Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trump's trade war is economic suicide

Kudlow does not expect China to retaliate against latest U.S. tariffs

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - White House economic adviser Larry Kudlow said on Sunday that he does not expect China to retaliate against additional tariffs on Chinese goods that U.S. President Donald Trump announced Friday.

Asked on CBS' "Face the Nation" program if he expected retaliation, Kudlow said: “I do not. I think his was an action to respond to their action. So I doubt whether they're going to take another step. I have not heard their official response yet. We'll have to wait and see."

Trump on Friday put an additional 5% duty on some $550 billion in targeted Chinese goods, hours after China unveiled retaliatory tariffs on $75 billion worth of U.S. goods.

Right or wrong? His success at making predictions has been less than accurate.

B/A

6 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

LOL, My 'MAIDS' will most likely find some indiscriminate article written by a blithering  idiot from Yahoo chocked full of lies and self deprecating gobbledygook.

:salute: !!!LadyGrace'sDaddy!!! :salute:

I am SURE You, LadyGrace'sDaddy, are MORE THAN UP to THEE "clean" "up" MAIDS "service" BY A LONG SHOT!!!

:lmao:   :lmao:   :lmao:

Carry On My Good Man!!! :tiphat:   :tiphat:   :tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And there it is... They are starting to admit you pay the price... Think they know an election is coming?

Lindsey Graham To U.S. Consumers: 'Accept The Pain' Of Trump's Trade War

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) acknowledged on Sunday that the mounting trade war between the U.S. and China will hurt consumers, despite repeated assertions to the contrary from President Donald Trump and his administration.

“The Democrats for years have been claiming that China should be stood up to,” he said during an appearance on CBS’ “Face the Nation.” “Now Trump is and we just got to accept the pain that comes with standing up to China. How do you get China to change without creating some pain on them and us? I don’t know.”

The senator ― who has become a close ally of the president ― said that his South Carolina constituents would have to withstand “some” consequences of Trump’s escalating tariff battle, including a hike in consumer prices.

“We’re now at that part in the trade war where you feel increases at Walmart,” he said. However, just last week, White House trade adviser Peter Navarro claimed on CNN’s “State of the Union” that that there has been “absolutely no evidence in the price data” of the effects of the trade war, and that it is “not showing up in the consumer price index.”

In fact, data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows that the CPI crept upward by 0.3% in July, after rising by only 0.1% the previous month. Further, a recent JPMorgan analysis obtained by CNBC estimated that the fallout from the trade war will cost each American household $1,000 each year, wiping out nearly all of the effects of tax breaks included in Republicans’ recent tax code overhaul.

And it appears the administration is well aware the situation could worsen.

Earlier this month, the White House announced it would postpone roughly half of its 10% tariffs on $300 billion in Chinese goods, pushing the effective date from Sept. 1 to Dec. 15. Speaking to reporters, Trump described it as an effort to delay potential impacts on the Christmas shopping season.

On Friday, China vowed to slap retaliatory tariffs of 5% and 10% on about $75 billion in American products if Trump moves forward with his levy.

As tensions continue to ratchet up, Graham is encouraging the president to remain firm in his stance against the Chinese, despite the senator’s own recognition that Americans will be caught in the crossfire.

“I’d tell you, Mr. President, listen, you’ve got more bullets than they do. They sell us a lot more stuff than we sell them, and the goal is to get them to change their behavior,” he said. “Until they feel the pain, they’re not going to stop.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/lindsey-graham-american-consumers-must-accept-pain-of-trump-trade-war-china-175858800.html

B/A

Edited by bostonangler

1 minute ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

So tell us B/A what do you think of the TRILLIONS of dollars we've given to China over the last 50 yrs? 

I have never denied we need to fix our trade deals... My point is you cannot flip a switch. Apple is going to wake up today and have all new suppliers. FORD, GM, VW, Hasbro, GE even our own military suppliers or almost any company is going to take years to build new supply chains. That's my issue... Any business man with half a brain would understand the basic logistics of supply chains... I have a new conspiracy theory I will share later.... You're gonna love it.

B/A

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

I have never denied we need to fix our trade deals... My point is you cannot flip a switch. Apple is going to wake up today and have all new suppliers. FORD, GM, VW, Hasbro, GE even our own military suppliers or almost any company is going to take years to build new supply chains. That's my issue... Any business man with half a brain would understand the basic logistics of supply chains... I have a new conspiracy theory I will share later.... You're gonna love it.

B/A

Why not, seems to be working just fine. 

All of that corn China didn't buy, Japan just did.

• Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

So tell us B/A what do you think of the TRILLIONS of dollars we've given to China over the last 50 yrs? 

In the 1990s, I wrote to my The United States Of America Senator after she was in the news touting the flight of manufacturing companies with THEIR jobs overseas. I mentioned as a matter of NATIONAL SECURITY WE CAN NOT BE ECONOMICALLY DEPENDENT ON FOREIGN ENTITIES TO SUPPLY MANUFACTURED ITEMS IN ENTIRETY. SHOULD a WORLD CRISIS ARISE, The United States Of America MUST BE ABLE TO RELY SOLELY ON DOMESTIC MANUFACTURING TO THE CAPACITY NECESSARY TO BE SELF SUSTAINING. I ALSO mentioned the challenges faced IN The United States Of America WITH environmental, safety, AND employment (INCLUDING labor AND wage) STANDARDS BEING HIGHER THEN MANY OTHER COUNTRIES WE TRADE WITH. I suggested focusing on THOSE issues WITH Trade Partners SO THAT THE TRADE PLAYING FIELD IS LEVEL, SUSTAINABLE, AND EQUITABLE FOR ALL PARTIES. OTHERWISE FOREIGN COMPANIES WILL BUY LAND AND COMPANIES IN The United States Of America AS A FINANCIAL COUP WITH TRADE BALANCES FAVORING FOREIGN COMPANIES SINCE THEY TAKE THE TRADE IMBALANCE REVENUES AND BUY The United States Of America ASSETS.

Well, OK, she DID respond with ONE paragraph SUPPORTING what I was saying THEN the next paragraph "touting" THEE "benefits" OF OVERSEAS SUPPLIES.

:facepalm3:   :facepalm3:   :facepalm3:

Fast Forward nominally twenty-five (25) YEARS AND HERE WE ARE DEALING WITH THE VERY SAME ISSUES.

MY (NOTE: MY) opinion is having 1/4 to 1/3 of FOREIGN products in The United States Of America IS VERY GOOD PROVIDED REQUISITE TARIFFS ARE IN PLACE IF NECESSARY.

RETURNING The United States Of America MANUFACTURING BACK TO The United States Of America IS A MATTER OF NATIONAL SECURITY AMONG A HOST OF OTHER THINGS.

Structuring Trade Deals APPROPRIATELY AND BRINGING BACK MANUFATURING TO The United States Of America IS IMPERATIVE AND IS WHAT The True The United States Of America Patriot President Donald J Trump IS DOING. The NEED here is to FOSTER EVERYONE'S (Citizens Of The United States Of America AND Foreign Trade Partners) BEST NOT THE EASE OF A FEW IN THE "trade" "deals". Sure, a few TEMPORARY ADJUSTMENTS THEN FANTASTIC LONG TERM ECONOMIC BENEFITS. Forget about THEE minute by minute, day by day, week by week STOCK MARKET TRENDS. Long Term, THE STOCK MARKET WILL BE PROFITABLE, STABLE, AND SUSTAINABLE WITH MANUFACURING BACK IN AMERICA.

Petty Sure THEE MAIDS "keyboard" "combatants" WILL BE "up" "in" "arms" WITH MISINFORMATION AND MISCONSTRUALS.

I am in AWE of YOUR STOLID AND ACCURATE "addressing" THEE MAIDS "keyboard" "combatants", LadyGrace'sDaddy!!!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bostonangler said:

I think that is an exaggeration. China has billions more people than Japan... What is Japan going to do with all that corn, make it into clothing?

B/A

So, you're staying that the president lied with the Prime Minister of Japan sitting there shaking his head in agreement. Because of this thread I have looked into the deal with China and the amount of corn that China was supposed to buy was not enough to feed its 1.7 billion people it was in fact a very small amount. But large as far as our farmers markets earn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

So, you're staying that the president lied

Oh our president would never lie....

I know several corn farmers, they are not hurting as bad as other farmers. They sell there corn for fuel. Now let's see how soybean and pork farmers make out.

B/A

Edited by bostonangler

How is it that you two are so blind and careless for the American people? Trump actually did something good with this Japan trade deal but neither of you can bring yourselves to admit that. It doesn't matter whether you like the man or not it is good that he sold his corn to Japan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Why not, seems to be working just fine. 

All of that corn China didn't buy, Japan just did.

Oh, oh. LadyGrace'sDaddy, YOU "lit" "up" BostonTangledUpper WITH TRUTH AND LOGIC!!!

:backflip:   :backflip:   :backflip:

I guess WE "breathlessly" "await" THEE "I have a new conspiracy theory I will share later.... You're gonna love it." YOU "quoted".

:shakehead:     :shakehead:     :shakehead:

MORE "misinformation" AND "misconstruals" FROM THEE PUTRID MAIDS!!!

P   Particularly

U   Untruthful

T   Totally

R   Ridiculous

I    Information

D   Distibuted

M   Maniacal

A    Alternate

I     Intellect

D    Dysfunction

S    Syndrome

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

I think that is an exaggeration. China has billions more people than Japan... What is Japan going to do with all that corn, make it into clothing?

B/A

Fuel, corn oil, feed for cattle, food for people to name a few. 

Remember, necessity is the mother of invention. 

And to to reference your other post. They may move to another Asian country that is friendly to the U.S.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, bostonangler said:

Will not happen. Just like every other company, that would hurt profits far too much.

B/A

Trump's demand that companies move out of China doesn't speak very well for the party that preaches capitalism either.....I'm not all that interested in purchasing products at quadruple the price so some union protected slacker can make 40 bucks an hour.  My apologies to union workers who actually work hard for a living. 

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shabibilicious said:

Trump's demand that companies move out of China doesn't speak very well for the party that preaches capitalism either.....I'm not all that interested in purchasing products at quadruple the price so some union protected slacker can make 40 bucks an hour.  My apologies to union workers who actually work hard for a living. 

GO RV, then BV

So you would rather pay next to nothing for some piece of junk that was made by a child in a forced-labor situation Yes much more appropriate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

So you would rather pay next to nothing for some piece of junk that was made by a child in a forced-labor situation Yes much more appropriate

TWS.....Your man of choice and his daughter make products by the very same people and process you just railed against.....Think about that.  <_<

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 1