chinese products to 30% from 25% on Oct. 1. Additionally, he said, tariffs on another $300 billion of Chinese goods, which start to take effect on Sept. 1, will now be 15% instead of 10%
  • But President Trump doesn’t need their dirty money and has chosen to draw a line in the sand, once and for all. After the president recently upped the ante, again, on the trade war, China blinked.

“China called last night our top trade people and said ‘let’s get back to the table’ so we will be getting back to the table, and I think they want to do something. They have been hurt very badly, but they understand this is the right thing to do and I have great respect for it. This is a very positive development for the world,” Trump reportedly said.

“I think we are going to have a deal. They have supply chains that are unbelievably intricate, and people are all leaving, and they are going to other countries, including the United States, by the way, we are going to get a lot of them too.”

Yes, the Asian superpower knows full well it needs America far more than we need it. The recent call by President Trump for all American businesses to vacate the rival country broke their will to fight a protracted economic war.

“Every deal that the Chinese have signed up with us since their inception into the WTO since 2001, China never lives up to their promises,” Hayman Capital Management founder Kyle Bass reportedly said. “At some point in time, one of our administrative officials is going to hold their feet to the fire, and this is kind of a battle of cultures because the Communist Party doesn’t want to submit themselves to anything measurable or enforceable.”

The pressure exerted by the Trump Administration has resulted in top corporations already pulling their operations out of China. Outfits such as HP, Dell, Microsoft, Amazon, and the gem of all electronics manufacturers, Apple, are shifting production to other countries. The world in international trade circles is that China is now “desperate” to make a deal and cuts its losses.

As a result of the unwavering commitment to resolve the unfair trade imbalance and stop China’s unethical and illegal practices, the Yuan recently plummeted to its weakest level in more than a decade. Economists believe that if China were forced to end its currency manipulation practices, the Yuan’s value would decline by upwards of 40 percent. The Trump Administration has taken the bold step to label China a “currency manipulator.”

When President Trump recently tweeted that U.S. corporations were ordered to “start looking for an alternative to China,” the Communist’s bluster and big talk evaporated. That’s largely because the two economies are heading in opposite directions in this trade fight. America is winning, big league.

“Our economy is phenomenal, best it has ever been, and that’s despite the trade deals. When we get these deals done, our country will be transformed. It will be monetarily transformed. It is such a difference from the horrible, horrible one-sided deals that we had in the past. And frankly, past administrations should be ashamed of themselves for allowing that,” Trump reportedly said.

The president’s optimism about the U.S. economy is fully warranted. Unemployment remains below 4 percent, and wages are rising. Far fewer American are relying on welfare programs, and China is doling out billions in tariffs to help fund the U.S. government.

“I think they want to make a deal much more than I do. I’m getting a lot of money in tariffs. It’s coming in by the billions. We’ve never gotten 10 cents from China, so we will see what happens,” President Trump said.

“(China’s) vice-chairman put out a statement last night that was a statement and saying that he wants to make a deal, and he wants calm.”

The calm China’s Communist Party is referring to is not necessarily hostilities between the two world’s largest economies. Rather, the calm is the fact that China’s GDP has slumped to its lowest level in 27 years. Its exports to the U.S. dropped by more than 8 percent through the first half of 2019 as a result of President Trump standing his ground. Yes, China blinked and woke up to the fact that America won’t be ripped off any longer.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Sorry LGD... The markets went up because the central banks in Europe are back to QE... It's called easy money.. Soon you will have to pay your bank to hold your money, because rates are going negative.... Negative. Get it? They are selling bonds for investment that actually promise you that you lose money... Is that not completely insane? Invest your money for a guaranteed loss!

B/A

Go Red Rubymeisters (ELSEWHERE!!!)!!!

End Quote

Hello Synopsis...That's one of the very few times I do happen to agree with you...Thanks

Who knows in the future ( near and/or far) that might happen again....Everything is possible

Meaning...Never say never as we just don't know what's next.....

Edited by umbertino

A Special Thank You To ALL The Red Rubymeisters IN ADVANCE For ALL The Red Ruby Citations As Badges Of Honor For ME

End Quote

Agreed again with you, Synopsis  on this one.....Describes neggers ( toward the right, the left, the center) to a "T"

That's exactly the way I feel everytime those gentlemen/women neg my own posts, stances, thoughts and articles

Edited by umbertino

I candidly admit it gives me a good feeling to quote a respectable  right-wing Member of this Forum for expressing my same feelings...Which means that some bad acts have no boundaries......

iF SOMEBODY LEFT-WING WOULD HAVE WRITTEN SAME ( AS YOU DID), SOME FOLKS WOULD HAVE LIQUIDATED THE WHOLE THING BY STATING " HEY, THEY'RE BOTH LEFT-WING, SO..."

tHEY CAN'T SAY THAT NOW ( i KNOW YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT YOUR NEGGERS AND i'M TALKING ABOUT MINE ON DIFF ISSUES, BUT THE PRINCIPLE IN ITSELF THAT NEGGING IS BAD DOES NOT CHANGE IMHO)

Edited by umbertino

On 8/26/2019 at 4:11 PM, bostonangler said:

You know that describes America in the Gilded Age before unions? We used to be a country of child labor, unsafe labor practices and such. It was through worker solidarity and unions that the middle class was created. If corporations had their way, they would certainly use cheap labor (not saying children) and would cuts costs on safety... In fact, right now most new jobs being created do not offer a living wage. The middle class is shrinking and people are getting poorer... And the economic policies we are seeing are not going to help any of that. Multi-nationals moving out of China to Vietnam or some other Asian country is  not going to help the American worker. Just like Trump products, other companies are not coming back.

B/A

Exactly...And it's been the same all over the world...You're totally right as (serious and honest and non corrupt...I believe most are ) unions look after the workers who, otherwise, would be literally eaten alive by the companies they work for...And would be exploited to the marrow ( at least)...

So Thank you Lord (and thank you Unions activists) for the Unions and for protecting workers ( all over the world)...Just trying to reduce some   of the exploitation will and the greed of big shots/ owners ( at the expense of workers, obviously).....

I understand the continuous research in order to increase profits and the need to satisfy the stockholders, but...Let's never forget   there are People, human beings behind the products we buy and enjoy ...who often times work in those lagers ( bad places in order to maximize profits) called plants / factories for Christ's Sake....It's always been a fight since the beginning of the industrial era...Nobody ever gifted workers anything..They had always to fight in order to obtain the smallest thing....It's just the way it is....Health coverages, right to go on vacation for a few days in a year , right to have vacation periods paid, reduction  of the working hourse, more protection for workers' safety inside plants, right to be paid even  when you're sick and have to stay home etc...

These are PEOPLE...Not ( don't care how modern ) SLAVES...Slavery was abolished at diff times all over the world...Praise the Lord for that

True that is some Countries the most vulnerable ( the poorest and the youngest...kids infact) get badly exploited even nowadays and really treated as slaves ( India, etc)...The kids already at age 5 or 6 feel the responsibility of helping their Family by bringing money at home...They are denied a childhood and a life , basically...The world is not fair....

Edited by umbertino

LCI3MHFMTAI6RCQMOC3BRSMNHQ.jpg
Traders work on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange in New York on Aug. 28. (Brendan McDermid/Reuters)
a54410e8-8c72-44bb-a143-d9444041d49f.png
Columnist
August 30, 2018

The growing presence of Chinese companies in U.S. stock exchanges poses a dangerous and growing risk for U.S. investors and the American economy as a whole — a problem that has been overlooked for far too long. If President Trump really wants to fix the unfair U.S.-China economic relationship, this is where he should start.

The risk lies in Beijing’s refusal to allow U.S. regulators to do their jobs and verify that Chinese companies are in compliance with U.S. laws. Chinese companies’ systematic use of irregular investment structures to do business on U.S. exchanges without real financial transparency has been going on for more than a decade. Public awareness rose after this year’s release of the documentary “The China Hustle,” which chronicled the efforts of Wall Street whistleblowers to call attention to the huge scope and scale of the problem.

Despite years of negotiations, U.S. regulatory institutions charged with ensuring that these firms are properly audited have failed to persuade Beijing to cooperate. Now, Washington is beginning to connect the issue to the broader Chinese strategy of transferring huge amounts of wealth from the United States to China.

“It’s outrageous that the Chinese government shields China-based companies operating in the United States from complying with American laws,” Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.), chairman of the Congressional-Executive Commission on China, told me. “If China-based companies want to list on stock exchanges or access capital markets in the United States, we should make them comply with American laws. If they will not, we should delist China-based companies from American stock exchanges.”

Rubio will soon introduce legislation to enforce that idea. Congressional action is needed because the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has failed to secure Beijing’s agreement to allow the real oversight of Chinese firms that U.S. companies must by law submit to.

According to the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission’s 2017 report, China’s opaque financial system makes it impossible to verify Chinese companies’ financial disclosures and auditing reports. Through fraud schemes alone, Chinese issuers have stolen billions from U.S. investors with no fear of punishment inside China.

But the larger, looming threat is that huge Chinese companies, especially in the technology sector, are using a variety of creative investment structures to trade large volumes of shares on U.S. exchanges. More than 130 Chinese companies are listed on major U.S. exchanges, including Chinese Internet giants Alibaba, Tencent and Baidu, the commission reported, with a combined valuation of more than $1 trillion.

“The complex legal structures of these U.S. listings, as well as China’s state secrecy laws and opaque auditing practices allow some Chinese companies to shield themselves from U.S. legal and regulatory jurisdiction,” the commission wrote. “As a result, these listings could pose significant risks for unsuspecting U.S. investors who buy into U.S.-listed Chinese companies.”

Beijing uses state security laws to prevent American regulators from obtaining information on Chinese firms needed to verify their audits and disclosures. The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board, which was created under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, lists foreign companiesthat deny it the ability to inspect their audits. More than 200 firms based in China or Hong Kong are listed.

There’s broad skepticism in the China expert community that the Trump administration is going to address this issue if left to its own devices. For one, the SEC decided to replace the leadership of the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board last year, removing Chairman James Doty, who had been pushing this issue with Beijing.

Trump also last year appointed Jay Clayton, a lawyer who helped Alibaba launch its massive 2014 initial public offering, to be the new chair of the SEC. Considering that the SEC is investigating Alibaba’s accounting practices, it’s no surprise the company’s stock jumped at the announcement. Alibaba Executive Chairman Jack Ma is close to the Trump family and has even dined with IvankaTrump.

Some business leaders and Wall Street lobbyists will argue the concern is overblown. The market is self-correcting and the added risk is baked into the stock price of Chinese assets, some say. But in reality, the true risk is unknown, which is the entire point. And when U.S. investors get swindled, they have no legal recourse in China. Meanwhile, American financial services companies that help Chinese firms work the system get paid on both ends.

“We’re bending our laws again for the Chinese for the sake of making money,” said Paul Gillis, professor at Peking University’s Guanghua School of Management. “Ordinary Americans are not aware they have a rising exposure to firms that are not adhering to U.S. laws.”

Trump is waging a trade war with China to force Beijing to play by the rules. Enforcing real inspections of Chinese firms that raise money in the United States is a key part of that fight. The producers of “The China Hustle” also produced “Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room.” If Alibaba is allowed to outsmart U.S. regulators like Enron did, the results could be just as catastrophic.

18 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Sorry LGD... The markets went up because the central banks in Europe are back to QE... It's called easy money.. Soon you will have to pay your bank to hold your money, because rates are going negative.... Negative. Get it? They are selling bonds for investment that actually promise you that you lose money... Is that not completely insane? Invest your money for a guaranteed loss!

B/A

Yep...You do know a lot, B/A...We're going back soon to Quantitative  Easing ( idea launched by fmr Central European Bank Boss ( Italian) Mario Draghi ( before that he used to be the last boss of the Central Bank of Italy before the Euro ( ..An intelligent man)

If it wasn't for that (QE) Italy would have been going into default a long time ago and would have become worse than Greece.....bRINGING IN THE HOLE WITH IT OTHER eu ECOOMIES AS iTALY IS BIG..a LOT BIGGER than Greece

2nd biggest manufacturing economy in Europe...A 60M Country

Edited by umbertino
  • Thanks 1

Hi Umberto

End Quote

Hello again, Jim....You do have a great memory,my Friend...I have to admit I had forgotten about that ( your 1st paragraph) but then it returned vividly to my mind.....

Infact I was accused ( among lots of other things, some funny even in that they were / are so frickin' ridiculous...Some said I was paid by foreign powers,  others said I am a member of the CPUSA and lots of more absurdities......)....As I said.....I got accused to be a coward myself (talking at least 5 years back) in that someone wrote that, right after posting the articles I posted ( that they evidently deemed provoking and looking for trouble kinda) I'd escape from site which for  them meant only that i did not want  having any sort of (verbal) confrontation with those gentlemen / women

• Like 1

Now that I dramatically reduced the number of articles and instead choose to make my own interventions in posts expressing my thoughs and feelings.....I get almost eaten alive....So...which is which?????? Hard to understand...

Easy , actually...Stop posting articles AND also stop your (mine) personal comments....

Sorry....No way...Until I get ordered that by Mr.Montana, in which case I'll stop instantly as the Boss is the Boss ( and him only).

Edited by umbertino
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, umbertino said:

Now that I dramatically reduced the number of articles and instead choose to make my own interventions in posts expressing my thoughs and feelings.....I get almost eaten alive....So...which is which?????? Hard to understand...

Easy , actually...Stop posting articles AND also stop your (mine) personal comments....

Sorry....No way...Until I get ordered that by Mr.Montana, in which case I'll stop instantly as the Boss is the Boss ( and him only).

Umbertino don't be offended by these sad people. They mean no harm they are like the people who watch reality TV... The are looking for someone who has it worse than they do. They find joy in it. How could someone be happy when you know in your heart you support an ongoing train wreck?

B/A

• Downvote 2

46 minutes ago, umbertino said:

No One is telling you to stop posting but I would like to suggest something,why don't you stop being so sensitive and  complaining all the time about how everybody is attacking you. Nobody is attacking you in the real intelligent world it's called debating back and forth not attacking.

• Thanks 2

China's Tariffs Strike Another Blow to Agricultural Stocks

China has threatened to hike tariffs between 5% and 10% on U.S. goods worth $75 billion — the latest escalation in the prolonged trade war between the world’s two largest economies. China would impose additional tariffs of 5% or 10% on a wide range of U.S goods, including agricultural products, in two stages on Sep 1 and Dec 15, 2019.
U.S Agriculture Industry Caught in Crossfire
The U.S Agriculture industry has been grappling with low commodity prices and sluggish farm incomes. Tariffs imposed by China on U.S. agricultural exports last year dealt a severe blow given that China is the largest export market for U.S. agriculture producers.

Per American Farm Bureau, U.S. agricultural exports to China shot up 700% over 2000-2017. However, the trade war led to a 50% plunge in agricultural exports to China to $9.1 billion in 2018. Exports of farm products to China declined by $1.3 billion in the first half of 2019. Per the latest available data, farm bankruptcy filings have gone up 13% in the 12-month period ended June 2019. Also delinquency rates for commercial agricultural loans are at a six-year high.
Per the U.S. Department of Agriculture's (USDA) latest available projections, net farm is anticipated to increase 10% year over year to $69 billion in 2019. However, it remains well below the high of $123 billion reached in 2013.This has weighed on farmer sentiment, making them more cautious about spending on farm equipment. This has weighed on the Manufacturing - Farm Equipment industry’s top line. Tariffs imposed by the Trump administration last year on steel and aluminum added to equipment manufacturers’ woes by inflating raw-material costs.The Zacks Industry Rank, which is basically the average of the Zacks Rank of all the member stocks, indicates gloomy prospects for the Manufacturing - Farm Equipment industry in the near term. The industry, which is a six stock group within the broader Zacks Industrial Products  sector, carries a Zacks Industry Rank #208, which places it at the bottom 19% of 256 Zacks industries. Our research shows that the top 50% of the Zacks-ranked industries outperforms the bottom 50% by a factor of more than 2 to 1.So far this year, stocks in the Manufacturing - Farm Equipment industry have collectively gained 3%, lagging the S&P 500’s growth of 13.5% and its sector’s 5%.

7357b25ca961ff5dc1197e02e9373905
Deere & Company DE, one of the major names in the industry, with a market capitalization of $48.4 billion, has cut its fiscal 2019 guidance twice this year citing a weak agricultural sector. Lindsay Corporation LNN, which makes irrigation equipment, has also been impacted by the trade war and weak farmer sentiments.Nevertheless, the USDA’s $16-billion aid for American farmers who have been affected by the trade war will provide some respite. Farm equipment demand will eventually pick up, spurred by the need to replace ageing equipment. Despite the near-term headwinds, the long-term prospects for the industry’s equipment will be fueled by increased global demand for food and efficient water use. Benefits from Precision Agriculture initiatives will help over the long haul.Investors still keen on the industry may consider Kubota Corp. KUBTY, currently sporting a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy), and AGCO Corporation AGCO, carrying a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy) at present.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/chinas-tariffs-strike-another-blow-150503097.html

B/A

• Confused 1