Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Husseiniya threshold resolves the biggest tribal conflict in Basra that has lasted for years

Pitcher

8879.jpg

Emaar Construction

Economy News _ Baghdad

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi discussed with Basra Governor As'ad al-Eidani the best services for citizens of Basra and solving the problems that stand in the way of implementing a number of projects and demands of citizens.

A statement from the office of Abadi received "Economy News" a copy of it, "it was a set of directives and decisions that are in the interest of the province and its people."

Views 6   Date Added 13/07/2018

• Upvote 1

Al-Abbadi Office: Basra Oil Company provided 139 thousand jobs

01:31 - 13/07/2018

BAGHDAD - Mawazine News 
The media office of the Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, Friday, that the Basra Oil Company provided 139 thousand jobs. 
"Abadi met in Basra province with the Director General of the Basra Oil Company, Ihsan Abdul-Jabbar Ismail," the ministry said in a statement received by Mawazine News. 
He added that "during the meeting discussed the development of a mechanism to provide employment opportunities for the people of the province in all areas, in addition to the work of the company and management, which provided 139 thousand jobs in the form of a contract during the last period with the companies engaged in the oil sector and seek to find new jobs with future projects" . 
  Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi arrived in Basra on Friday morning to discuss the situation after a wave of demonstrations in the province to demand services, foremost of which is electricity, water salinity treatment and job creation.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9610e707-5e2f-464a-be89-9cde4df5ca4c.jpg 

A source familiar with the security of the arrival of about three regiments of security forces to the outskirts of Basra province.

The source said that the purpose of the arrival of these forces is to contribute to the maintenance of security in Basra, which is witnessing many of its areas at the present time demonstrations called for job opportunities for the unemployed and improve the reality of services in the province as well as electricity and the provision of usable water, especially after the rise in salinity rates in the waters of the Shatt The Arabs.

Abadi arrived early Friday morning to the province of Basra from Brussels, and held a meeting with the security and military leaders in the Basra operations command.

A statement by the media office of Abadi said that the latter heard a detailed report on the situation in the province, which is witnessing demonstrations in many of its regions demanding services and job opportunities for the unemployed.

Basra province is witnessing demonstrations demanding services, primarily improving the reality of electricity processing in addition to the treatment of water salinity, in addition to other demonstrations near oil sites to demand employment opportunities.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, SupraRacer said:

Well Synopsis you have yet again laid out another concise literary opinion.  :tiphat:Here's to hoping all your opinions come true for all of us.  :cheesehead:

SR

Thank You, SupraRacer, AND The Best Of Your Weekend To You!!! :tiphat:

Just sharing my connect-the-dots so maybe, “CAVEAT EMPTOR, Reader” is Good Advice!!! :o

In The Mean Time......................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET ‘ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

• Upvote 1

Abadi is sure acting like he is the next PM.  He’s in Europe, he’s in Basra, he’s coming to my BBQ this weekend

Dude is not acting like a man who is about to lose his grip on power.  I think that is a good thing!!!!

No he’s not coming to my house for a BBQ this weekend.  IT’s Friday, and I’m happy 😃 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Synopsis said:

My opinion is the stable and somewhat fragile environment in Iraq has reached its limit whether internally or externally (The United States Of America, Israel, Naughti Arabia, Iran, etc.). The pawn here is the currently disenfranchised Iraqis to get pumped up on some issue related to the lack of GOI performance. Some function of The United States Of America could be originating this agitation to ultimately boot Iran from Iraq. I suspect a major performance point for the Iranians as a new JCPOA or whatever will be to pull all the IRGC, IMIS, Qud, and whatever else they have in Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Yemen, etc. and terminate all their State sponsored terrorism in the Middle East so that Iran can return to a international mercantile status. Otherwise, there will be a regime change in Iran. Win/Win either way. The quick way would be for the Iranians to come to the table and adhere to the terms to be given them immediately. In the short term, any instability would infer international help (likely The United States Of America) to eradicate any other "foreign influences" in Iraq so Iraq can be a Safe, Secure, and Stable Sovereign State. I don't think any of this will bode well for Iran. I don't think Sectarian Violence or Civil War will be allowed to happen although it appears to be brewing. What is Sadr or anyone else in Iraq going to say if their Country is falling apart before their and everyone else's eyes with a perceived "occupier" making things right? Besides, the economic sanctions are crippling Iran so Iran is losing potency by the minute especially with the Iranians rightfully upset and agitated toward their leaders making Iran politically and socially unstable. There have been some news articles relating to reconstruction, construction, and economic development to help employ Iraqis. This would meet the current demands of employment by the protesting Iraqis. I do not see this happening with out the SFAs with The United States Of America and France (of all nations) being implemented. I do not see the SFAs being implemented until the election results are ratified and the GOI gets suitably formed. I suspect Iraq has a high intensity burner on it's hind quarters to git 'er dun.

In the process, Nouri al-Maliki may get whacked or somethin'. Win/Win here, too. Here's hopin'!!!

So, OK, I'm optimistic but don't listen to me as I am the eternal optimist.

If nothing else, likely some "entertaining" articles to come in the short term.

In The Mean Time....................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

Mr. Synopsis,

Thank you for assessment and showing everyone that some grow wiser with age.

I on the other hand seem to be regressing with my skills but I am attempting to be an inspiration to all parents.

THERE IS LIFE AFTER KIDS!!!

Keep up the good work my friend.

Thanks again and we'll talk soon.

And of coarse, Go Moola Nova!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, CaptainBVI said:

Thanks again and we'll talk soon.

And of coarse, Go Moola Nova!!!

I look forward to talking soon, CaptainBVI, AND The Best Of Your Weekend To You, Sir!!! :tiphat:

Hopefully You are enjoying Your locale below the 12th parallel. I hear the Saharan dust in the air is making for hot dry conditions inhibiting hurricane formation. Maybe this year will be a light one for hurricanes. Hope So!!!

In The Mean Time (if I may humbly add).................................

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

3 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

I look forward to talking soon, CaptainBVI, AND The Best Of Your Weekend To You, Sir!!! :tiphat:

Hopefully You are enjoying Your locale below the 12th parallel. I hear the Saharan dust in the air is making for hot dry conditions inhibiting hurricane formation. Maybe this year will be a light one for hurricanes. Hope So!!!

In The Mean Time (if I may humbly add).................................

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Thanks 1

Mr. Synopsis,

I look forward to it as well.

I'm no meteorologist but if the hurricanes are inhibited we'll schedule the Post RV gathering on Jost Van Dyke.

In the mean time we'll be below the 12, before the 21st.

Rules are rules, until they change...

Take care.

• Thanks 1

Thousands of protesters have stormed the courtyard of the Sheraton Hotel in Basra, where PM Haider Abbadi is present, well-informed sources told the Baghdad Post on Friday. 

The sources confirmed Abadi had summoned the Iraqi armed forces to protect the city from being captured by the protesters. 

The protests in the oil-rich Basra erupted Sunday as thousands were calling for new jobs and improving the basic services in teh province. 

Up to 14 protesters have been killed and injured. 

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/29421/Thousands-storm-Sheraton-Hotel-in-Basra-Abadi-summons-armed-forces

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 5

Iraq's corrupt parties that are loyal to Iranian schemes have ordered their armed militias to immediately move to Basra, Amarah and Najaf and other cities to stop the sweeping protests there, well-informed sources said Friday.

A few hours before, hundreds of protesters have stormed the Najaf Province headquarters.

The protesters said they sought new jobs and the improvement of basic services in the province. 

The Najaf demonstrations coincided with sweeping protests in Basra south of the capital Baghdad calling for job opportunities and eliminating corruption. 

Iraqi security and medical officials confirmed up to 14 Iraqis have been killed and injured in the demonstrations. 

In Mysan, thousands of protesters have stormed the headquarters of the Islamic Supreme Council of Iraq, eyewitnesses said.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/29426/Pro-Iran-parties-in-Iraq-order-armed-militias-to-stop-sweeping-protests

• Upvote 6

Thanks Pitcher . Very Difficult Situation.  You cant appease Basara alone . You have appease everyone everywhere . Is it close enough to the time if any they have chosen to begin the reforms close to the citizen without damage to their short and long plans . The country can not spiral out of control. This is starting to look like an Arab Spring

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

I suspect the natives are getting all restless and rattling their sabres. Time for the injection of the "opiate of prosperity" I surmise for all the saber rattlers to calm them down!!! 

:twothumbs:

Yeah, Heather Nauert (if I remember right) stated in an article today something like, "Hurry Up AND Git 'Er Dun With Forming Your New Government"!!!

Yeah, I'm thinking there is an extremely high intensity burner in close proximity to the Iraqi hind quarters now. We'll likely see them squealin' loudly for the next day or two. Maybe just me but I don't think their "government forming" will stretch out until September. I suspect it will be much, much faster than that and could be yet this month or early next month.

We'll see!!!

In The Mean Time....................................................

Go Moola Nova (YEAH AND YEE HAW, BABY, READY WHEN YOU ARE BROTHER (OR SISTER) - LET 'ER BUCK!!!)!!!

:rodeo:   :pirateship:

• Thanks 4

"The protests in the oil-rich Basra..."

This says it all. These citizens should have their fair share and they're money is being held hostage by the gov't elites refusing to pass the HCL while they live in untold riches and splendor like the fat cats that they are. 

I hope they riot everyday until they get the message and pass it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, keylime said:

This says it all. These citizens should have their fair share and they're money is being held hostage by the gov't elites refusing to pass the HCL while they live in untold riches and splendor like the fat cats that they are. 

exactly and therein lies the problem oil revenue is all they have to run the country no market economy to speak of , they have been told over and over to diversify, it wasnt till the end of abadi term did he slow the corruption with imf oversight , if and when the citizens get a % iraq better have moved to a free market economy or they will really have a budget deficit,  all imo of course ... cheers 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, keylime said:

For sure - :bump:

• Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to The Husseiniya threshold resolves the biggest tribal conflict in Basra that has lasted for years