Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Husseiniya threshold resolves the biggest tribal conflict in Basra that has lasted for years

Pitcher

BAGHDAD / Baghdad 

- The airports of Baghdad, Najaf and Arbil have recorded over the past 72 hours the travel of more than 350 politicians, former ministers and deputies with their families out of Iraq, informed sources said on Monday. 

The sources said that "officials left Iraq with their families and close to them, where statistics recorded airports Baghdad and Najaf Ashraf and Erbil, the departure of politicians and ministers and former MPs with their families to more than 1,300 people, including children and women."

The sources pointed out that "most of the residential compounds in the fortified Green Zone in central Baghdad are empty of housing most politicians, ministers and former MPs because of their travel to Amman, Istanbul, Dubai, Washington and London in conjunction with the wave of angry demonstrations demanding the provision of services and electricity and improve the reality of health and education and service and find a work and launch Appointments and provision of potable water in Baghdad and the central and southern governorates. "
Some of the provinces of central and southern Iraq witnessed protests, including clashes between demonstrators and security forces, acts of sabotage targeting the headquarters of parties and attempts to break into administrative headquarters and others, resulting in deaths and injuries.
  • Upvote 5

So - take this for what you will - 

I had my reunion with the guys I went to Iraq with in 2004 - and one of our Interpetors made it!  He now lives in Portland...and still has family in Kirkuk and Erbil.  According to the local news (He showed me the article and translated) the government feels that Basra has all but been lost to Iran - and it may require military action.  Not a good thing - but it does show governmental resolve.

He also showed me another article from a local source stating that if things didn't stabilize by August 1, that Great Britian would be stepping in and taking over the local govnermnent because the US has failed to stabilize the region. Anyone here those rumors?  Sounds like "false news" to me....just saying. 

• Thanks 6
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, tankdude said:

I had my reunion with the guys I went to Iraq with in 2004 - and one of our Interpetors made it!  He now lives in Portland...and still has family in Kirkuk and Erbil.  According to the local news (He showed me the article and translated) the government feels that Basra has all but been lost to Iran - and it may require military action.  Not a good thing - but it does show governmental resolve.

He also showed me another article from a local source stating that if things didn't stabilize by August 1, that Great Britian would be stepping in and taking over the local govnermnent because the US has failed to stabilize the region. Anyone here those rumors?  Sounds like "false news" to me....just saying. 

the site gets a lot or almost all articles from the news in the region, so I say no

also I think the British held that region during the Gulf War and it was more peaceful than anywhere else

no one has heard of this and I am sure it would be somewhere posted by now

Edited by newbieDA
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, tankdude said:

At least we know that they have a set time frame that they are trying to achieve a certain task in order to implement something or other. For safe environmental reasons

• Upvote 1

Iraq's government, which is closely allied with the Mullah's regime in Iran, has blocked the Baghdad Post's Facebook page, a new crime to be added to the sectarian government's record of violations against Iraqis.
The blocking came after the Baghdad Post had revealed accurate and dangerous information supported by exclusive videos and images of the horrific crimes committed by the government and the Iranian militia against Iraqi protesters in southern provinces.

Thousands of Iraqis have taken to streets to peacefully demand their rights to new job opportunities and improved basic services. The demonstrations erupted last week in Basra. Then huge protests hit major cities including the capital Baghdad.     
The journalists at the Baghdad Post have produced reports and stories that revealed the size of Iranian intervention in Iraq, most notably the arson attacks by Iran-allied militias against oil. 
Iranian militias have infiltrated Iraq to join Iraqi terrorists who sabotaged facilities, intimidated and even killed defenseless demonstrators. They also intimidated the foreign companies operating in Iraq.
This dangerous information revealed by the Baghdad Post to the world and humanitarian organizations has provoked the Iraqi government, which backs Iranian militias in its horrific crimes against demonstrators who represent the sufferings of Iraqis for 15 years. 
The sectarian government in Iraq now resorts to media blackout to cover up its crimes that were considered war crimes by humanitarian organizations. 
Despite all this terrorism, The Baghdad Post confirms it will never stop efforts to reveal the crimes of the sectarian Iraqi government and its Iranian militias, in addition to revealing the dirty and destructive Iranian role played by its allies in Iraq and the world.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/29822/Iran-cyber-brigades-block-Baghdad-Post-FB-page-for-exposing-bloody-massacres

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

If you ever get bored just start reading the news.  All news!!  

Without getting all prepper I want you all to understand the next big war the US enters may be a cyber war. This article may be more of a warning to DC of Iran’s cyber capabilities than a censorship of one article in the Baghdad Post.  I believe most of you know that our Electric grid is antiquated and has probably been hacked, just waiting for the optimum time to be turned off.  You might think what happened in Basra ( electricity turned off) could never happen here but I’m not so assured.  

I’ve lived through two oil embargoes and it is not fun when you can’t find gas for your car.  Try to wrap your head around NO electricity for a few months. We got knocked out for a few weeks during Hurricane Ike in 2008.  That was like being sent back in time, cave man times.

Im not trying to scare you but you should have a few months of food and water available at all times. Think of it as an insurance policy.  You should also have a way to defend yourself, some extra alcohol to barter with, some basic medical supplies, flashlights with extra batteries, keep your car full of gas, some cash,  gold and silver, and whatever else you can think of to help you thru a crisis.  Living on the Gulf Coast we are ready at all time for a loss of basic utilities.  I’m not saying we are heading to war with Iran but I’m sure not liking the headlines.  Be prepared for whatever may come our way.  Have a plan. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Integrity Party, which is supported by the leader of the Sadrist Movement Moqtada al-Sadr, said that hopes of Prime Minister, Haider al-Abadi to assume a second term in office have been evaporated due to the ongoing massive protests witnessed in several Iraqi provinces and cities.

Leader within Integrity Party, Mohamed Rashk pointed out that the protests have erupted because of Abadi's government failure to deal with the services file.

Rashk stressed that Abadi has no chances or support for assuming a second term after his role in suppressing the peaceful protests.

A number of Iraqi cities and provinces, including Basra, Maysan, Dhi Qar, Babil, Diwaniyah, Wassit, Najaf, Muthanna and Karbala are witnessing mass demonstrations and sit-ins to protest against shortage of jobs, electricity, water and basic services.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/stories/c/15/0/Iraq-news

• Upvote 3

You guys are knuckleheads.  See the link.  Posted today from the Baghdad Post, about as credible a news outlet as you are going to get from Iraq

26 minutes ago, markb57 said:

well planned. now Sadr's communist buddies can take over....

Yep, I was thinking the same thing markb57.  You are no knucklehead.  Haha. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I would bet all my dinar that Abadi gets his second term. 

seems like the best statesman they've had to date , nobody's perfect ... right

13 minutes ago, Karsten said:

I wonder if this isn't more Fake News put out by Malaki to cause more chaos to give him a position and not hang him. 

maliki does or did own many of the news outlets / papers, not sure if the baghdad post just picked up the story or its their own usually they are legit ... cheers

Edited by 3n1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to The Husseiniya threshold resolves the biggest tribal conflict in Basra that has lasted for years